• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

27-page anniversary blowout in Thursday's Famitsu.

ZSsft9D.jpg

27 Pages! Oh wow, I'm hyped.

I've gotten some leaks, 2 new job classes Berserk and Sage. Berserk will have rage 4/armor break 2, Sage will have heal all 3. It seems there are more jobs too, these are just the ones I've seen.

m33pm33p

Neo Member
Atleast apk is still 1.38 (and working), waiting to get new fancy 1.40 apk ;).
Great news tho :)

Edit: If someone has apk to 1.40, care to pm me thanks.

Should be able to go into Qoo and hit the update button just as you would in the play store. This works for Android at least, not sure of other platforms.

I can confirm though, at least the app name is now in English!

Uthred

Too busy to really get into the event, though I am kicking myself for not realising I was only 4 badges away from the 300 badge aware before hitting the hay.

Could I get an invite to the guild please, ID: 7517901

Mik2121

I just learnt today that this game is a browser game. Wow. I don´t know why I assumed it was a full smartphone game and not a browser game. Things like the UI animation is so bad it kind of throws me off.

I will play it a bit just because I guess it'd be good to know how one of the more popular games in Japan is...

garath

Rinさとり;197869105 said:
The anticipation for the english patch is killing me D:

Tell me about it. I so want to play this in English. I'm constantly fighting to get through quests and events. I still feel like I might have some sort of fundamental misunderstanding of the game lol.

kiryogi

Banned
Man big update news leaks! Seems like e you have to be rank 50 to join Baha raids now. Preparing for dat incoming English flood.

Also lv40 to join Magna raids too.

Azusa

Translation of the latest updates: http://grancypher.com/2016/03/09/job-and-character-rebalancing/

Regarding Conditions for Joining Battles
If you ask for support in a High Level Multi-Battle, players below Rank 101 don’t receive this request. While Rank is not an absolute indicator for power, it has been observed that extremely weak players join the below listed battles, and don’t make any significant contribution. To mitigate this, Rank restrictions are being implemented for Non-HL Multi-Battles as well.

If you are below the stated Rank requirements, these battles will simply not appear in your list.

Rank 30 and above
All Magna

Rank 40 and above
Flame=Glass
Makyura Marius
Medusa
Nataku
Apollon
Dark Angel Olivia
Odin
Grani
Lich

Rank 50 and above
Proto Bahamut

Regarding the Brilliances of Valour and Honour
These are colloquially known as “Silver Points” and “Gold Points” respectively.

To receive any Brilliances in eligible battles, you will now need to have a contribution above a certain amount. This is a new counter-measure to stop people from joining a battle, poking it, and then disappearing. Rarity Bonus will continue to work in the same way, but Rarity Bonus for Brilliance of Honour will cease to exist some time after Mar. 10.

garath

Wow. Well I guess I get to kiss the magna raid loot goodbye. My rank 30 just isn't going to cut it. I usually use my BP for the free enhancers. I even got a real SR weapon from one once.

Disappointing :(

I'll have to see how quickly I can get to 50. It's definitely slowed down a lot though.

I can see this being a huge pain in the ass for lowbies, mostly because there isn't really any other way to start building a weapon pools other then magna drops. Forcing people to be rank 30 isn't going to magically make them pull more weight, all it'll do is force the leechers to wait till till rank 30, now with a crappier pool.

Doesn't make too much sense to me but this is Cygames, so I guess this could make sense to them after a few laps around the money pool.

Rank 30 isn't a big deal I think, you can get there easily within a few weeks. That being said, there's not really a real reason to even bother implementing a rank lock. The only difference between a Rank 1 and Rank 30 is probably that you can cast Miserable Mist and Gravity.

Wow. Well I guess I get to kiss the magna raid loot goodbye. My rank 30 just isn't going to cut it.

Translation of the latest updates: http://grancypher.com/2016/03/09/job-and-character-rebalancing/
Rank 30 and Above
All Magna

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah I misinterpreted summons for magna. But I do agree that leeching was part of the experience... But at the same time I've seen A proto bahamut raid sit there with 30min left because everyone died.

Yaari

Rank 30 was a weekend of playing during a good event with 1/2 AP.
That said, I'm more worried about having the proper contribution to the fight. It's difficult to get the weapon pool to do enough damage as it is, without magna to leech from, only harder.

PS: Will our newbie guild be able to do anything in the effort towards a GW character? I kind of want to work towards one even though it might take a while. I'm not sure what to expect

PS: Will our newbie guild be able to do anything in the effort towards a GW character? I kind of want to work towards one even though it might take a while. I'm not sure what to expect

You do the grind on your own by killing bosses in order to get tickets to roll in the gacha and (hopefully) get four copies of the Guild War Weapon you choose. It's kinda like the Idol event.

The Guild Vs. Guild mechanics are based on how well everyone in our guild grinds, but the rewards aren't related to the GW chars. It's just a nice bonus.

magna does not need the rank restriction or the one punch restriction. Let the new player leech. They(magna) already die very quickly.
Maybe only apply the restriction for bahamut.

In HL however, one punch sucks.

Yaari

You do the grind on your own by killing bosses in order to get tickets to roll in the gacha and (hopefully) get four copies of the Guild War Weapon you choose. It's kinda like the Idol event.

The Guild Vs. Guild mechanics are based on how well everyone in our guild grinds, but the rewards aren't related to the GW chars. It's just a nice bonus.

Ah! Great then. A lot of grinding again I guess. But I'm glad I get to participate.

garath

I can't seem to get the "sell an item" mission for the panel missions to work. I click it, it takes me to the Item exchange shop and I've tried exchanging for a simple R sword and a couple orb trade ups. I've also bought a summon. None of those worked.

Any ideas?

kiryogi

Banned
I can't seem to get the "sell an item" mission for the panel missions to work. I click it, it takes me to the Item exchange shop and I've tried exchanging for a simple R sword and a couple orb trade ups. I've also bought a summon. None of those worked.

Any ideas?

You sell items from your inventory. Access your list and choose the item you want to sell, at the bottom should be a button to sell it.

kiryogi

Banned
As we figured we will have to play CG girls to get some of the girls!

Airi requires CG
Sachi is ingame xchange
Uzuki is CG
Mio is event clear
Rin is trust.

And yes they are 5s!

Ryoukai

Bleh.. A wind staff which has hp skill. Here's hoping the fire axe has a attack passive, the design looks really good and would fit with the new berserker class.

I'm cool with Airi but the lack of Anzu is a let down.

I wish I could feed off Mio when I get her. Keeping her at level 1 forever is the best I can do instead.

Really upset with Cygames' choice of making concert characters limited to a physical location. Unless I want to spend hundreds on travel I'm stuck with the Harbin Tuba player from Osaka. Absolutely the worst of the bunch.

Rixa

We have 2 hours maintenance (started 9mins ago).

Today Iam having good rng with manga drops.
11 Hours ago Tiamat dropped that gun and about 5mins before maintenance started (didnt know about it) had full bp and went to Colossus multibattle and it dropped that sword.

kiryogi

Banned
Yup there's two maintenances. This first one is to prep for the 2ns anniversary update. Later today there will be another one to implement... Which could mean English options.

bjork

Yup there's two maintenances. This first one is to prep for the 2ns anniversary update. Later today there will be another one to implement... Which could mean English options.

I would like this to be true. I finally got the JP app the other day, but I haven't taken the plunge just yet. It would be cool if I could dive in with some english. :)

garath

We have 2 hours maintenance (started 9mins ago).

Today Iam having good rng with manga drops.

11 Hours ago Tiamat dropped that gun and about 5mins before maintenance started (didnt know about it) had full bp and went to Colossus multibattle and it dropped that sword.

Wow lucky. I've only ever seen a single SR weapon drop from a magna raid :(

We can only hope. I do wonder if they are planning on releasing on US play store or still have to use the Japanese apk just with English options. I'd hope for the former.

Top Bottom