• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not

Banned
What the heck is up with this shows release schedule? Is Disney either arbitrarily spreading out the schedule or airing the premiere episodes too early in production or what? It sucks.

Also, I can't believe Disney won't release a Season 1 blu-ray box set. Trust me, that puppy would sell. What is wrong with this company?

wwm0nkey

Man this show really doesn't feel like a Disney cartoon.
Feels more like something from CN.

Im hoping Disney gets more content like this, while their release schedule sucks at least they are supporting the show unlike what CN did with their stuff before the one dude got fired.

Also I really want to see whats up with that dating sim episode in season 2 lol

abundant

What the heck is up with this shows release schedule? Is Disney either arbitrarily spreading out the schedule or airing the premiere episodes too early in production or what? It sucks.

It's the former. Cartoon Network is the only Animated Network that tries to have seasons, for the most part. The other two just release new episodes when they want to.

It's the former. Cartoon Network is the only Animated Network that tries to have seasons, for the most part. The other two just release new episodes when they want to.
I posted my thoughts about Disney's release schedule earlier. I honestly think they schedule things around events. If they can't tie episodes thematically or if there isn't some big premiere they will hold episodes until the event. It sucks, but at least my DVR is schedule to grab everything so I do miss anything.

New favourite moment from "Into the Bunker" (SPOILERS)

Dipper and Wendy in the decontamination chamber. When Wendy triggers the vents and she and Dipper are slammed into one another, pay close attention to where they hit one another, then watch Dipper's face immediately after. Classic.

I know this is old, but I saw this, and thought you should see it:

the original, unedited version of that scene, told by storyboards...

loovdCW.gif

Their reactions are priceless!

rest of the scene found here:
http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/23...how_recommendations=false&view_mode=slideshow

(may not work on mobile...)

so, in other news, the new GF DVD came out Tuesday. I have yet to find a B&M store that carries it.

For those interested, Amazon and Best Buy do have it in stock online.

glad you guys posted the new trailer (been super busy...sorry...) but found this little tidbit about the little episode...

elgWOI5.png

According to the interwebs, this new character is said to be
a new villain introduced in the Sock Opera episode

Finally, some words of wisdom from the main man himself (No, not Lobo...)

JokbObw.png

(that bit with the microphone was BS though...)

lfJ78sE.png

(looks at TMNT ticket stubbs on nightstand; "I'm sorry, America!")

ao2fPoa.png

(yep, pretty much)

I posted my thoughts about Disney's release schedule earlier. I honestly think they schedule things around events. If they can't tie episodes thematically or if there isn't some big premiere they will hold episodes until the event. It sucks, but at least my DVR is schedule to grab everything so I do miss anything.

I forget the interview, but Hirsch said it was pretty much this. Like the switch to XD, he doesn't really have a choice in the matter...

Keasar

lfJ78sE.png

I still wonder why people go to a Micheal Bay film and then come out surprised that it was bad. His name should be a giant warning sign like M. Night Shyamalan only less twists and more explosions.

Was gonna ask about this, too. What's with Soos
throwing passes at Stan all of a sudden?
Like Hamlet said, I take it as Soos just being Soos. Naive and having no idea.

Quick late night update - synopsis for episodes 4 and 5 released!

2x04 - Sock Opera -
Mabel decides to put on a sock puppet rock opera to impress a local puppeteer, but her show goes awry when Dipper’s drive to uncover journal secrets leads to a supernatural disaster.
. Airs 9/8/14 on Disney XD

2x05 - Soos and the Real Girl -
Soos needs a date for his cousin Reggie’s engagement party and looks to a dating simulator game to help him talk to girls.
. Airs 9/22/14 on Disney XD

Source comes from Disney XD media net. Unfortunately, it also says that's it September wise for Gravity Falls...

loovdCW.gif

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/23...how_recommendations=false&view_mode=slideshow

(may not work on mobile...)

so, in other news, the new GF DVD came out Tuesday. I have yet to find a B&M store that carries it.

For those interested, Amazon and Best Buy do have it in stock online.

glad you guys posted the new trailer (been super busy...sorry...) but found this little tidbit about the little episode...

elgWOI5.png

According to the interwebs, this new character is said to be
a new villain introduced in the Sock Opera episode

Finally, some words of wisdom from the main man himself (No, not Lobo...)

JokbObw.png

(that bit with the microphone was BS though...)

lfJ78sE.png

ao2fPoa.png

(yep, pretty much)

I forget the interview, but Hirsch said it was pretty much this. Like the switch to XD, he doesn't really have a choice in the matter...

what i got from skimming this post was alex has a ps4 lol.

I went to Disneyland today and splurged on some merch. One thing I noticed is that Vinylmation Animation series 5 contains a Mabel figure (which is strange, since the Animation series is pretty strictly Animated Canon and classic shorts from what I've seen).

I was lucky enough to find Mabel in my box, along with a Hitchhiking Ghost in my Park Starz box.

PaulloDEC

loovdCW.gif

*Snipped*

I hadn't seen that (amazing) storyboard sequence before, so thanks for posting!

Also thanks for the rest of your post, lots of neat stuff in there I'd have otherwise missed.

At episode 12 of season 1, only thing that bothers me about the show is the whole Wendy crush thing.
Not thats its actually bad but its spending so much time pushing it but its obviously never going to happen.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Mabel's voice was instantly recognizable(Trixie from Toy Story 3)
She's even more recognizable if you have watched Bob's Burgers for the past few years. She plays Louise on that. I actually remember her from Flight of the Conchords.

Sometimes I feel like Louise and Mabel are the same person, only Louise is antisocial. :p Also, now that I think of it, both shows had a boy-band episode.

That gif looks like its buy the guy who does the...creepy one. So it kind of ruins it for me
Seriously, it's like "Hey bro, it's cool, we'll just marry each other!" was cut out at the end.

How many season 2 episodes have aired on TV?

I saw that zombie one and then it just disappeared?

Has episode 2 even happened yet?... on TV, I mean.

Some late night good news for you guys! New GF vinyls are coming!

Themysteryofgf said:

The first six:

-Dipper
-Mabel
-Soos
-Grunkle Stan
-Lil Gideon
-Gnome

are due out December. The last 2 (look in the background)

-Smile Dip Mabel
-Lamby Dance Dipper

are out January 2015

Cute and all, but where the fuck's Wendy? I guess the hate's still on...

The first six:

-Dipper
-Mabel
-Soos
-Grunkle Stan
-Lil Gideon
-Gnome

-Smile Dip Mabel
-Lamby Dance Dipper

are out January 2015

Sweeeeeet. Love Vinylmation, even if it is way overpriced.

Hamlet

The first six:

-Dipper
-Mabel
-Soos
-Grunkle Stan
-Lil Gideon
-Gnome

-Smile Dip Mabel
-Lamby Dance Dipper

are out January 2015

Aww they look adorable.
The gnome sure looks a tad confused though
"Why did they pick me over Wendy?"

Psxphile

Tonight's the night.

Hey, isn't that Waddles to the right in the first pic? Wouldn't that make it 9 altogether? And yes, Wendy exclusion is indeed odd. Or business-as-usual for Disney/toymakers, I forget which.

Tonight's the night.

Hey, isn't that Waddles to the right in the first pic? Wouldn't that make it 9 altogether? And yes, Wendy exclusion is indeed odd. Or business-as-usual for Disney/toymakers, I forget which.

Good eye. How did I miss that before?

So I did a bit more research. Turns out that there was an earlier announcement

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2014/09/07/gravity-falls-blind-box-series-twin-pack-coming-soon/

The figures are:

1. Dipper
2. Mabel
3. Grunkle Stan
4. Soos
5. Gnome
6. Waddles
7. Lil Gideon
8. ???

The Lamby Dance Dipper and Smile Dip Mabel are a limited edition twin pack (HA, pun!). Only 1,000 made...

"Why did they pick me over Wendy?"

Good question. Good question... Now, if they use that last spot and pick Robbie over her, I'll lose my shit!

Good eye. How did I miss that before?

So I did a bit more research. Turns out that there was an earlier announcement

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2014/09/07/gravity-falls-blind-box-series-twin-pack-coming-soon/

The figures are:

1. Dipper
2. Mabel
3. Grunkle Stan
4. Soos
5. Gnome
6. Waddles
7. Lil Gideon
8. ???

The Lamby Dance Dipper and Smile Dip Mabel are a limited edition twin pack (HA, pun!). Only 1,000 made...

Good question. Good question... Now, if they use that last spot and pick Robbie over her, I'll lose my shit!
Those normal figures should be in stores soon, right?

Opto

Banned
Love that Mabel gets ahead of the fandom and
dubs a Bill-controlled Dipper "Bipper."
Also what strangely good look for Dipper

Portman

Shoot, hung out at the Destiny launch and forgot to watch the sock opera (didn't even buy the game). Anyone know of a way I can watch it or just hope for a rerun soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom