• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I don't even care about ranking up anymore.

I bought a tank and use it on low level missions just to fuck around. The Lost explode when they try to run their bike head on into the tank.

The biggest thing I've done is exploited the hell out of destinating sticky bombs while when you're in your apartment.

I'm trying to get 4-5 stars then looking out the window to see the cops freaking out.

Another question about Pegasus:

What happen when you buy again a Pegasus vehicule that you already have bought in the past?

Can you buy 2 times the same vehicule/helicopter?

Mistel

Banned
How do you use Pegasus vehicles during missions? Can you just get them delivered?

They deliver them to helipads or airfields no directly to you you have to collect it

Another question about Pegasus:

What happen when you buy again a Pegasus vehicule that you already have bought in the past?

Can you buy 2 times the same vehicule/helicopter?

It doesn't let you I think I can't get another speeder boat so I assume it's the same as helicopters.

Tawpgun

Can't find any capture games.

Im searching in free aim servers.

Fuck auto aim. WHy do people play it it makes zero sense to me.

Well I'm proud I lasted almost three whole months of GTA Online. Most people couldn't do that.

Great campaign but holy shit is the online terrible. They literally tried to make it as unfun as possible. Try to goof around killing each other or messing around with vehicles? Super cops come (or spawn directly in front of you) and kill you easily. And then guess what? Your car gets impounded every fucking time. Need a ride to go get your impounded car? Sorry, can't steal one or the cops are back on you again.

Just take the fucking cops out of the online part or don't let them get involved if you're just messing around with other players. Boosting NPC vehicles or killing NPCs, ok bring on the cops. But they just get so annoying and in the way. Running from them got old after the first few times.

Because they suck at aiming. I gave up on free aim rooms because nobody is ever in them. So I have to join the auto aims so I can play with the last remaining people who can actually stand this game.

Mistel

Banned
Super cops come (or spawn directly in front of you) and kill you easily. And then guess what? Your car gets impounded every fucking time. Need a ride to go get your impounded car? Sorry, can't steal one or the cops are back on you again.

Just take the fucking cops out of the online part or don't let them get involved if you're just messing around with other players. Boosting NPC vehicles or killing NPCs, ok bring on the cops. But they just get so annoying and in the way. Running from them got old after the first few times.

The worst thing with the cops is if someone in the vicinity had a wanted level all those cops come after you. So you can kill a bounty and get swarmed by cops.

Why give people tanks in free roam especially in mixed lobbies where few people can stop it :(

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to try that capture mode thing. Joined a game, spent about 20 minutes in free roam where these guys were putting enormous bounties on each other and having a tank battle which was pretty funny.

then someone gave me $100m. I still have it after 24 hours so I just bought everything. every plane, boat, car. everything.

Anyway, I don't know what was happening in that room but I went back into my garage and it was just raining random cars.

This picture doesn't really do it justice because cars were just spawning in and disappearing (I guess it was a memory thing)

bWauIUO.jpg

this game is such a mess

Mastah

So I left my car on the airfield near Sandy Shores and hid behind rocks in Passive Mode. When I returned my Cheetah was gone, destroyed by other player and I have to pay to get it back? Fucking bullshit :/

Also, why other players can steal my car, while I can't do the same? I just don't understand it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So I left my car on the airfield near Sandy Shores and hid behind rocks in Passive Mode. When I returned my Cheetah was gone, destroyed by other player and I have to pay to get it back? Fucking bullshit :/

Also, why other players can steal my car, while I can't do the same? I just don't understand it.

If you hold the back button and get the menu up there's an option in there about vehicle access. If you set it to crew or no-one it will prevent others getting in and taking it.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Has anyone else been getting absurd amounts of money today? Between two separate sessions (on 360), I made roughly $3 billion (yes, "billion" with a "b"). About $300,000,000 was given to me outright. The rest was gleaned from collecting massive bounties (probably about $1bn per bounty, but the game didn't reflect the bounty correctly until collected and then shared with my brothers). Given that there were two sessions in which this happened, I was wondering if it's becoming more common--perhaps so much so that Rockstar is going to take action against it?

EDIT: Also, at this point, what's the best course of action for me to take? Do I try to spend as much as possible? Do I try to spend as little as possible? Do I contact Rockstar, or not? Anyone have experience with this?

Mistel

Banned
Has anyone else been getting absurd amounts of money today? Between two separate sessions (on 360), I made roughly $3 billion (yes, "billion" with a "b"). About $300,000,000 was given to me outright. The rest was gleaned from collecting massive bounties (probably about $1bn per bounty, but the game didn't reflect the bounty correctly until collected and then shared with my brothers). Given that there were two sessions in which this happened, I was wondering if it's becoming more common--perhaps so much so that Rockstar is going to take action against it?

EDIT: Also, at this point, what's the best course of action for me to take? Do I try to spend as much as possible? Do I try to spend as little as possible? Do I contact Rockstar, or not? Anyone have experience with this?

Give it to me please i can't afford bullets :(. As, for the money I dont think anything will happen to it, I remember reading that someone got 973 million, from and they did nothing

From what I heard, people receiving large amounts of money won't be banned, but people sharing large amounts of money will be banned.

And another warning, even people sharing large amounts of money without hacking (like sharing the money from a bounty) can be banned.

I think Rockstar have put an engine that search and detect transfert of large amounts of money and these people who did them will be auto-banned when found.

Mistel

Banned
From what I heard, people receiving large amounts of money won't be banned, but people sharing large amounts of money will be banned.

And another warning, even people sharing large amounts of money without hacking (like sharing the money from a bounty) can be banned.

I think Rockstar have put an engine that search and detect transfert of large amounts of money and these people who did them will be auto-banned when found.

Here's an image if a ticket response that says nothing will happen to those with the money.
SEJAuZI.png

Banned for sharing large sums of cash seems harsh especially since how poor economy control is. I understand that it's not legitimate money but still it's a game feature (money laundering is the only reason I can think of).

Looking on the bright side at least there is no inflation in online.

If my GTAO dude can wear a shitty christmas sweater, I'll be a happy man. Oh, and I had an amazing time earlier today. I met an e-friend in a lobby and this dude named Apollo something kept killing us, and he eventually called in his tank and started wrecking house up by the Vinewood sign. Only problem is that it's hard to hit stuff point-blank, and I actually managed to hijack it and drive it down the hills into the city. It climaxed with him coming after me in virtually every car he could call in and me hitting a five-star wanted level running down the high way to Zancudo. There were points with blockades so thick that my screen was just a fireball for a while.

If anyone wants to romp around im Tawpgun on the 360.

Free aim or bust

Me being an annoying little shit aside, I frequent free aim lobbies and I'm always looking for more people to GTAV with. We can probably figure something out since I won't be working for like a week and a half after tomorrow.

Mistel

Banned
Me being an annoying little shit aside, I frequent free aim lobbies and I'm always looking for more people to GTAV with. We can probably figure something out since I won't be working for like a week and a half after tomorrow.

I can play with you i'm not that bad but a little overzealous with the trigger as I forget about lack of a shield. Just friend request me my gamer tag is deadly bl0ss0m i'm free most of the time.

Someone crashed a titan on top of me whilst I was on my bike, I was in the city near that really tall tower i'm surprised they managed it.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more

Hrm... that doesn't sound good. Like I said, my brothers and I split the money we could (the money gained by eliminating a bounty). Oh well, I guess we'll just wait and see what happens. Thanks for the responses.

I've been playing the past couple weeks and I've slowly made money. I sold cars and did missions until I could afford a six-car garage, now I stock pile five $9000 Gallvater Ballers that i can sell the mod shop every in-game day.

So I guess I'm doing okay in terms of the grind. But I aint sure how long I can go before becoming annoyed with lack of methods of bigger payjobs.
Nicely done, I have one slot in my garage that has a 9.5k car to sell if I can't find any on the streets. But what you're doing? Exactly the best way to easily get money between bigger missions, what I've been doing since day 1 and it works swimmingly.

The high ranking jobs start giving out 13-18 k, so there is that, too. I did one last night a few times called Exotic Imports (I think?), and that was giving out a little over 15k. Was reliatively easy, and not too long to complete. New stuff should be dropping in a few weeks, so there is that to look forward to.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I saw that heists were mid January in one update they published on the main site, but my memory is hazy. I know more DLC is coming out then, but not sure if the heists were planned to be included or not..

So, will we get a name change for the thread? ;)

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Santa Claus Is Coming to Town!
Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Santa Claus Is Coming to Los Santos!

Or something else playing with the words Santa Claus and Los Santos!

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Welcome to Los Santos, Santa Claus!
Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Welcome to Los Santa Claus!

Can't find any capture games.

Im searching in free aim servers.

Two reasons:
- It's the default, and changing it requires going into Single Player mode, changing your settings, and relaunching multiplayer

- In any PvE missions, free aim is just impossible. In online, the AI controlled opponents have pinpoint accuracy from long distances with any weapon, they know where you are, and they have no intelligence.... They're just psychic murder drones. So if you want to play any of the in game misions, you have to have autoaim.

It's just remarkably stupid that the host can't set auto-aim as off in a mode. And it's also stupid that you can't "Search" for a game and that there's no match making ... It just doesn't make any sense. The capture modes I've played so far are usually like 1 - 0 or 1 - 1 ties or 0 - 0... People naturally play defensively after the first 60 seconds, and then every match is just "drive to enemy base. get out of car. Die. Respawn, repeat." Or, maybe "drive to enemy base. Get out of car. Kill 1 enemy. Die. Respawn. Repeat."

DireStr8s

To me the question is why dont free aim players play anything other than missions & free roam?

Next time I hope rockstar nixes free aim. Every game since GTA 4 gives me an existential crisis. Nobody complained about Crackdown or Warhawk's sticky aim. That way I dont feel like a chump just because I want populated playlists.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I love GTA:O but I do think the way R* do combat is just wrong from the ground up, which renders any PvP modes kinda pointless. I think it's funny when the hardcore online players wish for more free aim, they're obviously selling games to a lot more than us. And as mentioned above, the whole way they handle enemy ai and their deadly aim skews towards auto aim, but auto aim ruins PvP. It's fucked. They should just have it set that you auto aim ai, and free aim for online players. It seems such an easy solution, I don't know why they would do otherwise.

IMO the game could do with some more vehicular modes. A multi vehicle race type would be cool, or some variation on GTA Race and objective types, but with the emphasis more on chasing than drawn out gun battles. GTA is all about chases for me, out driving opponents and crazy routes.

Still having a lot of fun with the game after coming back to it, the missions are still super fun and the community is surprisingly imaginative and skillful at times, missions can play out spectacularly with the right group of randoms. Often more than they're just bumbling idiots. Although the popularity for hard mode mystifies me. This game is hard as shit, losing all your armor in one hit is so cheap.

Tawpgun

To me the question is why dont free aim players play anything other than missions & free roam?

Next time I hope rockstar nixes free aim. Every game since GTA 4 gives me an existential crisis. Nobody complained about Crackdown or Warhawk's sticky aim. That way I dont feel like a chump just because I want populated playlists.

dude what.

Other way around.

Nix auto aim.

Mastah

gtaonline_holiday.gif

Right now, you'll find special limited-time, holiday-themed items in the clothing shops and at Vespucci Movie Masks like Santa hats, Elf jackets and shoes, Snowman masks, Reindeer antlers and more. All these items are available to don until January 5th.

Travelers to Los Santos and Blaine County in GTA Online now through Christmas Day will also be greeted by a the very rare sight of a San Andreas snowfall, making for (even more) hazardous driving conditions.

and bunch of other stuff:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52011/grand-theft-auto-online-holiday-gifts.html

Simo

Same thing happened to my buddy last night. He got in a lobby where he thought a guy had a $2 Million bounty on his head so he went after and killed him. Turned out it was a $2 Billion bounty.

So when we all got on he shared the wealth and thankfully the game became a lot more fun to play.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Same thing happened to my buddy last night. He got in a lobby where he thought a guy had a $2 Million bounty on his head so he went after and killed him. Turned out it was a $2 Billion bounty.

So when we all got on he shared the wealth and thankfully the game became a lot more fun to play.

You can pretty go into any lobby at the moment and find a $bn bounty. It's ridiculous.

I was gifted another $300m today. I have absolutely no use for it.

Top Bottom