• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

AmyS

Too much E3 news to possibly keep up with everything. We were lucky enough to see gameplay footage of Bloodborne today.

Has there been any more footage of Grand Theft Auto V aside from the trailer or is there likely to be any before E3 is over?

Or at least an interview with Rockstar ?

Cincaid

Not sure if news, but the Steam store page is up. You can't pre-order yet, and it just says "Fall 2014" for now. Also, which I hope will be changed, there aren't any Steam achievements for the game according to its store page.

I've got a hunch it'll release at the one year anniversary of its original release. That puts it in September and approximately 4 months post Watch Dogs.

WzEb3hq.jpg

Lol, shots fired

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure if news, but the Steam store page is up. You can't pre-order yet, and it just says "Fall 2014" for now. Also, which I hope will be changed, there aren't any Steam achievements for the game according to its store page.

I'll be surprised if the game isn't Steamworks with Social Club slapped on top. Following the release of Max Payne 3, R* began selling Steam keys for its games everywhere save for GamersGate, plus GameShield is completely ineffective at preventing pre-release leaks.

Cincaid

I'll be surprised if the game isn't Steamworks with Social Club slapped on top. Following the release of Max Payne 3, R* began selling Steam keys for its games everywhere save for GamersGate.

Yeah, the store page is probably just under construction. And I don't mind Social Club, it's fun to see your stats and stuff online. :)

JaseC

Haha, completely missed this.

That's fan-made. Some mod abuse is needed, I think, because it keeps coming up.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not recommending that the post be deleted, just for some clarification to be edited in.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Why isn't the release date still not announced? Rockstar are just taking their fans on granted now, seriously this is what I feel like right now. Before everyone was begging for a PC version and they kept all the secrecy and I get that, but now also not sharing the date. Common guys. How much begging you want us to do.

Why isn't the release date still not announced? Rockstar are just taking their fans on granted now, seriously this is what I feel like right now. Before everyone was begging for a PC version and they kept all the secrecy and I get that, but now also not sharing the date. Common guys. How much begging you want us to do.

You must be new to R*. This is their style of marketing.

Raptomex

How do these games control on mouse & kb any better than on console? I've yet to play a GTA on PC.
Flying is a pain in the dick using mouse & kb. If you want to "walk" that may require a separate button, not sure, since the characters are usually jogging/running everywhere. Same with cruising. I usually just use a controller. It's the shooting that would be more accurate with a mouse I suppose.

Hip Hop

Yeah. It's even more annoying when we know it's not really that far off with only 6 months in the year left.

Amazon did however have a date of October 28 right after it went live on the page. They've removed it though.

Raptomex

I REALLY want to know the specs. I may take another week off for this. I did for the initial launch, why not do it again? I need to use my vacation days anyway. But I need a new video card and I was waiting for this to come to PC so I can get one. I want to be above and beyond.

Armaly

I'm excited for the PC version. Hope they port Multi Theft Auto to it one day. Would be fun to go copping with friends. How do you guys think a 560ti 448 will handle this? I'm thinking about upgrading within the next 1-2 years.

All new content and gameplay created and released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online including new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available in Grand Theft Auto Online for PC. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation®4, Xbox One or PC.

From the Steam page.

Flying is a pain in the dick using mouse & kb. If you want to "walk" that may require a separate button, not sure, since the characters are usually jogging/running everywhere. Same with cruising. I usually just use a controller. It's the shooting that would be more accurate with a mouse I suppose.

Well that sucks. It's the shooting that I hate most playing Rockstar games on consoles and figured a mouse would remedy that.

Gangxxter

Another advantage of using a mouse is that you can nicely look around while driving, much better than with a controller.

Flying is indeed very hard and not fun with keyboard+mouse. Usually when I'm flying I only use the keyboard and don't use the mouse at all, it works better than flying with a mouse. In GTA Vice City and San Andreas this works quite well, but in GTA IV it's damn frustrating and doesn't work remotely as good as in VC/SA.

Besides flying, GTA works great with keyboard+mouse.

Looking at the Steam page I'm pleased to see that Rockstar North is the developer of this port, yeah! The GTA IV port by Rockstar Toronto was horrible.

AmyS

So I plan on building a new PC at year end. What would be the perfect PC for a game in this magnitude.

I don't know, but for me personally, I am waiting to see what Nvidia announces regarding their 20nm Maxwell GPUs, and full hardware support for the DirectX12 API coming in 2015.

http://techreport.com/news/26210/directx-12-will-also-add-new-features-for-next-gen-gpus

That has nothing to do with whatever the recommended specs might be for PC GTAV, but it wouldn't make sense, for me anyway, to build a new PC this fall with a current Nvidia Kepler-based GTX 7xx card and miss the boat on a faster, more efficient 20nm midrange Maxwell card, early next year, that should probably have full hardware support for DX12 and perhaps save me money in the long run.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon's delivery estimate for my GTA 5 on ps4 pre order is Oct 30th. So maybe it's launching on the 28th?

Amazon's internal catalog system requires that a date be given. So if they don't have an official one, they input an approximate one and update when they are notified of the official date.

So that date may not be accurate.

Amazon's delivery estimate for my GTA 5 on ps4 pre order is Oct 30th. So maybe it's launching on the 28th?

It'd be funny, no games want to compete with CoD so they get crammed into October only to have GTAV launch alongside them. Wonder if this will lead to more delays, sure it's a port from a year old game, but I feel GTAV is going to do big numbers again.

Kings fan

It will instantly become the best game on PS4 (not that hard just look at the library) unless Destiny lives up to the hype (which I hope it does).

GTA V on PS3 was so much fun and more of a next gen experience than anything out now on the PS4 in my opinion (ignoring graphics of course). The trailer looked epic as hell and unlike Ubisoft we can expect that type of quality from the final product unlike Watch Dogs which doesn't play nearly as well as the e3 demos portrayed it to be.

lefantome

You know Rockstar, it may be delayed

JaseC

Did Rockstar announce any dlc bundled with this? And still no date when it's coming out...strange.

No, and that may be why there's no concrete date just yet. There is this on the Steam page, though:

All new content and gameplay created and released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online including new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available in Grand Theft Auto Online for PC. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation®4, Xbox One or PC.

Derp

From the Steam page.
To me it just seems like all that means is it'll include all DLC that've been available since launch (as in, the updates that added new content like cars and clothes and guns). I don't think they're going to add new stuff. "All new content and gameplay created and released since the launch, including blah blah blah". Depends how they've used the word "including". By "including" do they mean "as well as"?

Top Bottom