• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...kstar-verified-gta-online-jobs.html/#comments

cnFrVdz.png

1380772790_robin-hoodhvshs.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I made 100k doing 12 gang attacks in 1 day but lost 140k upgrading the armor to several cars >_>

Sooo...the apartment I bought will be removed? I'll be a bum on the street.

I'm hoping it's just the raw cash they remove and not the actual stuff you've bought. I don't know that they could even figure out what you've specifically bought via hacked cash in the first place.

By the way, has anyone else toyed with pearlescent finishes on cars? I figured out this awesome purplish / candy red combination for my Vacca by doing Midnight Purple and Garnet Red together.

0_0.jpg

It's also possible to cheat to get some of the cooler colors by messing with Pearlescent shades. For example, Midnight Purple combined with a richer blue can pretty easily make an imitation Spinnaker Purple.

I also had a weird glitch where I had two haircuts at once - my usual mohawk had cornrows underneath it. I actually kinda like it, considering you're near-bald when you have a mohawk otherwise. Before and after shots:

0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

Mistel

Banned
I'm interested, love all this hidden stuff. What's the address for a cargobob?

I've had a blast playing today. I've been grinding Coveted solo to make money to afford an Entity XF for the past few days. I finally got enough saved for the car and some mods at just shy of a million, felt very proud of myself and hopped back into free roam to buy my car. Logged in, purchased it, and as I log out I notice that there's a red blob kinda near me out in the boonies a few miles away. I'm near the airfield so I figure ill steal a heli, go kill the bounty and then head back to my garage to play with the car. When I catch up to the bounty he is trying unsuccessfully to ride a motorbike up mount chiliad and he dies by his own hand shortly before I catch up to him, falling off the mountain. He spawns on a rock on the side of the maintain like of of them goats in the funny pics thread, and it's a simple matter to nip down and slice him up with my heli blades which I duly do with aplomb, getting the message that I'd just collected a $99 million reward shortly afterwards.

FUCK

YES

Spent the last two hours fucking people up with my tank and handing out bounties like poisoned candy. It's been hilarious. This is GTA now.

Actually very glad it happened exactly after I'd finished my grinding, it feels like a cosmic reward. Now roll on the heists, I need something else to do in the game!

The cargo bob ID number is 5 as for dock tease ID number 8 gives you a vehicle that is able to be stored in your garage yeah don't do it seems to have glitched online after purchase same for ID number 9.

ID numbers on dock tease
8 storable car but will glitch
9 same as above
No submarine hidden there :(
As for the removal of the money i'm customizing Z types for some reason they can be sold at LSC so i'm getting $610710 for each one this hopefully will avoid the cash removal if i'I've made it from sales of the cars.

Mistel

Banned
If this is true and I lose my glitched money then Rockstar can kiss my ass.

It is a shame the hacked money made it much more enjoyable but still if it is gone i've got a level 3 character with a tank i'm going ruin multiple peoples days with it. The fact this happens highlights that it is not fun, to grind missions and races to unlock car parts and weapons i'll probably won't play once the money is removed.

EDIT: i'll end up with no money what so ever once it is removed well that's great i've got less that what was given to me. The online report thing seems too prone to abuse for it be considered a viable tool for reporting people.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Looks like we should spend the money while we got it. I got my millions by accident, I don't think we will be punished. As long as I get to keep my legit Entity I'll be ok. The adder is nice but the pearlescent pink paint job I put on it was a bit much...

Mistel

Banned
Looks like we should spend the money while we got it. I got my millions by accident, I don't think we will be punished. As long as I get to keep my legit Entity I'll be ok. The adder is nice but the pearlescent pink paint job I put on it was a bit much...

I've got 2.1 trillion to spend still yeah I'm never going to have that much ever again. I might give online a break for a while though, I don't see myself playing till dlc is released for the game.

Tawpgun

I don't mind them taking away the glitched money if they balance the game accordingly. They built this experience as something your pour a lot of time into, like an MMO. But it is not an MMO and they need to stop building its economy like one.

And include a much bigger bonus for free aim. Advertise it in the game and tell players how to join free aim lobby

E92 M3

Can't believe I spent most of Saturday playing Online - never had that much fun before. All I can say is that with the pools of money every where people are going crazy in free mode and it's amazing. Chaos always happening. Playing jobs gets boring after a half hour and when everyone is worried about money chaos is limited. If R* truly removes all of the money then I will also stop playing.

I feel like the money's made GTAO worth playing if anything - if the economy got fixed to have extra cash output it'd be different, but as-is I'd way rather everyone have access to just about everything and have players going around in titans, tanks, etc. as opposed to the awkward, equipment-less "slapfest" that vanilla GTAO started out as.

jWILL253

Banned
Well, to be honest, I don't know whether to blame R* or TakeTwo, but it's clear that someone at the top is hellbent on pissing in the Wheaties of whoever actually wants to enjoy this game. For the sake of money, no less.

To steer players towards purchasing GTA cash, they neuter the payouts gained from completing Jobs. They then remove any options for grinding (like relaying missions with large payouts and RP gains) other than the slow and tedious method, aka the "normal" method. And now they are happy to remove any and all money glitches that actually allowed players to have fun online, all while increasing the grind for anyone who is willing to earn their money. That last part is even worse when you consider the fact that no one else is actually gonna do any Jobs because the matchmaking is so fucked and the payouts are shit. In fact, if R* succeeds in their future update, it's gonna be a ghost town until Heists are added, but they'll probably find a way to ruin that, too. The fact that Heists still aren't in the game proves that microtransactions always have been a priority for this game, and always will be.

Funny thing is, the people who are handing out the money are hardcore modders. So unless R* plans on changing in-game code and fixing all exploits at the core level (and they aren't), those modders will still be there giving players cash without inquiry. Hell, it's still possible to recreate the LSC glitch, except you now need two people instead of one.

Also, considering how they tend to glance over some things in past updates, they'll probably screw up the future update as well. They'll probably do something like remove all the cash for all the players that haven't actually taken the time to "bank" their cash, but all players with banked cash will be left untouched...

Tawpgun

Melee fights ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
here's a tip

If you get 3+ stars near the docks, you can drive into the Merryweather warehouse with the automatic gate. drive all the way in the back right corner and the helis can't see you. The automatic gate will prevent 98% of the cops from entering the warehouse. Take out the stragglers to get the highest amount of stars

then wait.

After it's over, I wouldn't hang around inside.

The best thing to do when you're bored is to grab a tank and drive to a gang neighborhood. Then start shit for no reason until the cops show up. Them watch as the cops and gang kill each other.

Someone gifted me 110 million but I've probably made a legit 2+ million in the last few weeks from missions. If they just wipe my bank account, I'll be pretty bummed.

Striker

I'd be fine with them removing it. It only encouraged people to amp up on rifle ammo and armor and just parade around killing people (I've seen this common at apartment entrances/garages where they just camp outside waiting on your guy/girl to casually walk out). All while doing so with GTA's terrible walking/running animations and aiming system. If those things were better, I wouldn't mind it - at all. Until that's fixed, PVP in GTA is a shitshow.

I'm curious how much money they'll wipe. I was up to 100K in funds until somebody gifted me $20M.

Mistel

Banned
I'd be fine with them removing it. It only encouraged people to amp up on rifle ammo and armor and just parade around killing people (I've seen this common at apartment entrances/garages where they just camp outside waiting on your guy/girl to casually walk out). All while doing so with GTA's terrible walking/running animations and aiming system. If those things were better, I wouldn't mind it - at all. Until that's fixed, PVP in GTA is a shitshow.

I'm curious how much money they'll wipe. I was up to 100K in funds until somebody gifted me $20M.

The money wipe is pointless the LSC glitch is still able to be performed. I will have nothing once the money wipe is performed, so it will remove my interest to play the trillions I've been gifted I'll never get back again.

Striker

Get what you need now (i.e. cars, heli's, ammo, whatever). Though I'm assuming they can't erase any purchases you've made since getting gifted the huge sum of cash.

The game needs a better matchmaking system for missions/racing. I usually play with just one other player, so most of the time it's just he and I going in the action rather than a full lobby. Overall I like the game, much more fun than GTAIV, but it still has tons of issues.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, to be honest, I don't know whether to blame R* or TakeTwo, but it's clear that someone at the top is hellbent on pissing in the Wheaties of whoever actually wants to enjoy this game. For the sake of money, no less.

To steer players towards purchasing GTA cash, they neuter the payouts gained from completing Jobs. They then remove any options for grinding (like relaying missions with large payouts and RP gains) other than the slow and tedious method, aka the "normal" method. And now they are happy to remove any and all money glitches that actually allowed players to have fun online, all while increasing the grind for anyone who is willing to earn their money. That last part is even worse when you consider the fact that no one else is actually gonna do any Jobs because the matchmaking is so fucked and the payouts are shit. In fact, if R* succeeds in their future update, it's gonna be a ghost town until Heists are added, but they'll probably find a way to ruin that, too. The fact that Heists still aren't in the game proves that microtransactions always have been a priority for this game, and always will be.

Funny thing is, the people who are handing out the money are hardcore modders. So unless R* plans on changing in-game code and fixing all exploits at the core level (and they aren't), those modders will still be there giving players cash without inquiry. Hell, it's still possible to recreate the LSC glitch, except you now need two people instead of one.

Also, considering how they tend to glance over some things in past updates, they'll probably screw up the future update as well. They'll probably do something like remove all the cash for all the players that haven't actually taken the time to "bank" their cash, but all players with banked cash will be left untouched...

I really disagree with your assertion that R* are only trying to fix the economy in order to push IAP, I think it's incredibly mean spirited and paranoid.

My feeling is, fun though it is to have millions to play with in free roam, a large percentage of multi millionaires in the community breaks the carrot/stick progression and the point of continuing to play the game as designed. I had this feeling myself. Now I have all the money and the cars and helis and tanks I want (indeed, I now have enough money to buy everything available in the economy) I actually have no need to play the meat of the GTAO game. The races, missions, deathmatches... what's the point any more? I have all the stuff. Now the most attractive thing for me to do is just be a massive dick in free roam which is fun for me (for a bit), but ultimately makes the game a less fun place to hang out in for everyone else.

I've been playing the game like crazy this week to save up legit for an Entity and mods which I did, doing a healthy mix of all the game's activities and a bit of repetitive grinding out of the Coveted mission which has a decent cash payout, (R* haven't removed the option to keep on running the same missions at all, they actually added it back in). Doing this 'work' kept me a part of the playing community for dozens of hours and it felt good to have earned the car through legit graft. Winning the hacker lottery immediately afterwards was a fun bonus, but it immediately pointed out to me that at this point, the game is 'finished' for me. I've reached the top of the mountain. I would have played for months more to unlock the adder and the tank most likely, but I have them now, why play more?

It's for this reason that R* fixing the economy makes a lot of sense to me. Yes, we might lose some ill gotten toys but R* need to have a reason to keep players actually playing the game they've designed and that game is not just free roam.

YoungOne

For the first time I am gonna agree the modders did make the game more interesting. It's quite a rush to have a over a 9 million dollar bounty on your head running try to survive against the whole room lol.

I don't want rockstar to take the cash everyone having cash actually made the game enjoyable.

Mistel

Banned
For the first time I am gonna agree the modders did make the game more interesting. It's quite a rush to have a over a 9 million dollar bounty on your head running try to survive against the whole room lol.

I don't want rockstar to take the cash everyone having cash actually made the game enjoyable.

The game is much more interesting with hacked money free roam is what I do to have fun not repeat the same missions again and again. Using the URL thing i posted about i've got at tank and I've also brought max ammo for every weapon, I can wreak havoc and have fun but hacked money made this possible not the game itself.

E92 M3

I really disagree with your assertion that R* are only trying to fix the economy in order to push IAP, I think it's incredibly mean spirited and paranoid.

My feeling is, fun though it is to have millions to play with in free roam, a large percentage of multi millionaires in the community breaks the carrot/stick progression and the point of continuing to play the game as designed. I had this feeling myself. Now I have all the money and the cars and helis and tanks I want (indeed, I now have enough money to buy everything available in the economy) I actually have no need to play the meat of the GTAO game. The races, missions, deathmatches... what's the point any more? I have all the stuff. Now the most attractive thing for me to do is just be a massive dick in free roam which is fun for me (for a bit), but ultimately makes the game a less fun place to hang out in for everyone else.

I've been playing the game like crazy this week to save up legit for an Entity and mods which I did, doing a healthy mix of all the game's activities and a bit of repetitive grinding out of the Coveted mission which has a decent cash payout, (R* haven't removed the option to keep on running the same missions at all, they actually added it back in). Doing this 'work' kept me a part of the playing community for dozens of hours and it felt good to have earned the car through legit graft. Winning the hacker lottery immediately afterwards was a fun bonus, but it immediately pointed out to me that at this point, the game is 'finished' for me. I've reached the top of the mountain. I would have played for months more to unlock the adder and the tank most likely, but I have them now, why play more?

It's for this reason that R* fixing the economy makes a lot of sense to me. Yes, we might lose some ill gotten toys but R* need to have a reason to keep players actually playing the game they've designed and that game is not just free roam.

Before the hacked money came into play, I haven't touched Online since the opening month -- I almost hated it. Conserving ammo, not being able to blow up personal vehicles without a huge negative hit, expensive everything, and free mode just consisting of everyone driving around with a little shootout here and there. Now, I see airplanes randomly crashing, tank battles, police shoot outs, experimentation with explosives, and so on. That is what this game should have been from the start. A place to fuck around with and cause chaos. Or at least had it as an option. As initially designed, Online was extremely boring. Ironically, in it's "broken" state, it has become a game I can't wait to play.

The problem (among many issues) is that the progression system in this game is incredibly dull and boring. Grinding takes forever and it's a complete hassle to get a game together for any type of job. I'm lucky if a room has at least 6 people; the lobbies just don't fill up. As I mentioned earlier, R* desperately needed to implement a matchmaking system to keep the games flowing. As it is now, doing jobs feels like a chore. Rooms don't fill up, and the rewards are PITIFUL! Why the fuck do I get 170 RP for losing a deathmatch by one point with the most kills on my team? Winning team got 10 times that. It's a complete horseshit. Same for Capture; the losing team gets essentially nothing for RP. Thankfully I managed to do most of my leveling with Criminal Records (not ashamed), but I doubt I'll go 100 with how slow it is.

Anyways, I'm going to go play now while I still can enjoy it.

jWILL253

Banned

Explain why they keep neutering payouts, then.

Also, having a lot of money still doesn't get you everything in this game. You still need to have certain RP ranks to get everything. The most you can get is a few cars, an apartment, and some specialty vehicles/planes. You still have to gain rank to get anything else (and that's the only place where hacking becomes a problem).

YoungOne

The game is much more interesting with hacked money free roam is what I do to have fun not repeat the same missions again and again. Using the URL thing i posted about i've got at tank and I've also brought max ammo for every weapon, I can wreak havoc and have fun but hacked money made this possible not the game itself.

One of the few games where it being a hacked broken mess makes it enjoyable over the real thing.

Mistel

Banned
One of the few games where it being a hacked broken mess makes it enjoyable over the real thing.

It is a shame that hacking was required to make it enjoyable I found stuff by even basic changes that required not modification using the base game in the shop system, poor management of future content along with current content is appallingly bad see north yankton. This game was designed based on the presence of micro transactions to balance out the lack luster payouts and poor economy management, not as an alternative.

Revven

How the hell did people get to North Yankton, anyway?

Tricking the game into loading North Yankton in the online mode by switching from the single player's prologue (where North Yankton is loaded up) and to the Online portion. It turns out Yankton is off in the distance (away from Los Santos) and is just floating out in the ocean -- similar to a location in one of the earlier GTAs that players found (I forget which one).

In regards to the gifted money, I'll be a little miffed if we're all set back to zero money. So, in the meantime, what I've decided to do is create a second character and filled my garage with 10 Adders. When the money is taken away, presuming they don't also take away anything you've bought with the money, I can sell all 10 Adders and get a nice 6 million dollars or so. (600k per unmodded Adder if I remember correctly). I'd recommend everyone else to try and do the same.

I've also withdrawn a good amount of money from my bank account, assuming they're only going to take out the cash from the bank and not from the cash you have on-hand. I took out a lot so that even if it doesn't get taken away, I'll have enough to still goof about and buy what I want afterwards. Not much hope in being able to keep it, but it's worth trying.

Mistel

Banned
How the hell did people get to North Yankton, anyway?

It was quite easy to do and can be performed post patch with the burying the hatch mission and pre with the prologue basically you start them and a friend invites you to gta online and it spawns in the bottom right hand corner of the map, simple really to do.

It was quite easy to do and can be performed post patch with the burying the hatch mission and pre with the prologue basically you start them and a friend invites you to gta online and it spawns in the bottom right hand corner of the map, simple really to do.

All of the weird "every level is linked to every other level" shit that's going on with GTAV on top of the mountainous exploration is giving me serious Halo 2 vibes.

Mistel

Banned
All of the weird "every level is linked to every other level" shit that's going on with GTAV on top of the mountainous exploration is giving me serious Halo 2 vibes.

Like pottering around delta halo and exploring without being punished for naturally doing so getting into regret was fun or getting a wraith to ping your ghost over that gorge. I assume that the layers are there because of finite space the mountains prevent you from seeing that Los Santos is literally right there in the world space.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
This enables anyone regardless of rank to purchase the vehicle if they have the funds which explains why I found some who was level 33 with a tank, I've got one from testing at 51 opposed to the required level 70.

Well, now I'm in a pickle. On the one hand, I've been grinding to get to level 70 for the last week so I could purchase the tank with all my ill-gotten gains, and I'd like to get it legitimately. On the other, I'm only level 65 and don't want Rockstar to suck out all my money before I have a chance to buy the tank.

Decisions, decisions.

Oh, and well done on figuring that out.

Sidenote: The tank is overpowered. It either needs to be nerfed, or weapons that are actually effective against it need to be made available to players at a lower level than the tank. It requires multiple sticky bombs, or multiple hits with the grenade launcher, or multiple missile hits from a fighter jet or Buzzard, to destroy a tank. The tank, of course, can destroy a person, jet, or helicopter with a single hit (and it is far easier to target any of those with the tank than the tank with any of those).

Sidenote: The tank is overpowered. It either needs to be nerfed, or weapons that are actually effective against it need to be made available to players at a lower level than the tank. It requires multiple sticky bombs, or multiple hits with the grenade launcher, or multiple missile hits from a fighter jet or Buzzard, to destroy a tank. The tank, of course, can destroy a person, jet, or helicopter with a single hit (and it is far easier to target any of those with the tank than the tank with any of those).

I think the damage resistance against AI like cops is fine as-is, but yeah, they definitely need to ramp up the damage players can do to it. Maybe make it extremely weak to fire, giving jerry cans a little extra usage? Coordinated effort with players could let you set up fire trails in the direction the tank's heading to tear up the treads, etc.

Mistel

Banned
Well, now I'm in a pickle. On the one hand, I've been grinding to get to level 70 for the last week so I could purchase the tank with all my ill-gotten gains, and I'd like to get it legitimately. On the other, I'm only level 65 and don't want Rockstar to suck out all my money before I have a chance to buy the tank.

Decisions, decisions.

Oh, and well done on figuring that out.

Buy the tank you know you want too, I've got one on my level 3 experiential one and my level 51 one. It is incredibly overpowered although crashing a jet into it seems to work sometimes but, that might have been luck i'll try with a titan soon.

Metaphoreus

Buy the tank you know you want too, I've got one on my level 3 experiential one and my level 51 one.

Nah, I'll get it the proper way. However, I have decided to invest as much of my money as possible in Adders--I now have 18 between my two characters. Hopefully Rockstar just takes away the money, not the stuff bought with the money. In that case, I'll be able to make about $13m back from selling the Adders, which is more than sufficient.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Nah, I'll get it the proper way. However, I have decided to invest as much of my money as possible in Adders--I now have 18 between my two characters. Hopefully Rockstar just takes away the money, not the stuff bought with the money. In that case, I'll be able to make about $13m back from selling the Adders, which is more than sufficient.

How can you sell the adders? It wouldn't let me sell my unspellable sports car (carbonizzahhhfuckit) because its worth more than 50k. Have you tested selling one yet?

How can you sell the adders? It wouldn't let me sell my unspellable sports car (carbonizzahhhfuckit) because its worth more than 50k. Have you tested selling one yet?

I don't think it's a system-wide thing, some cars are just weird with regards to resells. For example, my unmodified Vacca could sell for a little over 100K, while my Cheetah had no prompt whatsoever. That being said, my Vacca was purchased with microtransaction money, so maybe they allow you to do that as a courtesy in the event that you're not happy with your real-life purchases?

Metaphoreus

I think they removed that limit with one of the updates. Have you tried selling your Carbonizarrisimonicon lately? (I'm on 360, btw, though I don't think that'd make a difference.)

Mistel

Banned
I'm going to rank up my spare till I can purchase property and fill a ten car garage with adders should give me more than enough.

Tested.how.easy it is to kill the tank is 10 stickies to kill, 15 or so grenades to kill. My plane idea must have been luck I couldn't replicate it. This was all done with a unoccupied tank, a player occupied tank will fight back and kill you before you could make a dent.

Wolfe

Slashes cannot be manually added by the player you can only do it by changing the numerical ID in the address bar.

Could you explain this a little better? It won't let me change a part of the address as it wipes the whole thing and brings up the keyboard anytime I click on it.

Mistel

Banned
Could you explain this a little better? It won't let me change a part of the address as it wipes the whole thing and brings up the keyboard anytime I click on it.

Should I just post how to do it in this thread? I mean the OP says it shouldn't be discussed but that's limiting to conversations by not discussing a feature of the game. I mean I've already posted about the vehicles I found with the method so why should others be limited in searching for stuff?

Mistel

Banned
------ Posts regarding "money glitching", "car duplication for purpose of selling", cheats (not in offical RS appointed ones), glitching to make money is not allowed. If you are looking for a way to do this. Consult another forum/youtube etc.... ------

This says nothing about the URL thing isn't exploiting anything realistically, apart from level restriction removal. Anyone interested in a complete list of found stuff from the ID searches I've done?

Mistel

Banned
Go for it.
Here you go a collection of the stuff I've found
ID numbers on southern san Andreas super autos
6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are sports and super cars same description as the other site lacking numbers and names only

ID numbers on dock tease
8 storable car but will glitch has jetski description
9 same as above

ID numbers for Warstock and cache
5 cargobob hidden but able to purchase
24 8 person vehicle
23 11 person vehicle
21 10 person vehicle
20 6 person vehicle
17 8 person vehicle
Attempts to purchase anything other that the cargobob result in an error message saying you cannot store this vehicle.

I wonder why the fighter jet isn't purchasable...such a hassle getting it lol.

Probably for balance reasons, though it could always be intended as freeLC in the future. Maybe their plan was to allow people to level up naturally, and once everyone was in a certain position of power they'd slowly roll out some crazy vehicles like the Lazer so that the game didn't start off with people buying fighter jets and annihilating newcomers right off the bat.

Top Bottom