• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

E92 M3

Probably for balance reasons, though it could always be intended as freeLC in the future. Maybe their plan was to allow people to level up naturally, and once everyone was in a certain position of power they'd slowly roll out some crazy vehicles like the Lazer so that the game didn't start off with people buying fighter jets and annihilating newcomers right off the bat.

If anything, the tank is a lot more game breaking and dangerous. The jet is just fun.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm not sure but from what I've tested with the explosives was your tank already damaged? I crashed 3 luxors into one and it did squat.

Do they not lock on to the tank already?

I've had a tank survive 7 gang attacks with no issues.

Another time, it started beeping and emitting black smoke after 1 gang attack + 3 star police.

Flandy

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...kstar-verified-gta-online-jobs.html/#comments

cnFrVdz.png

1380772790_robin-hoodhvshs.gif
As long as we don't lose the stuff we've already bought it's cool I guess :\
I'm hoping it's just the raw cash they remove and not the actual stuff you've bought. I don't know that they could even figure out what you've specifically bought via hacked cash in the first place.

By the way, has anyone else toyed with pearlescent finishes on cars? I figured out this awesome purplish / candy red combination for my Vacca by doing Midnight Purple and Garnet Red together.

0_0.jpg

It's also possible to cheat to get some of the cooler colors by messing with Pearlescent shades. For example, Midnight Purple combined with a richer blue can pretty easily make an imitation Spinnaker Purple.

I also had a weird glitch where I had two haircuts at once - my usual mohawk had cornrows underneath it. I actually kinda like it, considering you're near-bald when you have a mohawk otherwise. Before and after shots:

0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg
My cars are pretty much this color
The best thing to do when you're bored is to grab a tank and drive to a gang neighborhood. Then start shit for no reason until the cops show up. Them watch as the cops and gang kill each other.
I'm soo doing this. Where's a good gang area? Grove street?

I'd be fine with them removing it. It only encouraged people to amp up on rifle ammo and armor and just parade around killing people (I've seen this common at apartment entrances/garages where they just camp outside waiting on your guy/girl to casually walk out). All while doing so with GTA's terrible walking/running animations and aiming system. If those things were better, I wouldn't mind it - at all. Until that's fixed, PVP in GTA is a shitshow.

I'm curious how much money they'll wipe. I was up to 100K in funds until somebody gifted me $20M.
Lucky for me I have one of the lesser expensive 10 car apartments. Mine was like 300k and next to a highway. Has a great view of LS

Before the hacked money came into play, I haven't touched Online since the opening month -- I almost hated it. Conserving ammo, not being able to blow up personal vehicles without a huge negative hit, expensive everything, and free mode just consisting of everyone driving around with a little shootout here and there. Now, I see airplanes randomly crashing, tank battles, police shoot outs, experimentation with explosives, and so on. That is what this game should have been from the start. A place to fuck around with and cause chaos. Or at least had it as an option. As initially designed, Online was extremely boring. Ironically, in it's "broken" state, it has become a game I can't wait to play.

Anyways, I'm going to go play now while I still can enjoy it.
Seriously. I don't even do the jobs or anything. I just mess around in free roam
In regards to the gifted money, I'll be a little miffed if we're all set back to zero money. So, in the meantime, what I've decided to do is create a second character and filled my garage with 10 Adders. When the money is taken away, presuming they don't also take away anything you've bought with the money, I can sell all 10 Adders and get a nice 6 million dollars or so. (600k per unmodded Adder if I remember correctly). I'd recommend everyone else to try and do the same.

I've also withdrawn a good amount of money from my bank account, assuming they're only going to take out the cash from the bank and not from the cash you have on-hand. I took out a lot so that even if it doesn't get taken away, I'll have enough to still goof about and buy what I want afterwards. Not much hope in being able to keep it, but it's worth trying.
The car thing is genius. I doubt they'll remove stuff you've bought so I'm going to try it out. I don't really need money for now.
I wonder why the fighter jet isn't purchasable...such a hassle getting it lol.
Seriously. I want it really badly.

Tawpgun

Dude come on.

The tank is OP. The only effective way to kill a tank is with another tank, it's terrible design.

Don't give me that bullshit of sniping the hatch or calling a mugger. Shit rarely works and the tank is never still enough for a good shot at the hatch. Rockets should lock on to it.

And the tank should die in 5-6 stickies worth of damage.

jobber

Dude come on.

The tank is OP. The only effective way to kill a tank is with another tank, it's terrible design.

Don't give me that bullshit of sniping the hatch or calling a mugger. Shit rarely works and the tank is never still enough for a good shot at the hatch. Rockets should lock on to it.

call in an airstrike :p

Mistel

Banned
I've had a tank survive 7 gang attacks with no issues.

Another time, it started beeping and emitting black smoke after 1 gang attack + 3 star police.
How strange but AI is ridiculously deadly even with pistols with that aim of their's. I have no about the damage that 3 star police can do but the guys on the chopper probably do the most.

Not in free mode, at least.

They'll lock onto the cops just fine, though. Which is more or less useless in most circumstances.

Yeah that is kinda useless because you can't aim them otherwise.

Flandy

Dude come on.

You can shoot the hatch? I didn't even know that.

How strange but AI is ridiculously deadly even with pistols with that aim of their's. I have no about the damage that 3 star police can do but the guys on the chopper probably do the most.

That's one reason I don't like to do missions. The AI can pick you off from a mile away with a pistol. It's super annoying.

Mistel

Banned
You can shoot the hatch? I didn't even know that.
You'll die before you do it I've tried several times even with a sniper. Air strikes are too slow to be anti tank effective getting in throwing distance isn't easy either unless you go off radar, even then people drive off wasting it.

Mistel

Banned
That's one reason I don't like to do missions. The AI can pick you off from a mile away with a pistol. It's super annoying.
I mean I've poked my head out of cover to be killed by AI pistols from where my sniper is at max range, no reason for them to be that accurate.

E92 M3

Dude come on.

Actually, these days, I see the tank blowing real quick; it's not that OP really.

Tawpgun

Actually, these days, I see the tank blowing real quick; it's not that OP really.

How.

Share your secrets.

How.

I've unloaded the majority of my GL rounds to no avail into those things.

The fact that everyone has now is killing free mode. I see people rolling in Tank Convoys now...

Flandy

nerf that dump truck before you nerf the tank

that shit never dies

You stay away from my dump truck. I'm pretty sure I took it out with a single sticky though
Why is it so expensive? It's pretty much useless. Is it just because it's fucking massive?

jobber

You stay away from my dump truck. I'm pretty sure I took it out with a single sticky though
Why is it so expensive? It's pretty much useless. Is it just because it's fucking massive?

Its a tank without the cannon

E92 M3

How.

Share your secrets.

How.

I've unloaded the majority of my GL rounds to no avail into those things.

The fact that everyone has now is killing free mode. I see people rolling in Tank Convoys now...

I guy off the radar and position myself on a roof or with a Buzzard. Normally, so many people are attacking them that the tank goes down. And Tank Convoys is actually what I always wanted for free roam -- it needs to be chaotic and upredictable. It's what kept me playing all weekend. Subdued and conservative free roam is what made me quit temporarily. Jobs are boring and empty - so there is little reason to play them.

Tawpgun

I guy off the radar and position myself on a roof or with a Buzzard. Normally, so many people are attacking them that the tank goes down. And Tank Convoys is actually what I always wanted for free roam -- it needs to be chaotic and upredictable. It's what kept me playing all weekend. Subdued and conservative free roam is what made me quit temporarily. Jobs are boring and empty - so there is little reason to play them.

You're talking about high jacking them? I've only successfully done that once. Eve. With the off radar.

The problem with the tank is simple. It's too powerful, too easy, and too strong.

Nothing in the players arsenal is strong enough to take it out. You have to rely on a lucky lapse in the tank players judgement or call in your own tank.

Not even the APC from
GTAIV was that powerful

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
By the way, has anyone here tried using airstrikes? I haven't seen a single one in all of my sessions.

Air strikes are fun, but ineffective. There are several problems with them. First, as someone already mentioned, the radius of bombardment is small. Second, you have to call Merryweather to order the airstrike, which takes time. Third, you direct the airstrike by dropping a flare, and you only have a few seconds to drop the flare or the plane will pass over you uneventfully, which means your target must be within throwing distance of you at the time of the call for there to be any chance of being effective. Fourth, the airstrike doesn't completely blanket the area being bombed, so even if a player is within the radius of the strike, he or she may still avoid being killed.

The one time I've actually killed someone with an airstrike was when he was on the edge of a building, and I was at the base of the building. Otherwise it's too easy for your intended target to pick you off or get out of range before you can call in the airstrike. Still, I'm sure it scares lower-level players who don't know such a thing is even available.

Mistel

Banned
For those stockpiling vehicle for resale post money wipe the best one to resale is the Z type for a value of $670000. Also A cargobob can pick up a tank very easily without any issues unlike the dump truck, now I just need a second person so I can see how aim is. Dropping the tank from halfway up that little altitude indicator thing did nothing to it.

Edit: second test at max height onto a flat surface did squat as well, this thing is difficult to destroy.
Far far too difficult.

Chuckl3s

For those stockpiling vehicle for resale post money wipe the best one to resale is the Z type for a value of $670000. Also A cargobob can pick up a tank very easily without any issues unlike the dump truck, now I just need a second person so I can see how aim is. Dropping the tank from halfway up that little altitude indicator thing did nothing to it.

Edit: second test at max height onto a flat surface did squat as well, this thing is difficult to destroy.
Far far too difficult.

Would customizing the z type lower or raise the resale value?

Far far too difficult.

I think your best bet for cargobobbing tanks wouldn't be to drop it from a good elevation, but rather find the closest body of water you can and submerge it, and make sure to hang on to it for as long as you can if it's somewhere miniscule like the park lake by the hipster cafe. Up in the hills, hell, even a mansion's pool could do the trick.

Would customizing the z type lower or raise the resale value?

Customization never decreases value. The whole "opened package clause" evident in real life is thankfully not a game mechanic.

jobber

kill a random person
wait for the ambulance to show up
follow the paramedics as they enter the ambulance
run to the back and climb on top

enjoy

Mistel

Banned
I think your best bet for cargobobbing tanks wouldn't be to drop it from a good elevation, but rather find the closest body of water you can and submerge it, and make sure to hang on to it for as long as you can if it's somewhere miniscule like the park lake by the hipster cafe. Up in the hills, hell, even a mansion's pool could do the trick.

Water is probably easiest method of destroying anything, picking a player occupied tank without your cargobob being destroyed is going to be difficult to achieve.

Tawpgun

What the fuck I think ive been banned from merryweather lol.

I always kill the pilot to use the chopper myself, now when I call merrywheather they say due to my recent actions their revoking my privelages and they may reinstate them at a later date

Flandy

I always kill the pilot to use the chopper myself, now when I call merrywheather they say due to my recent actions their revoking my privelages and they may reinstate them at a later date

I remember the first time I called Merrywheater for a chopper the game glitched and he refused to land even though there was plenty of room :\ Few calls later I killed the pilot and was told I couldn't use them for a while. Why'd I only get one shot? D:

Mistel

Banned

Give it a while and it's fine, sometimes it goes when you join a new lobby other times it takes longer.

jobber

merryweather also bans you if you do a mission to attack them. It's only for 10 minutes tho. you can't call in air support once the mission starts.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So apparently someone made a modded Deathmatch with an UFO, Space Dockers and a Skylift. Should I post a link? Not sure if I can link to it here, even though it's just for fun and you don't get money from it or anything.

Also, this is great.

Mistel

Banned
So apparently someone made a modded Deathmatch with an UFO, Space Dockers and a Skylift. Should I post a link? Not sure if I can link to it here, even though it's just for fun and you don't get money from it or anything.

Also, this is great.

It's not exactly worse than my ID stuff so why not. That looks like fun why don't we do stuff like that?

Metaphoreus

For those stockpiling vehicle for resale post money wipe the best one to resale is the Z type for a value of $670000.

Are you sure about that? I just checked and LSC would only give me $570,000 for a non-modded Z Type. They give $600,000 for a non-modded Adder. (With all of the mods I'm able to add to my Adders, I can get between $706,000 and $713,000 per car, depending on which character I'm using. I lose significantly more than $106,000 to $113,000 to fully mod the Adder, but I figure I'm going to lose that money anyways.)

Also, here's a Deathmatch I put together that's all about how overpowered the tank is. (Caveat: in Deathmatch, the Lazer can lock on to the tank, and presumably the Buzzard can, too. That's not the case in free mode.)

Mistel

Banned
Are you sure about that? I just checked and LSC would only give me $570,000 for a non-modded Z Type. They give $600,000 for a non-modded Adder. (With all of the mods I'm able to add to my Adders, I can get between $706,000 and $713,000 per car, depending on which character I'm using. I lose significantly more than $106,000 to $113,000 to fully mod the Adder, but I figure I'm going to lose that money anyways.)
How strange mine came up as more when I sold the 10 z types compared to 10 adders when both cars were stock I'll check again later though. When was selling of super cars enabled anyway or is it a glitch I can't see it in the patch notes.

Metaphoreus

How strange mine came up as more when I sold the 10 z types compared to 10 adders when both cars were stock I'll check again later though. When was selling of super cars enabled anyway or is it a glitch I can't see it in the patch notes.

I think it was this update:

Players are now able to sell vehicles that they have purchased from websites.

As for the Z Type price, are you on PS3 or 360? That may be the difference. I'm on 360.

Nori Chan

They're going to take the money away? I need to waste all of this money lol.

What should I buy? All of the vehicles from Pegasus and what else?

Flandy

They're going to take the money away? I need to waste all of this money lol.

What should I buy? All of the vehicles from Pegasus and what else?

Buzzard and a TItan. You can have lots of fun with the Titan if you open the hatch and have a friend in there with a car

Top Bottom