• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GSL - Global Starcraft II League May 2011 Thread

Mairu

*About:
GOM TV presents LG Cinema 3D GSL May following GSL March.

64 Code S & Code A players, who were selected through the fierce competitions during GSL March and Code A preliminaries, are ready to battle it out to claim the title of the best. Just like GSL Mar., GSL May will present Code S and Code A matches and of course Up and Down matches to provide a chance for deserving players to claim spots in Code S.

LG Cinema 3D GSL May will run from April 18th to May 14th, 2011.

*Prize Pool (Approximately in USD):
Code S
Champion: $46,000
Runner-up: $18,000
Semifinalists: $4,600
Ro8: $2,800
Ro16: $1,800
Ro32: $1,400​
Code A
Champion: $1,400
Runner-up: $920
Semifinalists: $740
Ro8: $550
Ro16: $370
Ro32: $180​

*Map Pool:
Xel'Naga Fortress
Dual Sight
Xel'Naga Caverns
Metalopolis
Terminus SE
Tal'Darim Altar
Crevasse
Crossfire SE​

*Players:
Code S
Code A

Casters:
Code A casting by Doa and Moletrap.
Code S casting by Artosis and Tasteless.

Broadcast Schedule:
Apr 18, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code A Round of 32 Match 1 Match 2 Match 3 Match 4
Apr 19, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code S Round of 32 Group A Group B
Apr 20, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code A Round of 32 Match 1 Match 2 Match 3 Match 4
Apr 21, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code S Round of 32 Group C Group D
Apr 22, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code A Round of 32 Match 1 Match 2 Match 3 Match 4
Apr 23, 2011 14:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code S Round of 32 Group E Group F
Apr 25, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code A Round of 32 Match 1 Match 2 Match 3 Match 4
Apr 26, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code S Round of 32 Group G Group H

Apr 27, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code A Round of 16
Apr 28, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code S Round of 16
Apr 29, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code A Round of 16
Apr 30, 2011 14:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code S Round of 16

May 02, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code A Round of 8
May 03, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code S Round of 8
May 04, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code A Semi Final
May 05, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code S Round of 8

May 06, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code A Final
May 07, 2011 14:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code S Semi Final

May 09, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Up/Down Matches Group A/B
May 10, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Up/Down Matches Group C/D
May 11, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Up/Down Matches Group E/F
May 12, 2011 18:10 KST(GMT+9) - Up/Down Matches Group G/H

May 14, 2011 15:10 KST(GMT+9) - Code S Finals

GOMTV's Up to Date Schedule

*Brackets:
Code S
LS7Mc.png

Liquipedia Page for GSL May 2011 Code S

Code A
Liquipedia Page for GSL May 2011 Code A

*Streams:
GOMTV GSL Live Link
Stream Specifications:
Free
SQ : 250Kbps(Video)+64Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 512x288 / Minimum bandwidth required:350Kbps
Premium
SQ : 350Kbps(Video)+64Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 576x324 / Minimum bandwidth required: 450Kbps
HQ : 700Kbps(Video)+128Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 800x450 / Minimum bandwidth required:800Kbps

Live Stream requires the latest version of GOM Player

Buy the Premium Service

*Extra:
GSL Tournament Rules
GSL Series Computer Specifications
GOMTV.net Official GSL May 2011 Forum

Thanks Tntnnbltn for the sweet zerg/protoss/terran images <3

BigAT

Jinro hwaiting! Hopefully he is able to get off his skid, but he does have a relatively tough group.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Xyphie said:
Im curious what will be considered a GSL award if they ever do something like that.

You have to win more than 3 with the rate of tournys they pump out though. OSL only had 3 a year.

Cipherr

AdventureRacing said:
Win what? Hes in code A. Although at the moment i think he is the best.

GSL May will present Code S and Code A matches and of course Up and Down matches to provide a chance for deserving players to claim spots in Code S.

Is it not possible for a code A to win their way to the final game? I believe that it is.

jonremedy

Cipherr said:
Is it not possible for a code A to win their way to the final game? I believe that it is.

Code A players does not compete in this seasons Code S in any way. Next season, MVP might be able to reenter Code S if he places in the top 8 of Code A this season.

calder

Woot, not gonna lie, I'm going to miss the team matches a lot from the last few GSL events but I'm still excited for the best* SC2 matches around to start up again. Tastosis, I've missed you glorious bastards!

Who will take down MC? I'm going to go out on a limb and say he'll go out early and narrowly avoid relegation to Code A. Not basing that on current play so much as the fact highly favoured players have struggled in the group matches last few seasons (MVP, MKP etc).

*on the whole GSL still has more "omgwtfamazing" matches over a season than any other two tourneys/leagues combined. And it has Tastosis, who are worth $10 a month whether or not they are actually casting anything at all lol

Mairu

AdventureRacing said:
When is bomber finally going to get code A?
WHOOPS

url tag made bomber not show up, he's there now

edit: fixed the rest of the url tag errors, stupid quotation requirements. everyone should be there now

keuja

I may have bought a NASL premium pass but GSL is still my first love.
Not even watching the NASL VOD because downloading 1.5GB for just 1 match is just ridiculous :/

Mairu

keuja said:
I may have bought a NASL premium pass but GSL is still my first love.
Not even watching the NASL VOD because downloading 1.5GB for just 1 match is just ridiculous :/
XkLqa.png

I'm starting to wish they had a yearly subscription instead D:

Can't wait for another GSL and of course Tastosis.

MarineKing this is your tournament to win...... haha sorry..

It's time for Zergs to rise up again, Losira is my pick to take it.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
It would be extremely funny if MKP did make it to the finals.

Even if on paper he manages to face someone that he is a favorite against, he will probably crumble at the final hurdle again.

It is both funny and sad at the same time.

I have every event purchased except Season 1 because someone was uploading the Korean 720p vods to youtube and slapping the english commentary on top of it, so I didn't see the point :lol

TheCrow

I just really want to see him win at least one GSL so he put all those 2nd place finishes behind him. If he can make it out of Group D I think he has a great chance to get to the finals yet again.

TheCrow

This might be one of his best chances since MVP is in Code A. But being second place 3 times in the GSL is a feat in itself.

Edit: Damn, shouldn't have switch tabs before posting. and I want to say that he does have a tough group and I think MKP struggles in Best of 1 matches.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Code A is super stacked. So many great players. Up and down matches will be better than the tournament

Durante said:
Code A will be really interesting this time around, looking forward to seeing more of SlayerS_Min.
if he wins his first game he will most likely have MVP in his next.

predictions for code A top 8 anyone?

gonna be at least 4 Terran imo, MMA, Ryung, MVP and either Ganzi or Bomber, Boxer a good chance aswell to make it 5. Probably 3 toss, Ace and Squirtle and the last spot I can't really pick as its a battle between Choya,VanVanth,Brown and Keen never heard of the last two so I'll go with one of the 2 toss I have heard of to take that.

Mairu said:
WHOOPS

url tag made bomber not show up, he's there now

edit: fixed the rest of the url tag errors, stupid quotation requirements. everyone should be there now

Oh thats good. It's been a little annoying hearing them talk him up as this incredible player and not get to actually watch him.

-KRS-

DAMN YOU GAF!

You've gotten me hooked on watching StarCraft 2 pro-gaming now!

Oh well, this will be the first GSL related thing I follow live I suppose. Looking forward to it. Looks like there will be some intense matchups.

SleazyC

Anyone have a clue when the GomTV iPad app will be out? Thinking I'm going to buy iSwifter and just watch that way but would love to have a native app.

Top Bottom