• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Academy 2012: From Virtual to Reality

How do those points work?

From the top 10 in each event, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd place get 9 points, etc. So the most someone could get in each round is 50 points.

Oh I like this. Looks like I am going to have to edit that post tomorrow. When I get my CSW in mid May it is officially on. Round 1 is meaningless and pointless to me but if we are going to carry this through the end, I may just have to improve my times a little bit.

It might make sense to use a modifier for later rounds, assuming they're going to be more difficult. Say 10 points x 1.1 for 2nd round. 10 x 1.2 for 3rd round, etc.

It would be cool to know the minimum required time to get to be in the top ten.
I didn't play the challanges again after getting the gold (mostly on my first try) but this could give me the motivation to improve.

Good idea, I'll add the top times and min times next time I update.

Dibbz

2-4 ooooooooh yeah

Eiffel 65 is all mine :D

6996394482_52b41a49d8_b.jpg

magawolaz

Offical NeoGAF Gran Turismo Acadamy Leaderboard (as of 5/3, Round 2) (Participants taken from NRL friendslist)

ROUND 1

1. RounD- 47 points
2. Nab- 37 points
2. Kaze- 37 points
4. MetalMurphy- 32 points
5. Olivur- 29 points
6. Milky_Mag- 28 points
7. ruttyboy- 26 points
8. GHR_Gyoung- 18 points
9. ikkr- 7 points
10. Toxa- 5 points

ROUND 2

1. RounD- 47 points
2. Paskowitz- 42 points
3. Kaze- 38 points
4. MetalMurphy- 29 points
5. Nab- 25 points
6. ruttyboy- 20 points
7. Niks- 19 points
8. Pintas_Maia- 17 points
9. GHR_Gyoung- 14 points
10. Olivur- 9 points

TOTAL

1. RounD- 94 points
2. Kaze- 75 points
3. Nab- 62 points
4. MetalMurphy- 61 points
5. ruttyboy- 46 points
6. Paskowitz- 45 points
7. Olivur- 38 points
8. GHR_Gyoung- 32 points
9. Milky_Mag- 28 points
10. Niks- 19 points

Neat idea! Need to improve on Round 2, I tried those challenges only once.

Btw, is "miky", not "milky" :lol

lol, just noticed. "Pintas_Maia" isn't actually a gaffer, he's a friend of mine. Just kick him out of the NRL friends list. (makes room for more)

ouchx100

I added a few of you guys and the GT5NRL account. My PSN is ouchx100. I think I'm not too bad at this. I got gold on all the events so far with ease but I'd like to see how I do against more people

smiggyRT

2-5 is killing me trying to get the guys at the very top, finally managed a 39.420 which is still 7 tenths off 1st :/

Kaze13

this is exciting. I look forward to booting this up more than GT5 at the moment lol. I need to work on 1-3 and 2-1. Admittedly, I don't care about 2-1 at all. 1-3 is a a time I haven't bothered to improved since I first set it.

It's frustrating to know that an addition 2/10ths in each of the challenges is available. Doing it on a DS3 won't do it. I need finer steering and throttle input to get it though.

Polyphony

2-5 is killing me too, can't find a way to cleanly pass the AI, they leave no room! I end up in the grass all the time trying to pass the red Silvia.

aeroslash

Hey! I also want to be in The GAF leaderboard! How can i get in?
My PSN id is gnrcat. I won't play since tomorrow afternoon though.

smiggyRT

That red Silvia got rammed many times on purpose. Just to let out frustrations...

Its worse if you get a good run past the yellow because then you get caught up behind the red car right on the corner with no way to pass, I just charged up the inside and hoped I could make the next corner.

Updated Leaderboard standings.
Things to keep in mind-

• I will stop updating past round standings when the new round is opened (In the case of round 3- May 16)
  • Round 2 and susiquent rounds are "wieghted", ie- given more importance then earlier rounds. Round 2 points are currently multiplied by 1.1, round 3 might be 1.2, etc.
  • I'm using GAF names when I know them, so let me know what your PSN name is if you want me to change it.

sxTDh.png

0tlGG.png

iwFd2.png

mclaren777

A number of you recently added me on PSN. Was that somehow related to this thread, because I don't remember giving out my ID in the past year.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That red Silvia got rammed many times on purpose. Just to let out frustrations...

Don't attempt that if you're only going for the gold. You only need to pass the first/silver car to get a Gold barely. At least on a controller.

Is it red? I could swear the car was silver on my trial. :/

Chibits12

Banned
Feel free to add me: Goteki2097.

I've also been playing GT5 using an analog controller but I hope this new Logitech steering wheel works even better.

Kaze13

Don't attempt that if you're only going for the gold. You only need to pass the first/silver car to get a Gold barely. At least on a controller.

Is it red? I could swear the car was silver on my trial. :/

You misunderstand. I rammed into that car on purpose because I get frustrated at its existence on the track. In other words, "Screw you car, DIE!" kind on thing lol

Risgroo

Hey guys, add me: KaizorPenguin. I only played a little bit yesterday, and I really struggled to get motivated, as I didn't have any friends to compete with. I'll give this another shot when I get home, hopefully I'll climb up the leaderboards somewhat.

Kaze13

If my calculation is correct, I'm currently a couple of points away from RounD. Gotta grind some more laps!

IISANDERII

Interesting stuff on the medal rankings. I expected to see Finland near the top of the gold average but not the former Yugos. Perhaps some future world champs are waiting in the wings? Greece and Hungary are close too.
Japan has more than double the participants the US has: 544,000 to 253,000. Next highest is Spain with 177,000.
Little Belgium nearly has as many participants as Canada.
And, as ever, the eternal rivalry between GB and France finds itself to GT Academy too: Nearly the same number of participants resulting in the exact same average gold.

ruttyboy

So, predictions on the next two rounds anyone?

If it’s following the format up to now I’m going to guess round three will feature a road going 370Z, and round 4 a road going GTR.

Obviously my guess on the GTR is based on those ‘leaked’ pictures so I would assume that Motegi will feature in round 4 also. I also think we’ll see the first full lap challenge at the end of round 4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really can't see a round 4 being a non-full lap. But given it's Kaz, it's completely possible.

Really though, this waiting a week to open Round 3 is stupid. Why did they open Round 1 AND 2 at the same time? :/

amar212

Interesting stuff on the medal rankings. I expected to see Finland near the top of the gold average but not the former Yugos. Perhaps some future world champs are waiting in the wings?

My Croatian community is really pushing hard, we're mobilising everybody we got on our Friends lists to go and try the Academy. It is not only promoting the community, it also benefits the Average Score.

As drivers are concerned, we certainly have some extremely talented ones: five members of the community are insanely fast, especially one member who currently holds #1 worldwide for 2-4 and #4 for 2-3.

Rest of them are not really fond of current "short" challenges and they're waiting for the "longer" ones.

Unfortunately, the fastest of them all - young and modest boy (aged only 17) who is literally unbeatable once he grabs the challenge - suffered from G25 malfunction and he can't compete. Backthan in Prologue times he was always #1 worldwide for every Time Trial he participated with (he was 12 back then). At this point he found another interest: setting the fastest times in the new Kart Arena opened in the capital. He holds #1 position in both directions and he is having the time of his life. Unfortunately, his talent is very dependable of amount of money his family have on disposal, which is not much. His father would like to get him somehow in the real-racing, but since financial crisis literally killed all potential sponsorships in Croatia, he will have to wait for someone more important to notice his talent.

Until Nissan Croatia decide/gets green light from Germany to fund local qualifiers, Croatian talents will not be able to step in the real-deal. Also, inability to actually go into the second tier (real qualifiers) is also the reason why two of those five guys are not actually spending too much time in the current Acd.

BUt we're absolutely aiming high for all 8 weeks and we're hoping for the top-spots in Average once everything finishes.

Really though, this waiting a week to open Round 3 is stupid. Why did they open Round 1 AND 2 at the same time? :/

They will open all rounds in A-B formats. 2 rounds every 2 weeks, with rounds 7-8 opening on 11/06.

Added the NRL account and a gentle gaffer whos name here I do not know! Tried to improve today the times I set in my gold play.
Only learned that I'd never drive a Silvia at those speeds.

Apparently Kaz is trying out the GT-R that's gonna be used on the final GT Academy tests.

CiUd.jpg

CjfI.jpg

Also to be used in the next Nurburgring 24h.

paskowitz

Rounds 3 & 4 are up:

The third and fourth rounds of GT Academy 2012 have just been unlocked in the free downloadable mini-game which is hosting the international competition. As expected, the new rounds bring faster cars and more technical driving challenges:

Round 3: Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (Current Leaderboards)

Rotary Corner in the Madrid City Course
S Curve at Suzuka Circuit
Continuous Corners and Elevation Changes
Variations of Corners
Maintaining Stability in High-Speed Sections

Round 4: Nissan 370Z (GT Academy) ’08 (Current Leaderboards)

The Nurburgring’s “Kallenhard” Section
Low Speed ‘S’ Curve with Changing Radius
‘S’ Curves 2
Suzuka Circuit’s “Spoon Curve”
The “Variante Ascari” and “Parabolica” at Monza

The new rounds kick off just as the GT Academy mini-game achieves increasingly impressive milestones, now boasting over 500,000 players who have driven nearly 40 million kilometers.

There’s still no sign of Twin Ring Motegi, which our community discovered earlier last week, but it likely won’t be featured in the competition until the final round.

As always, stop by GTPlanet’s GT Academy 2012 Forum for more discussion, analysis, hints, tips, and conversation with other competitors. Good luck to all of you in these new time trials!

Top Bottom