• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

kiryogi

Banned

Is my ID if anyone wants to add me

Could also use some advice

This is my current party setup and summons. How's my order and placement? Fine? Any suggestions?

Next, what should I be doing with my weapons (other than combining)? I'm using what appears to be a knife/sword? When I click it and want to switch weapons, it only gives me a certain selection. How do I equip or get the option to equip other weapons? Like some of these rarer weapons I have? Am I correct in assuming I have to switch my class? In regards to class, when should I be switching?

For now, you should just use the big blue optimize button at the bottom of the weapon pool and summon pools to let the game sort your gear for you. And you can only equip what your job can wear, which is usually two weapon types. And for classes, you should aim to get Dark Fencer, that will let you solo stuff early on.

Here's a job and classes guide to give you an idea of where you can go and what you would need:

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/44/job-skills-bonuses

In your case, you need Arcana Sword/Fortress to get Dark Fencer, so you need to look at Knight and Priest to get Fortress, then Enhancer to get Arcana Sword.

Also for newbies with the upcoming Guild Wars, here's a picture of who you can acquire and what weapon is tied to them:

QYIGngS.jpg

Is my ID if anyone wants to add me

Could also use some advice

This is my current party setup and summons. How's my order and placement? Fine? Any suggestions?

You should build your team around on of these two summons.

note:

- You can find Grande under the yellow or white tab
- Do note that the orange text means they're stronger, you can find a orange anat pretty reliable. An orange Grande is a bit more rare.

For Anat (green), you'll be wanting to use a team full of Wind units, so put them all in the Main Party (the wind SR you have is pretty good BTW).

For Grande (light), you'll be wanting a team consisting of three different elements, your current order is nice btw. If you're able to you can tag out wind units in the sub party with other elements. In the case Rackam/Catalina dies your team will conist of Wind/Wind/Water/Wind. And you'll lose the bonus.

Grande gives 100%/ 200%(orange text) damage as long as you fulfill the three different element requirity. Anat gives 50%/80% to all Wind units.

Just make two teams and see which one deals the most damage. Overall I'd say Grande is better for you atm but in an Earth Fight a 80% Anat probably beats out a 100% Grande.

Next, what should I be doing with my weapons (other than combining)? I'm using what appears to be a knife/sword? When I click it and want to switch weapons, it only gives me a certain selection. How do I equip or get the option to equip other weapons? Like some of these rarer weapons I have?

The weapon types you're allowed to equip depend on your job. You'll be wanting to use a main weapon of the SSR rarity. Fortunately both Arcane Sword, Dark Fencer and Hawkeye use daggers so your Rossetta dagger will see a lot of play.

Am I correct in assuming I have to switch my class? In regards to class, when should I be switching?

Change jobs when you've maxed it (lvl 20). Follow the route of Dark Fencer first. If you max a job you'll also get a little passive that applies to all the other jobs as well.

kiryogi

Banned
Looks like it's official...

ON THE NEXT, GRANBLUE FANTASY,

98m6wYl.jpg

CINDERELLA FANTASY
THE GIRLS DREAMS CONTINUE!

Look forward to Sachiko and Airi action :D

kiryogi

Banned
Apparrently, someone was saying it was mentioned in the recent broadcast/radio event that the new 5s would be idols? So could be the CG girls?

Markun

They announced in-game that they're getting rid of the SSR weapons that don't unlock characters from the premium Gasha. They're planning to implement another way to get them though for those that want them.

No more despair from pulling a Rod of Asclepius from the gasha anymore.

They announced in-game that they're getting rid of the SSR weapons that don't unlock characters from the premium Gasha. They're planning to implement another way to get them though for those that want them.

That's awesome! I got a bow once and I was pretty salty about it. Seeing the rainbow gem and still not getting a character/good summon is horrifying.

aitakute

But those weapons are freaking strong though

Yaari

Yay. We're back.

If my prediction is correct then I should get my Start Dash thing to return when the game changes to the next day in a few hours.

Not sure if I should get Birdman first, or Petra.

Also, the SSR Tiamat gun. Is dropped from the 5 BP Tiamat, right? Because apparently there's a Lvl100 Tiamat raid? But I don't even know, I never seen it pop up.

garath

So of the story based SRs we get, which would be good to limit break? I'm reaching the limit of what I can accomplish without getting new characters/weapons.

I wanted to do the blue element girl that can heal as she's been a staple in my party since I got her but I'm missing a second blue book to do it. Not sure where those drop.

aitakute

Yay. We're back.

If my prediction is correct then I should get my Start Dash thing to return when the game changes to the next day in a few hours.

Not sure if I should get Birdman first, or Petra.

Also, the SSR Tiamat gun. Is dropped from the 5 BP Tiamat, right? Because apparently there's a Lvl100 Tiamat raid? But I don't even know, I never seen it pop up.

You need to be rank 100+ for those high level raids to show up. And yes, SSRs drop from 5 BP Tiamat

Yaari

You need to be rank 100+ for those high level raids to show up. And yes, SSRs drop from 5 BP Tiamat

Ah okay. So do you know what the difference is on those rank 100 raids? Will they be much easier to enter, as there might be less Rank100+ people out there?

MiTYH

Rinさとり;197549717 said:
The wait for the English patch is killing me. I want to play already. Hurry up Cygames.

Ditto this. I'm really afraid it might not drop in March...

muu

That's awesome! I got a bow once and I was pretty salty about it. Seeing the rainbow gem and still not getting a character/good summon is horrifying.

Rank1-100: Dammit a charless SSR weapon!

Rank100+: Not another (insert random SSR of a character you already have)!

thank god character less weapons are gone. Its good if you want to pay 500k yen to play the game but for normal person, pretty much useless.

aitakute

I don't know what's going on in this CM. THIS IS HOW ENGLISH PLAYERS FEEL

T_______________T

Could you explain what's going on lol? I have no idea what's happening, maybe that's how the English players feel :p

Let me help you.
"First I graduate, and then go to college, get a girl friend or something. Then just live 4 years then get a job. And maybe I'll just become an adult. I've just realized, but anyway, just go home and play Granblue"
Text: "Are you playing Granblue?"
"I'm back"
"It's Granblue time!"

qin

Neo Member
Also for newbies with the upcoming Guild Wars, here's a picture of who you can acquire and what weapon is tied to them:

What happens in guild wars? I read something that said we're fighting against another guild each day, but not much more. How do the fights work? What do we earn? Will we actually get enough of whatever to grab a SSR?

What happens in guild wars? I read something that said we're fighting against another guild each day, but not much more. How do the fights work? What do we earn? Will we actually get enough of whatever to grab a SSR?
It's pretty simple.
You grind some special boss monster for points.
Points tally up for your guild, and you get ranked at the end with rewards.

The SSR Guild Wars weapons are random rewards that can be gotten just by doing these events. (even if your guild sucks)

Let me help you.
"First I graduate, and then go to college, get a girl friend or something. Then just live 4 years then get a job. And maybe I'll just become an adult. I've just realized, but anyway, just go home and play Granblue"
Text: "Are you playing Granblue?"
"I'm back"
"It's Granblue time!"

I miss the old CM, the recent ones have all been done in this style.

Also, I'm going to kidnap you so you can translate Granblue Fantasy for me while I play ^___^

aitakute

I miss the old CM, the recent ones have all been done in this style.

Also, I'm going to kidnap you so you can translate Granblue Fantasy for me while I play ^___^

Well you can ask me anything if you want something translated
Or you could kidnap google translate instead

Yaari

Yay. unlocked Hawkeye.

I'll ask here again, regarding Start Dash ticket. My first email regarding this game (and likely my registration) is dated February 5th. If anyone had to make a guess, when should the ticket return?

garath

What level is tiamat? It's one of my last quests to complete the second weapon in the panel missions and I'm not sure what the icon looks like. Knowing the level will narrow it down.

What level is tiamat? It's one of my last quests to complete the second weapon in the panel missions and I'm not sure what the icon looks like. Knowing the level will narrow it down.

I'm pretty sure you can just buy the SR summon in the shop

garath

I'm pretty sure you can just buy the SR summon in the shop

Hmm. Maybe I'm confused. I have two more quests to finish the second weapon. According to the ultimate guide I have to complete a tiamat raid and buy a summons from the shop.

Out of all the raids I've done, apparently none are tiamat. I Google searched it and I see some videos on the raid but having trouble finding it since I don't know what the icon looks like when searching raids.

Buying a summon is another issue. None of the summons in the shop have a button to buy next to it. Going to have to remember to check on my PC tonight and see if Google translate sheds some light as to why.

Oh, didn't know there was a quest to beat up Tiamat.

The 5BP Magna Raid is the green wind lady, Chapter 4 (first Island) harbours her easier multi-battles. I'm not sure if those work but you can always try.

Not really sure how it works exactly, but if you kill Tiamat you might be able to also buy her summon after that, do check at any rate.

garath

Oh, didn't know there was a quest to beat up Tiamat.

The 5BP Magna Raid is the green wind lady, Chapter 4 (first Island) harbours her easier multi-battles. I'm not sure if those work but you can always try.

Not really sure how it works exactly, but if you kill Tiamat you might be able to also buy her summon after that, do check at any rate.

Ah. Very cool. I found her on ch4. Will try her after I get some AP back. Just unlocked dark fencer so hopefully I can start getting MVP on some of these lower level raids soon.

It makes sense that you have to beat the raid before being able to buy the summon. I bet that's why I don't have any button to do so yet. I've been doing all the magna raids just to get the free upgrade materials. Haven't really joined any of the lower level ones. Going to rectify that now though.

kiryogi

Banned
Ah. Very cool. I found her on ch4. Will try her after I get some AP back. Just unlocked dark fencer so hopefully I can start getting MVP on some of these lower level raids soon.

It makes sense that you have to beat the raid before being able to buy the summon. I bet that's why I don't have any button to do so yet. I've been doing all the magna raids just to get the free upgrade materials. Haven't really joined any of the lower level ones. Going to rectify that now though.

Yup. Clear the story battle and it'll unlock the summon battle on normal. Clear that for hard and finally clear hard for Magna... Now for Magna battles, those are only available on the first island.

kiryogi

Banned
And so ends the 5 flowers event! 3 days until the Im@s event and Granblue Fantasys 2nd anniversary!

Ryoukai : New apk or in game update?

Ryoukai

And so ends the 5 flowers event! 2 says until the Im@s event and Granblue Fantasys 2nd anniversary!

Ryoukai : New apk or in game update?
Has there been any Niconico streams announced lately? I'm really looking forward to it if there is one!

The apk? I'm not familiar with android. But yes, the mobile app.

chrono01

I just updated and the icon is now in English too.
O_O!

Any idea whether the app will be added to the English app store when it's updated later? I'd hate to create a Japanese Apple account and switch between the two continually (to keep the apps updated) if I don't need to.

Rixa

Atleast apk is still 1.38 (and working), waiting to get new fancy 1.40 apk ;).
Great news tho :)

Edit: If someone has apk to 1.40, care to pm me thanks.

Top Bottom