• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grubb Wrong Again, EA Debunks: Dead Space 2 Remake Canceled Rumor

Robochobo

3iCxtzz.gif

You have GOT to be shitting me.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I fucking hate EA….

I'm not an EA fan either, but how is it EA's fault if consumers aren't buying their quality products and are instead going for shit like Madden every year?

it sucks that modern consumers seem to all flock towards the micro-transaction filled garbage while quality games like DS don't get the sales they deserve.

Last edited:
First two games are brilliant imo and the IP has a lot of potential that will unlikely ever be met.

The devs would of been a good choice for Aliens if EA had the license

Last edited:

Darsxx82

There is little more disappointing and sad news than this for me.
A test of the reality of the industry and the tastes of the new generation of players..... DSRemake is one of the best or the best remake made by this generation and clearly it has not had the recognition it deserves.

Ulysses 31

Had to refund the game on steam because for some reason the game thought I had the aim button pressed the whole time. Gamepad didn't work either.

Only game I had this happen to.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
By saying Callisto was also shit you're implying that DS is shit, which is not. I think you might have hit your head really hard, go rest for a bit and stop posting nonsense.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

It was a bad single player game, so people not buying it is hardly a surprising thing. Don't use it as a barometer for people not buying any single player game.

Last edited:

stn

Well, that fucking sucks. I wasn't even aware they were doing a DS2 remake at all. I loved the hell out of the Remake even though I played the shit out of the OG back in the day. Huge bummer.

rm082e

The original Dead Space is one of my all time favorites. I was quite happy with the remake.

It's a bummer that we're not getting DS2, however the original version on PC scales really nicely with PC hardware. It looks pretty good running at 4k with a little reshade.

El Muerto

Everyone is waiting for it to hit EA Play, just like Jedi Survivor. Market is also saturated with reboots and remakes.

Fucking EA.
Pressing F for mass effect because no way in hell is dragon age gonna make its money back for bioware to continue doing big sp rpgs.

poodaddy

I'm not an EA fan either, but how is it EA's fault if consumers aren't buying their quality products and are instead going for shit like Madden every year?

it sucks that modern consumers seem to all flock towards the micro-transaction filled garbage while quality games like DS don't get the sales they deserve.
This. Hard to blame EA for this one. They bankrolled an incredible update to the original, though it had and still has major issues on PC. The game just didn't sell man....is EA supposed to bankroll the next out of the kindness of their hearts?

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Wait, changing the space bathrooms to gender neutral didn't help it sell more to the blue haired crowd? I thought for sure that would have made it a 10 million + seller.

Dead Space is my favorite horror series but I voted with my wallet. Between the pandering, the story changes, and the pc performance it was an easy skip.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Is EA Motive the main developer of Iron-Man? If so, it could have been much worse, since it sounded like they would be acting as a support studio for it (as he also mentioned Battlefield).

Top Bottom