• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't be happier with how
they resolved Dipper's crush on Wendy. This is exactly how I hoped it would happen. It was so frustrating to see her being relegated to only being Dipper's crush while Soos was adventuring with the twins all the time. I'm so happy now that she finally got the chance to prove how amazing she is as a character.

-Deimos

they resolved Dipper's crush on Wendy. This is exactly how I hoped it would happen. It was so frustrating to see her being relegated to only being Dipper's crush while Soos was adventuring with the twins all the time. I'm so happy now that she finally got the chance to prove how amazing she is as a character.

I thought the fact that she knew and heard his whispering was kind of creepy. She should have said something before.

I hope good things for the change, too. However, rumblings on the 'net say that this might be it for a while
for Wendy, especially on the smaller, filler episodes.
Those of you following along from the last thread heard the stories about how many GF fans hated Wendy/and/or the whole crush angle. I, too, wish for a Soos-like role for her in the show, rather than popping up at random in a Poochie-esque manner.

Don't worry, during the episode with the Time Traver, Wendy will meet a future teen dipper and get a crush on him.

I thought of this, too, or at least, something to this degree.

(Readies Bender Reading Irony definition.gif in case)

Eh... She's just 15 herself. She probably didn't know how to deal with it without crushing the little guy.

I think Hirsch purposely uses the characters' size difference and adult-sounding voices (save for Mabel) to make them appear older than they are. This works especially well with Wendy, making people forget she's just a kid herself. The same ideal works with the opposite effect with the "many boyfriends" thing. The most affection we have seen her give a character is an innocent peck on the cheek. It makes me think of Ramona Flowers (of Scott Pilgrim fame), where if it were to be technical, only 3 of the 7 bad guys should be really considered "evil exes..."

Wait a tick...

(Pictures a Scott Pilgrim inspired GF episode...)

SykoTech

Guess the theme of this season is
resolving conflicts.
Well, kinda.

Pretty refreshing to see a more sympathetic Pacifica. I hope they keep the ball rolling (pun intended) with her later on.

No preview of next week though. Don't tell me the show's on break already...

-Deimos

Meh...decent episode I guess.

I didn't like how they used the "rivals fighting a common enemy and becoming friends" trope, complete with "I can't believe I'm saying this, but..." line at the end.

Meh...decent episode I guess.

I didn't like how they used the "rivals fighting a common enemy and becoming friends" trope, complete with "I can't believe I'm saying this, but..." line at the end.

I know, right? Made me think of the famed NeoGAF thread of "You know, we're not so different, you and I..."

Hey, it could have been worse.
Mabel could have tried to lump Pacifica off on poor Dipper, as per her rebound crush plan. Ol' Dip gave that bitch the stink-eye the whole episode...

No preview of next week though. Don't tell me the show's on break already...

Afraid so. I'll keep you guys posted

-Deimos

I know, right? Made me think of the famed NeoGAF thread of "You know, we're not so different, you and I..."

Hey, it could have been worse.
Mabel could have tried to lump Pacifica off on poor Dipper, as per her rebound crush plan. Ol' Dip gave that bitch the stink-eye the whole episode...

Afraid so. I'll keep you guys posted

I would have preferred that honestly. Actually, I could see another similar trope happening in the future.
Pacifica realizes how much of a bitch she's been and tries to turn over a new leaf. Dipper doesn't trust her at first but then gets over his jealousy, sees how she's not a bad person after all and develops a crush on her.
Please don't let this happen.

Oh and I just remembered that quick part at the end where Pacifica dismisses the whole GF founder business. It would be a shame if the writers swept that fact under the rug.

Hamlet

Decent enough if fun episode
Really loved the Big Henry joke it got dark pretty fast, RIP Big Henry. Still lots of great lines in this episode
"Soos would it be wrong to punch a child"
“We came as fast as we could!” “We heard a little girl got seriously burned.” “Oh!”
"Sacré booooo!"

Kinda sucks its going on a break again, I know they did it during season 1 but hopefully it's not too long as I need my Gravity Falls fix now!

tumblr_mp4qk3C1zQ1sudvr4o1_500.gif

I would have preferred that honestly. Actually, I could see another similar trope happening in the future.
Pacifica realizes how much of a bitch she's been and tries to turn over a new leaf. Dipper doesn't trust her at first but then gets over his jealousy, sees how she's not a bad person after all and develops a crush on her.

This is totally going to happen.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Decent episode, gave me a good few laughs. I was waiting for the paranormal part to crop in, I just thought it'd be a generic rival episode. lol.

-Deimos

Decent enough if fun episode
Really loved the Big Henry joke it got dark pretty fast, RIP Big Henry. Still lots of great lines in this episode

That was pretty great. I wasn't sure if they were actually going for something there or if it was a gag.

S2E03

This was one of the best episodes so far. Not really much to say, I loved all of it :D

GIFs for everyone! (thank you based GIF-Cam)~

/!\ /!\ /!\ Slight SPOILERS for people who haven't watched it Ep. 3 I guess :I

Bv8NnZR.gif
DKdIJSl.gif

93vRJZ2.gif
NIpZA2J.gif

It was really antsy getting an acceptably smooth loop for the Mabel/Pacifica one :eek:

PaulloDEC

Fun episode. Nice to see the rest of the Northwest family (complete with Nathan Fillion as Pacifica's dad!) and a bit more of the town in general.

S2E03

This was one of the best episodes so far. Not really much to say, I loved all of it :D

GIFs for everyone! (thank you based GIF-Cam)

These are great. Especially love the nachos one :)

I thought this episode was eh. The sections with the Lilliputtians were clever enough, but the stuff with Mabel and Pacifica was pretty standard stuff that I wasn't interested in seeing.

Hamlet

Looks like the titles for episodes 4 & 5 have been released

Sock Opera
- September 8th
Soos and the Real Girl
- September 22nd

Episode 5 certainly looks interesting

http://themysteryofgravityfalls.tumblr.com/post/94769071144/air-dates-have-seemed-to-appear-for-the-next-two

Some amazing stuff on the Gravi-Team Falls tumblr recently, not least a video of Jason Ritter performing (what is presumably) an alternate take of "Taking Over Midnight". He really gives those high notes his all!

Jason Ritter sure gives it his all
This image sure is nightmare inducing

Looks like the titles for episodes 4 & 5 have been released

Sock Opera
- September 8th
Soos and the Real Girl
- September 22nd

Episode 5 certainly looks interesting

http://themysteryofgravityfalls.tumblr.com/post/94769071144/air-dates-have-seemed-to-appear-for-the-next-two

beat me to it. That
Mermando
rumor came from a supposedly leaked picture. With GF, you can never know...

The
sock puppet
one seems interesting too, since if you remember from one of the Hirsch's podcasts or even the Tooth short with Bear-O, Dipper is
deathly afraid of puppets...

http://33.media.tumblr.com/3ad389caf2bcf54d5cf486a78903507c/tumblr_nabmhbCbjK1sbotlno2_1280.png

so, yeah:

0bb76e7e64886943032731baf901b80343e7700bd930120b7f0a88b5b6fb51dd.jpg

Some amazing stuff on the Gravi-Team Falls tumblr recently, not least a video of Jason Ritter performing (what is presumably) an alternate take of "Taking Over Midnight". He really gives those high notes his all!

my question is for the shapeshifter, what was that 3rd form it took on? (the red cyclops with the lobster claws). It said the dirty white wormish shape was its true form so what the heck was the other one?

raw

This is totally going to happen.

Dude, don't be a M̶a̶b̶e̶l̶ jinx!

Lastly, thought I'd give some info, ratings wise, since we were talking about it in last thread, (plus with all the Korra stuff going down, my apologies fans of that show...)

(all notes taken from the GF Wiki, with proper citation found there)

So, the season premiere aired on regular Disney Channel, (Scaryoke) which earned a 2.7 (million). That's not too bad, considering the first two episodes of the season were placed online/on-demand/ before airing.

August 4th's episode. (Into the Bunker) the first of the new episodes on Disney XD, broke all time records for that channel, but only managed to gain a 0.9 (million). So far, I don't see notes about the Friday replay on regular Disney Channel, but kinda unsure if this is a good thing or bad thing (again, the show was leaked almost a week early...)

This last Monday's episode, "Golf War" got a 1.3, which can be looked at as a step in the right direction (wasn't leaked like the others)

Keep in mind, the average of the first season of GF went anywhere from 2.7 to 4.5 (counting several leaks, spoilers, early showings, etc), the highest being last year's "The Deep End.' Granted, a lot of folks attribute the high rating due to this:

S1e15_skaBOOSH!.png

Still, it's early to see what Disney will do. Do they consider the XD ratings a success or failure? If the latter, will the show go back to plain ol' Disney Channel for premiering new episodes? Who knows?

Chariot

This show, this wonderful show. I watched all three episodes in a row and it didn't pull any punches. We have promising plot hooks (federal agents, the new level of the book), developing characters and of course the usual great humor. I'm in love. Again.

currently watching episode three, and man they really upped the production. I like the new animations. Also great episode about the goat character mabel

Hamlet

I hate Disney for how they schedule this show.

Is season two going to take over a year to air as well?

Yeah its going to take a while if they keep to the whole only two or three new episodes a month thing. Hopefully there isn't a 4-5 month break halfway through the season again.

So is this worth watching?
Hear good things about it and know some artists from Mystery Incorporated did work on it.

But im hesitant to start cartoons anymore after years of dealing with CN's crap(Mystery Incorporated, YJ, GL and Beware the Batman)

Chariot

Hear good things about it and know some artists from Mystery Incorporated did work on it.

But im hesitant to start cartoons anymore after years of dealing with CN's crap(Mystery Incorporated, YJ, GL and Beware the Batman)
It's super fun to watch, with great ideas, jokes and characters.

But of course nobody can say yet if and how this show get's screwed. How Nick handled the lastest season of Korra really shattered me. I don't know Disney's track record, but they handled Kim Possible decently, yes?

But of course nobody can say yet if and how this show get's screwed. How Nick handled the lastest season of Korra really shattered me. I don't know Disney's track record, but they handled Kim Possible decently, yes?

Thanks

Hamlet

Disney seems to be pretty good so far regarding treatment of the show. The only issue I have is just the way Disney schedules new episodes where they seem to stretch it out as long as they possibly can. Season 1 took over a year to air 20 episodes and it looks like season 2 may also take awhile at this rate.

Have fun with the show Razgriz-Specter Season 1 is fantastic.

wwm0nkey

Yes you should, I went in thinking it was going to be "meh" but now I fully understand why people love this show and why it has a cult following. Its great!

Also the humor in the show really reminds me a lot of Psychonauts which I love a lot too.
*would totally be okay with a cross over.

Tizoc

So I just watched Golf Wars
Is the red knight golfling a GoT reference?
His voice also resembles the narrator in Korra.

Disney seems to be pretty good so far regarding treatment of the show. The only issue I have is just the way Disney schedules new episodes where they seem to stretch it out as long as they possibly can. Season 1 took over a year to air 20 episodes and it looks like season 2 may also take awhile at this rate.

Have fun with the show Razgriz-Specter Season 1 is fantastic.
Yes you should, I went in thinking it was going to be "meh" but now I fully understand why people love this show and why it has a cult following. Its great!

Also the humor in the show really reminds me a lot of Psychonauts which I love a lot too.
*would totally be okay with a cross over.

Thanks, just finished episode 3 and really enjoying it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom