• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 demo is live

fvng

JtQtcbih.jpg

ZLivtnxh.jpg

Quite impressed by how faithful to the 1st game the demo is...even small touches like the gyro controlled comic panels! Speaking of gyro...took me a bit to get used to the gyro gravity aiming...but adjusted eventually. Looking forward to full release

LotusHD

Banned
I don't know how I am coming off that way when I clearly praised both games and pretty much said the same thing you just said.

Meh I mean, you took that brief shot at it with the line that it "forgoes creating any type of special look or feel", as well as the shade of you saying none of your favorite games were 60 FPS. Not that you can't have those criticisms or feel that way or whatever; you obviously can. And I do recognize that it isn't like you just outright trashed the demo. I'm just telling you that that is still how it came off to me.

Agree to disagree though, don't want to get wrapped in an argument. As I said earlier, I guess due to the circumstances, comparing the two games is inevitable I guess, though it'll continue to confuse me when I see it happen lol

Meh I mean, you took that brief shot at it with the line that it "forgoes creating any type of special look or feel", as well as the shade of you saying none of your favorite games were 60 FPS. Not that you can't have those criticisms or feel that way or whatever; you obviously can. And I do recognize that it isn't like you just outright trashed the demo. I'm just telling you that that is still how it came off to me.

Agree to disagree though, don't want to get wrapped in an argument. As I said earlier, I guess due to the circumstances, comparing the two games is inevitable I guess, though it'll continue to confuse me when I see it happen lol
That wasn't criticism nor shade.

None of my favorite games being 60fps was speaking to 30fps games not being beneath 60fps games, I wasn't trying to demerit 60fps.

NieR not having a special look or feel is because they want the gameplay to shine and that is what they accomplished. GR2 has a unique aesthetic that can barely be compared to anything and that is due in part to their choice to focus on different things than primarily combat (granted, that does take away from the overall potential of something like combat in GR2 and I acknowledge that).

Two different games with two different goals can be appreciated without boiling it down to "well, one is 60fps and the other isn't".

The quote above in that response was what I was getting at. I'm not trying to get into an argument either but I just want to make what I was saying clear.

UrbanRats

I mean, in terms of looks GR is a walking pixiv illustration (with some Incal sprinkled in).
In that context is not super unique, as a game though, that's another matter.

olimpia84

I already have this game preordered and getting this on day one. No need for me to play the demo, I want to be surprised :)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
This is by no means a comparison but it's funny I have both Nier & GR2 demos and played through them multiple times. But the one I keep coming back to for more is GR2 demo. The charm and art style in this game is just incomparable.

I can't get over how beautiful the game is.
Such a tremendous upgrade over the first too.
NPCs look great and this build already has some beautiful texture work.

Blindy

Play the demo a little, have to go to the bathroom and when I come back it kicks me back out to the opening. What?

PaulloDEC

Y'all just come off as being unnecessarily defensive over a few people not liking the GR2 demo tbh lol

Well, it was more than a few. But yeah, you're probably right.

It's just one of those things that makes you wonder how you ended up on such a different wavelength to other gamers.

LotusHD

Banned
Well, it was more than a few. But yeah, you're probably right.

It's just one of those things that makes you wonder how you ended up on such a different wavelength to other gamers.

True true. Well as someone who plans on buying both, I see how both games are great and worth purchasing.

---

What does Camera Sensitivity do exactly again? EDIT: Nvm lol

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The demo is too short. Flying around is nice, but i get antsy not having anything else to do.

Gravidee

uh...there is other stuff to do besides do the mission and fight the boss? wtf

In the beginner's course you only locate the cargo and fight the big Nevi. In the experienced course, you can use lunar and jupiter modes as well as fight soldiers and a giant mech with Raven.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
In the beginner's course you only locate the cargo and fight the big Nevi. In the experienced course, you can use lunar and jupiter modes as well as fight soldiers and a giant mech.

8ea5dd9562c420ae3fd9fae1e1e5da8755456489_hq.gif

dont try to find me, i'm off to reabsorb myself in this demo for the next few hours

The anime was fun, starts very silly but ends in a cliffhanger. I think someone asked about the voices, no Japanese voices, just the same as the game, made up language/voices. Animation is not very good but does the job.

Weird conflicting reports about the anime. Hope it really is more than just one episode.

It was always one episode or OVA I guess, just the prologue to GR2. They never announce it as full TV series or even a full length anime movie. I expected something longer though, maybe 22-24 minutes but is just 17 credits included.

PaulloDEC

It was always one episode or OVA I guess, just the prologue to GR2. They never announce it as full TV series or even a full length anime movie. I expected something longer though, maybe 22-24 minutes but is just 17 credits included.

Ah well, free is free, right? I'll gladly take whatever they're offering.

Just played the demo. It is awesome as expected. And the visuals are a massive upgrade. I think this at least matches R&C in cartoony visuals, and then there is the art style, which absolutely top tier.

Less than two hours until Overture is posted. Until then, Sony just posted that they're going to be having a concert in Japan featuring music from various games including GR, Arc the Lad, Ueda's games, Ape Escape etc. But the main reason i'm posting this is because they created a piece of art for violinist Kat to go along with the announcement

20161226-japanstudio-nyswh.jpg

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/4284/20161226-japanstudio.html
She can sing and play the violin. Love it!

Top Bottom