• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Alienous

I've just started playing as Trevor. Question about his intro -
did he really just kill Johnny from The Lost and the Damned?!

I actually felt something during that.

Johnny couldn't lead the gang. As much as he thought he could, he couldn't. He takes his gang to the Blaine County, and becomes addicted to crystal meth. Even when you see him, he's skinnier and looks less healthy. And he's pathetic. He leads his gang into extinction, gets himself killed, then Terry and Clay (seemingly) soon after. It makes you look at the actions you take in The Lost and Damned differently; what place did Johnny have challenging the authority of his leader?

I'm just waiting for
Tony Prince to make an appearance. Hopefully. Eh, maybe not. I'll probably be told Luis died taking a shit.

Raven77

I just realized that I've made every character look like someone from The Office. Franklin looks like Darryl and Michael looks like Ricky Gervais. Trevor just looks like the mad scientist from Back to the Future with his new hair cut.

LilZippa

I had a weird bug last night. I went home with Micheal and his wife walked out the front door followed by two more of his wife. Then a stream of nearly 10. I thought there was a way to take in game pictures, but couldn't figure it out. I should have taken a snap shot with my phone. I got a laugh out of it, but it was very strange.

Chris R

My copy of the game is finally in my home town... Of course I had it shipped to my workplace to avoid it not being delivered because I wasn't home so it has until 5 PM tomorrow to get to me or I'm without the game all weekend long :(

How many people have you guys crashed into that have died behind the wheel?

I forget if that was in 4 or not but the sick bastard in me think its an excellent touch,

While flying the passenger jet one of the engines sucked in a bird (or something) and it caught on fire. I made an emergency landing at the airforce base and was climbing into the jet fighter cockpit as a sniper round connected with my dome. Sooo close.
No way. That's awesome

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The knife in V is so much better than the knife in IV. The sprinting stab attack just feels brutal.

The level of detail is so good. Car got smashed by a train and flipped down a cliff into the highway. I get out and there's blood on my arms and a cut and blood on my face.

Once I had quite a bit of health and a guy came up to me and stabbed me just once and I died instantly. The knife is deadly.

Yes. You also get to see
Packie
in a random encounter.

Johnny couldn't lead the gang. As much as he thought he could, he couldn't. He takes his gang to the Blaine County, and become addicted to crystal meth. Even when you see him, he's skinnier and looks less healthy. And he's pathetic. He leads his gang into extinction, gets himself killed, then Terry and Clay (seemingly) soon after.

I'm just waiting for
Tony Prince to make an appearance. Hopefully. Eh, maybe not. I'll probably be told Luis died taking a shit.

That's horrible. I liked Johnny when playing TLatD, and was holding out that maybe he was still alive, but just in a really bad state. Fuck Trevor, I hate him already.

No way. That's awesome
There is actually more to it. The plane had two engines. The bird took out the right one. I was flying towards a mountain at the time and with only the left engine still operable I pulled back hard to gain altitude, which appeared to stress the engine so much that it started to smoke. I barely avoided a stall and then saw the Air Force base runway in the distance. I turned the plane and was flying slowly with the 1 smoking engine barely running... then it fucking gave out, but I was close enough to the runway to glide in for a clean landing.

I was really hoping that since my plane was crippled, and it truly was an emergency landing, that the Air Force base would not give me instant 5 stars... but that was not the case.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
On my way to go hunting, I stumble on a drug deal gone bad. One of the dying drug dealers tells me "they took the money down the hill homes". I go down the hill, shoot the unsuspecting thug and recovery a suitcase with 25k- GTA V

One time, Some dude got his bicycle stolen. I drove down the bicycle, ran over him, took the bike back.

Couple hours later, get an email, dude had a business, gave me $100k worth of stock in his company. I waited and waited, to see if the stock would go up, and it barely did, so I cashed it out.

Derrick01

Banned
ONLY NINE HOLES??????? I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

Yeah I hope they add more golf courses to at least the Online portion of the game as time goes on. There's a LOT of space in this game, much of it in the countryside.

I think they only had 9 because it's an actual golf course that takes up room in the city. It's not some instanced area that exists in a vacuum where space is infinite. Like I said when you're playing you can see everything still going on in the city outside of the fences.

sdornan

One time, Some dude got his bicycle stolen. I drove down the bicycle, ran over him, took the bike back.

Couple hours later, get an email, dude had a business, gave me $100k worth of stock in his company. I waited and waited, to see if the stock would go up, and it barely did, so I cashed it out.
Heh, I've seen this event mentioned so many times now.

Yeah I hope they add more golf courses to at least the Online portion of the game as time goes on. There's a LOT of space in this game, much of it in the countryside.

I think they only had 9 because it's an actual golf course that takes up room in the city. It's not some instanced area that exists in a vacuum where space is infinite. Like I said when you're playing you can see everything still going on in the city outside of the fences.
This game is the first time I've seen you talk more about a game's positives than negatives.

FStop7

Banned
Michael legalize pot freak mission

That mission is BULLSHIT. I can't kill those aliens anywhere near fast enough to stay alive and I have no idea how long it's supposed to go on for.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
They are wobbly. it's like jello(the best thing i can think of). You can't fly one in a straight line. The controls ate abysmal compared to GTA4.

So you simply dislike the controls because they're a bit more challenging? I like it, flying a helicopter shouldn't be as easy as driving a car. And it's not like it's all that difficult anyway, you just have to get a feeling for how to get it to go where you want. For me personally it clicked almost instantly, had no real issues with the flight school missions nor when flying one later in the game. The most difficult part of probably landing it, which takes some delicate input.

The Lamp

I can't keep track of all the new information they introduce to me. I don't remember how to use or get Chop, I don't remember some of the controls like locking on to people to melee or diving off of piers, they just flash this info at me and expect me to remember it forever but there are so many things to keep track of. Is there like something in game that lets me see all of this?

Kikarian

The cops are kinda bothersome :|

I only killed two people and they're already on my ass. Really hard to shake them off
Really?

I thought they made it much easier for you to shake them off. It feels as though they get alerted much easier but with that, you are able to get away from them easier.

I just find an alley and hide there until they stop the search.

Really?

I thought they made it much easier for you to shake them off. It feels as though they get alerted much easier but with that, you are able to get away from them easier.

I just find a alley and hide there until they stop the search.

Showing which direction they are looking is very helpful.

D23

omg funniest thing just happened

it was one of those random side quest, some couples was super drunk and needed a ride back to their motel

i couldnt stop laughing
when they have sex in the back of the car while you driving them to their motel, the car was bouncing up and down

Unicorn

I'm kind of disappointed how easy it is to drive to the top of Chiliad. In SA you pretty much had to take the dirt path up. But here I can use a dune buggy and scale up the side like nothing. Diminishes the value of the height and the accomplishment of scaling it. In SA it took like 8 minutes to drive up.

Anyone else fee that way?

Grisby

Been having such a weird love/hate relationship with this game. Do the yoga mission, which was awesome, followed by a Trevor mission that felt like work, not fun.

Sometimes it's cool driving around the city but then you get stuck on a unbreakable lamp post (1 street racing mission is enough for me).

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Honestly, I could do without Trevor. I'm not sure how it gets later but I just got to the point of unlocking him and I've yet to see the point.

Team Franklin and Mike.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone else find the radio a bit... boring?

I think there's way too many stations. I would've preferred a better mix of music from a single station than having so many choices.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Heh, I've seen this event mentioned so many times now.

This game is the first time I've seen you talk more about a game's positives than negatives.

Guess that's what I get for playing the game while the topic keeps going. I haven't read 98% of this topic :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why is this game so fucking good?

Really?

I just find an alley and hide there until they stop the search.

I'm finding it a lot harder, too. Especially the mission for the first heist where you have to
hijack the van with the gas
. It took me several tries and 30 minutes of driving to evade those assholes in that slow-ass van. I get how evasion works in theory, but it's kind of hard in missions where you're stuck with a slow vehicle and the cops are on you like glue. I eventually managed to evade them by driving up some stairs into an outdoors mall-esque area where they couldn't follow. If they had a helicopter I can't think of any conceivable way I could have lost them.

hayguyz

Banned

Johnny couldn't lead the gang. As much as he thought he could, he couldn't. He takes his gang to the Blaine County, and becomes addicted to crystal meth. Even when you see him, he's skinnier and looks less healthy. And he's pathetic. He leads his gang into extinction, gets himself killed, then Terry and Clay (seemingly) soon after. It makes you look at the actions you take in The Lost and Damned differently; what place did Johnny have challenging the authority of his leader?

From some dialogue after that mission, I took that
Blaine County Lost is a different chapter and Johnny traveled over there, not that he led the Liberty City chapter to LS

Top Bottom