• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

So how do I do the whole mining trench thing with the layers and what not?
When you see the notification of a gravity storm occurring, go there with the mining guy and you'll see a swirling ball of pinkish/redish energy and that is the entrance. Once inside, you have to find those tablets with the pink letters and complete the task. Once you do, you can go down to the next level.

It is pretty simple and easy.

LotusHD

Banned
When you see the notification of a gravity storm occurring, go there with the mining guy and you'll see a swirling ball of pinkish/redish energy and that is the entrance. Once inside, you have to find those tablets with the pink letters and complete the task. Once you do, you can go down to the next level.

It is pretty simple and easy.

Awesome, thanks

Humdinger

I'm around Ch. 14 or so. I've enjoyed 90% of it, though some parts have been annoying/frustrating. Some of the dialog is laugh out loud funny, at least to me. So ridiculous (in a good way). The story is entertaining if a bit incoherent, although that doesn't bother me (I don't take the story seriously and don't expect it to make a lot of sense).

In terms of criticisms: 1) leveling up doesn't feel as rewarding as in the first game, somehow. 2) Sometimes the action on the screen is a little too frantic and busy for me. 3) An occasional sidequest has been more frustrating than fun.

I managed to jump off of... nothing lol
AWYjGm0.gif
I think gravity kicking a wall and then jumping right after lets you get a jump off in midair. Gotta do some more tests later.

deanote666

I need some help getting the high winds trophy...

I've replayed episodes 18 and 19 multiple times and the trophy is still not popping up... I've taken out more than 10 enemies...

Raven figma lookin' pretty good.

R1D40Tp.jpg
What hobby sites would anyone recommend for properly obtaining Figma figurines? I've never ordered these types of items before so I possess no expert knowledge about how to tackle them as a potential hobby. I think most stores often have the stipulation that you shouldn't cancel an order once it has been placed otherwise risk being banned from the respective website, but that's about it!

tsundoku

What hobby sites would anyone recommend for properly obtaining Figma figurines? I've never ordered these types of items before so I possess no expert knowledge about how to tackle them as a potential hobby. I think most stores often have the stipulation that you shouldn't cancel an order once it has been placed otherwise risk being banned from the respective website, but that's about it!

Amiami is generally solid

that raven figma face is.. though.. not great, I was eriously considering getting the set..
she looks like a bratz doll

Does Gravity Crow come with the nightgale mask D:

Gravidee

Amiami is generally solid

that raven figma face is.. though.. not great, I was eriously considering getting the set..
she looks like a bratz doll

Does Gravity Crow come with the nightgale mask D:

Not sure what to say about this. Looks pretty accurate to me. Maybe you're just not used to Raven smiling?

I liked that choir song at the end, does it have a name? Anyone know if that was written for the game or if it's a "real life" song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHl8bfuBth8&t=163m50s (Spoilers!)

It's called "A Red Apple" according to the full OST descriptions.

https://www.gravityrushcentral.com/...ws-for-the-4-cd-soundtrack-of-gravity-rush-2/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdl5CdYX-sM

The 4 disc OST release is next week I think, that version you linked is on it I'm pretty sure.

jacobeid

Banned
Can anyone give me a list of the best side missions? I'm about to head into mission 21 and want to clean up side missions before then but many have been such a drag :/

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just got the plat! :D

How hard is it to get the Platinum? I don't do it for a lot of game, especially large games with tons of collecting or tedious trophies but GR2 seems fairly doable with the hardest trophies seeming to be finishing all the challenge missions with gold medals and the huge gem collecting one but I've already collected a metric fuckton of gems just flying around so I'm not too worried about that.

Wow. Not played this since Yakuza 0 came out, played it again and made from progress.

I mean I think so. I may have put in Drakengard by mistake, judging by Chapter

Incidentally, the chapter before that has some incredible music. Love the soundtrack to this game.

Just beat the main campaign, holy shit what a ride.
That final boss was absolutely insane and not what I was expecting. Poor Kali, she went through a real rough time.
Can't wait to delve into some of the post game stuff (hope it isn't too bare bones) and see how everything is wrapped up.

Kindekuma

Banned
Just beat the main campaign, holy shit what a ride.
That final boss was absolutely insane and not what I was expecting. Poor Kali, she went through a real rough time.
Can't wait to delve into some of the post game stuff (hope it isn't too bare bones) and see how everything is wrapped up.

What if I told you that the main boss
isnt the main boss.

Thanks!

What do you all think about the visuals? The city area looks just incredible to me. The textures and lighting, the 'smog' effect (or is it just fog?) it looks so good to me. That area kind of reminds me of the final level in House of the Dead 2.
I like it. The only thing is when you're flying toward a town and how it looks sometimes texture wise.

How hard is it to get the Platinum? I don't do it for a lot of game, especially large games with tons of collecting or tedious trophies but GR2 seems fairly doable with the hardest trophies seeming to be finishing all the challenge missions with gold medals and the huge gem collecting one but I've already collected a metric fuckton of gems just flying around so I'm not too worried about that.
Pretty simple. There was nothing notably difficult or anything. Just the grind for gems and fully leveling Kat.

I just beat it and got the true ending. I had to youtube the last cutscene with Raven because the autosaving black screen popped up and I couldn't see shit. Same thing happened on the finisher against
Electricitie
. Looking forward to the Raven dlc. You can totally see why she is a
better miner
than Kat with that moveset.

I did all side missions, just need to get deeper in the trenches and collect more gems to level Kat up for Plat. I didn't have too many issues with the side missions, ones that restrict your powers did get annoying, but I really liked how every side mission basically was a "slice of life" kind of story. Really makes you feel that there are characters living in these cities. I think they are worth it, contrary to people who say to skip them, if you want to just learn more and get a better feel of the atmosphere of the game. Plus Kat is pretty much up there as one of the best female protagonists ever. And I thought it was really interesting to play from a perspective of a really feminine character. I feel most main female videogame characters really try to avoid the feminine aspect and avoid seeming too "girly" but Kat embraces it. And this is coming from a guy who's favorite things in entertainment involves punching things really fast and yelling your special move out like Hokuto No Ken and Jojo's, so it was quite the experience playing both GR games.

LotusHD

Banned
I did all side missions, just need to get deeper in the trenches and collect more gems to level Kat up for Plat. I didn't have too many issues with the side missions, ones that restrict your powers did get annoying, but I really liked how every side mission basically was a "slice of life" kind of story. Really makes you feel that there are characters living in these cities. I think they are worth it, contrary to people who say to skip them, if you want to just learn more and get a better feel of the atmosphere of the game. Plus Kat is pretty much up there as one of the best female protagonists ever. And I thought it was really interesting to play from a perspective of a really feminine character. I feel most main female videogame characters really try to avoid the feminine aspect and avoid seeming too "girly" but Kat embraces it. And this is coming from a guy who's favorite things in entertainment involves punching things really fast and yelling your special move out like Hokuto No Ken and Jojo's, so it was quite the experience playing both GR games.

Completely agree. Some of them aren't perfect in terms of gameplay, but the majority of them have scenarios/stories worth experiencing imo

And yea, Kat's pretty much my favorite protagonist atm, regardless of gender.

I fucking hate this mission with the movie shoot. I don't think I'm gonna bother with any more side missions after this shit, just finish the story and be done with it.

Number45

I fucking hate this mission with the movie shoot. I don't think I'm gonna bother with any more side missions after this shit, just finish the story and be done with it.
It's a real shame that the design of a LOT of the side missions is poor from a gameplay perspective, because they add great flavour to the world.

EDIT: Kind of want the audio of Kat's surprised sound from the comic panels as a text message alert. :D

Intel_89

I really hate the stealth missions in this game, for the most part it feels that you either follow a specific route that some times is hard to spot or you'll fail.

Top Bottom