• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Actually beat the game today.
Completely floored with how it kept going and going after the first set of credits. I was especially impressed by just how each chapter kept one upping the last in terms of pure insanity. As much as I was happy with the 'first ending', I was disappointed that the princess mystery hinted at in the first game was seemingly ignored so I was very happy with how everything tied up nicely.

I see a lot of hate for the side missions in here which is sad because as some others have said, they really do add a lot to the amazing world in terms of character building and the general slice of life angle a lot of missions went for. I honestly have to give the quest designers props for the sheer amount of variation in the gameplay seen in the quests, even if some of them are admittedly clunky in places. My favourite mission was the Ace Attorney reminiscent investigation complete with Kat's finger pointing 'Objection!' (I'm gonna pretend that was an intentional reference...) There were only a couple of missions that really felt out of place or just there for the sake of it, like what even was that pissing dog one lol?

Overall, having played this game almost straight after playing the original for the first time, I must say I had a much better time with the sequel, even if they're both amazing games in their own rights. I think that between the amazing cast, music, general gameplay and world, GR2 may end up being one of my all time greats and I'm rooting for a sequel
which the ending definitely left room for.

bryanee

Just did the Shadows on Shadows mission. Fucking hell that drove me nuts. Maybe I was being stupid and just thinking way to hard about what ways to go about it.

Hopefully we'll get the a date for the Raven dlc soon. March might be packed with good games, but once the dlc comes out that's the only thing i'll be playing.

Really hope it has a good amount of extra trophies too.

Wow, finally beat it.

I'm gonna miss Kat 😭😞😞

This series really got to me. Kat is easily one of my favorite video game characters ever. It's a shame we're only gonna get these two games, huh? I can't believe we got a such a huge and wonderful sequel.

Kindekuma

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;230690857 said:
It'd be cool if they let you play as Raven outside of the DLC after you finish it.

I think they might let you. When you go to the costume selection menu, even after getting all outfits there's still a box with a / through it. I'm holding onto the idea they might allow you to swap Kat and Raven after beating the DLC.

LotusHD

Banned
Or Nier crossover costume!! *i can dream*

I've been summoned:

C2TIydMVIAQeDSW.jpg

alittlelove

Neo Member
I'm in the middle of the second Battle Nurse quest and... ffs, I play this game so I could fly everywhere, not so I have to do precision jumping and not roll off a cliff.

Alright, I think I've actually finally finished the game now. It was a hell of a ride, just kept going and the highs were much higher than the first game, but some of the lows, man. The stealth missions, the camera angles, the final bosses, there were some frustrating parts. And the storytelling is definitely like the first, where things just seem to happen constantly and out of nowhere.

Definitely going to go for the plat though. How grindy are the gem collecting/max up Kat trophies to get? Any tips?

EDIT: So, apparently to get the trophy for getting all powers requires about 87,000 precious gems in total. I have 36,010 after completing the game, doing all sidequests, getting gold on all challenges and just general flying around.

*sigh*

MikeDown

Banned
Strongly considering buying the OST from CDjapan, but with the shipping it is a tad expensive. Decided to replay the game, enjoying it much more as I know which sidequests I want to avoid. Really wish they would have
expanded the final chapter a bit more, there was some really interesting content in there. Would love for them to expand upon Eto and give a little more background to Elektricitie & The Destructive Force. When playing, Elektricite didn't really strike me as someone who was evil, like her personality is more chaotic, being somewhat like a force of nature. And only after being stuck in the crystal was she happy to go along with Cia's plan to attack Hekseville.

Christhor

Beat the game today, absolutely loved it, the finale is one of the best in any game I've ever played personally. The story up until
you get to Hekseville
was pure garbage though, it felt like some GTA esque satire but they were treating it seriously. Loved the game overall though, unlike some others in the thread I loved all the side quests (with the exception of the one where you're protecting a store).

The story from the first game was still better though and nothing in this game beats going down the pillar in the first game.

Auctopus

So, is this game going to get a second print?

Despite being one of my most anticipated title this year, I chose real-life responsibilities over gaming this January and now the game is £90 at Amazon (UK) with seemingly its last bit of stock? I'd really like to have this physically.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So, is this game going to get a second print?

Despite being one of my most anticipated title this year, I chose real-life responsibilities over gaming this January and now the game is £90 at Amazon (UK) with seemingly its last bit of stock? I'd really like to have this physically.

Odd, still in stock at normal price in the U.S.

LotusHD

Banned
Kat's butt is going to need some pants for that costume, it's already sooo big.

I'm sure they'll make it more form-fitting lol

Now I just need 2B to get something from this game.

Also feel free to put this in the OT, or use it for yourselves lol
GJyAh0N.png

Finally finished the main story!

Man, I cried manly tears here. Great to see most of the questions answered, but sad to see this is probably it for Kat and the series, baring some miracle.

Controls were a bit loose, which did effect the game at some points requiring precise jumps/.etc.

But overall, I loved it. Art is amazing, music is just incredible, and all the characters were memorable. Loved the game, and can't wait for the Raven DLC to drop!

DylanEno

What are the odds of us getting that 9B costume? 👀

Alright it's been a month. What's your favorite song (Yes just 1) from the OST?

It's certainly Night Gale for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08NEp-HawU
Night Gale 100%. It's a perfect evolution of Bloody Claws - Raven's transformation from rival / antagonist to badass hero. It plays in the most epic moment of the game and... I'm getting chills just thinking about the trumpets, the strings, the guitar and the sequence. <333

Nydius

I love Amazon Japan.
Two days from Ichikawa to my front door in Virginia.
My CC says it was only $41.18 after conversion. Not bad at all.

Alright it's been a month. What's your favorite song (Yes just 1) from the OST?

It's certainly Night Gale for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08NEp-HawU

I have to go with "Fundamental Forces". It's not in that list but it's on the PSN 15 track version and the 4 disc retail version. It's the culmination of everything that's happened with a mash up of all the important character themes as they're part of the battle which the music accompanies.

DylanEno

I love Amazon Japan.
Two days from Ichikawa to my front door in Virginia.
My CC says it was only $41.18 after conversion. Not bad at all.

I have to go with "Fundamental Forces". It's not in that list but it's on the PSN 15 track version and the 4 disc retail version. It's the culmination of everything that's happened with a mash up of all the important character themes as they're part of the battle which the music accompanies.
How'd you get it so cheap? Looking on Amazon Japan, I can't seem to find it for less than $70.

Top Bottom