• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grubb Wrong Again, EA Debunks: Dead Space 2 Remake Canceled Rumor

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It sold as much as Callisto Protocol did in double that time, who would have thought

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Season 2 Smh GIF by The Lonely Island
One of the best skits of all time.

💰

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Callisto Protocol, while not a flawless game, had a lot of potential for a sequel being awesome... but nobody bought it.

I guess people voted with their wallets, then they complain when they get the same shit year after year.
Just finished Dead Space Remake last month... great game (I also played the original and the sequel) ...

Tried Callisto Protocol ... cludnt get past the 2 hour mark... boring combat with criptic non sencical history really turned me off

proandrad

If every game eventually comes to gamepass and psplus publishers need to reduce their sales expectations. Eventually this will lead to less AAA games, this game subscription shit is either going kill the big budget game market or get ready for $100+ per game.

Last edited:

Brigandier

Just finished Dead Space Remake last month... great game (I also played the original and the sequel) ...

Tried Callisto Protocol ... cludnt get past the 2 hour mark... boring combat with criptic non sencical history really turned me off

I recently played Callisto Protocol thanks to PSN, I managed to complete the game and have to say it was absolutely a 4/10 game.

Dead Space was different league shame the remake sold like shit (I assume).

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
That’s what you get when your release a stutter fest on PC
This. I know several people who just skipped it because it runs like ass on PC.

Don't want your Dead Space 2 remake if it's going to be the same thing. They can fuck off.

TGO

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

It was a bad single player game, so people not buying it is hardly a surprising thing. Don't use it as a barometer for people not buying any single player game.
Well it sold what Dead Space Remake did in Total in 3 weeks.
Are you saying Dead Space Remake was worse and it deserves it's sales too.
Either way Dead Space 2 Remake died so you can have your Battlefield & Iron Man.
Congratulations

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
It was to be expected. Dead Space isn't Resident Evil and EA sure as hell ain't Capcom.

Last edited:

violence

I played 15$ for EA play pro on pc to play it. I may have been part of the problem.

Dead Space 2 is better, bummer.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Forsooth, thine observation strikes the very heart, as if thou wert comparing a painting freshened with but a light brush, rather than reimagined with bold strokes anew. Verily, the endeavour was akin more to a touch of varnish than to the crafting of a masterpiece from the ground up.

Yet, even had they embarked upon a journey of more daring transformation, methinks the path would still have been fraught with peril. The assembly of souls loyal to such a cause, though fervent, numbers not enough to fill the ranks needed for a grand spectacle.

Let them count themselves fortunate, for in this age where tales oft fade into the shadows, they have been graced with a chance to tread the boards once more. To rekindle the flames of yore, though the hearth may not roar as it once did, is a blessing few are accorded.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well it sold what Dead Space Remake did in Total in 3 weeks.
Are you saying Dead Space Remake was worse and it deserves it's sales too.
Either way Dead Space 2 Remake died so you can have your Battlefield & Iron Man.
Congratulations

I feel like using the same gif in the post you quoted.

Not talking about sales, Callisto was a bad game. Dead Space wasn't.

FeralEcho

Callisto Protocol, while not a flawless game, had a lot of potential for a sequel being awesome... but nobody bought it.

I guess people voted with their wallets, then they complain when they get the same shit year after year.
I did my part,bought both Callisto and Dead Space but even though DS is one of my favourite series ever and the remake is a great game I disliked the changes compared to the original, it's inferior to the original in many ways.The Callisto Protocol was one of my favourite games of 2022 and between them both I prefer Callisto.

TGO

This. I know several people who just skipped it because it runs like ass on PC.

Don't want your Dead Space 2 remake if it's going to be the same thing. They can fuck off.
Dead Space could have not released on PC and it wouldn't have made a difference.
The amount sold on PC is literally the number they cut off to round off the number.

Also Jeff said KOTOR was cancelled and it's not.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Dead Space could have not released on PC and it wouldn't have made a difference.
The amount sold on PC is literally the number they cut off to round off the number.

Also Jeff said KOTOR was cancelled and it's not.
Look at the little troll. Isn't he adorable? He wants attention.

Interfectum

Slight correction: People voted with their wallets and then hardcore enthusiast with taste complain. Don't confuse the two... we all bought Dead Space, the idiot masses chose to buy Marshmallow skins on Fortnite.

Risky game to remake as it didn't sell well first time round.

I bought the original at launch I enjoyed it enough but not enough to replay it, I warned at the time of the remake announcement, it would feel like a chore retread and would want a new experience in the same style as DS1/DS2. Would not want to replay DS2 again either. I hoped that it would be good for new players as it was quite a while ago in 2008, thing is the OG still looks decent and the PC version can be played at high res, so a remake felt redundant to me.

The industry is chock full of remakes, remasters and this gen it was too much.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Never played Dead Space...but it feels liker this sub genre of games are just too niche for a company like EA to stomach.

"If it don't make dollars, it don't make cents". (sense)

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Extremely disappointing, that remake was great. I sincerely hope this is actually just a rumor and not anything true.

And to all the idiots complaining about gender neutral bathrooms, no DS4 or PC performance- you are all the pettiest fucks. 🖕

ungalo

Honestly don't care, the remake was fine, nothing more. DS2 still totally playable and enjoyable and i don't like the perspective of mediocre studios leeching off genuine good games of the past so EA can make some money.

Fbh

That's a shame.
Personally though I think they might have done better with a new game. Dead Space isn't big enough for people to want a remake.
Maybe a $40 DS1 and 2 remaster bundle and then an actual new game would have done better

Calisto reportedly sold over 2 million copies so it's not like no one bought it.
2 million is pretty good for a new IP that's also a 10 hours long linear game with a (IMO totally deserved) 69 metascore.

Not to mention Callisto should be a prime example to look into what the hell is going on with game budgets. I played maybe half of it before giving up and I've no idea how it cost 160+ million to make.
Shitty gameplay, boring linear level design, boring story, etc. Even the visuals weren't particularly impressive (at least on Ps5) aside from the highly detailed main character model.

Go_Ly_Dow

Do we have an indication how much it sold?

If they couldn't make a profit of a short, linear corridor game where the game design is the same from start to finish then it's quite baffling.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Especially so at release.

Honestly, I played it a year or change later when it was added to PS+ and still had frequent bugs and game breaking issues.

Make sense since basically most of the team was gutted shortly after the game came out, there was probably just a skeleton crew working on further patches and that DLC expansion they put out.

TGO

It went towards the visuals which are very nice. Too bad the rest was absolutely awful.
Half the budget was reportedly on sound design which was pretty damn good.

StereoVsn

Honestly, I played it a year or change later when it was added to PS+ and still had frequent bugs and game breaking issues.

Make sense since basically most of the team was gutted shortly after the game came out, there was probably just a skeleton crew working on further patches and that DLC expansion they put out.
Yeah, the release on PC was a complete shit show. Hell, Dead Space was a stutter fest on PC as well. Both games till have issues.

Stop releasing games that are having a lot of tech issues and then expect them to sell.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
silly fucks decided to do a remake instead of a new game.

If it was successful, we would have gotten remakes for 1, 2 and 3 instead of a new sequel from the ground up.

Last edited:
eh the remake didnt look like anything too special
and i really liked ds1 when it came out

shouldve waited for better tech before making the remake

TGO

silly fucks decided to do a remake instead of a new game.
Don't know if you actually know this but the Remake was a test the water's for a New Game, yes we would have had a DS2 and probably 3 but new DS would have came
mom son GIF

Top Bottom