• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

LotusHD

Banned
1 more freaking day! (God this guy is talented lol)

C2dVXwGVEAEM6WO.jpg

https://twitter.com/magion02/status/821720908456833025

Strings

Err, does anyone know how to actually pull off the gravity kick upgrade? The chain thing it talks about. Haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Also goddamn, I need to focus more on the missions. I'm way too obsessive with exploring all the nooks and crannies for crystals.

Strings

OléGunner;228660547 said:
I'm interested in PS4 Pro impressions.
The demo was an old build iirc, so anyone with details out there could let me know?

Haven't noticed a single frame drop / game is stupendously gorgeous. The draw-distance is pretty huge except for gravity crystals, which appear at a reasonable distance. Not much else to say.

Hope everyone is enjoying the game :) Gonna preorder and it should get here Friday or Saturday!

Here enjoy some Nier Automata/GR2 fanart in the meantime.

Source
Please let there be a 2B costume for Kat! Never knew I would want this soo bad but Kat looks perfect with 2B's clothes. GR2 already has a Phantasy Star costume and NieR:A already has content from FFXV and Dragon Quest so one more crossover won't hurt. Come on Yoko Taro, I saw on your twitter that you posted a picture of your copy of Gravity Rush 2 and you also saw the fan art of the two so just do it!

The demo was an old build iirc, so anyone with details out there could let me know?

It's excellent; Digital Foundry did a video on it. Locked 30FPS all day long, game looks gorgeous. Apparently the geometry is rendered at native 4K, while everything else is done at some lower resolution, and it downsamples on a 1080p TV.

One thing that's really nice is that my Pro is really quiet while running it, too. I've just come off Final Fantasy XV in high quality mode, which made my Pro run really loudly, so GR2 is a welcome change.

LotusHD

Banned
Please let there be a 2B costume for Kat! Never knew I would want this soo bad but Kat looks perfect with 2B's clothes. GR2 already has a Phantasy Star costume and NieR:A already has content from FFXV and Dragon Quest so one more crossover won't hurt. Come on Yoko Taro, I saw on your twitter that you posted a picture of your copy of Gravity Rush 2 and you also saw the fan art of the two so just do it!

At best, we'd get a Kat costume in Nier, since it already has a track record with FFXV and Dragon Quest. But I don't see us getting 2B's outfit in this game.

Haven't noticed a single frame drop / game is stupendously gorgeous. The draw-distance is pretty huge except for gravity crystals, which appear at a reasonable distance. Not much else to say.

It's excellent; Digital Foundry did a video on it. Locked 30FPS all day long, game looks gorgeous. Apparently the geometry is rendered at native 4K, while everything else is done at some lower resolution, and it downsamples on a 1080p TV.

One thing that's really nice is that my Pro is really quiet while running it, too. I've just come off Final Fantasy XV in high quality mode, which made my Pro run really loudly, so GR2 is a welcome change.

Thanks very much guys.
I missed the DF video but glad to see the game performs excellent.

Downsampling goodness as well is ace.

Alucrid

Banned

that's the first DF video whose voice over that didn't sound like they hated what they do

LotusHD

Banned
that's the first DF video whose voice over that didn't sound like they hated what they do

Lmao, I don't watch their videos often, but I did notice that they sounded so pleased, to the point it felt that they were shocked that both versions ran so smoothly.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So all you need is any save data from GR Remastered for the extra costume unlocks?

Sweet. Bestbuy is delivering one day early! God I love the GCU.

Anyone who ordered from BB in the US should check your tracking.

Same here. Will give it a try this evening.

leng jai

It's one of the better Pro Enhanced games around.

It's one of the better Pro Enhanced games around.

I expect this to be the case from Sony 1st party.
They've got to make the hardware sing for 4K and 1080 telly owners.

Hmm, should i play the first one before this?

I think it's a good idea if you can get your hands on GR Remastered.
This game follows the events of the first so story is important (YT recap is always an option though)

It's cheap last I checked on PSN atm.

Otherwise I guess you could still start with GR2.

Why is the remaster on disc so expensive? :eek: I saw in Gamestop the other day for 30 euro brand new.

I got this (GR2) for £41 which was about the most I was willing to pay, so I should have it by Saturday!

LotusHD

Banned
Why is the remaster on disc so expensive? :eek: I saw in Gamestop the other day for 30 euro brand new.

I got this (GR2) for £41 which was about the most I was willing to pay, so I should have it by Saturday!

Amazon was the only retailer that sold physical copies, and they finally ran out of them like last week or so. So yea, scalpers and what not have struck.

okay i'm stuck again

i'm on the mission where kat gets kick out of her house and has to go to the train station to find a new place but any time i get close i just get teleported but to the start, what am i mean to do?

One is going for the low price of $299 on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017Y97NHM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

wait this a joke right? i got my copy for $40 and i swear there is still another copy there when i last checked

Number45

Ah shit, I'm an idiot. I forgot I had long ago deleted my save file for Gravity Rush Remastered, because I like to create additional space every now and then. The game itself is still installed though, but I guess I ain't getting those costumes now lol
Do you not have PS+, or do you mean you also deleted it from your cloud saves? Best feature of PS+ (although I'm of the opinion that functionality shouldn't be locked behind a paywall, just provide less storage). Love being able to delete the game from the library knowing full well that I can start off from where I left off.

Also, can't you just install the game and create a new save anyway?

Flandy

How useful is the online stuff? PS+ is expired and am wondering if I should resub early to get that online features

How useful is the online stuff? PS+ is expired and am wondering if I should resub early to get that online features

You don't need PS+ for any of the online stuff, as far as I know. I don't have it and I've been getting Dusty Tokens all over the place.

E-flux

Kinda depends on the place, i bought my remaster from my local supermarket for 10 euros, new obviously.

Can't wait to pick up my copy of gravity rush2 later today.

LotusHD

Banned
Do you not have PS+, or do you mean you also deleted it from your cloud saves? Best feature of PS+ (although I'm of the opinion that functionality shouldn't be locked behind a paywall, just provide less storage). Love being able to delete the game from the library knowing full well that I can start off from where I left off.

Also, can't you just install the game and create a new save anyway?

I don't have the game anymore, nor is it in my cloud saves. Only hope left is for the game to recognize the trophies or something lmao

Jinroh

Does anyone have any information about the framerate? I played this game right after I started a new GR1 game on PS4 for the save and it felt like the game might be running at 60 fps but with some animations at 30 fps... Maybe it's just me but it felt strange and not necessarily as smooth as the first one.

LotusHD

Banned
Does anyone have any information about the framerate? I played this game right after I started a new GR1 game on PS4 for the save and it felt like the game might be running at 60 fps but with some animations at 30 fps... Maybe it's just me but it felt strange and not necessarily as smooth as the first one.

First game was 60. This one is 30.

Top Bottom