• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, gacha refreshes on 8/4.
So I have 50740 crystals, one 10 ticket, and 102 single tickets.

I think if my math is right, that's around 83000 crystals worth of draws, which means I need three more 10 draws to hit 90k and spark? Which should be enough during the free draw period. I think?

Also I guess SSR Kat is still the best one to get...

Gran/Djeeta are getting a swimsuit alt with the seventh anime dvd/bluray. Siegfried is almost guaranteed a summer version this year imho.
Mmmmh, not sure I wanna order over the top premium JP blurays for one skin... thanks for the info though!

On a side note, I never thought the EN translators for GBF would dare using zero wing references.

edit: whiiiiich is even funnier when two lines of dialogue later they manage to translate Izmir's reido (freezing/0°C etc.) blast to "red" blast.
But apparently that's a holdover from her first SSR so it's probably legacy text.
GBF's EN version is most probably outsourced and manpower shifts all the time so it's common have to work with other people's translations, for better or worse.

ohlawd

I think if my math is right, that's around 83000 crystals worth of draws, which means I need three more 10 draws to hit 90k and spark? Which should be enough during the free draw period. I think?

1 10-draw = 3000
102 singles = 30600

you have 84340 crystals total. you only need two 10-rolls before legfes ends.

I think you should prioritize the rarest characters from the least. in terms of limitedness, zodiac is up top followed by seasonal characters, Summer Zooey, and finally legfes characters. Summer Zooey is more common than seasonal characters since cygames promised they'll release her in some legfes.

If you get Mahira or have her already, go for Summer Izmir (probably not if you aren't some Varunalord with the HP and the characters to defend her with), then Summer Zooey (even a basic 5-claw grid works wonders) and if you have all of those, pick a story character in which Kat is a great pick. or you can ignore all this advice and pick whichever character will make you the happiest/helps your teams at the time.

Oh, premium draw, I know this is not our first date, but honestly, aren't you being TOO forward?
7d2f3822-fc2d-4293-9a7f-3add0ffe02e7.png

Gizuko

I thought getting a dupe Windflash was bad, but getting my third Varuna after wasting 2 stones on her feels gross. Not even her call is good enough to place 2 of her on a team (I'm keeping her for a while though, makes a nice stat stick if I ever get enough copies).

Did get S.Izmir and Ca Ong, though. So, if you don't mind me asking... how bad is Izmir's survivality in a Varuna team? I guess it's a bit soon to judge this one, but her standard version has been around for a while and I keep reading how bad she is because of her passive (this new one is rewarding at least).

My Altair/Kat/Charlotta setup could use a bit of fresh air - and I don't really like Romeo/Lancelot anymore!

sasuke_91

Oh, so you can only get Granblue Coins by purchasing them? I thought they were like crystals and you'd get some of them every now and then.

chrono01

I have 56k crystals, 64 single tickets, and 1 ten-pull ticket. Assuming my math is correct, that's the equivalent of 25 ten-pulls (I rounded down on the crystals/tickets to the nearest multi-pull). Since we're receiving seven free multi-pull during this event, I should able to spark, right? Like, use up what I have now and then wait out the days continuing to use the free multi-pulls until I hit the needed 300 summons?

The reason I ask is because I'm not sure of the time for the reset or anything, or if I'm misreading the fact that we're getting seven free multi-pulls. Don't want to leave myself short. :/

Yaari

I have 56k crystals, 64 single tickets, and 1 ten-pull ticket. Assuming my math is correct, that's the equivalent of 25 ten-pulls (I rounded down on the crystals/tickets to the nearest multi-pull). Since we're receiving seven free multi-pull during this event, I should able to spark, right? Like, use up what I have now and then wait out the days continuing to use the free multi-pulls until I hit the needed 300 summons?

The reason I ask is because I'm not sure of the time for the reset or anything, or if I'm misreading the fact that we're getting seven free multi-pulls. Don't want to leave myself short. :/

You can do like 44 legfest pulls if you also buy the 90c's. The gacha will change before you are able to do all the 10rolls through it.

chrono01

You can do like 44 legfest pulls if you also buy the 90c's. The gacha will change before you are able to do all the 10rolls through it.
I'm not too concerned about the gatcha changing before I can complete my spark. Hell, I'll need to anyway since I'm factoring in the free multi-pulls into my spark, so I can't complete them all before LegFes ends. Do my 25 multi-pulls today, then my free multi-pull, bringing me to 26. Then I should be able to spark four days later, using the free multi-pulls bringing me to 30?

Unless...wait, when you spark, is it only characters included in the current gacha or everything overall? If it's the former, there's no way I'll make it in-time, at least not without spending money. If that's the case, I'll wait until the next multi-pull event before I spark. Not sure of the rules, which is why I'm asking first before I commit, haha.

Look at every "haha look how much damage this does" video and notice they all have summer zoey on the team

Draxal

I'm not too concerned about the gatcha changing before I can complete my spark. Hell, I'll need to anyway since I'm factoring in the free multi-pulls into my spark, so I can't complete them all before LegFes ends. Do my 25 multi-pulls today, then my free multi-pull, bringing me to 26. Then I should be able to spark four days later, using the free multi-pulls bringing me to 30?

Unless...wait, when you spark, is it only characters included in the current gacha or everything overall? If it's the former, there's no way I'll make it in-time, at least not without spending money. If that's the case, I'll wait until the next multi-pull event before I spark. Not sure of the rules, which is why I'm asking first before I commit, haha.

If the gacha changes your spark goes away.

ohlawd

your sparks disappear when the gacha ends. see that 11 in the pic below? that'll be 0 when the gacha ends, leaving you unable to spark. when the gacha ends is kind of a big deal so you should definitely be concerned.

fGD4ReR.png

go to the draw page then click on available items to see the stuff you can spark.

it looks like you're going to end at 29 10-rolls; 26 if you include the free roll today, then 3 more 10-rolls for 29 total before the gacha ends. you should do all 0-AP fate episodes, free quests, trophies, anything that gives you crystals to get those last 3000 crystals you need

bigkrev

Everyone showing off their fancy SSRs they pulled today. I did 5 10-draws today, and ended up with Twin Tales and a Golden Moon.

However, none of that matters, because my son found his way back home a second time

Oh, so you can only get Granblue Coins by purchasing them? I thought they were like crystals and you'd get some of them every now and then.

There are 3ish currencys in the game, 2 F2P and 1(ish) paid
Rupees- these are the easiest to earn, and are used for a variety of things, from upgrading characters/weapons, utilizing the Rupee draw (1 free draw every day, and then you can pay 100 Rupies up to 100 times to draw- will mostly give you normal weapons), to upgrading your ship.

Crystals-These are the earnable "premium" currency. Can be used for premium draws (300/1, 3000/10-part, always at least Rare, and if you do a 10-part, at least 1 will be SR or higher), and can be used in the shop for things like Weapon Stashes or Full Elixers. You will get 50 Crystal for every mission you clear the first time, which is the most common source of Crystals

Granblue Coins/MobaCoins- these are the purchasable premium currency. There will be special draw items to buy (Start Dash, SupTix, Costumes, ScamGacha) that can only be purchased with these, and once a day, you will get a discount (from 300 to 90) on a single draw if you use these coins. Otherwise, they function the same as Crystals- 3000 for a 10-pull, can be used in the shop, ect.

It is important to know that Crystals and Coins, while having the same value, can't be mixed! You can't do a 3000 cost 10 draw with 1000 coins and 2000 Crystals

chrono01

If the gacha changes your spark goes away.

your sparks disappear when the gacha ends. see that 11 in the pic below? that'll be 0 when the gacha ends, leaving you unable to spark. when the gacha ends is kind of a big deal so you should definitely be concerned.

fGD4ReR.png

go to the draw page then click on available items to see the stuff you can spark.

it looks like you're going to end at 29 10-rolls; 26 if you include the free roll today, then 3 more 10-rolls for 29 total before the gacha ends. you should do all 0-AP fate episodes, free quests, trophies, anything that gives you crystals to get those last 3000 crystals you need
Thanks guys! I'll try to see if I can manage another 3k crystals before the spark ends. I do have a lot of Fate episodes to do, as well as story content, so I should be able to make it. Hopefully?

Appreciate the help!

Unpopular opinion I guess but SSR Kat wasn't nearly as game changing as I hoped.

sasuke_91

There are 3ish currencys in the game, 2 F2P and 1(ish) paid
Rupees- these are the easiest to earn, and are used for a variety of things, from upgrading characters/weapons, utilizing the Rupee draw (1 free draw every day, and then you can pay 100 Rupies up to 100 times to draw- will mostly give you normal weapons), to upgrading your ship.

Crystals-These are the earnable "premium" currency. Can be used for premium draws (300/1, 3000/10-part, always at least Rare, and if you do a 10-part, at least 1 will be SR or higher), and can be used in the shop for things like Weapon Stashes or Full Elixers. You will get 50 Crystal for every mission you clear the first time, which is the most common source of Crystals

Granblue Coins/MobaCoins- these are the purchasable premium currency. There will be special draw items to buy (Start Dash, SupTix, Costumes, ScamGacha) that can only be purchased with these, and once a day, you will get a discount (from 300 to 90) on a single draw if you use these coins. Otherwise, they function the same as Crystals- 3000 for a 10-pull, can be used in the shop, ect.

It is important to know that Crystals and Coins, while having the same value, can't be mixed! You can't do a 3000 cost 10 draw with 1000 coins and 2000 Crystals

Thanks for the explanation! Much appreciated.

I won't be able to buy the Start Dash without putting some money into the game then. I'll think about it, but at the moment, I'll go full f2p.

I pulled Summer Charlotte by the way. The game is really generous with its 2x drop rates.

Strimei

Thankfully this time I remember there's free 10-draws on the first day instead of forgetting until like the second to last day!

And for my remembering, I get jack all! Hopefully better tomorrow.

Xisiqomelir

I won't be able to buy the Start Dash without putting some money into the game then. I'll think about it, but at the moment, I'll go full f2p.

Great decision!

Thanks to Monkeygate2k16, Cygames was forced to place certain guarantees in the game to protect the paying players, but these also have tremendous benefits for the F2P player.

If you draw 300 times within a single promotional period for the gacha, you are able to guarantee yourself any character on the "spark list" for that gacha, and you can do it entirely with free currency!

I started in February and will be sparking in 2 days, and am still completely F2P despite having what the community considers a very desirable Start Dash. Only the big 2 MOBAs and Hearthstone have given me this much value for no money at all.

Honestly, if you have good luck with your free draws to start you off, I'd recommend ignoring the Reddit meta recommendation to do a meagre 20-30 draws in the end of month Premium gala, and just hoard all your crystal till spark. Grindable weapons and free SR event characters can take you well into the High Level of this game.

chrono01

Well, I looked at the number of Fate episodes I have, and I can easily get 5k worth of crystals, so there's my 300th pull (which means I'll be able to spark). Now, who to go for?

I have both Bahamut and Bonito, as well as Lucifer. So I'll probably go with one of those elements. I have Katalina, who I grabbed with my Start Dash Ticket way back. Was thinking either Zooey or Izmir. Both look nice, so not sure who to choose. I'll probably do all of my pulls tomorrow and then see how things go. Maybe I'll manage one of them with my remaining 290 pulls (probably not, given my luck).

Great decision!
I started in February and will be sparking in 2 days, and am still completely F2P despite having what the community considers a very desirable Start Dash.
Very desirable and yes if you start dash ever you should get her, but she isn't super good until you have a full emnity grid (all the 7 wind guns or all the 4-6 dark claws all skill lvl 10+) so it's fine you didn't spend money on her right away (or ever)

MrCinos

I've stopped playing the game, barely had 3k crystals to make a 10-draw pull. Got nothing of interest, but my free 10-draw turned out to be decent:

AIXXH8C.png

Dragner

Summer Izmir seems a pretty solid attacker because passive stamina and she hits fairly hard. Probably wont make a main team because water charas are amazeballs but she is good.

Now I have Drang, Summer Izmir, Summer Naru, Charlotta, Lancelot, Yngwie, Chat Noit (lul), Societte, Yoda for water . Need to make a team with this mess.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I streamed my madness of doing 290 draws (need tomorrow to get to 300). Got 12 SSR characters and 2 SSR summons. Given that you are supposed to get 6 per 100... I guess that's below average. I can't imagine how people feel if they did that with actual money, but at least I got the "prize" of Mahira.

I streamed my madness of doing 290 draws (need tomorrow to get to 300). Got 12 SSR characters and 2 SSR summons. Given that you are supposed to get 6 per 100... I guess that's below average. I can't imagine how people feel if they did that with actual money, but at least I got the "prize" of Mahira.

Congrats!!

wilstreak

the beauty of Zoeey is that even with base grid 5 SL 0* claw, during strike time you can secure MVP with just 1 skill and then ougi.

It will save you a lot of time grinding your other grid.

Which characters do you have the most of? I just got summer Katalina, so she's now in the three-peat club along with Jin, Sutera, Charlotta, and of course Walder.

Nah I mean like different versions of the same character like there are four different Jins, Katalinas (five if Katbot counts even though that's really Vira (oh hey I have three different Viras)), Charlottas, and Walders.

Ultimadrago

Nah I mean like different versions of the same character like there are four different Jins, Katalinas (five if Katbot counts even though that's really Vira (oh hey I have three different Viras)), Charlottas, and Walders.

That would be Cagliostro for me then.

Four versions and three alternate costumes.

capture3dryl.png

Dragner

4 Charlottas is my most repeated character, I have all of them.

First I thought my most repeated was djeanne with 3, but I tend to forget Halloween charlotta exists.

latest

So broken and cute...

Mmmmh, not sure I wanna order over the top premium JP blurays for one skin... thanks for the info though!

On a side note, I never thought the EN translators for GBF would dare using zero wing references.

edit: whiiiiich is even funnier when two lines of dialogue later they manage to translate Izmir's reido (freezing/0°C etc.) blast to "red" blast.
But apparently that's a holdover from her first SSR so it's probably legacy text.
GBF's EN version is most probably outsourced and manpower shifts all the time so it's common have to work with other people's translations, for better or worse.

I thought Red Blast was strange too, but it's written in katakana, so while strange, I don't think it's in error.

Oh yeah the translation reeks of a contract Japanese translation company, with all of the wildly inconsistent quality that entails. Events are usually pretty decent though and this one was too. Someone had fun with Ayer's taunts.

Top Bottom