• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GSL - Global Starcraft II League May 2011 Thread

Haunted said:
Oh god, again?

Too.. much...content..can't... watch.. it all!

Going to stick to TSL, NASL and foreigner matches in the GSL, I think. (Mostly because of better timeslots).

Thankfully GSL is in a good timeslot here in Australia so i don't have to bother with the garbage that is NASL.

Mairu

2.5 hours to go!

Tonight's matchups:

s5Rl8.png

ubT0N.png
MMA < Terminus SE >
wTHvX.png
TopClass
ubT0N.png
MMA < Xel'Naga Caverns >
wTHvX.png
TopClass
ubT0N.png
MMA < Crevasse >
wTHvX.png
TopClass

ubT0N.png
Hyperdub < Crossfire SE >
a0Blb.png
Line
ubT0N.png
Hyperdub < Crevasse >
a0Blb.png
Line
ubT0N.png
Hyperdub < Tal'Darim Altar LE >
a0Blb.png
Line

ubT0N.png
GanZi < Crevasse >
wTHvX.png
Nuts
ubT0N.png
GanZi < Metalopolis >
wTHvX.png
Nuts
ubT0N.png
GanZi < Terminus SE>
wTHvX.png
Nuts

ubT0N.png
Jjun < Crossfire SE >
ubT0N.png
Bomber
ubT0N.png
Jjun < Xel'Naga Fortress >
ubT0N.png
Bomber
ubT0N.png
Jjun < Dual Sight >
ubT0N.png
Bomber

Vaporak said:
Holy shit, team Terran in Code A is STACKED; if a Terran doesn't win Code A I'll be shocked.

MMA, bomber, MVP etc. I think there is going to be a few code S players looking over their shoulders come time for the up and down matches.

hamchan

Hyped. The NASL has just made me more hyped for the GSL; good production values hooray!

I won't bother making predictions because I always forget about them and miss a round.

Zen

Banned
Yeah, experiencing the NASL has made me appreciate GSL that much more.

GoM continues to have the best production values, matches (in my opinion), and casters. GSL + TSL for me, and then NASL when TSL is over and when I have some time to kill (hopefully they improve).

It is a bit of an unfair comparison GOM has a much bigger budget and staff as well as years of experience (they used to do broodwar stuff aswell if you didn't know).
However it is a massive dissapointment that NASL couldn't do even some of the simplist things right and took little notice of what everyone else is doing right and just ran with what they wanted.

Cipherr

hamchan said:
Hyped. The NASL has just made me more hyped for the GSL; good production values hooray!

This x1000000. Makes me appreciate quality streaming and good announcers. Cant wait for this.

scottnak

MMA v TopClass
Hyperdub v Line
GanZi v Nuts
Jjun v Bomber

And I'll gladly do the tallying again for this season. So no worries about that.

Du2andal

Banned
I hope they have gotten their vod player worked out this season. It was super annoying that I would pause a match and have the thing start back at the beginning with ads when I hit play again.

Aaron

Du2andal said:
I hope they have gotten their vod player worked out this season. It was super annoying that I would pause a match and have the thing start back at the beginning with ads when I hit play again.
They fixed it pretty soon after that error started happening. It's fine now.

pieatorium said:
It is a bit of an unfair comparison GOM has a much bigger budget and staff as well as years of experience (they used to do broodwar stuff aswell if you didn't know).

However it is a massive dissapointment that NASL couldn't do even some of the simplist things right and took little notice of what everyone else is doing right and just ran with what they wanted.

I really don't care. It's their own fault if they have these problems. If they ever manage to make a halfway decent tournament i will tune in but until then i won't waste my time.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
While these are some good code A games after coming from the GSTL, I would prefer Code S to start!

Oh well time for some not-tastosis action soon.

jersoc

this is the code A of leenock! His time has come.

thank god for gsl starting. Sad that we gotta wait for tomorrow for tastosis. At least we'll be able to understand code A now!

Corran Horn said:
While these are some good code A games after coming from the GSTL, I would prefer Code S to start!

Oh well time for some not-tastosis action soon.

Code A is definitely a much lower standard but i am looking forward to seeing more of the likes of MMA and bomber and other up and coming players.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
AdventureRacing said:
Code A is definitely a much lower standard but i am looking forward to seeing more of the likes of MMA and bomber and other up and coming players.
I honestly dont mind the quality of games in Code A, but the lack of casters that I care about. Ill give Doa/Moletrap a chance but last season I basically gave up on Code A half way through and only watched finals after.

Code A was really good last season, Losira's play was top code S worthy. This time round it's all about the terrans. Bomber, Ryung, MMA, MVP, Boxer .. hopefully they can all at least make the Ro8.

Does anyone know how the super-tournament qualification works? Is it just the current Code A + code S or will there be another qualification round?

Doa is good tbh. He's not analytical like Artosis, so he doesn't pick up on the small important details but he's better than a lot of what I heard in other events.

Vaporak

jersoc said:
my ticket isn't working :|
anyone else's not working too? can't use HQ stream.

edit:looks like im not alone.

I'm watching the HQ stream K-pop right now. But the audio is just static. :/

Aaron

It's up... but it's saying I haven't bought a ticket, even though when I go to the ticket page it says I already have a ticket. -_-

Mairu

STREAM IS UP! K-POP IS LIVE!

Tonight's matchups:

s5Rl8.png

ubT0N.png
MMA < Terminus SE >
wTHvX.png
TopClass
ubT0N.png
MMA < Xel'Naga Caverns >
wTHvX.png
TopClass
ubT0N.png
MMA < Crevasse >
wTHvX.png
TopClass

ubT0N.png
Hyperdub < Crossfire SE >
a0Blb.png
Line
ubT0N.png
Hyperdub < Crevasse >
a0Blb.png
Line
ubT0N.png
Hyperdub < Tal'Darim Altar LE >
a0Blb.png
Line

ubT0N.png
GanZi < Crevasse >
wTHvX.png
Nuts
ubT0N.png
GanZi < Metalopolis >
wTHvX.png
Nuts
ubT0N.png
GanZi < Terminus SE>
wTHvX.png
Nuts

ubT0N.png
Jjun < Crossfire SE >
ubT0N.png
Bomber
ubT0N.png
Jjun < Xel'Naga Fortress >
ubT0N.png
Bomber
ubT0N.png
Jjun < Dual Sight >
ubT0N.png
Bomber

Chris R

Still no option to get my stream on my Mac... awesome!
not

That greasemonkey script worked fine for one season, why not just make that a feature for mac users :(

Corran Horn said:
I honestly dont mind the quality of games in Code A, but the lack of casters that I care about. Ill give Doa/Moletrap a chance but last season I basically gave up on Code A half way through and only watched finals after.

Aaron said:
You consider the World Champion of starcraft a lower standard?

I wasn't referring to the players skill i meant the production as a whole. It's simply a whole different beast without tastosis.

GSL has a lot of filler content and if the casters who are filling that gap aren't very good it makes things a whole lot worse.

twofold

rhfb said:
Still no option to get my stream on my Mac... awesome!
not

That greasemonkey script worked fine for one season, why not just make that a feature for mac users :(

The osx Gom Player client was working during the GSL World series and it was actually pretty damn good. I don't understand why they've decided to block osx users again. It makes no sense.

AdventureRacing said:
I wasn't referring to the players skill i meant the production as a whole. It's simply a whole different beast without tastosis.

GSL has a lot of filler content and if the casters who are filling that gap aren't very good it makes things a whole lot worse.
Doa + John made the code S pick show pretty amazing imo, hopefully him and moletrap get get into a groove quickly

Aaron

I don't think there's anyone on the planet more skilled at filling time than Tasteless, you we'll have to lower our standards a bit.

Vaporak said:
Goddamnit, the HQ stream's audio is just static for me but the LQ one works fine. :(
I'm still getting 'buy a ticket' even though I already have one.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Can't get the stream to work on mac today, thats ok I have t ogo to work anyway. but some people also cant get the stream to work on PC, the gom forums are a wasteland

"fucking gom i paid for a fuckin service and i get cheated out of my money"

what is wrong with some people? the games don't start yet, wait 10 minutes.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh crap, This is starting at 7pm AU time now? I forgot about daylight savings.

Might have to tune in later on.

Top Bottom