• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Corpekata

Banned
Given the Steam store debuted a day after the press release I'd wager it's just a little more detailed and those will be present on all platforms. I mean arguably some of that list could possibly be too demanding for consoles but it'd be weird to include something like new wildlife in there.

ekim

From R* site

From steam

It seems that "upgraded AI, new wildlife, and advanced weather and damage effects" are only for PC? or did they leave it out of the press release by accident

Nope:
Switch between the interconnected lives of Michael, Trevor and Franklin as they embark on a series of heists across Los Santos and Blaine County in the biggest, deepest and richest open world experience yet, with game world enhancements that include new wildlife, upgraded weather and damage effects, and an array of new details to discover.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...Auto-V-Coming-this-Fall-to-PlayStation-4-Xbox

Nethaniah

From R* site

From steam

It seems that "upgraded AI, new wildlife, and advanced weather and damage effects" are only for PC? or did they leave it out of the press release by accident

That would be a bit odd if those things are only in the pc version, i do hope that in the pc version that they add a slider for the traffic and not just ''traffics increased, deal with it.''.

Dabanton

Is there a small chance this game to be released before the months containing the letter "R" in them?
July/August?

It would be ideal mid august. I hope no later than September.

That's a bigger improvement than i initially thought, wow.

It's a massive improvement. I think GTAV in it's current PS360 guise looks stunning, but what they show in the trailer is mindblowing.

I can't wait to re-explore. Los Santos is such a technical marvel.

Thoraxes

FWIW (you don't have to believe me if you do not want to; I did), a friend of a friend who works as a tester with Nvidia has been telling me about the PC version since last July, so i'd assume they've been working pretty closely with them to make a nicely optimized version for the PC this time around.

Hopefully it ends up being the case.

woen

This was already one of the best looking open-world games, this will be... just wow.
I'm scared to see how good it will look on a high-end PC compared to the PS4.
I hope they fixed the "same car everywhere in the area" issue with the huge RAM capacity.

Love the depth of field btw

Matush

there's a fucking cat in the trailer!!! When franklin is cleaning his car, at his left you can see a cat up in the wall. Rockstar is too OCD jesus christ
In the same scene there is also a new type of dog that wasn't in GTA V IIRC. Double dip for sure.

MJLord

I wonder if we're going to see any more of this? Apart from 10 seconds worth of snap footage that's almost all we've seen.

Yeah I noticed that it seems that other NPC's can have pets as well now.

Random stuff like this, the improved density, and wildlife additions make me want to double dip and I didn't even think the game was that great. I'd just like to experience what those do to the open world. Can't justify buying it at full price when I'm already looking at like 10 new games between Sept-Dec, but I'll try to get it on the cheap just to gawk for a few hours.

Sande

So the best games of 2014 are going to be Last of Us and GTAV. Alright then.

Have they said anything about framerate? The main reason I sold my copy of GTAV was the low framerate, especially while driving. If it isn't 60fps, I might not double-dip.

goonergaz

Random stuff like this, the improved density, and wildlife additions make me want to double dip and I didn't even think the game was that great. I'd just like to experience what those do to the open world. Can't justify buying it at full price when I'm already looking at like 10 new games between Sept-Dec, but I'll try to get it on the cheap just to gawk for a few hours.

I just hope it's not all added at the expense of a locked 30fps on PS4

Gangxxter

Lol, in the last-gen version Los Santos looks like a ghost town. Hopefully Rockstar isn't bullshitting us again and the next-gen version looks exactly like in the trailer. The trailers for the last-gen version looked all so much better than the final game.

FWIW (you don't have to believe me if you do not want to; I did), a friend of a friend who works as a tester with Nvidia has been telling me about the PC version since last July, so i'd assume they've been working pretty closely with them to make a nicely optimized version for the PC this time around.

Hopefully it ends up being the case.
I believe you. In one of the AMD beta drivers was also a GTA V profile included some months ago.

I got excited when I first heard the announcement, but really I'm not in a rush to replay GTA V, and since I found the online mode to be completely disappointing and lackluster, I'm not really excited to comeback to that either. A complete overhaul to the online mode, a significant amount of additional content, or 60 fps might entice me to buy GTA V again (all of those thing combined would make it a sure purchase from me though), otherwise I'm fine on passing on this; my backlog is too big, and too many games are coming out for me to revisit something I beat recently.

Has anyone put much thought into the graphically improved strip clubs?

2508911-5128235499-jack-.gif

Artex

Banned
So the best games of 2014 are going to be Last of Us and GTAV. Alright then.

Have they said anything about framerate? The main reason I sold my copy of GTAV was the low framerate, especially while driving. If it isn't 60fps, I might not double-dip.
Personally I'm expecting a locked 30, which is bueno.

Yep, the gamersyde trailer looks awesome.Yes indeed.

Competing with Rockstar in the open-world space just seems like one of the hardest challenges any dev can be up against right now. Especially when it's in a modern setting. They're really head and shoulders above everyone else.

boeso

That new grass/foliage looks great! Should make the hunting a bit more interesting.

I would also love a harpoon to take on sharks and some sort of catamaran I can live on and also gills. So Water World mode please.

offshore

That comparison video is great. Like was mentioned earlier in the the thread, traffic.gif is so good. It really looks impressive.

screenshot2014-06-12avhs9m.png

Hip Hop

I really hate replaying the campaign in games, but this will be a treat to playthrough once again with all the new stuff.

UrbanRats

imNF20d5IEM45.gif

That comparison video is great. Like was mentioned earlier in the the thread, traffic.gif is so good. It really looks impressive.

screenshot2014-06-12avhs9m.png

To be fair, there were moments on GTAV where the traffic was really dense, so the shot on the left isn't representative of the max load the game had.

Denton

Seeing that comparison video I am so god damn happy I held out and didn't borrow the console version. It will be wonderful experiencing this glory for the first time in this state on PC.

Top Bottom