• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GSL - Global Starcraft II League May 2011 Thread

ultron87

I look forward to MVP running a train on Code A this season.

My Protoss hopes for Code S are Alicia and San.
But it'll probably just be MC again.

Haunted

Oh god, again?

Too.. much...content..can't... watch.. it all!

Going to stick to TSL, NASL and foreigner matches in the GSL, I think. (Mostly because of better timeslots).

Prissy said:
why don't you guys just download the torrents? lol I saved about $100+ :p
*salutes*

farnham

Banned
watching boxers wing part 2 right now

hope theyll make part 3 with the making of the slayers team

and part 4 where boxer takes the GSL July championship

garath

So after watching the last GSL tourny that was free for support of Japan, I think I am hooked.

Just a couple questions before I plunk down some cash though. I would definitely be watching it only VOD. It looks like I'll have access to the whole May league's VOD for life which is great.

Are the VOD just like they were for the free tourny? Open it up in the web browser, have the rounds clickable at the bottom, etc.

I'm based in US, just based on my IP will it automatically give me the english casters? Or is that something I can choose? Or was that only for the free tourny?

I'm not a player but I really enjoyed watching the matches. I played during the beta so I know enough to get most of the nuances of the gameplay. It's getting better now that I am starting to get to know the players. Love artosis and tasteless too. Was a surprise seeing them casting.

farnham

Banned
garath said:
So after watching the last GSL tourny that was free for support of Japan, I think I am hooked.

Just a couple questions before I plunk down some cash though. I would definitely be watching it only VOD. It looks like I'll have access to the whole May league's VOD for life which is great.

Are the VOD just like they were for the free tourny? Open it up in the web browser, have the rounds clickable at the bottom, etc.

I'm based in US, just based on my IP will it automatically give me the english casters? Or is that something I can choose? Or was that only for the free tourny?

I'm not a player but I really enjoyed watching the matches. I played during the beta so I know enough to get most of the nuances of the gameplay. It's getting better now that I am starting to get to know the players. Love artosis and tasteless too. Was a surprise seeing them casting.
english commentary only

gomtv.com has korean commentary for free but its regionlocked

Concept17

garath said:

Yes. Format is exactly the same.

GOMTV.net is the english website for GSL. As such it will only play the english commentated games.

J-Rod

The VOD setup is the same with buttons for each match in a set. You will get the english broadcast/commentary, but I believe it is based off you being on the english website rather than your IP.

gogogo MKP.

ultron87

I love how piss poor GOM's implementation of ads on their VODs is.

Half the time it either doesn't work at all or you end with up multiple ads playing simultaneously over each other.

garath

Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like I'll be giving them $10 for the VODs.

ultron87 said:
I love how piss poor GOM's implementation of ads on their VODs is.

Half the time it either doesn't work at all or you end with up multiple ads playing simultaneously over each other.

I just hope they branch out. I don't know if I can take seeing that papa johns ad one more time. It's almost worth the extra $10 to go ad-free lol.

Mairu

Prissy said:
why don't you guys just download the torrents? lol I saved about $100+ :p
Prissy
Banned
(Today, 07:01 AM)

Thanks EviLore!
farnham said:
watching boxers wing part 2 right now

hope theyll make part 3 with the making of the slayers team

and part 4 where boxer takes the GSL July championship
Oh man. I guess you can dream!
Boxer's days of a personal championship are long over

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Watching part 2 of the boxer doco now, thanks ham.

also just went back to look at previous seasons of gom and shiz and they've REALLY put in a lot of work to their player, embedding codes, facebook links and shiz, so awesome.

Mairu

Four hours to go!

Tonight's matchups:

s5Rl8.png

ubT0N.png
MMA < Terminus SE >
wTHvX.png
TopClass
ubT0N.png
MMA < Xel'Naga Caverns >
wTHvX.png
TopClass
ubT0N.png
MMA < Crevasse >
wTHvX.png
TopClass

ubT0N.png
Hyperdub < Crossfire SE >
a0Blb.png
Line
ubT0N.png
Hyperdub < Crevasse >
a0Blb.png
Line
ubT0N.png
Hyperdub < Tal'Darim Altar LE >
a0Blb.png
Line

ubT0N.png
GanZi < Crevasse >
wTHvX.png
Nuts
ubT0N.png
GanZi < Metalopolis >
wTHvX.png
Nuts
ubT0N.png
GanZi < Terminus SE>
wTHvX.png
Nuts

ubT0N.png
Jjun < Crossfire SE >
ubT0N.png
Bomber
ubT0N.png
Jjun < Xel'Naga Fortress >
ubT0N.png
Bomber
ubT0N.png
Jjun < Dual Sight >
ubT0N.png
Bomber

Chris R

We doing predictions again or is that done for?

edit:

MMA vs. TopClass
Hyperdub vs. Line
GanZi vs. Nuts
Jjun vs. Bomber

Lets dooooooo this.

Zzoram

$10 for a month of GSL is pretty damn cheap. I'd rather watch a month of GSL than go to a single movie in theatres. Hell I'd rather watch GSL than have cable TV. There is certainly enough content to fill all the hours I'd consider watching TV.

Keikaku

MMA v TopClass
Ganzi v Nuts
Hyperdub v Line
JJun v Bomber

Gonna go with IM_Nuts with the upset win. With a name like that, I have to make the ballsy pick.

Aaron

It's pretty amusing that the team league is only four days, and it's probably the best value for money ever. Most movies aren't as good as those finals.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
ubT0N.png
MMA
v
wTHvX.png
TopClass
ubT0N.png
Hyperdub
v
a0Blb.png
Line
ubT0N.png
GanZi
v
wTHvX.png
Nuts
ubT0N.png
Jjun v
ubT0N.png
Bomber

Some great matches tonight. We could see some of the more well known players knocked out of Code A in the first round.

Keikaku said:
Gonna go with IM_Nuts with the upset win. With a name like that, I have to make the ballsy pick.
I wonder if tastosis will make a similar joke

edit: oops forgot they don't do code a anymore

pieatorium said:
I wonder if tastosis will make a similar joke

edit: oops forgot they don't do code a anymore
you guys are too slow thats twice in two days I've edited before being called out on my wrongness :p

Mairu

Aaron said:
That's right!

Moletrap vs Husky

Which new commentator will end up being the most hated of course.
I think it's going to be hard for them to put on a caster that'll get a negative reaction worse than Kelly Milkies got

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I think it is Gretorp by a landslide as the current most hated commentator.

Zzoram

bbyybb said:
I think it is Gretorp by a landslide as the current most hated commentator.

Naw Gretorp at his worst maybe tied Kelly, but he's stopped screaming epic over every minor common event and now people are neutral on him.

Aaron

Zzoram said:
Naw Gretorp at his worst maybe tied Kelly, but he's stopped screaming epic over every minor common event and now people are neutral on him.
Personally, I'd rather have Kelly since she actually knows something about SC2 and isn't an endless stream of bad calls, but Gretorp is too bland to raise that sort of ire.

Zzoram

Personally I just like Tasteless and Artosis. They're by far the best casting team in Starcraft 2. Day9 is good but he's more of a solo caster, and I think Tastetosis the casting archon make a better team than Day9 + anyone.

I'm just glad that Tastetosis also happen to do the best SC2 tournament so I get the best casters and highest skilled players all at once.

Dooraven

Haven't really seen Ganzi's TvP but this TvZ is amazing. I'm going to pick IM_Nuts based on that and terran for every one else (Bomber beating Jjun)

Gonna make scottnak work easier if he's gonna tally the bets again and predict all ro32 code S&A.

Code S:

Group A:

oGsMC
oGsTheWind
Polt Prime
oGsSuperNova

Group B:

sCfOu
ST_RainBow
ZeNexByun
oGsTOP

Group C:

Hongun Prime
ZeNexKyrix
IMLosira
MVP_Genius

Group D:

oGsNaDa
MarineKing Prime
oGsZenio
SlayerS_Alicia

Group E:

NSHoSeo_San
Liquid`Jinro
TSL_Clide
IMNesTea

Group F:

FOXLyn
TSL_Fruidealer
Check Prime
TSL_Killer

Group G:

anypro Prime
ST_Virus
oGsEnsnare
TSL_Trickster

Group H:

ST_July
TSL_Rain
oGsInca
Liquid`Huk

Code A:

SlayerS_MMA vs TopclassfOu
oGsHyperdub vs ZeNexLine
SlayerS_Ganzi vs IM_Nuts
ZeNexJJun vs ST_Bomber

LeenockfOu vs CreatorPrime
TSL_Revival vs SlayerS_Ryung
SlayerS_Boxer vs MVP_Avenge
TSL_aLive vs MVP_Finale

ST_Ace vs MVP_viOlet
ST_August vs SlayerS_YugiOh
TheBestfOu vs SlayerS_Min
IMMvp vs MVP_Luer

NSHoSeo_vanvanth vs SlayerS_Brown
choyafOu vs MVP_Keen
ZeNexCoCa vs ST_Squirtle
MVP_Noblesse vs NSHoSeo_Tassadar

Slavik81 said:
It's entertaining, but is so drastically different from how the game is played on the ladder these days...
Yeah but from a entertainment standpoint you can't beat it. 2002 Super Bowl is a different type of football played today, doesn't mean it's not fun to watch.

Anyways I've watch a few of Moletrap's cast and I got to say I'm impressed, he picks the details out really well just like Artosis does. Him and Doa do great on this cast of White-Ra(plus the game is has a amazing finish)

http://www.youtube.com/user/DoaStarcraft#p/u/1/SUHQdSJvC3Y

Top Bottom