• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Guys, I'm really new to the series. Just started watching anime and downloaded the game today.
My first free SSR is Lady Grey. Is she good? Should I reroll? I don't have any favorite character yet. Just REALLY like the art style of this game.

T2erJlJ.png

Draxal

Guys, I'm really new to the series. Just started watching anime and downloaded the game today.
My first free SSR is Lady Grey. Is she good? Should I reroll? I don't have any favorite character yet. Just REALLY like the art style of this game.

Don't start the game now.

Wait the next couple of days for the legfes to start. Please see the following post for reason why.

To better explain this, you get a "Pick whatever SSR you want" paid pull based on what's available when you start the game. In a few days / weeks there's gonna be some good draws, so you might wanna mess around with your current account, get in discord, talk to people, figure out how things work, then dump it to re-roll during a time period where ultra limited SSR characters are available.

The legfes should be really soon (they're usually at the very end of the month), and they have Mahira, an ultra limited SSR zodiac character coming back for the first time in six months. You don't have to get her with that start dash ticket, but if you ever want to spend money its nice to have that option, or any of the grande limited characters.

As for Lady Grey, she's on of the best you get a free SSRs in the beginning.

Don't start the game now.

Wait the next couple of days for the legfes to start. Please see the following post for reason why.

The legfes should be really soon (they're usually at the very end of the month), and they have Mahira, an ultra limited SSR zodiac character coming back for the first time in six months. You don't have to get her with that start dash ticket, but if you ever want to spend money its nice to have that option, or any of the grande limited characters.

As for Lady Grey, she's on of the best you get a free SSRs in the beginning.

Oh no... I just linked the game to my gmail account. This is bad isn't it?

Ultimadrago

Also who in Trick Room keeps pubbing NM?

I brought it up briefly in Chat, but I have to remember that not everyone knows about casually making Nightmares public being something we avoid. In the end I just turned off Secondary Backup Requests in the Raid Menu. A small something, but I don't know how to reach more than half the people in Trick Room, so a soap box isn't going to do much.

MSMrRound

Planning on getting Lady Grey again in a few days. And I'll get the Black Knight during Legfest event. Sound good?

Lady Grey was good, but now she's slightly out of the meta Dark team. It's really your choice though.

Legfest is up to you, but take note that you can't unlock Black Knight's 3rd skill until some chapter 63 in...which you wouldn't be ready for just yet.

Just a few more questions guys, sorry for asking too much... ;_;

So the first free SSRs character are marked as Premium Draw in this wiki link right? (If yes, that's A LOT) That mean Yodarha (SSR) is one of them, right?

And do you have any recommend Water or Fire character (female only) for a long run? I'm okay with any characters.

I'm planning on reroll tomorrow when Premium Gala drop and I'll get a Start Dash ticket later.

So the first free SSRs character are marked as Premium Draw in this wiki link right? (If yes, that's A LOT) That mean Yodarha (SSR) is one of them, right?

And do you have any recommend Water or Fire character (female only) for a long run? I'm okay with any characters.

I'm planning on reroll tomorrow when Premium Gala drop and I'll get a Start Dash ticket later.

If tomorrow is a Premium Gala it includes both Premium Draw and Grand Series lists as possible draws. The key thing is that the Start Dash includes characters that were available when the account was created in its pool. So you can ticket a specific Grand Series character that is normally only available during that time. https://gbf.wiki/Beginner%27s_Draw_Set

Yoda is a good character to faceroll a lot of the early game. For a Water waifu, SSR Katalina is a excellent pick (and is only available during a Premium Gala). Not too familiar with Fire. You can refer to the tier list here for ideas https://gbf.wiki/Character_Tier_List

MSMrRound

The thing about people recommending you to start an account during Leg Fest is because you get to select one of the "Premium Gala" characters which are typically only available during legend fest for your pick of choice.

If they are bringing back the earth zodiac character Mahira as well as adding playable Yggdrasil tomorrow, most likely they will become part of the possible option for you to pick as well.

You can always get Yoda via a surprise ticket down the line, which some of us are thinking should be pretty soon, since it's been more than a month since the last suptix was available.

Draxal

If you reroll, you get one of the following characters in the forced gacha that you initially do.

Zeta (fire), Carmelina (wind), Melleau (earth/dirt), Charlotta (water), De La Fille (light) or Lady Grey (dark).

Some of these characters are going to be buffed soon (Zeta, Charlotta, and De La Fille) in a rebalance patch.

For the start dash, it goes away after ten days when starting account, but it will show upagain in a month, so there's no pressure to get it right away.

Gizuko

Goodwork everyone!

And thank you guys for coming online for the last couple of GW hours everyday (specially being early over there).

Silva.

Metera. Yuel.

If tomorrow is a Premium Gala it includes both Premium Draw and Grand Series lists as possible draws. The key thing is that the Start Dash includes characters that were available when the account was created in its pool. So you can ticket a specific Grand Series character that is normally only available during that time. https://gbf.wiki/Beginner%27s_Draw_Set

Yoda is a good character to faceroll a lot of the early game. For a Water waifu, SSR Katalina is a excellent pick (and is only available during a Premium Gala). Not too familiar with Fire. You can refer to the tier list here for ideas https://gbf.wiki/Character_Tier_List

The thing about people recommending you to start an account during Leg Fest is because you get to select one of the "Premium Gala" characters which are typically only available during legend fest for your pick of choice.

If they are bringing back the earth zodiac character Mahira as well as adding playable Yggdrasil tomorrow, most likely they will become part of the possible option for you to pick as well.

You can always get Yoda via a surprise ticket down the line, which some of us are thinking should be pretty soon, since it's been more than a month since the last suptix was available.

If you reroll, you get one of the following characters in the forced gacha that you initially do.

Zeta (fire), Carmelina (wind), Melleau (earth/dirt), Charlotta (water), De La Fille (light) or Lady Grey (dark).

Some of these characters are going to be buffed soon (Zeta, Charlotta, and De La Fille) in a rebalance patch.

For the start dash, it goes away after ten days when starting account, but it will show upagain in a month, so there's no pressure to get it right away.

Silva.

Metera. Yuel.

Thank you so much guys.

Guess I'll reroll and try to get either Yuel, Zeta, Metera, Magisa, Yodarha, Altair, Silva and Charlotta then (especially her, she's so cute).
The reason that I choose Fire/Water elements is bcuz I want either Katalina or Sturm from the Premium Gala, that's all. LOL

Dragner

Well looks like Yggdrassil is NOT limited and her kit seems pretty good for a suptickable unit, more if we count that she is a primal for tezcat comps and has hostility up that synergizes with halle/ayer.

Lets see what the numbers are and the CDs but the skillset looks like this from /u/LucidIsLove
Ygg skillset
1st skill: mid atk & def up for all allies + ougi charge speed up. Consume 10% ougi.
2nd skill: crit up for earth chara + barrier effect for all allies except herself. Consume 20% ougi.
3rd skill: Party heal + refresh + remove one debuff.
Ougi effect: Gain 20% ougi gauge
Passive 1: More likely to be attacked + gain more charge bar when taking dmg.
Passive 2: Seraphic weapon passive.

MrCinos

Got Vane, Jeanne, Carmelina as SSRs (plus Seketh as Summon) in my three 10-draws, so now I've two 4-man SSR teams:

Rxlkxu5.png

But Vane isn't that good, right?

From solo pulls I got only a couple of SSR summons and that's it (Shiva and Bahamut). Is it worth having them in my fire and dark teams if they remain at 40lvl? These two elements are my most advanced as well.

Xisiqomelir

Is the 2k18 water dog char going to be Fenrir? If it's another water dog, will they have cross-fate?

The event is hilarious and I'm really enjoying it.

From solo pulls I got only a couple of SSR summons and that's it (Shiva and Bahamut)

I always had faith :)

You are now in F2Agni land until Xeno Ifrit comes back (or until you get your own Agni), this grid is a fine template, except use a +HP Ray of Zhuque instead of the Athena sword:

297ae83f390bb015f9f73f2e13e506e6.png

Congratulations on never wasting AP on Colossus again!

Got Vane, Jeanne, Carmelina as SSRs (plus Seketh as Summon) in my three 10-draws, so now I've two 4-man SSR teams:

Rxlkxu5.png

But Vane isn't that good, right?

From solo pulls I got only a couple of SSR summons and that's it (Shiva and Bahamut). Is it worth having them in my fire and dark teams if they remain at 40lvl? These two elements are my most advanced as well.

Vane is really good, can do up to 3.5 mln damage. Who told you he isnt good???

37 single pulls gave me Odin (yay), and tried to give me Agielba and Lilele again, gold moon time.

Odin's cool 'cause for light and dark I was only using the maxed event Bahamut summon from the recent anniversary up til now, so I'm getting a 10% damage boost.

Currently have 1700 crystals on hand, so I doubt I'll be able to scrounge 1300 crystals from the event for a 10-pull. Not by the end of LegFes anyway.

Not really interested in getting the Mahira outfit deal, I've done it before for other zodiac characters and that 10-pull went about as well as one can expect in GBF.

Good luck to everyone aiming for Yuguyugu!

Edit to posters below: CONGRAAAAATS!

Myze

Haven't played in a while, but did have 30 tickets from the recent giveaway.

Apparently the game is telling me to play Dark.

I already had Bahamut. With the 30 tickets I pulled Narmaya, Orchid and Zeta (Dark). I also pulled Jamil (Dark SR), which I couldn't find any information on.

My other Dark (non-R) characters are Shao, Sarunan, Zaja and Deliford,

What would be the best grid for me to go with? I never played a ton before, but looking to start playing again.

bigkrev

2 10-pulls and 40 draw tickets, no SSR

Thinking I should just sell my account. It's got Mahira, Lucio and Kat in addition to 20ish other SSRs, but Im bored with grinding (and i'm only rank 70 so the "real" grind hasn't even started yet, apparently) and I now have to drive to work instead of taking the train, which was the main place I was playing.

Haven't played in a while, but did have 30 tickets from the recent giveaway.

Apparently the game is telling me to play Dark.

I already had Bahamut. With the 30 tickets I pulled Narmaya, Orchid and Zeta (Dark). I also pulled Jamil (Dark SR), which I couldn't find any information on.

My other Dark (non-R) characters are Shao, Sarunan, Zaja and Deliford,

What would be the best grid for me to go with? I never played a ton before, but looking to start playing again.

Dark Jamil was only added today.

Is it possible to get Yuel or Altair from the first free 10-draw??
I reroll for 20 times now, and it seem to be only 1 character from each elements.

Top Bottom