• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Lol, this guy destroyed my Cargobob with his Buzzard, so I shot him out of it. I walked over to the edge of the building to snipe someone, and his Buzzard landed on me and exploded.

Is there a trick to picking up vehicles with the Cargobob? It's really hard to control, and I always end up missing.

Missed the challenges fun, haven't encountered the sugar daddies either. Just me and my current $1.7M... But at least that isn't frustrating me like crazy as over the last couple weeks how easily a lot of people seem to be able to kill me while in the level 90s while I can't manage to do the same to them. It's like they're on assisted aim while I'm in free aim with how precise and efficient they are regardless of distance. Had someone even kill me with the assault shotgun at a range that should have rendered it nearly useless. >_< Don't know if they're just no life level of good at getting head shots or what but it's frustrating as fuck watching me put several rounds into them and not falling or taking me out while I only get a couple shots off. It's like that health boost you supposedly get every 20 levels isn't working for me and strength really has no impact in damage absorbing online either. It's almost mouse aiming precision level of ridiculousness with a PS3 controller. Or a lot of people are using Frag FX or Eagle Eye.

Tawpgun

Some dude blasts me in a tank. Kills me once again off spawn, I kill him with some nade launcher rounds, he calls me mad. Starts targeting me with his car a sticky nades until I shotgun him and he calls me a pussy for using the auto shotty
residentsleeper.png

Some dude blasts me in a tank. Kills me once again off spawn, I kill him with some nade launcher rounds, he calls me mad. Starts targeting me with his car a sticky nades until I shotgun him and he calls me a pussy for using the auto shotty
residentsleeper.png
Save these kinda posts for your Lifehacker account. :p

Tawpgun

Save these kinda posts for your Lifehacker account. :p

GTA story time is the best. I went on this big chase beause I had a 1000 bounty on me.

There was someone and his friend with a 5k bounty in Paleto Bay. So I take a stunt plane over Mt. Chiliad and jump out. I freefall for a bit, pull the chute, and glide toward the two players with my AP pistol drawn.

I take out the bounty guy and then his friend while still parachuting, By far the most badass bounty I've ever gotten. Then I was running around everywhere trying to avoid getting caught

Flandy

I'm getting random helicopter spawns at the airport which is annoying me because I want the Buzzard and not w/e the game decides it wants to spawn. There was nobody around the area. Is this a change they made or perhaps a glitch?

GTA story time is the best. I went on this big chase beause I had a 1000 bounty on me.

There was someone and his friend with a 5k bounty in Paleto Bay. So I take a stunt plane over Mt. Chiliad and jump out. I freefall for a bit, pull the chute, and glide toward the two players with my AP pistol drawn.

I take out the bounty guy and then his friend while still parachuting, By far the most badass bounty I've ever gotten. Then I was running around everywhere trying to avoid getting caught
That's more like it. I had something similar happen, but I got caught on some telephone polls on the way down and it went from epic to fail in a matter of seconds.

Huh, I had a similar idea. I have two complaints about the Content Creator when it comes to races: (1) The required minimum length is just too long; they should either shorten it or permit you to set a required minimum number of laps to increase the length. I've had some cool race ideas that just couldn't feasibly reach the .62 mile threshold (or whatever it is). (2) The checkpoints should respect differences in height. If you try building a race in a parking garage, you can't put one checkpoint on a higher floor directly above another checkpoint on a lower floor. There's no reason for that, and it makes creating a race through a parking garage tricky.

Agreed on both accounts. So I THINK... if you go to the race details menu in the CC, and set it to 3 laps or more, then it counts that as distance. I haven't tried it, but after being frustrated creating that race and being frustrated with the checkpoint markers, I realized you could just add more laps.

With the garage, could you possibly place the check points while in the free roam / movement camera, or that doesn't work too?

What's this about a gas trick? People have become increasingly brazen about blowing up my car, and I'd love to have a way to get back at them without having to pay--especially the jackasses who blow up my car but don't have any money, and so contribute nothing to replacing it. I hate paying $5,503 to get my car back because some jerk threw a grenade at my car with only $2 on him.

EDIT: I should note that I don't intentionally destroy anybody's car unless they've done it first to me--and even then, only in rare circumstances. It's just a dick move.

Gas trick is tough to pull. Douse a car in gas and then ignite it by using the backfire from your car. It takes a fair amount of time to setup.

Tawpgun

So.... is it verified that we wont face any punishment if we recieve millions of dollars through bounty...

Currently sitting on 250 mill...

Tawpgun

Why doesn't anyone ever give me millions? D:

Was a funny story actually.

I did a random mission with this dude. We did it well. We both got dropped off on a random mountain, I had a car, he didn't. He wasn't shooting so I let him get in. We go to a waypoint he set. It's one of his friends. We dicked around with no mic until he invites me to a party with 2 of his friends.

We do some missions and free mode fun. They invite me to their crew. We then go into a free mode lobby with someone with a billion dollar bounty. EVERYONE is around this dudes apartment.

One of the kids I just met gets into the bounties XBL party and pisses him off. The bounty guy gets mad and sets a billion dollar bounty on this new kid I just met.

We agree that we're going to split the bounty in a private lobby.

So we do.

Goes to show you you shouldn't shoot everyone on sight :)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone been messing with the Content Creator beta? I just tried it this morning and all day I've been thinking of nothing but creating some content!

Share any races and things on here, and if people get a chance to rate, we'll up-vote good stuff for the GAF cause.

Anyone been messing with the Content Creator beta? I just tried it this morning and all day I've been thinking of nothing but creating some content!

Share any races and things on here, and if people get a chance to rate, we'll up-vote good stuff for the GAF cause.

Made this one after the tutorial:

http://rsg.ms/1c9p9Rb

Call it "The Ultimate Velodrome," a race on the slanted roof of the Maze Bank arena.

Another guy in this thread made a similar one.

I love the content creator, it's pretty awesome and very forward thinking. I really hope they open it up to more play types soon, but that might not ever happen. If they could release Capture mode within a month or two and then immediately make that available, I'd have a blast with it. There are so many locations that would be awesome in a capture the flag mode.

KalBalboa

Banned
Wow, some guy online gave me 100 million dollars. I guess I don't have to worry about running out of money any time soon.

This happened to me too tonight along with my friend... I wonder what's going on.

Either way, I bought a sports car and attack helicopter. I then upgraded every vehicle I owned to max specs.

bud23

Grand Theft Auto V 1.08 Patch Notes
&#8226; Increased cash payouts for losing teams in Last Team standing and Team Deathmatch.
&#8226; Increased cash payouts for Races, Deathmatches, and Last Team Standing, especially in games with 8 or more players
&#8226; Increased the cash and RP rewards for Races with multiple laps.
&#8226; Cash payouts for Parachuting now take points scored into account.
&#8226; Improved spawning for Deathmatches where the spawn points were previously very far apart.
&#8226; Improved support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian in the Creator.
&#8226; Calling the mechanic now shows you if a vehicle on the list is destroyed or impounded.
&#8226; Team balancing does a better job of putting friends and crew members together.
&#8226; BETA Crew Head to Head matches are now available to play. To initiate a Crew Head to Head, you'll need to create a Playlist that does not contain Vehicle Deathmatches, Survivals or any Jobs that require more than 2 teams. From there, go into My Playlists and you'll see a prompt for Head to Head (BETA). This will launch the lobby and you'll be able to invite other players from your Crew, Friend's Crews or Skill Matched Crews.
&#8226; Player blips no longer remain red on Missions when the player has a Bounty.
&#8226; Players who end a Race as DNF are now awarded cash relevant to the amount of checkpoints they passed through during the course of the Race.
&#8226; Players who race solo now earn cash. Previously, zero cash was awarded for a solo race.
&#8226; Last Team Standing, Capture and Missions are separated out in the Create Playlist menu.
&#8226; Small deduction to the amount of cash the winners of Races, Parachuting and Last Team Standing matches receive in order to increase payouts for all other participants.
&#8226; Masks are now removed during Races where a helmet is required and are also removed by default when a player uses the Smoking animation.
&#8226; The Purchase All Ammo option now charges the full value of filling all player held weapons with ammo.
&#8226; Fixes an issue where GTA Online players could reach North Yankton.
&#8226; Fixes a rare issue where characters could be lost if the player attempted to join GTA Online when disconnected from the Network.
&#8226; Fixes for various duplicate vehicle exploits.
&#8226; Fixes issues when using the Character Select from inside the Creator.
&#8226; Fixes issues with ammo vanishing after testing a Deathmatch in the Creator.
&#8226; Fixes exploits of the Fastest Lap bonus.
&#8226; Glasses from the Beach Bum update now appear in the inventory menu.
&#8226; Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating. Stupid decision, shame on you, Rockstar.
&#8226; Bad Sport timers now read properly and show the correct time left in the Bad Sport lobby instead of &#8220;00d00h00m&#8221;.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200535668

Mistel

Banned
The tank is already hard to destroy with the lack heavy weapons, the grenade launcher should be available earlier.

Did see some driving a merry weather mesa in the style of a Jurassic park jeep that was cool.

Not bad. Anyone from GAF St still around that wants to do Crew Head to Head?
I'd love to take part in this, I'm on PS3. My schedule is wonky this time of year, but that's only for about another week. I know a few others that would likely be down for this. PS3 crew.

Been in the crew since near the beginning, came up from the alt crew about 2-3 weeks in, but I have yet to see a large scale, planned Gaf GTA event where we have a FULL crew server. Seeing the amount of hype to get in the crew, it's disappointing D:

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Agreed on both accounts. So I THINK... if you go to the race details menu in the CC, and set it to 3 laps or more, then it counts that as distance. I haven't tried it, but after being frustrated creating that race and being frustrated with the checkpoint markers, I realized you could just add more laps.

With the garage, could you possibly place the check points while in the free roam / movement camera, or that doesn't work too?

I'll have to try the 3+ laps thing when I get home. And the checkpoint-placement mode doesn't affect the inability to place checkpoints on higher floors directly above a checkpoint on a lower floor. Though, now that I think about it, I haven't tried placing a checkpoint on a lower floor directly beneath one on a higher floor. So maybe that would work.

Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating.

Eh, without more details on what this is, I can't say I'm happy or upset about it. Obviously if some jerk is following a player in a tank around and trying to drive directly in front of a shell not fired at that jerk, the tank player shouldn't be penalized for that. But I don't think I've met a player in a tank yet that didn't destroy every personal vehicle he came across. Rockstar definitely needs to add more ways to destroy the tank, though (or easier ways--for instance, if you place a sticky bomb on the road and detonate it as the tank drives over it, the tank is destroyed with one hit).

• Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating. Stupid decision, shame on you, Rockstar.

Disagree with thinking it's stupid.

This is preventing people from driving their car into a tank to make it purposely explode, and thus giving a tank driver bad sport. This "flaw" in the tank made it almost unuseable.

batbeg

I made an asshole underground motorcycle race should anyone wish to try. Really sad to see even after angling the checkpoints that in the race they simply point to the next checkpoint, since I tried angling them as direction markers, so I need to fix that for sure.
Underground Chaos

Mik2121

Came back to play GTAOnline a bit after two months almost without touching it... the new update(s?) are great, and the level editor is so awesome. I'm surprised this thread only has 3 pages... :S

Ugh... GTA. So I go to play a capture mode with 3 teams, which I dont even get... there's not enough players for 2 teams let alone three... but whatever. So I start up capture, it's 3 vs. 3 vs. 3. One guy drops off my team so it's now 4 vs. 3 vs. 2. The other guy drops off my team at the last second so it's 4 vs. 4 vs. 1. The mode launched.

Why the hell does GTA allow this? Like who ever thought that this was a good idea?

Also. Auto aim just sucks in these modes. All the game is is just a test of seeing who can hold down LT first. It's just so stupid.

I just dont get R*'s decisions with this. GTAIV and RDR were the same goddam thing with auto aim... Like... Why make a multiplayer mode with auto aim? I just din't get it at all. All you do is run around and hold down LT and you win or lose based on who held LT first. What's the point? It makes driving cars MEANINGLESS in the game because anybody on foot has an advantage over anybody in the car.

I just... I just don't get it. Who sits in a meeting and says "Yeah... autoaim... this is what our game needs... make sure that whoever kills someone else does so in the most arbitrary, meaningless way possible"

-edit-

Just played a half hour of this capture mode. it sucks. It's not fun. Rockstar doesn't know how to make multiplayer games.

I was doing Chemical Extraction solo/hard (its actually a lot of fun once you figure it out) and finally got it beat after a few failed attempts. I just bought an Entity XF and was broke as shit. Get back into the free roam and...100 million dollars hanging out in my bank. Wtf. Was it gifted from a modder? Will I get in trouble for speading this money?

jono51

Banned
So much goddamn hacked money in this game now, lol.

Join a lobby, 2 bil.

Kill a bounty, 2 bil.

That guy driving that Prius? He has 2 bil.

That lvl4 robbing a convenience store? Just got gifted 2 bil.

I finished a mission last night and killed a bounty, got 2bil. Sent a ticket to R* but am expecting no human response until new year (understandable). In fact, I expect to be fully reset of all my levels since they don't have a handle on the situation, and will inevitably mess up when they try and wipe the cash. At least the new players will get some nice gifts from dem modders on christmas day, lol.

I did try out the one of the new capture modes, its pretty fun, but yet again it has terrible rewards. Lost a match and got like $500. OK I guess? That paid for my armor and nothing else. GG. Pretty certain I wouldn't be able to fire my gun if it weren't for all the money "issues" going around.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Came back to play GTAOnline a bit after two months almost without touching it... the new update(s?) are great, and the level editor is so awesome. I'm surprised this thread only has 3 pages... :S

Yeah me too :) Been playing a lot the past few days and loving it. I love how 'Join mission' will actually have you join a co-op mission, this game is now perfect to me, that was all I wanted. Just burning through high level co-op missions, having a blast, saving for my car. I wish I could meet some of those money gifters...

I did too. Logged back in and saw -$500,000. Guess there was a limited time to get that stimulus package or whatever it was. I got a little sad and quit.

I've been playing the past couple weeks and I've slowly made money. I sold cars and did missions until I could afford a six-car garage, now I stock pile five $9000 Gallvater Ballers that i can sell the mod shop every in-game day.

So I guess I'm doing okay in terms of the grind. But I aint sure how long I can go before becoming annoyed with lack of methods of bigger payjobs.

Top Bottom