• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

Hugare

Anyone else noticed when the bridge is being destroyed (or self-destructing?) in DS2, all the little sparks are dynamically casting light spots down into the water..?!

KWduhjG.gif

They look completely natural too, I don't think it's trickery but actual emissive light sources. They're all varied and the ones which occur closer to the water as the pieces fall are less diffuse and brighter/sharper.

RTGI with emissives casting light immediately and correctly into a dynamic body of fluid is seriously impressive.
I dont see how theres any RTGI in there

Under the ramp on the bridge, on the left, there's no shadow under it. It's as bright as the rest of the world is.

I dont get it

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Under the ramp on the bridge, on the left, there's no shadow under it. It's as bright as the rest of the world is.

I dont get it
Wouldnt that be the job of RT Shadows? RTGI would handle the light bounce. You will still need RTAO and RT Shadows to handle the rest.

Hugare

Wouldnt that be the job of RT Shadows? RTGI would handle the light bounce. You will still need RTAO and RT Shadows to handle the rest.
I may be mistaken, but RTGI already has RTAO "built in". That's why there's no toggle for RTAO in Cyberpunk but there's one for shadows.

Shadows would be more like for grass coverage and small objects (again, using Cyberpunk as an example) but big objects would receive coverage from RTGI

Under the ramp in DS2 looks as bright as this bench without RT on the DF video

ckstine

I may be mistaken, but RTGI already has RTAO "built in". That's why there's no toggle for RTAO in Cyberpunk but there's one for shadows.

Shadows would be more like for grass coverage and small objects (again, using Cyberpunk as an example) but big objects would receive coverage from RTGI

Under the ramp in DS2 looks as bright as this bench without RT on the DF video

yeah, i'm almost positive ur right.

ckstine

can we talk about how underwhelming nvidia's "path-tracing" (which is NOT actual path tracing) is? neither in aw2 or in 2077 has it really made all that much a difference. AW2 has brilliant baked lighting (mostly) and 2077's material and shader work isn't stellar enough for full rt to work. that is all nvidia's "path tracing" is, just fully ray traced lighting. actual path tracing is something completely different, having to do with the probabilistic nature vs deterministic nature of pt vs rt. it's just pr bullshit buzzwordery.

Last edited:

Neilg

I dont get it
Yeah, you dont need to use GI to spawn a light into the scene when a particle effect triggers. You can have the particle effect trigger semi randomly and still spawn them, the dynamic nature doesnt force you to use a more complex approach.

Kojima takes cinematography seriously, when you make movies you use fake lights to emphasize and control complex natural effects - and a good cinematographer knows how to do it in a way that's invisible and enhances the image. he'd use fake lights and invisible shadow casters over heavy path-tracing tech any day of the week. Not saying there isnt a little GI, but the shot of the ship door opening while the light from outside spills in - I guarantee that's done with a set of huge scripted lights outside that rotate, gradually increase intensity, and move into position. Then as you walk towards the door, they probably fade off as the environment light gets brighter - making a seamless transition, but one that doesn't require insanely complex bounces and can have the shadow quality dialed in.
I think people often dont realize quite how much of these smoke and mirror tricks are behind games looking 'natural' and realistic. That will never be replaced by tech getting better because real life is path traced and you should see how movies are lit. Modern movies completely relight the entire scene for camera cuts.
I've shared this before, but this section of a bible about how to light is a good read - https://chrisbrejon.com/cg-cinematography/chapter-6-lighting-principles/#complementing-composition

DS2 is a clear and massive upgrade from the first, I actually think it's a much bigger leap in the environments than it is the interior scenes. The environments in the first were never in line with a linear naughty dog game at its best.

Last edited:

ckstine

Yeah, you dont need to use GI to spawn a light into the scene when a particle effect triggers. You can have the particle effect trigger semi randomly and still spawn them, the dynamic nature doesnt force you to use a more complex approach.

Kojima takes cinematography seriously, when you make movies you use fake lights to emphasize and control complex natural effects - and a good cinematographer knows how to do it in a way that's invisible and enhances the image. he'd use fake lights and invisible shadow casters over heavy path-tracing tech any day of the week. Not saying there isnt a little GI, but the shot of the ship door opening while the light from outside spills in - I guarantee that's done with a set of huge scripted lights outside that rotate, gradually increase intensity, and move into position. Then as you walk towards the door, they probably fade off as the environment light gets brighter - making a seamless transition, but one that doesn't require insanely complex bounces and can have the shadow quality dialed in.
I think people often dont realize quite how much of these smoke and mirror tricks are behind games looking 'natural' and realistic. That will never be replaced by tech getting better because real life is path traced and you should see how movies are lit. Modern movies completely relight the entire scene for camera cuts.
I've shared this before, but this section of a bible about how to light is a good read - https://chrisbrejon.com/cg-cinematography/chapter-6-lighting-principles/#complementing-composition

DS2 is a clear and massive upgrade from the first, I actually think it's a much bigger leap in the environments than it is the interior scenes. The environments in the first were never in line with a linear naughty dog game at its best.
I just want someone to make a game with Roger Deakins or Peter Deming as a consultant. Imagine like a modern war kinda thing with Sicario aesthetic, or like a detective game that looks like tp:s3 or lost highway

Neilg

I just want someone to make a game with Roger Deakins or Peter Deming as a consultant. Imagine like a modern war kinda thing with Sicario aesthetic, or like a detective game that looks like tp:s3 or lost highway

My guess is those guys wouldn't be interested in consulting on something that takes 3+ years to make and where the player can spin the camera around. There are a lot of problems unique to games that makes them hard to light. Heading in the right direction though, AAA games are really figuring out how to control that sort of thing, even if most people don't notice it because they're too busy counting pixels.

Look at horizons hero lighting - bet you can find a post in this thread where someone span the camera round to the exact 5 degree angle window where it falls apart to complain about how shit it looks.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. The texture detail and LOD management is piss poor in Suicide Squad. The art style and lighting design is not bad but its shocking how basic and simple the game looks. Spiderman 2 looks a generation ahead in comparison and that game looks cross gen as fuck.

Timestamped:

I think the 60 fps brigade should look at games like this and realize that this is the cost of 60 fps. You dont get next gen visuals like you did back in 2015 Arkham Knight.

I don't care that the lods are bad ...could you imagine playing a game like SS at 30 fps on an Oled? I've noticed lots of games this gen still have shitty lod and draw in. These consoles are not powerful enough. I hope 60 fps is here to stay. 30/40 fps mode can be an optional mode but I can't believe you guys are still arguing for 30 fps as a way to get true next gen games. Even if your right we should try to move on from that. Sure have it as a secondary mode but you guys want 30 fps only to get next gen visuals ...maybe for a David Cage game that'd be cool. Console upgrade every 3 years would solve this problem.

ckstine

My guess is those guys wouldn't be interested in consulting on something that takes 3+ years to make and where the player can spin the camera around. There are a lot of problems unique to games that makes them hard to light. Heading in the right direction though, AAA games are really figuring out how to control that sort of thing, even if most people don't notice it because they're too busy counting pixels.

Look at horizons hero lighting - bet you can find a post in this thread where someone span the camera round to the exact 5 degree angle window where it falls apart to complain about how shit it looks.
i'm aware it'd never happen, but a man can dream

SlimySnake

Jesus Christ. FF7 might be the ugliest most underwhelming next gen game ive played yet. It is ugly in every sense of the word.

Last gen character models? Check.
Last gen lighting? Check.
Last gen assets, rocks and trees? Check, check and check.

It is astounding how bad it looks and i played it in the graphics mode.

xZMf3Dy.jpg

zOxDMBS.jpg
aul1taN.jpg

2UzNpq5.jpg

OhXF0dc.jpg

Honestly, this makes FF16 look next gen. This game is the poster child for lazy developers. Unambitious hacks who have given up on life and their careers. These people should be put out to pasture and retired. They dont belong in this industry.

Say what you will about FF16 and its PS3 era graphics at points, but the game looked phenomenal 90% of the time. It tried to do something new with the titan battles and setpieces and it truly had some stunning lighting and forests. This looks like dog shit.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. FF7 might be the ugliest most underwhelming next gen game ive played yet. It is ugly in every sense of the word.

xZMf3Dy.jpg

zOxDMBS.jpg
aul1taN.jpg

2UzNpq5.jpg

OhXF0dc.jpg

Fuck. Was afraid of this with it having much larger areas running on UE4 ...fark!

So they didnt even improve the graphics over FF7 Remake despite having all this extra time and development on Ps5 only?! Another disappointment?

PS- just picked up Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth the other day for PS5. A couple reviews said it's "best looking Yakuza game yet", so I was excited going into it plus Like a Dragon Gaiden looks really nice and clean...Infinite Wealth is REALLY blurry and has regressed back to earlier Dragon Engine games with lots of aliasing! IW has worse image quality than Yakuza 7 does. Wtf? Just can't have nice things this gen. Can't take any reviewers words seriously and feels like I'm on a rolledcoaster ride from a developers games to their next ones! I'm questioning if Infinite Wealth is even 1440p like the other recent Yakuza games ..might be 1080p!

Persona 3 Reload- was going to buy this then I learned in DF's review it has less detail than Persona 5, has NO AA, and no ambient occlusion! Wtf man- Atlus decided it was a good idea to have a few RT reflections before using any anti aliasing or AO (staples of modern games). How does that make any sense ..

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Fuck. Was afraid of this with it having much larger areas running on UE4 ...fark!
UE4 runs dying light 2 and it looks gorgeous. UE4 is not the issue here. It is the developers. They are hacks. plain and simple.

I don't care that the lods are bad ...could you imagine playing a game like SS at 30 fps on an Oled? I've noticed lots of games this gen still have shitty lod and draw in. These consoles are not powerful enough. I hope 60 fps is here to stay. 30/40 fps mode can be an optional mode but I can't believe you guys are still arguing for 30 fps as a way to get true next gen games. Even if your right we should try to move on from that. Sure have it as a secondary mode but you guys want 30 fps only to get next gen visuals ...maybe for a David Cage game that'd be cool. Console upgrade every 3 years would solve this problem.
But I do. I played Miles, Ratchet, Horizon, FF16 and Spiderman 2 at 30 fps on my OLED. As long as i dont switch back and forth, i dont notice. even after i switch back and forth, im used to it in 15 minutes tops.

xZMf3Dy.jpg

zOxDMBS.jpg
aul1taN.jpg

2UzNpq5.jpg

OhXF0dc.jpg

Honestly, this makes FF16 look next gen. This game is the poster child for lazy developers. Unambitious hacks who have given up on life and their careers. These people should be put out to pasture and retired. They dont belong in this industry.

Say what you will about FF16 and its PS3 era graphics at points, but the game looked phenomenal 90% of the time. It tried to do something new with the titan battles and setpieces and it truly had some stunning lighting and forests. This looks like dog shit.

At least they're putting out this demo which will exposed their own laziness ...but the sad thing is gamers will probably gush about the visuals anyway! Here we go again

UE4 runs dying light 2 and it looks gorgeous. UE4 is not the issue here. It is the developers. They are hacks. plain and simple.

But I do. I played Miles, Ratchet, Horizon, FF16 and Spiderman 2 at 30 fps on my OLED. As long as i dont switch back and forth, i dont notice. even after i switch back and forth, im used to it in 15 minutes tops.

I play all those games at 30 too but there's a big difference between those and a 3rd person shooter like SS squad. Miles, Ratchet, Horizon and SM2 all have best in class 30 fps modes from a smoothness and responsiveness pov. FF16 we have no choice but to play 30 because the 60 fps mode looks like smeared shit.

SlimySnake

I play all those games at 30 too but there's a big difference between those and a 3rd person shooter like SS squad. Miles, Ratchet, Horizon and SM2 all have best in class 30 fps modes from a smoothness and responsiveness pov. FF16 we have no choice but to play 30 because the 60 fps mode looks like smeared shit.
In that case, im fine with it. im ok with multiplayer games being 60 fps. but we never expected those mp games to be setting a new visual bar either. So if SS needs to be 60 fps then fine.

mrqs

Yeah, SquareEnix isn't giving the same polish time and money on Rebirth, like they did with FF16.

Looks good on some cutscenes, but some were CG on State of Play. I was baffled.

That's why we need real-time everything, it wouldn't be on the dev to make it look stunning. It would just look right.

Hopefully by the end of this gen/at the beginning of next-gen we can achieve the real-time dream.

Yeah, SquareEnix isn't giving the same polish time and money on Rebirth, like they did with FF16.

Looks good on some cutscenes, but some were CG on State of Play. I was baffled.

That's why we need real-time everything, it wouldn't be on the dev to make it look stunning. It would just look right.

Hopefully by the end of this gen/at the beginning of next-gen we can achieve the real-time dream.
It’s weird cus the cg in the state of play didn’t look as good as Death Stranding 2’s in engine cutscenes to me,

GymWolf

Gold Member

xZMf3Dy.jpg

zOxDMBS.jpg
aul1taN.jpg

2UzNpq5.jpg

OhXF0dc.jpg

So we have no reason to bring this piece of turd in this topic anymore, thank god.

Also lmao at ff16 looking phenomenal 90% of the time:messenger_tears_of_joy:

The term phenomenal completely lost its value.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned

xZMf3Dy.jpg

zOxDMBS.jpg
aul1taN.jpg

2UzNpq5.jpg

OhXF0dc.jpg

If I was Sony, I would let them know that that is unacceptable for a current-gen main FF game. I just beat the demo and I'm pretty disappointed by the presentation (and a bunch of other things).

PeteBull

xZMf3Dy.jpg

zOxDMBS.jpg
aul1taN.jpg

2UzNpq5.jpg

OhXF0dc.jpg

Its a trade of, 4k30 in quality mode so ofc game cant look trully next gen, and it has perf mode that still looks decent res(looks maybe around 1200p+) for ps5 it has to be a trade of, either 30fps, high quality visuals or high res or 60fps, cant get it all, hell from what i saw specifically on ps5 we can only get 2 out of 4 at the same time( 4 being 4k, 60fp, high quality aka next gen graphics, open world).

Tldr we can get:
1) 4k and open world but it wont be next gen graphics nor 60fps.
Or
2) 60fps and 4k but it wont be open world and next gen graphics.
Or
3)It will be next gen graphics and open world, but it wont be 4k nor 60fps(the matrix demo example).
Or
4)Will be 4k and next gen graphics but no open world nor 60fps(super linear/corridor), here i think its hardest to achieve, the matrix demo/ue5 valley demo are far from 4k on ps5, so this 4th option might be only avaiable for upcoming ps5pr0.

What im saying is, dont expect 4k or anywhere near 4k, nor 60fps if u hoping for actual next gen graphics, or in other words- devs claiming/advertising game gonna have 4k mode- u can automatically assume graphics not gonna be impressive.

Jakk

Whats funny is that GTA6 is ALL cutscenes, and likely not even realtime or running on a PS5 like DS2. Its fine to compare but lets compare cutscene to cutscene, gameplay to gameplay.
Not sure where did you get that from, everything points to GTA VI trailer being realtime, just like all their previous trailers I can remember.

Lethal01

If I was Sony, I would let them know that that is unacceptable for a current-gen main FF game. I just beat the demo and I'm pretty disappointed by the presentation (and a bunch of other things).

ITs the most anticipated game of the year, if anything Sony has been learning and continues to learn that Graphics are far from the most important things for selling games.

I love pretty Graphics but lets not confuse what we want with what actually makes system selling games.
That aside I personally really would live to see this game with better indirect lighting and shadows more than better assets. Regardless the game is so good its scary so whatever they chose to sacrifice was most likely the right call.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
ITs the most anticipated game of the year, if anything Sony has been learning and continues to learn that Graphics are far from the most important things for selling games.

I love pretty Graphics but lets not confuse what we want with what actually makes system selling games.
That aside I personally really would live to see this game with better indirect lighting and shadows more than better assets. Regardless the game is so good its scary so whatever they chose to sacrifice was most likely the right call.

If you're gonna create so many incredibly detailed worlds, and want the people to get immersed in your story, but you completely slack off on the clarity of its presentation, you're doing a bad job.
This demo is really hard to look at, its presentation belongs to the start of last gen and sure not for an exclusive PS5 title, and people dont spend bucks on new hardware to see top tier studios give 0 fucks on their exclusives. There's not much more to it.

Last edited:
OK after actually playing Rebirth demo, I don't think it's all Doom and gloom at all. Looks good dense environments, better than average geometry, lighting decent ...I was expecting worse based off Slimy's impressions. I was only playing Fidelity mode though. This is what I expected based on gameplay trailers ...

blue velvet

Stop oversaturating your games! Looks so wrong but you PC guys love to do this for some reason...
Yeah, I switched to PC a few years ago and I tried all those reshade visual mod stuff and they are all horrible. I understand what they're trying to achieve though, crushing the black level to make the color pop on top of extremely saturated colors. What you'll get is an abomination of a picture quality. Crushed blacks, extremely high contrast, and super green and orangy tinted image. It makes those high end gpus pretty much pointless, because you'll end up losing a lot of details due to crushed blacks and high contrast instead of gaining anything. It's all matter of preference naturally, but subtlety just doesn't exist for most gamers it seems.

Imtjnotu

OK after actually playing Rebirth demo, I don't think it's all Doom and gloom at all. Looks good dense environments, better than average geometry, lighting decent ...I was expecting worse based off Slimy's impressions. I was only playing Fidelity mode though. This is what I expected based on gameplay trailers ...
Firstly don't ever go off slimy and his impressions.

Haven't taken a close look at FF7 yet, some of the conversations on Twitter were positive, mild bump in scale, geometry, textures and such.

I'll take Slimy's word for it though.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
FF7 Remake part 2 looks marginally better than part 1.

Makes me think this was planned crossgen for the most part. Textures look sharper, hard to notice any other big improvements.

SlimySnake

Not sure where did you get that from, everything points to GTA VI trailer being realtime, just like all their previous trailers I can remember.
DF speculated that the instagram/tiktok shots might have been pre-rendered. Regardless, my point was that we dont know because Rockstar didnt say if it was running on PS5, if it was realtime or gameplay instead of gameplay shots curated as cutscenes, and thus touched up. Whereas Death Stranding we do know.

Bojji

I don't think FFXVI is any benchmark but it has quite good baked lighting and excellent art direction. Everything looks nice to eyes despite some lower quality assets and bad IQ.

This demo of Rebirth doesn't look good at all. I think remake is more pleasing to my eyes:

NidsFrx.jpeg

SlimySnake

what is going on in the 3rd image? looks like only 4x aniso
AF has always been low on consoles. No idea why. But it was true in the PS3, PS4 and now the PS5 era. 16xAF has like no performance cost on PC GPUs, maybe 1%? It must be higher on console GPUs because otherwise it makes no sense to set it that low.

Its a trade of, 4k30 in quality mode so ofc game cant look trully next gen, and it has perf mode that still looks decent res(looks maybe around 1200p+) for ps5 it has to be a trade of, either 30fps, high quality visuals or high res or 60fps, cant get it all, hell from what i saw specifically on ps5 we can only get 2 out of 4 at the same time( 4 being 4k, 60fp, high quality aka next gen graphics, open world).

Tldr we can get:
1) 4k and open world but it wont be next gen graphics nor 60fps.
Or
2) 60fps and 4k but it wont be open world and next gen graphics.
Or
3)It will be next gen graphics and open world, but it wont be 4k nor 60fps(the matrix demo example).
Or
4)Will be 4k and next gen graphics but no open world nor 60fps(super linear/corridor), here i think its hardest to achieve, the matrix demo/ue5 valley demo are far from 4k on ps5, so this 4th option might be only avaiable for upcoming ps5pr0.

What im saying is, dont expect 4k or anywhere near 4k, nor 60fps if u hoping for actual next gen graphics, or in other words- devs claiming/advertising game gonna have 4k mode- u can automatically assume graphics not gonna be impressive.
But there is no way this game's fidelity mode is running at native 4k. It feels more blurry than FF16 which was using FSR1 that had its native res drop down to 1080p at times. Spiderman 2 which is native 4k, death stranding 2 which seems native 4k, and of course horizon's native 4k version look a generation apart. I am seeing some PS3 era texture and models here. The trees especially look absolutely atrocious. We were shitting on Death stranding 2, Alan Wake and Avatar's Rocks the other day but these rocks would barely pass as PS4 rocks.

Spiderman, Horizon vs FF7 trees.

F9FGhvFWEAA6IEL

FUTDeUwXEBQmPNT

aul1taN.jpg

I don't think FFXVI is any benchmark but it has quite good baked lighting and excellent art direction. Everything looks nice to eyes despite some lower quality assets and bad IQ.

This demo of Rebirth doesn't look good at all. I think remake is more pleasing to my eyes:

NidsFrx.jpeg
i played the ps5 version of remake and it looked better than rebirth. the resolution was higher, the texture quality was higher, the new lighting sources they added to make the lighting pop more made the game feel more polished.

Bojji

AF has always been low on consoles. No idea why. But it was true in the PS3, PS4 and now the PS5 era. 16xAF has like no performance cost on PC GPUs, maybe 1%? It must be higher on console GPUs because otherwise it makes no sense to set it that low.

But there is no way this game's fidelity mode is running at native 4k. It feels more blurry than FF16 which was using FSR1 that had its native res drop down to 1080p at times. Spiderman 2 which is native 4k, death stranding 2 which seems native 4k, and of course horizon's native 4k version look a generation apart. I am seeing some PS3 era texture and models here. The trees especially look absolutely atrocious. We were shitting on Death stranding 2, Alan Wake and Avatar's Rocks the other day but these rocks would barely pass as PS4 rocks.

Spiderman, Horizon vs FF7 trees.

F9FGhvFWEAA6IEL

FUTDeUwXEBQmPNT

aul1taN.jpg

i played the ps5 version of remake and it looked better than rebirth. the resolution was higher, the texture quality was higher, the new lighting sources they added to make the lighting pop more made the game feel more polished.

Remake on PS5/PC has better assets all around while Rebirth barely looks better than PS4 version and has worse IQ (than remake) in performance mode.

Top tier open world console games are miles ahead of what SE was able to do here, some people act like Horizon doesn't exist.

FFXV PS4
ffxv_2f3FINALFANTASYXV202004.png

VII Rebirth
FINAL_FANTASY_VII_REBIRTH_DEMO_20240206234645_-_1080p.jpg

Holy shit :messenger_grinning_smiling:

THERE IS POSSIBILITY that they weren't able to use full detailed textures because (almost 50GB haha) demo was too small for that. But holy shit Uncharted games on PS3 have better textures on 512MB of RAM.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

FFXV PS4
ffxv_2f3FINALFANTASYXV202004.png

VII Rebirth
FINAL_FANTASY_VII_REBIRTH_DEMO_20240206234645_-_1080p.jpg
Benzy with the receipts.

Remake on PS5/PC has better assets all around while Rebirth barely looks better than PS4 version and has worse IQ (than remake) in performance mode.

Top tier open world console games are miles ahead of what SE was able to do here, some people act like Horizon doesn't exist.
Yep. I wonder if Square had their C team work on this because if the FF16 team was the B team then this is the C team. Where the fuck is the A team? Kingdom hearts?

winjer

Gold Member

Holy shit :messenger_grinning_smiling:

THERE IS POSSIBILITY that they weren't able to use full detailed textures because (almost 50GB haha) demo was too small for that. But holy shit Uncharted games on PS3 have better textures on 512MB of RAM.

That looks like it's loading a low res MipMap.
Could be just a bug or issue with the streaming system.

Bojji

Benzy with the receipts.

Yep. I wonder if Square had their C team work on this because if the FF16 team was the B team then this is the C team. Where the fuck is the A team? Kingdom hearts?

I don't think A team exist :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Japanese developers have aversion to good quality textures, you have Resident Evil 8 with AMAZING texture work and then they release RE4 remake that is much worse than that. Many japanese games barely have PS4 quality textures.

That looks like it's loading a low res MipMap.
Could be just a bug or issue with the streaming system.

Maybe but it doesn't load "better version" (if it exists) at all.

SlimySnake

So we have no reason to bring this piece of turd in this topic anymore, thank god.

Also lmao at ff16 looking phenomenal 90% of the time:messenger_tears_of_joy:

The term phenomenal completely lost its value.
FF16 despite its issues still captures that CG look lacking from even the best Sony exclusives. only cyberpunk PT and AW2 PT come close to capturing that CG look and feel FF16 so effortlessly captures in both cutscenes and normal gameplay. Though not in all spots and thats why i said 90%. the desert area looks like shit and some interiors dont look too hot but the majority of story based missions looked gorgeous thanks to the consistent lighting and material quality. Maybe its all due to the color grading and not actual graphics rendering but i dont care. it has a pre-rendered look and materials still dont look as dated as FF7 rebirth.

77ewZMz.gif

ffxvi-final-fantasy-xvi.gif

HPueVvj.gif

HPRq0N9.gif

HPuG2Du.gif

Top Bottom