• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Picked my preorder up from EB Games Sydney - no DLC codes inside :(
They left off the preorder info for a long time. In fact, I asked them about it then two days later the page was updated with the DLC info. I wonder if they screwed up some orders because of that?

Maybe get in touch with customer support?

ramyeon

They left off the preorder info for a long time. In fact, I asked them about it then two days later the page was updated with the DLC info. I wonder if they screwed up some orders because of that?

Maybe get in touch with customer support?
Yeah shot them a message on Facebook - they're usually pretty good at responding that way. Also noticed that they hadn't even put it up on the site until really recently.

Rizzi

Picked my preorder up from EB Games Sydney - no DLC codes inside :(

Seems like they didn't give anyone codes. The manager of the EB I went to seemed confused as fuck and told me to call the customer service number.. who were also confused.

I took a screenshot of the page when it went up. Hope it helps with the customer service reports:

C1iIGn4VQAA2Omi.jpg

co1onel

I've been looking forward to this game ever since it was first shown as a Vita title back in 2013. So glad it's finally here and looking amazing. That said, I'm gonna stay out of this thread while EU enjoys it two days earlier.

ramyeon

Seems like they didn't give anyone codes. The manager of the EB I went to seemed confused as fuck and told me to call the customer service number.. who were also confused.
Oh man, sounds like someone messed up somewhere along the line.
I took a screenshot of the page when it went up. Hope it helps with the customer service reports:

C1iIGn4VQAA2Omi.jpg
Thanks for that! Sent that through with my Facebook message.

wapplew

So happy this is finally coming out! I hope the challenges are a bit harder than they are in the original Gravity Rush, since that was one of my favourite parts of the game. Getting up early to pick this up tomorrow :3

Hope its okay to post in here, but over the last month or so i've been busy making this Diamond Painting(100's of tiny plastic squares) thing of some GR2 art. It's not perfect, but its pretty much the best that i can do.

xj6TLKP.jpg

That's dedication...

Gotta thank LotusHD again for the recent thread that finally got me to try the GR2 demo, because from there I was pretty smitten. Preordered it this week, and also bought GRR to play through while I wait for the sequel to unlock. So much fun and a nice change of pace for me (I usually play first-person games).

I'll be interested to hear if anyone figures out what triggers the unlocking of certain costumes in GR2. I'm thinking I should probably complete the main story in GRR first.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'll be interested to hear if anyone figures out what triggers the unlocking of certain costumes in GR2. I'm thinking I should probably complete the main story in GRR first.

They're unlocked for specific missions in the main story, at least the GR2 specific costumes are. The costumes from GR:R and from pre-ordering should be available from the get go.

Some of the GR2 costumes are awarded for getting a certain amount of Dusty Tokens as well,
such as School Outfit 1.0 and the original outfit Kat wore in GR.

LotusHD

Banned
Gotta thank LotusHD again for the recent thread that finally got me to try the GR2 demo, because from there I was pretty smitten. Preordered it this week, and also bought GRR to play through while I wait for the sequel to unlock. So much fun and a nice change of pace for me (I usually play first-person games).

No problem dude! I actually just love that you just went all in on the franchise, you really are smitten lol

Some of the GR2 costumes are awarded for getting a certain amount of Dusty Tokens as well,
such as School Outfit 1.0 and the original outfit Kat wore in GR.

Ah, slightly irksome that the costumes you can unlock are stuff from the old game, but oh well. Hopefully there's still some costumes in the game that I have yet to know about lol

ClearData

Jesus i can't wait for this game... I can't believe it's here.

"Here" is relative as it won't be out until the 20th for us North Americans. I have to read the joyous posts of other gaffers as I wait. Now I know how the other half feels when we get the earliest release date!

LotusHD

Banned
Ah, my thread finally got closed.

Ah well, hope everyone that it inspired to try out Gravity Rush enjoys the game(s) lol

"Here" is relative as it won't be out until the 20th for us North Americans. I have to read the joyous posts of other gaffers as I wait. Now I know how the other half feels when we get the earliest release date!

It's payback for all the times Australia / Europe had to wait for a game to be released despite it releasing in North America months before. It's fantastic :p

LotusHD

Banned
Random note: Been looking just a tiny bit of the gameplay footage out there, and I just love the way Kat says Cecie's name lol

Ah, my thread finally got closed.

Ah well, hope everyone that it inspired to try out Gravity Rush enjoys the game(s) lol

I already have 2 preordered for Friday and I just platinum'd remastered after picking it up during the PSN holiday sale. :D

Really enjoyed it and I'm hyped to pick up GR2 this Friday.

Time for more doing more questionable favors without asking questions ever!!

Have no intention to play the first one (my loss) so that recap video was great! story looks like some typical anime stuff in parts but also really intesting in other ways.

Have seen a lot of gameplay from that 1.5hs that Eurogamer did about this one and convinced me to get it (plus their review and others like IGN and Gamespot said some things that sounded right up my alley). It looks like a really entertaining game filled with gorgeous visuals, original mechanics and charm all around (including fantastic music).

Really excited to play it!

LotusHD

Banned
I already have 2 preordered for Friday and I just platinum'd remastered after picking it up during the PSN holiday sale. :D

Really enjoyed it and I'm hyped to pick up GR2 this Friday.

Time for more doing more questionable favors without asking questions ever!!

I've already seen a few that follow that trend, with one of them having a pretty humorous ending lol

I've already seen a few that follow that trend, with one of them having a pretty humorous ending lol

I just hope it does decently sales wise. As I said recently in the Yakuza 0 thread, releasing Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza0, RE7, Nioh, and Horizon all within a month of each other is so dumb.

It's really ridiculous, especially considering the only big PS exclusive we had during this last holiday season was TLG...... I mean I'm not saying rush things but I hope they're not just delaying some games cause they don't want to compete against mainstream heavy hitters like CoD or Battlefield 1 during the holidays.

Because delaying them to avoid CoD or BF1 only to end up competing against freaking Resident Evil and a bunch of other big niche titles is not gonna work.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
3 chapters left in the first game. Should finish before Friday. Story gets pretty interesting. Glad I played it on ps4 after owning it on Vita and never finishing it.

So I'm actually into the first one now, played a bit a few months ago and stopped after the intro. Now that I'm really taking it in, it's a very pleasant game with fun mechanics, great art and especially music. Like holy crap this soundtrack!

Sign me up for the second as soon as I'm done with this one.

muteki

Urgh, looks like I got bumped from the first shipment from amazon, and now I'm looking at the 27th....may just say screw the 20% and go digital.

So I'm actually into the first one now, played a bit a few months ago and stopped after the intro. Now that I'm really taking it in, it's a very pleasant game with fun mechanics, great art and especially music. Like holy crap this soundtrack!

Sign me up for the second as soon as I'm done with this one.
The soundtrack makes good studying and relaxing music. Especially the full piano rendition from tgs 2015

Rainy

Banned
Urgh, looks like I got bumped from the first shipment from amazon, and now I'm looking at the 27th....may just say screw the 20% and go digital.

Oh really? Damn I just put in my preorder so I'll be the 27th too then...dammit.

Slide is better than demo, still too much camera movement when turning, take time to get used to it.

Small movements are the order of the day when you're Gravity Sliding. You turn much more quickly than you'd think you would, so you have to be gentle. And never touch the camera manually, because you'll just screw yourself up almost immediately. Definitely takes some getting used to, but as long as you've got a reasonably clear path ahead of you you can move around really quickly. It took me about five tries to get the second Newspaper Delivery challenge, but after that I feel like I've pretty much got it down, and I beat the three star time by about eight or nine seconds.

wapplew

Small movements are the order of the day when you're Gravity Sliding. You turn much more quickly than you'd think you would, so you have to be gentle. And never touch the camera manually, because you'll just screw yourself up almost immediately. Definitely takes some getting used to, but as long as you've got a reasonably clear path ahead of you you can move around really quickly. It took me about five tries to get the second Newspaper Delivery challenge, but after that I feel like I've pretty much got it down, and I beat the three star time by about eight or nine seconds.

Cool tip. Haven't touch any challenge mission yet, game is huuuuuge. Side missions are fun, they do mix up the game a lot.

Top Bottom