• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

It will be a bit of a shame if this isn't 1080p/60fps on next gen, i mean i thought that would of kind of been the whole point about doing a next gen version, kind of like with the Halo's and TLOU.
I remember the discussions about this on here last year and it seemed that the main reason people wanted a next gen version was so w could play it at 1080p/60fps which obviously the last gen machines couldn't hit.

Framerate is just one box to tick. There are a lot of other boxes to tick to get a great end result.

I personally hoped for a next gen/pc version because i was sick of the inconsistent and at times bad texture quality, all those streaming and lod problems, the bad anti aliasing solution, the limited draw distance, the sub-30fps, the cars cloning... and not to just play the 360/ps3 version with 60 frames.

Nzyme32

Yeah, probably, the ps4 isn't that powerful dude.

I don't know man. I see things like Arkham Knight and think, ok the PS4 will probably have to make some compromises, but with GTA V it doesn't seem as demanding.

It would also be a bit of a laughing matter for them to be lauding 1080p 60fps all the time, and then miss that target with what most would perceive as a "last-gen game" even though such a naming convention would be redundant anyway, as that is completely dependant on what they have added or improved upon.

They'd have mentioned a higher frame rate if it was happening.

Fair point

So do we know what GTAV PC will be attached to e.g. Steam ?

Seems a bit silly to make something available for pre-order without letting us know what DRM it comes with.

avaya

GTA really is the king of open-world. Everything else is so utterly lifeless, tasteless and lacking in originality it's embarrassing. Couldn't play more than an hour of this on PS3, given the shitty framerate. Will get on PC or PS4.

UrbanRats

It remains a boring game no matter how many mods you throw at it. Other than that, I'm not impressed with the visuals of the graphics mod either. I have it installed. When you're just playing the game like you're supposed to instead of recording it in a cinematic way to show off, it is not impressive. Coming from vanilla, it still looks the same game with a different skin, brighter, more contrast and colorful. Also very poor performance on high end systems. I was more impressed with the PS3 version of GTA V being able to output those graphics than my icenhanced IV.

Yeah, but i never claimed that a graphical mod made the game more fun to play, so i don't understand where that was coming from.

I also disagree that it doesn't look impressive, ENB tweaked a little bit was among the best looking games i've played, but i'm not here to change your mind on that, so if you didn't like it, i'm fine with it. :p

The poor performance were due to GTAIV though, not ENB, which is what i was talking about, again.

reminder

I hope it's not just a graphics/resolution improvement and that they add shit to do..

In single player mode..

Like.. Police missions.. It would be awesome taking sides.. Either help the criminals and evade stars to get a money bonus and some side mission fun.. Or help the cops take down the criminals and get no stars.. And maybe a no wanted phone call to Lester or whatever

Ambulance missions, dragging bleeding bodies to the ambulance or performing CPR, similar to the yoga controls or something.. Then driving them to the hospital.. And maybe throw in a twist sometimes, have rival gang members coming after the ambulance to finish the job.. And you have to stop them and save the guy for a boost or bonus of some sort.

Mini games.. Now with current gen, you should be able to play with Michael's sons fake xbox system..
Fill up those empty basketball courts.. And let us play, even if it's a simple game of H.O.R.S.E
Add access to the outdoor and indoor gyms(if any) so we could add "strength" or "speed"..
Cockpit view is a must, and it was hinted in the trailer.. So I'm hoping they implement that.
Add more access to indoor places
Add gas so we'd have to fill up our cars when running low.. Okay that last one's a little ambitious but you get where I'm going.. Don't just make this a simple money grabbing port.

We will buy your shit regardless, just add more than just beauty and foliage, which we appreciate.

Now, someone send this to take two or rockstar lol

Wow, those are some expectations. I think you'll be very disappointed if you're really expecting all of this. ;)

Personally i'd be happy with much more customization options for the characters, especially hairstyles and beards.

charsace

I see this being 1080p 30fps on both consoles. It will get some upgrades, but Rockstar isn't going significantly up the poly counts or anything like that. The game already looks great.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Why is everybody underestimating the resolution and or frame rates? There was a bunch of talk about TLOU being the most demanding ps3 game and there was little to no chance of it being 1080p 60fps on PS4. Considering they are working with much more powerful consoles,(and more than likely developing this port quietly in the background) I'm pretty sure 1080p 30fps is the least they could even offer.

mike4001_

Why is everybody underestimating the resolution and or frame rates? There was a bunch of talk about TLOU being the most demanding ps3 game and there was little to no chance of it being 1080p 60fps on PS4. Considering they are working with much more powerful consoles,(and more than likely developing this port quietly in the background) I'm pretty sure 1080p 30fps is the least they could even offer.

Open world is always more demanding.

Watchdogs with all the life inside it did not even get 1080/30 ...

I highly doubt GTA will get 60 fps ...

Certinty

I would be VERY surprised if The Last of Us is more demanding than GTA V. There's absolutely no way I can see this being 1080/60 though, Rockstar are adding a lot more into the game than just updating it visually.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I would be VERY surprised if The Last of Us is more demanding than GTA V. There's absolutely no way I can see this being 1080/60 though, Rockstar are adding a lot more into the game than just updating it visually.
Oh for sure it looks better past the increase in resolution / fps, but they are going from ~512mb of ram to ~5.5gb, not including the increase in processing power, I doubt the the improvements will get in the way of them at least hitting 1080p with 30 fps locked . After all, Rockstar just like Naughty Dog is no slouch in tapping into console power.

Magwik

Banned
Wow look at all of these people who seem to know so much on game development, resolution, and framerate! Thanks for enlightening me! /s

Seriously guys, get over it and just wait.

Certinty

Just from a very short trailer it's insane to see some of the little things Rockstar have added. CVG are amazing with GTA V o clock, I think they pretty much nailed it when they said that this is the version of GTA V Rockstar always intended for. Looking at some of the older screenshots before the game was even released it's got me thinking that this might have very well been built for current-gen then downgraded to run on last-gen consoles.

Think i am going to pre order this on Zavvi as there is a 10% off promotion going on at the moment

Does anyone know when they take payment if i use a debit card to pay, will it be now or when it has been dispatched?

Amir0x

Banned
Just from a very short trailer it's insane to see some of the little things Rockstar have added. CVG are amazing with GTA V o clock, I think they pretty much nailed it when they said that this is the version of GTA V Rockstar always intended for. Looking at some of the older screenshots before the game was even released it's got me thinking that this might have very well been built for current-gen then downgraded to run on last-gen consoles.

I am so glad I sold my PS3 version after a few hours. I could barely play it anyway with the horrendous image quality and atrocious framerate, but the way the game is now... fuck yes. PC version, come to me <3

Certinty

My hope is that it's released with new Dlc content. It's been almost a year. Did The Last and the Damned take so long?
10 months from IV's release.

I'm actually quite interested to see how Rockstar will release the DLC, I reckon it will come included but if they play this smart they could time potentially keep the DLC exclusive for a while on the PS4/XO/PC to give those PS3/360 owners of the game more reason to get this version as well.

I'm actually quite interested to see how Rockstar will release the DLC, I reckon it will come included but if they play this smart they could time potentially keep the DLC exclusive for a while on the PS4/XO/PC to give those PS3/360 owners of the game more reason to get this version as well.

That would be scummy as fuck.

It will be a bit of a shame if this isn't 1080p/60fps on next gen, i mean i thought that would of kind of been the whole point about doing a next gen version, kind of like with the Halo's and TLOU.
I remember the discussions about this on here last year and it seemed that the main reason people wanted a next gen version was so w could play it at 1080p/60fps which obviously the last gen machines couldn't hit.

You can't have as many performance tricks in GTA compared to those games.

I'm surprised anyone would even want their single player save file.

The best thing about this is playing through it fresh with all the new enhancements.

Yeah lol who the heck wants to keep their single player save files ? It's all about enjoying it all again just with smooth ass framerate and prettier graphics!

Did a ton of Mixed Up With Coke & Violent Duct. We tried Base Invaders, but it was far more difficult! Never really got to farm Rooftop Rumble though!

Rooftop Rumble unlocks at lvl 70 or 75. But it is still great to play for big RP gains. Still has a decent payout too.

As for the "exclusive features" I heard about for PS4. I'm sure it won't be anything huge. Maybe just some integration with the touch pad or the build in speaker. Possibly import music if you have a sub to the Sony music service.

Nzyme32

Almost a certainty. Take 2 and Rockstar are really going for the money. Watch. The game is going to be price at the fullest price, around £60 on consoles and on Steam maybe £45, because they know they will get sales no matter what. The DLC will be seperate and there will likely be a few of them. And I'd guess a "game of the year" version with all the dlc only when the games sales are dropping.

That's about the only gaming I've done for the last half year... Rolling around the Grand Senora Desert or East Los Santos immersed in the glaring sun of sand dunes and the creaks of oil derricks, full gerry beard Trevor.

Bearded CEO of Trevor Phillips Industries.

And, this was the only thing I wanted to see this week.

Top Bottom