• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Dragner

Sparked and was terrible xD. Only got 6 SSR characters. A ton of ssr summons, none of the good ones. At least got yggy and Mahira.

Now to wait again until probably january. Maybe spark water dog zodiac.

Ultimadrago

Should I buy a Start Dash ticket now or should I play this game for a few months first? lol

It would make it an ideal time to pick up a Limited eventually, but hold off for later on, I'd say. See if you like the game and want to put up with it(s bullshit) before making any cash investment. The deal with the Start Dash is that you can choose a character that most would have to pull for (and can't get from Surprise Tickets, the post-Start Dash purchase tickets) during Limited banners.

It should show up about once a month(?) until you purchase it. Someone tell me if I'm wrong on the frequency.

Dragner

Should I buy a Start Dash ticket now or should I play this game for a few months first? lol

Thanks! #Crying

Play a little and see what you want to play. That start dash is the best ticket youll have the chance to buy so think about it. Theres a lot of strong limiteds you can choose even the super rare zodiac character Mahira if you decide to go for earth.

cress2000

Been saving up sparks for summer Zoey for months but Yggy finally made me crack. I'm elated that I actually got her in 50 pulls. Zoey should still be within reach...

Okay, after playing with Charlotta for a 2 days, I feel like I should start a new ID with Zeta (Fire) and focus on Fire elements only.
But should I? And how is Charlotta and Zeta compared? (Both will be rebalances in the July Balance Patch).

It would make it an ideal time to pick up a Limited eventually, but hold off for later on, I'd say. See if you like the game and want to put up with it(s bullshit) before making any cash investment. The deal with the Start Dash is that you can choose a character that most would have to pull for (and can't get from Surprise Tickets, the post-Start Dash purchase tickets) during Limited banners.

It should show up about once a month(?) until you purchase it. Someone tell me if I'm wrong on the frequency.

Thanks man, and this is what show up for me.
As Draxal said on previous pages, it will show up again every month. I guess.

14YUQZ2.png

Play a little and see what you want to play. That start dash is the best ticket youll have the chance to buy so think about it. Theres a lot of strong limiteds you can choose even the super rare zodiac character Mahira if you decide to go for earth.

Thanks man, guess I'll use my start dash around Summer Premium Draw.

Verelios

I'm maining fire...a lot of things are confusing when you start to reach full grid status so I'll let someone else explain that.

I've personally found water to be an easier grid to complete but that's just Magna Levi daggers.

MrCinos

I've personally found water to be an easier grid to complete but that's just Magna Levi daggers.
Interesting, to me water grid is by far the hardest to complete (out of 4 main elements). I've got 10+ SSR weapons from Levi, but 0 daggers so far. The only dagger I got was a freebie thanks to the anime episode. I kinda gave up on it until I'm done with other elements even though I have 3 water SSR characters (the only other element I've 3 SSRs of the same element is Dark) and it'd have helped to farm Xeno Ifrit.

Since my fire team can beat Tiamat Omega with relative ease I'll be going Wind => Earth => Water => Fire route so I could do it quicker grinding on-element while completing Magna grids. All pendants are spent for Dark SSR weapons.

Adeptrain

Alright, been playing for a week now. I'm maining Dark with maybe Water on the side. I've gotten up to Rank 30 and finally have a small glimmer of an idea of what I need to do :)

That said, are there any Gaf Crews with an opening? Or anyone know of a low-key Newbie Friendly Crew that I help build up?

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Dragner

Thanks man, guess I'll use my start dash around Summer Premium Draw.

Both charlotta and Zeta are going to be good so you cant go wrong.

Take into account that the start dash is only going to have the characters that were in the gacha when you created the account. So no summer characters on it.

Xisiqomelir

Okay, after playing with Charlotta for a 2 days, I feel like I should start a new ID with Zeta (Fire) and focus on Fire elements only.
But should I? And how is Charlotta and Zeta compared? (Both will be rebalances in the July Balance Patch).

Fire Zeta is pretty weak for an SSR, and I don't think will be rebalanced any stronger.

Box is not any worse than "decent" at the moment, and should be buffed to "quite good" after the patch.

Fire Zeta is pretty weak for an SSR, and I don't think will be rebalanced any stronger.

Box is not any worse than "decent" at the moment, and should be buffed to "quite good" after the patch.

But she does get pretty significant buffs. She's practically SSR Jamil after the patch, add that her support skill should work with her anytime assassin, and that's nearly 100% TA in Agni, and 60% in magna with GW dagger/Xeno Axe.

Crit on ougi is great for on-element, and eventually ultimate baha too. Of course i don't know the number for her crit buff, or how strong her anytime assassin's modifier is, but it's already pretty rock solid on paper.

Box also ends up being quite strong. She seems to have Lucio's passive.

Yeah, after I've done some research I changed my mind and go with the Box. D:

Trick Room is full at the moment. I'd say to check Discord for one, but I'm starting to wonder if there's even another casual crew advertised over there at all. I'd have thought something would be there at this point.

Thanks man, I just found one very casual crew yesterday. All good now.

Dragner

Yeah, after I've done some research I changed my mind and go with the Box. D:

Thanks man, I just found one very casual crew yesterday. All good now.

Charlotta is <3. She should be super competitive with the buffs she will receive this week. As for your SD Katalina is the usual choice for water. Drang is also ok, maybe a bit better with charlotta since 2 damage cuts may be a bit too much. Soon we will have a surprise ticket Altair is a common choice there. Best water buffer, both Charlotta and Altair have a 5* upgrade so is a good idea work on them early. You can wait on your SD I think Altair is more critical.

I'm at rank 24 right now, trying to get Dark Fencer class ASAP. But the story quests is getting harder and harder.
And all of my character have reach their maximum level (I know I can uncap them but I don't have enough material to do it yet). What should I do now? :\

Charlotta is <3. She should be super competitive with the buffs she will receive this week. As for your SD Katalina is the usual choice for water. Drang is also ok, maybe a bit better with charlotta since 2 damage cuts may be a bit too much. Soon we will have a surprise ticket Altair is a common choice there. Best water buffer, both Charlotta and Altair have a 5* upgrade so is a good idea work on them early. You can wait on your SD I think Altair is more critical.

Yup, I'm planning to get Altair too, as my friend told me that Altair is a core character for water element.
But I wanna get SSR Katalina (Grand) from my start dash so bad. Guess I have no choice but to go with Altair then. :((

Ephidel

I'm at rank 24 right now, trying to get Dark Fencer class ASAP. But the story quests is getting harder and harder.
And all of my character have reach their maximum level (I know I can uncap them but I don't have enough material to do it yet). What should I do now? :\
Do the Special Quests which give you the mats you need to uncap them.
Yup, I'm planning to get Altair too, as my friend told me that Altair is a core character for water element.
But I wanna get SSR Katalina (Grand) from my start dash so bad. Guess I have no choice but to go with Altair then. :((
No no no.

Start Dash (also known as "Beginner's Draw") and Surprise Ticket (Suptix) are different types of pull.

If you want SSR Katalina, you get her with your start dash because she's a limited character that's only available during the Premium Gala (also known as "Legfest"), and if she's in your start dash pool because you started during a Legfest that's the only way you can guarantee you get her.

Altair is in the regular pool, and is technically available all the time, so you pick him with a Surprise Ticket which allows you to pick anyone in the regular pool.

The Start Dash/Beginner's Draw will show up every month until you buy it (and will always have the characters that were "available" when you started).
The surprise tickets show up whenever they feel like it, but it's been 55(?) days since the last one, so we're probably due for one soon.

Dragner was suggesting that you buy the Surprise Ticket instead of the Start Dash, and get the Start Dash later.
Not that you waste your Start Dash on Altair.

Yaari

Your Start Dash is a one time thing. Being able to pull the limiteds such as SSR Katalina with it, is going to be a one time thing because you started during legfest and she was in the gacha pool. This ticket will keep coming back every month on the day your account was made.

Surprise Tickets are, as the name suggests, surprises, you can get characters and weapons from these too, but never legfest limiteds. Since the schedules for Surprise Tickets are very similar to last year so far, I'm expecting this one to return within a week.

And yeah, like the guys above me said, use this on Altair if you want to play water. And if you have the patience, start saving up your rolls, because the Zodiac next year is likely going to be water too.

No no no.

Start Dash (also known as "Beginner's Draw") and Surprise Ticket (Suptix) are different types of pull.

If you want SSR Katalina, you get her with your start dash because she's a limited character that's only available during the Premium Gala (also known as "Legfest"), and if she's in your start dash pool because you started during a Legfest that's the only way you can guarantee you get her.

Altair is in the regular pool, and is technically available all the time, so you pick him with a Surprise Ticket which allows you to pick anyone in the regular pool.

The Start Dash/Beginner's Draw will show up every month until you buy it (and will always have the characters that were "available" when you started).
The surprise tickets show up whenever they feel like it, but it's been 55(?) days since the last one, so we're probably due for one soon.

Dragner was suggesting that you buy the Surprise Ticket instead of the Start Dash, and get the Start Dash later.
Not that you waste your Start Dash on Altair.

Your Start Dash is a one time thing. Being able to pull the limiteds such as SSR Katalina with it, is going to be a one time thing because you started during legfest and she was in the gacha pool. This ticket will keep coming back every month on the day your account was made.

Surprise Tickets are, as the name suggests, surprises, you can get characters and weapons from these too, but never legfest limiteds. Since the schedules for Surprise Tickets are very similar to last year so far, I'm expecting this one to return within a week.

And yeah, like the guys above me said, use this on Altair if you want to play water. And if you have the patience, start saving up your rolls, because the Zodiac next year is likely going to be water too.

Thanks guy, I thought that both ticket was the same. lol

So should I buy the Start Dash ticket and get SSR Katalina (Grand) now?
Because I'll get both SSR Katalina (Grand) and SSR Altair soon or later anyway.
And if I won't get the Start Dash now, I'll have to wait for another month. Right?

Dragner

yeah please dont use your start dash on altair. The point of starting on legfest is exactly having the possibility of using your start dash on limiteds. Pick Katalina with it when it comes back and you feel like it (she doesnt have a 5* so leveling her to 80 is fairly trivial after a while playing) and when the next surprise ticket falls (it should be soon, probably this week) pick Altair.

The surprise tickets are limited time offers so if you dont pick it you miss it, thats why I suggest you to prioritize the surprise ticket over the start dash if you dont want to invest on 2 tickets so early since the start dash always comes back.

If you want to pick Katalina right now and can invest on a surprise ticket this week too then go ahead.

So for the Start Dash ticket, I'll get "1 Premium 10-part draw ticket" AND "Beginner's pick ticket".
But the question is, the "1 Premium 10-part draw ticket" won't have an expire date right? I just wanna use it when the next LegFest or Summer start.

Dragner

So for the Start Dash ticket, I'll get "1 Premium 10-part draw ticket" AND "Beginner's pick ticket".
But the question is, the "1 Premium 10-part draw ticket" won't have an expire date right? I just wanna use it when the next LegFest or Summer start.

yes, the 10-part draw wont expire, you can save them for legfest, its the same as the single tickets, it will appear on the draw tab the option to do a 10 draw using a ticket until you decide to use it. The character ticket expires after a few days, so you should use it right away.

Dragner

congrats, Im kind of jelous of that Katalina. Also her weapon is super nice once you manage to fully uncap it. Its probably the best gacha weapon right now and worth using once you max it, but that will take you a while.

Gizuko

Don't limit break murgleis right now. The same reason rushing to buy your start dash is a bad idea (you might get better characters for a different element during the next legfest) applies here:

While murgleis really IS a nice weapon, you need expensive (damascus bar) materials to limit break it. You should really wait until you have learned more about the game before weighing if murgleis is worth uncapping or not. Don't get me wrong, it is a straight-up upgrade to any water grid, but for some it's not worth the investment since they prefer to save the resources.

(You won't be able to lb it right away, anyway, but keep that in mind)

Yaari

Don't limit break murgleis right now. The same reason rushing to buy your start dash is a bad idea (you might get better characters for a different element during the next legfest) applies here:

While murgleis really IS a nice weapon, you need expensive (damascus bar) materials to limit break it. You should really wait until you have learned more about the game before weighing if murgleis is worth uncapping or not. Don't get me wrong, it is a straight-up upgrade to any water grid, but for some it's not worth the investment since they prefer to save the resources.

(You won't be able to lb it right away, anyway, but keep that in mind)

7sGgoWS.png

Oh no, what have I done :(

Verelios

Huh, really? If Charlotta is that good after balancing I might switch out summer Naru for her.

Dragner

Huh, really? If Charlotta is that good after balancing I might switch out summer Naru for her.

We dont have the precise numbers yet but she seems to be like the water Gawain, defensive while dishing more than decent damage. They remove the break condition for her charge attack while incresing both the damage and the damage cap. They improved the success rate of blue moon, and her nuke is now 550% damage + duration + unchallenged. she also gains a new hallesena like passive where she increases her attack and multiattack for each turn she wasnt attacked that is excellent for HL fights where the boss is heavily CC'd. Combine all this with her phalanx and it seems that charlotta is meta again.

Yaari

Jesus Yaari, how many gold/damascus bars did you use?

I'm guilty of FLBing my Murgleis too, actually.

I think 5 damascus and a gold bar. I used my moons for the damascus bars. Should hit 3 MLB later this month, and maybe 4 at the end of next.

Verelios

We dont have the precise numbers yet but she seems to be like the water Gawain, defensive while dishing more than decent damage. They remove the break condition for her charge attack while incresing both the damage and the damage cap. They improved the success rate of blue moon, and her nuke is now 550% damage + duration + unchallenged. she also gains a new hallesena like passive where she increases her attack and multiattack for each turn she wasnt attacked that is excellent for HL fights where the boss is heavily CC'd. Combine all this with her phalanx and it seems that charlotta is meta again.
Very nice. Hopefully she's less situational than Naru so I can use my water team more.

RexRexRez

Neo Member
Started playing around the 2nd anniv and last week I finally (kinda) finished MLBing all of my magna grids.

http://imgur.com/a/ao2oO

And now I move on to hades grid. Is there any recommendation for a budget Hades grid ? I already have one FLB Gisla and I think I can FLB one more Gisla, but aside from Gisla what else should I use ?

Top Bottom