• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scopebob Sniperpants said:
063.jpg

WALL FUCKING PAPER.

centracore

The 'Banging Trash Can Lids For An Hour!" thing is hilarious. I can't wait for some more of that Rockstar brand humor and sarcasm. :lol

painey said:

It is.

GAMESPOT PREVIEW said:
Once the pair arrived at the bar, we saw them go in and heard Roman proclaim his hope of finding girls with low self-esteem. One short cinematic later, the pair, who were what the Russians might call drunkski, stumble out and, in a goofy minigame sure to raise a few hackles, Niko must get Roman home. Because he's more than a little messed up himself, your challenge is get Niko's sorry butt to his actual car, which is made quite a challenge due to a wavy camera angle and, we're told, an overly sensitive control scheme that makes the act of walking a challenge.

painey

Scopebob Sniperpants said:

that cinematic is obviously the one they mentioned, you can tell the in game from cut scenes because the cut scenes have much sharper faces. Im sure the "mini game" wobble follows that scene, no way is that clip controllable in game.

Remy

I live not far from the Bohemian Beer Garden and Steinway Street, so the beer garden in the game killed me.

Jtrizzy

I bet they will make lots of jokes about the russian accents, sort of an homage to Borat's style of comedy. Hopefully, as there are few things funnier to me than listening to people from other countries butcher American catch phrases and the English language.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Ninja Kn1ght said:
Seeing all this new stuff has really gotten me excited for GTAIV. It's great to see the GTA sense of humour again. :D

Likewise. The Sprunk song is what really brought me back though. GT-fucking-A!

Banging Trash Can Lids for and Hour
"Critics says it's astonishing. Astonishing what people from out of town will pay to see"

OMG, the items in that gift shop are amazing. :lol :lol

I'm so hyped for this game now. Pre-order confirmed.

Antimatter said:
Slowed it down a little.

2250723255_b5da2a3265_o.gif
weird that the windshield doesn't crack or anything. Maybe it's the low angle and the pedestrian doesn't hit the glass hard enough, but you'd think the glass would crack even a little.

e: not really complaining, just noticing. This game will rule my life. Perfect timing too, as I'll be buying my first HDTV in late april.

Guy LeDouche said:
weird that the windshield doesn't crack or anything. Maybe it's the low angle and the pedestrian doesn't hit the glass hard enough, but you'd think the glass would crack even a little.

e: not really complaining, just noticing. This game will rule my life. Perfect timing too, as I'll be buying my first HDTV in late april.

Look at Roman and Nico in the car - their heads are bobbing with the sway of the car when they're turning. And check the back tires - it even looks like they're skidding a bit as a result of the sharp turn. ATTENTION TO DETAIL, VOLITION. MAYBE THIRD'S A CHARM, KIDS.

Loudninja

PSM3 has a preview of the PS3 version.

Edit:
Some facts:

*You helmet will come off during a major collision
*Hold X to block ,O to kick, square for a punch ,an triangle to do things such as a head butt
*No body building, but different Outfits
*Cherry Popping R3 missions are back
* There are 18 radio stations

Loudninja said:
PSM3 has a preview of the PS3 version.

Edit:

Some facts:

*You helmet will come off during a major collision

*Hold X to block O to kick square for a punch an triangle to head butt

Is this like the warriors? I think Triangle was grapple.
I hope this game has a grapple. The Warriors was so fucking fun. Grabbing and throwing was excellent.

PnCIa

Just watched the videos and took a look around on the site...how can they keep the same quality (or get even better) throughout those massive games? Those guys are beyond me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom