• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grubb Wrong Again, EA Debunks: Dead Space 2 Remake Canceled Rumor

nial

Gold Member
But is it also space?
Serious About You GIF by Lokesh Gocher

angrod14

The first game is very good but a bit too stressful to play. Constant jump-scares all over the place, enemies coming from all sides with your character movement not being as great, and that invincible-regenerating enemy chasing you during several chapters.

I don't think horror games are too much of a great investment for companies. The most you can get away with is action-adventure games with horror elements (TLOU, Resident Evil 4, 5).

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Didn’t Battlefield 2042 bomb?? Haven’t the recent Need For Speeds been duds?

I guess Dead Space got shitcanned because they can’t sell a bunch of microtransactions with it.

And Callisto Protocol gets better as you power up your gear. It’s not going to rock your world, but it’s fun.

Last edited:

Ristifer

Didn’t Battlefield 2042 bomb?? Haven’t the recent Need For Speeds been duds?

I guess Dead Space got shitcanned because they can’t sell a bunch of microtransactions with it.

And Callisto Protocol gets better as you power up your gear. It’s not going to rock your world, but it’s fun.
Plot twist: They're going to skip 2 and remake DS3 so they can implement a ton of MTX.

Unsurprising. It was the safest, most boring remake possible. Thanks for adding the genderless bathrooms though!

Fortunately DS2 is accessible via Xbox BC and runs at 60fps so if you want your fix on current consoles, there ya go.
I liked the remake Chuck but thanks for giving me a reason to play DS2 again.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Plot twist: They're going to skip 2 and remake DS3 so they can implement a ton of MTX.
You're fucking wrong.

It'll be Dead Space Heroes.

A shitty wave based looter shooter where they can release new heroes every month.

Last edited:

JoduanER2

Unsurprising. It was the safest, most boring remake possible. Thanks for adding the genderless bathrooms though!

Fortunately DS2 is accessible via Xbox BC and runs at 60fps so if you want your fix on current consoles, there ya go.
Dead Space was one of my favorite games of all time, but somehow this remake didnt "click" with me. I think they should have made more changes to the original, still a great game but too "safe" for my taste... as most games nowadays ☹️

Although I'm 100% we will be experiencing a shift in game development moving towards new ideas instead of endless sequels. Why? Because we are seeing that this approach is more and more not working for game companies.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It’s pretty clear… I forgot on gamepass so I didn’t buy it. Not sure how you are confused about that.
That's not the problem. EA has their own sub service. They are comfortable with getting paid every month from GP users for their games. They get my sub money and I bought the game on deep sale.

This is a story of the game failing at retail.

My biggest hope was really for this to sell well so the team would hopefully get free rein to make a baller-ass new Dead Space game based on that engine and all. I assume they're getting kneecapped now and reshuffled to some depressing Redfall drivel within the year.

Valt7786

Fucking horseshit if it's true. That remake was perfect on every level and them handling the remake of 2 would have been divine.

GudOlRub

Neo Member
>EA should make sequels to awesome games like Mirror's Edge, Dead Space and Skate!
>Mirror's Edge - Doesn't sell.
>Dead Space - Doesn't sell.

Will they go 3/3 bros?
Perhaps the price was a bit too high, but it's honestly depressingly hilarious at this point, people complain about EA being greedy, then when they release an actually good single-player game without any mtx at all people do not buy it. Sometimes you just can't win...
Terrible day, I was truly hopeful that we'd get a remake 2 and a new 3rd game made completely new from the ground up. Especially considering dead space remake was so much better than REmake 3 and 4. Perhaps having a household name in the horror genre really makes a big difference.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I do. I'm tired of everything having to be open world. It's ok to be linear and just gave great gameplay and story.

There's a solution for this. Instead of buying one copy of these linear, 20 hr, one and done games...all of you start buying two copies. If everyone does that, you'll get your Dead Space 2s.

But until then, start hoping for better, more interesting open worlds because that's the only thing that really works in the modern market.

AgatonSax

Yeah well I was never as in awe with two as one. Too much action by far. The remake was very good but lost a bit of the original atmosphere with too many encounters.

Was hoping for a true original sequel though.

That sucks, my fault partially, I held off as the woke shit, was driving me away.
Maybe if EA stops including that shit, i would of bought at full price.
I got it 2 months ago for half off.

Glad I did, but damn. Also glad I got dead space on xbox x for backwards compat, plus my ps3 copies of the trilogy. Also have the wii game extraction.
Love this franchise but I don't support woke, ever, unless a deep sale.

All those people shitting on gaas games and demanding sp games and not going in day one for full price at fault.
Maybe if they didn't include woke shit in the game, and re-writing characters I would of paid full price. I was so hyped and then all that came out about it so I waited. Blame resetera types for forcing their ideology into existing games.

Everyone is waiting for it to hit EA Play, just like Jedi Survivor. Market is also saturated with reboots and remakes.
This, but also, its a remake, it shouldn't of cost that much to make, compared to a new game. Unless EA, like ubisoft, thinks all games need to make them multi-millons to be warranted. Shit games back in the 80s and 90s used to be good with 100k unit sales. I miss days of gaming being niche and mass marketed gaas wasn't a thing, and the people pushing it were just babes with a binkie.

Honestly, it's a cost issue more than a format/genre issue.

On the production/cost side, shit's gotten too bloated and the investor class expects too much. Top it off with some projects in which creatives outgoingly antagonizing portions of their potential customer base. If you are investing this much into a project, you need to minimize who you put off for bonehead reasons. To bring it over to the film industry, it's all about putting asses in seats while keeping the budget manageable.

AA and Indies can play their cards right with cost, still experiment, and make modest (compared to AAAs) success stories.

AAA is a rocky path right now and honestly, I think many companies are just making it worse for themselves.

Last edited:
Fuck 'em.

I paid full price day 1 on PC and unless I change my BIOS I can't even launch the game. After that it's still a stutter fest.

GreenAlien

The game has 33 000 reviews on steam.. Clearly, it sold well enough. Jedi Survivors has only 44 000, and that's with the Star Wars IP..

What did they expect? Helldivers 2 or Hogwarts Legacy numbers?

MikeM

That sucks, my fault partially, I held off as the woke shit, was driving me away.
Maybe if EA stops including that shit, i would of bought at full price.
I got it 2 months ago for half off.

Glad I did, but damn. Also glad I got dead space on xbox x for backwards compat, plus my ps3 copies of the trilogy. Also have the wii game extraction.
Love this franchise but I don't support woke, ever, unless a deep sale.
Whats woke in DSR? Serious- I didn’t notice anything.

Top Bottom