• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 Review Thread

madmackem

Is this priced stupidly in other countries or just the Uk. £46 isn't going to sell well here.
Give it a week or two it will drop pretty quickly here regardless of reviews it's a niche title and will sell as such, hope I can hold off till it drops yakuza should help.

These are better than I was expecting. I should beat GR 1 Remastered now...

Might wait till price drops a little, but it depends on how quickly I get through GR1 and whether I'm super busy with anything else at the time.

mollipen

Still reading through them all, but the IGN reviews notes it as a 30-40 hour campaign. Neat.

I beat it in just over 25 hours, but that was with me saving some of the side missions for post-ending. However, that also includes not a small (but not huge) amount of "look for crystals" time.

Sjefen

200.gif

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
That's the beauty of demos. You can all but ignore reviews outside GLARING issues popping up.

Having said that, 80s is a good score.

Everything for the future queen! Great scores so far, especially the outlets that hold a lot of personal weight with my preferences and views, so I'm feeling super confident.

Sony really have it together with GR2. If it fails, you can't say they didn't try. A demo up way in advance, nice and early reviews, this wonderfully informative thread by Lotus... Well okay, that last one isn't Sony (or is it?!).

As far as length goes, the USG reviews makes it sound like 30 hours if you were to do all the side content. The main campaign sounds like a hefty chunk of that, but maybe temper expectations in that regard a little. Only a little though! In all other ways, let your expectations soar and get ahead of yourself.

Sad that apparently they still don't utilize the gravity-shifting mechanics in any particularly clever ways, but I'm still really looking forward to playing this!

Hanmik

Still reading through them all, but the IGN reviews notes it as a 30-40 hour campaign. Neat.

lol ... like lol...

I can clearly see some people haven't finished the game yet..

thejimquisition said:
As far as content volume goes, Gravity Rush 2 is going to leave nobody starving. Aside from a campaign that’ll take at least a few hours to get through, there’s an almost overwhelming number of side missions and a whole range of gravity storms that Kat can keep visiting for ore and ability-enhancing talismans.

I have been playing for some days now .. haven't finished it yet (because the gameplay is to boring for me this time) and I guess the story part by itself has taken me about 6-8 hours.. and I know I am close to finish the story..

LotusHD

Banned
I beat it in just over 25 hours, but that was with me saving some of the side missions for post-ending. However, that also includes not a small (but not huge) amount of "look for crystals" time.

Ah, okay. I read yours afterwards, nice review!

Everything for the future queen! Great scores so far, especially the outlets that hold a lot of personal weight with my preferences and views, so I'm feeling super confident.

Sony really have it together with GR2. If it fails, you can't say they didn't try. A demo up way in advance, nice and early reviews, this wonderfully informative thread by Lotus... Well okay, that last one isn't Sony (or is it?!).

As far as length goes, the USG reviews makes it sound like 30 hours if you were to do all the side content. The main campaign sounds like a hefty chunk of that, but maybe tempt expectations in that regard a little. Only a little! In all other ways, let your expectations soar and get ahead of yourself.

If I am working for Sony, they owe me a paycheck lol

But yea, I suppose what they did for the game was fine enough in the end

mollipen

I have been playing for some days now .. haven't finished it yet (because the gameplay is to boring for me this time) and I guess the story part by itself has taken me about 6-8 hours.. and I know I am close to finish the story..

You might be wrong!

Considering how much of an improvement the game always looked compared to its predecessor, I'm surprised it's scoring in the same ballpark. Maybe even a little worse.

Still, the word is positive for the most part so that's nice.

How is £46 stupidly high?? Wtf
You can find around 44 but still wtf

It's not a great price. Before it's super price cut, TLG was listed similarly too, I'm not sure if this is a Brexit thing or what. I would typically never pay that price for a game though, and normally only see Game even try and advertise the price as such. £40 is much more normal and £36-38ish is your quick at locking in pre-orders in the right place and elaving them to simmer.

mollipen

how so..? how many Chapters are there? If you only play the story missions it will certainly not take 30-40 hours lol.

I mean about your being almost at the end.

Story missions alone won't take 30-40 hours, but also now way they'll take 6-8.

It's not a great price. Before it's super price cut, TLG was listed similarly too, I'm not sure if this is a Brexit thing or what. I would typically never pay that price for a game though, and normally only see Game even try and advertise the price as such. £40 is much more normal and £36-38ish is your quick at locking in pre-orders in the right place and elaving them to simmer.

£45-49 is standard for most new ps4 games i see here

I only recall a few jrpgs that came out around £40.

madmackem

£46 is not the normal price for the vast majority of physical games in the UK. Between £30-£40 is.
Rrp isn't that at all it's way higher, can't remember many full price titles launching at the £30 mark day one?. I would say the average price is £40 plus day one resident evil is around £42 for example and yakuza 0 is £40. First party titles normally launch a slightly higher price last guardian was £49.99 at launch.

Top Bottom