• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Simo

Damn, I thought that the 5th was the deadline to get/buy them.

Yeah the loading screen ingame explains they remove everything.

Camera is improved too! Just noticed it. You can add borders and effects along with toggling the depth of field.

About time I guess.

Chuckl3s

You can pretty go into any lobby at the moment and find a $bn bounty. It's ridiculous.

I was gifted another $300m today. I have absolutely no use for it.

I was gifted a lot last night but don't have much use for it since I'm not a high RP. Which kinda sucks. I guess the money would be a worry free and now I can just focus on increasing my skill.

rataplein

my issue with the game is that i'm a terrible at money management. i ussually do a couple of a missions and then spend it all on armor and bullets. (and explosives).

so i can't even upgrade my weapons.

i hope ill get some money soon.

also i got the "cornrow texture under every hair cut glitch". it's annoying!.

I love GTA:O but I do think the way R* do combat is just wrong from the ground up, which renders any PvP modes kinda pointless. I think it's funny when the hardcore online players wish for more free aim, they're obviously selling games to a lot more than us. And as mentioned above, the whole way they handle enemy ai and their deadly aim skews towards auto aim, but auto aim ruins PvP. It's fucked. They should just have it set that you auto aim ai, and free aim for online players. It seems such an easy solution, I don't know why they would do otherwise.

Agreed...

I am pretty much the opposite of a hardcore player, and free aim is not just for "hard-core players" it's for anybody who wants to have fun with any of these modes. The multiplayer gameplay is completely fucked without free aim be default or at least toggle-able in the lobby... and it was this way with GTAIV, and RDR, and now GTAV. But, with GTAIV you could toggle it in the lobby. In RDR it was auto-aim but not as bad because the guns were single-shooting guns.

In GTAV, though, the new capture mode is horrible for the single reason that there is an auto-aim. Driving in a car is a death sentence in all of online, but especially capture mode. The level design means that you have to take a vehicle (usually) to get a package... So you hop in a car and drive from your base to the opponents base. As soon as you get close, you get shot through the window because your opponent wisely just holds Left Trigger until their gun's lock onto something and they then fire till it's dead.

So, maybe you change it up ... you jump out of your car far enough away from where the auto lock on happens, and you walk from the car... Similarly, as son as you are within lock on distance, your opponent (wisely) locks onto you and you die.

90% of Capture modes are a grind, 1 - 0 or 0 - 0 or 1 - 1 because of this reason. You spawn, you drive from Point A to Point B, you jump out of your car, and you die... and you are asked to repeat this for 15 minutes. I'd rather a team score 3 quick captures because a guy avoids fire in free aim, than how it is now, where it's 0 to 0 because auto lock on.

Rockstar, ugh.

Theecliff

Banned
Still no hacked money yet for me saw a hacked bounty but they where hiding in their house.
Funny thing was I was on a server with a guy with a hacked bounty (they had $98,000 on their head), left it and joined a random one and ended up in a money hacked server.

-

I know it seems a bit silly to ask, but am I in risk of getting banned because of this? I didn't exactly mean to stumble into a hacked server.

jono51

Banned
Made a christmas coca-cola car (trolol):

0_0.jpg

Sailing on the Yacht is pretty fun. More people should try it out with the new money floating around. Some guy actually hopped in the cokemobile when I was driving around and then got on my yacht when I drove to it, but he bailed out when I called an airstrike on the pier. Didn't get a shot with him :(.

0_0.jpg

Also got gifted another 300m to add the the 2b pile. I think ~7/10 lobbies I went in today had a hacker placing bounties for at least some period of time.

Mistel

Banned
Funny thing was I was on a server with a guy with a hacked bounty (they had $98,000 on their head), left it and joined a random one and ended up in a money hacked server.

-

I know it seems a bit silly to ask, but am I in risk of getting banned because of this? I didn't exactly mean to stumble into a hacked server.

No you won't get banned but that kind of a minefield really those who share might i'm not sure.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I wish someone would give me some money, I'm currently saving for a super car and its taking a while. Up to 330k saved now, and I already have an upgraded car of every class and a decent apartment. Wish I had saved up earlier and got the super out of the way... Currently grinding Coveted because its easily soloable with a good payout. Anyone else know of a good mission I can run to get some cash?

Mistel

Banned
I wish someone would give me some money, I'm currently saving for a super car and its taking a while. Up to 330k saved now, and I already have an upgraded car of every class and a decent apartment. Wish I had saved up earlier and got the super out of the way... Currently grinding Coveted because its easily soloable with a good payout. Anyone else know of a good mission I can run to get some cash?

Base invaders is a good mission its given out by Ron quite easy and a decent payout. As for myself someone gave me $31477400 in cash i'm no longer poor yay.

Tawpgun

Haha got in a pretty sweet duel with this one dude. We went 5-6 and said gg to each other and left.

He was being a little bitch though. Auto shotty/explosives/hide radar Only got one legitimate carbine kill on me

Flandy

Snow is fucking awesome. Makes driving and flying a lot harder though.
Someone gave me 49 million :D

Are ever going to get stocks online? I'd like to invest my money in stocks :p

E92 M3

Tawpgun

Yeah I see the hackers as almost like vigilante justice against how crap the progression system was in tbis game. And the microtransactions.

If this comes to next gen they need to revamp the entire system.

Tone down god mode aim on AI or have autoaim for npc's and free aim against human players. Forced.

Found this article on Kotaku (and a sreencap of NeoGAF featuring Stormtrooper and I):
http://kotaku.com/players-say-rampant-money-glitching-and-hacking-are-ru-1489184673

Would you be in favor to do a global reset of GTA Online to get rid of hacked money (and now hacked XP) for everyone playing?

Considering inflation isn't a game mechanic, I think the hackers breathed new life into the game if anything. I just got around ten billion the other night and it's like a whole new game for me now that I'm not constantly out of cash.

I mean hell, when it's easier to make money in real life than in a crime simulator, you know something's up.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah I see the hackers as almost like vigilante justice against how crap the progression system was in tbis game. And the microtransactions.

If this comes to next gen they need to revamp the entire system.

Tone down god mode aim on AI or have autoaim for npc's and free aim against human players. Forced.

An entire rework would persuade me to purchase again but the focus on micro transactions to balance out the lack of economy, and frankly speaking the AI aim needed's to be turned down especially for solo play.

rataplein

guys, my friend received a lot money from a random user.

i'm so poor that i want a part of it. how do you share that amount of money?. or the giving lots of money it's part of the hack?.

thanks.

Mistel

Banned
guys, my friend received a lot money from a random user.

i'm so poor that i want a part of it. how do you share that amount of money?. or the giving lots of money it's part of the hack?.

thanks.

It's in the interaction menu which is accessed by holding back or select and its in there i think in the cash section of the inventory, best do it in small amounts though less suspicious then than large sums at once. Or your friend could mod cars for you and you insure them.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
It's in the interaction menu which is accessed by holding back or select and its in there i think in the cash section of the inventory, best do it in small amounts though less suspicious then than large sums at once. Or your friend could mod cars for you and you insure them.

yeah the best way to give people money without hacking is to get your friend to pull a car off the street, mod it without putting a tracker on it and then leave it outside for you to sell.

depending on how many cars mods you've unlocked it can turn into about $120k a go.

Mistel

Banned
yeah the best way to give people money without hacking is to get your friend to pull a car off the street, mod it without putting a tracker on it and then leave it outside for you to sell.

depending on how many cars mods you've unlocked it can turn into about $120k a go.

To expand on this further the greater number of mods available the greater return price cars like the Sandking and the Dominator, can with the right mods easily push 100K just fill your garage with those and money shouldn't be an issue

Flandy

I think the "Give Money" option in the select menu has only worked for me once. Pretty much every other time it has said something along the lines of "You are unable to give money at this time" Anyone know why this happens?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I think the "Give Money" option in the select menu has only worked for me once. Pretty much every other time it has said something along the lines of "You are unable to give money at this time" Anyone know why this happens?

they took it out in the first patch I think because modders were giving everyone money

as you can see it fixed everything and everyone bought cash cards instead

rataplein

thanks guys, ill try the modding car stuff.

also, the tanks (lots of them now) are too fucking powerful!. i ussually steal a jet from fort zancudo, but it's useless against tanks. same with sticky bombs... hope they fix that.

Mistel

Banned
thanks guys, ill try the modding car stuff.

also, the tanks (lots of them now) are too fucking powerful!. i ussually steal a jet from fort zancudo, but it's useless against tanks. same with sticky bombs... hope they fix that.

Balance as well as economy is a mess, I've seen someone who gave themselves a tank at lv 33 then kill me a couple of times, nothing a player can do against tanks until they get heavy weapons at 60 and 100 but by then its not worth bothering to kill it when you can change lobbies.

Tawpgun

They should absolutely nerf tanks. They need to die within like 5 grenade rounds/stickies (5 is the max stickes you can throw before detonating) and maybe like 3 RPG rounds.

jWILL253

Banned
So, after I started playing a little more heavily, I ended up with over $1.5 billion in GTA cash completely on accident. But, it actually made the game infinitely more fun.

If they ever fix matchmaking and auto-aim in PvP, this would be a perfect game for me...

Flandy

RIP Snow

December 25th 2013-December 25th 2013

They could have at least made it last more than one day...

I just off right now. Was still snowing but I was in the same server for a while. Guessing it won't be snowing anymore :c

Today I discovered how much fun it is to mess around with a friend using a Titan. Open the back hatch and your friend in a vehicle back there. Just see how far/high you can make it :lol

Top Bottom