• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Came across this earlier lol

mjYcaxY.png

I always try to fit Kat in the photo just for fun. Have all these poses, better not waste 'em.
I'm always focused on finding the best angle for the pic so I don't include Kat. It would just make things more difficult to try and angle Kat in the right way too.

HZD better be damn good if Kat isn't gonna be a mascot for Sony. Kat is such a good character, man. Don't waste the charm and appeal!
Kat is my absolute fav. Aloy can be a great runner up.

I started out including Kat in my hunt photos but I later started pushing the boundaries of how far away I take the photo from, which usually means Kat is just floating in air 45m away from the chest and not very photogenic. So my hunt photos have become purely utilitarian...

Milijango

I started out including Kat in my hunt photos but I later started pushing the boundaries of how far away I take the photo from, which usually means Kat is just floating in air 45m away from the chest and not very photogenic. So my hunt photos have become purely utilitarian...

Yeah... max possible distance, whole building in frame, get a landmark in the background, send it off. Oh well.

The tripod does push the frame out a bit so you can sometimes use it to get a little more distance.

I'd say Kat's in the majority of my shots. I am the 1%.

For treasure hint pics specifically, I try to set up the widest shot I can with some sort of local reference point (depending on how obvious the area is - gotta have some challenge) and then have her doing something funny or clever, as a way to hopefully make it more interesting to the recipient. Taking and receiving treasure pics and regular ol' open-world photo ops is the best. I just wish more people submitted pics.

On that note, fuck hunts in Lei Elgona. Everything there looks way too similar, and too many people take terribly framed shots. I just ignore them, for the most part.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

mjYcaxY.png

I always try to fit Kat in the photo just for fun. Have all these poses, better not waste 'em.

I can always find out the chests, when the pictures have Kat in it. Pictures of the chest only are always purposely vague and impossible to find.

Milijango

On that note, fuck hunts in Lei Elgona. Everything there looks way too similar, and too many people take terribly framed shots. I just ignore them, for the most part.

The stuff near the water tower and the main landmass is alright. The 50+ peripheral buildings that are literally all the same 3 models repeated - those are criminal.

I'm always focused on finding the best angle for the pic so I don't include Kat. It would just make things more difficult to try and angle Kat in the right way too.
Including Kat can be handy when the treasure chest is attached to something from the bottom. Her hair going the other direction is a great way to clue someone into that at a glance. And, yeah, the tripod having a baked-in zoom out can be helpful too.

I try to include Kat in my treasure chest photos as long as it doesn't block too much, although I have eased back on that a bit over the past few days.

Also: thanks, everyone! I would never have guessed that I'd be able to break the 2,000 Dusty Token mark, and here I am past 5K and quickly approaching 6K! The challenges seem like they've slowed down a lot, which is okay since my skills have kind of atrophied after finishing the campaign, but I still give everything that comes in a fair shot, and I'm addicted to treasure hunts.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm 100 tokens away from getting the last costume, Shifter 1.0. I should just knock it out now.

NEVERMIND I got it just by logging on lol

Ramenman

guys I started this the other weekend and I don't want to make a superlong write-up but I need to mention how it's fucking incredible.

It's like GR1 but better in everyway, looks freaking incredible (i'm playing on pro), and the music is stellar.

DAMN.

Y'all know that you can still move around (e.g. away from the camera) while in tripod mode, right?

Only if you're not floating, and unless you do goofy things like backflip out of frame you get knocked out of camera mode entirely pretty easily.

Most of my hunt camera shots are taken while floating for best positioning. I've done tripod mode a few times but most of the time this just obstructs too much of the shot.

Only if you're not floating, and unless you do goofy things like backflip out of frame you get knocked out of camera mode entirely pretty easily.

Most of my hunt camera shots are taken while floating for best positioning. I've done tripod mode a few times but most of the time this just obstructs too much of the shot.

For most of mine, I end up positioning the camera sort of on the ground behind the apple, so that it shows up only a tiny bit in frame, to get a wider angle on the surroundings. And then have Kat being goofy off to the side.

Ferr986

mjYcaxY.png

Depending on the location, I may put or not Kat in the pic, if there's enough space, but it's not mandatory.

Nothing worse than a hunt pic with the chestand Kat... and not anything else to help you know where the chest is...

... well yes, a pic with only the chest, without a point of reference and without Kat is even worse lol

daveo42

Banned

mjYcaxY.png

I try and put Kat in pretty much every treasure hunt video. The thing that's really the issue is some people don't know what recognizable landmarks are.

Labolas

Man, okay, I'm actually coming around on this game. Later half of game is so much fun. Especially the
Kali
boss fight. I want the epilogue to have the same type of fun.

Early part of the game is fun but I think doing some of the side missions hurt my enjoyment for it early on.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Still early on but diving through the clouds into the shanty town beneath the main city was really cool. I didn't even realize it was there and then Kat basically agreed with that as she said about the same thing. Really loving the game so far. I'm trying to power through it but I'll be honest and say I just spent the last hour flying around collecting gems so I could power Kat up lol.

Picked this up today since I finished Yakuza 0, hopefully I can finish this before tuesday since I want to play Berserk. Just as much fun as the first game so far, glad I got it.

Hi, Gravity GAF! I had two questions re: GR2 which I was looking to pick up soon. I played the remaster about a month ago, and really enjoyed it. I got the Platinum and 100% on all the DLCs, so I was really surprised that I've had a rough time with the controls and aiming in the demo, even though I've replayed the demo quite a few times. (It dented my ego, obviously, I thought I'd become one with gravity!) The aiming reticule in GR1 was big, but it really helped, especially when you're very quickly moving from point to point with a challenge. It was instantly identifiable, and read well, regardless of the color of the background. The newer version is more aesthetically pleasing, but the line is so thin, and doesn't really stand out when you're moving quickly or on enemies, especially if Kat is in Lunar style mode or against a blue sky. I don't suppose there is way to change it back to the GR1 version in the non-demo version? Has anyone else had similar problems? I'm assuming levelling up Kat's skills will help a bit, but I really miss the quick and easy readability of the old aiming reticule.

I was also wondering if there are a few chapters that continue in the trend of the more surreal rift/tree levels from the first game. They were some of my favorite moments in GR1, I was hoping there would be more of it. Dat art direction and soundtrack.

Hi, Gravity GAF! I had two questions re: GR2 which I was looking to pick up soon. I played the remaster about a month ago, and really enjoyed it. I got the Platinum and 100% on all the DLCs, so I was really surprised that I've had a rough time with the controls and aiming in the demo, even though I've replayed the demo quite a few times. (It dented my ego, obviously, I thought I'd become one with gravity!) The aiming reticule in GR1 was big, but it really helped, especially when you're very quickly moving from point to point with a challenge. It was instantly identifiable, and read well, regardless of the color of the background. The newer version is more aesthetically pleasing, but the line is so thin, and doesn't really stand out when you're moving quickly or on enemies, especially if Kat is in Lunar style mode or against a blue sky. I don't suppose there is way to change it back to the GR1 version in the non-demo version? Has anyone else had similar problems? I'm assuming levelling up Kat's skills will help a bit, but I really miss the quick and easy readability of the old aiming reticule.

As far as I can tell, there's no reticule customization. While I can't say that I had the exact problem you're describing, I did have some trouble adjusting to GR2 at first, having also played GR:R just prior. It didn't take long to feel totally natural, though. Better, even.

I was also wondering if there are a few chapters that continue in the trend of the more surreal rift/tree levels from the first game. They were some of my favorite moments in GR1, I was hoping there would be more of it. Dat art direction and soundtrack.

While not exactly the same setup as the Rift Trees, there are similar areas and events. The awesomely surreal stuff is out in full force, though, and the art direction is best-in-class, imo.

As far as I can tell, there's no reticule customization. While I can't say that I had the exact problem you're describing, I did have some trouble adjusting to GR2 at first, having also played GR:R just prior. It didn't take long to feel totally natural, though. Better, even.

While not exactly the same setup as the Rift Trees, there are similar areas and events. The awesomely surreal stuff is out in full force, though, and the art direction is best-in-class, imo.

Fantastic, it's great to hear that the controls feel improved and that gloriously surreal areas are back. I have found aiming in the demo to be a bit of a shock after feeling so comfortable with GR:R, so maybe I'll give it a break for a bit and come back to it.

God, Delvool layer 18. I don't think I did it right (abused
panther
mode lol) but after that it was clear sailing to 22, which I'm currently trying to figure out.

Roubjon

God, Delvool layer 18. I don't think I did it right (abused
panther
mode lol) but after that it was clear sailing to 22, which I'm currently trying to figure out.

Did you ever get the Tablet that asks you to kill 5 enemies with one throw? Does it want you to go into Jupiter Form and create a big ball and kill 5 nevi at once? I tried it and couldn't do it so I had to leave :(

Did you ever get the Tablet that asks you to kill 5 enemies with one throw? Does it want you to go into Jupiter Form and create a big ball and kill 5 nevi at once? I tried it and couldn't do it so I had to leave :(

That's the one I stopped on, too. Haven't gone back to mess with it again, but I figured that that was what they were asking for.

Yes, I used a debris ball. A vortex throw might work too, but a charged normal pitch did not work.

Today has been pretty productive. Got the last pieces of furniture I needed, got to 6000 Dusty Tokens, completed the collections, and finally got the Platinum.

There is an in game notification stating there is a server maintenance and game patch coming on 2/20.

I checked my Dusty Tokens before bed last night and found I had passed 10,000 without actually being on this week yet. lol

More reward tiers pls

Labolas

Panther mode
is so fun. This is what was needed to make the game more fun. Especially a game like this. Btw, what's the conditions for getting it? I'm not 100% clear on how to get it.

Panther mode
is so fun. This is what was needed to make the game more fun. Especially a game like this. Btw, what's the conditions for getting it? I'm not 100% clear on how to get it.

There are scripted times and it seems when you spend enough time in a fight/take enough damage it will trigger.

There isn't anything you can do to get those gravity phenomena to come up, right? You just have to wait? May end up being the last trophy I need but I might have to wait a few more days for them to show up....

Labolas

There are scripted times and it seems when you spend enough time in a fight/take enough damage it will trigger.

Okay, that's what I figured. Just, just finished the game btw. What a great game. Enjoyed my time with it. It has a lot of heart.
There's a Bayonetta like section where you controlled Raven, she reminds me a lot of Jeanne
. It's way more enjoyable than something like AAA title.

Top Bottom