• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 - First Person Mode Confirmed, First Screens, Trailer, 4K on PC

hoserx

What kind of message is this sending to people. Don't text and drive! It can wait!!

eQqAQZ5.jpg

What was it meant to be? 60fps? If you expect an open world game like GTA V to run at >60fps on a console you're kidding yourself.

running a game at 60 that was made for 7-8 old HW should be possible yes, i knew it wasn't going to happen. well there's always the PC version.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Seems kind of weird to change (or add) the view mode of a game after release. I wonder if playing in First Person Mode will feel just as natural as if the game was built from it from the ground up.

Highly doubt it, and GTA is notoriously clunky anyway. But the CVG article directly addresses the "they just stuck the camera in the characters face and called it a day" concept. It explicitly mentiones retuning the driving and movement engines and "thousands of animations just for reloading, not to mention carjacking, ..."

I'm gonna try it. I didn't play this game last year, but I'm gonna try to play the game like this from the start. GTA is such a known quantity even the new setting etc wasn't really enough to get me hyper-pumped.. but this.. this is actually something new.

Keasar

Huh, I did not expect them to have put this much effort into it. In-game GUI for vehicles, iron sights and everything.

Hip Hop

There really is no need for a controller on PC anymore (Well, I guess for the vehicles from time to time).

Deathmatches are going to be crazy! Even Battlefield-esque.

Seanspeed

Banned
When did 4k become a feature? GTA4 has had "4k support" for years.
It just means that the UI is kept properly sized when going up in resolution. Most games when you play it in super high resolutions, the UI becomes tiny, almost unusable in many cases.

4K support isn't great so much for the ability to play with ultra clarity, but to maintain playability as you do it.

feel

Looks amazing. Pretty impressed they didn't just tack it on, but actually went the extra mile for this mode with the animations and whatnot and made it look like the game was designed around it. Wow.

Hold strong PC brothers, we can do it, we've waited long enough already, what's 3 more months!!!

Nzyme32

I hate games that try to do first person and slam as many hand movements or character actions onto the screen to attempt to "immerse" people. It's almost entirely unnecessary

rsggtavngscreenshot114jpg-37b979_640w.jpg

Hope there are FOV options. Also, it always bugs me when guns shoot in different directions to where they are pointing.

getting GTA ready for that VR fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire

For the above reasons, I think it would be horrible unless it was altered. However, I wouldn't doubt people would find ways to change it and get it to work. Then it really would be excellent

Basketball

Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg

I'm screaming

Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg

Based rockstar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UnrealEck

Looks fun.
As I said in another GTAV thread, the game doesn't look particularly hardware intensive. It still looks like GTAV with some things added. It doesn't look like even a 750 Ti should struggle with this game.

-griffy-

Banned
How will running work? Still have to hold down X? That would be terrible in FPV.

IGN says by default the controls are regular GTA, but you can change them to a bunch of preconfigured setups more like regular FPS games.

It’s also an extremely flexible and adaptable first-person experience. Off the bat, it retains the standard GTA 5 control scheme, but you can select from a variety of preconfigured control schemes so it feels more like a standard shooter. In fact, you can customise the experience a lot – you can vary the degree of aim assist, turn off ragdolling and the combat roll (after all, it might make some a bit queasy), and decide whether the game switches to third-person when taking cover. It’s versatile, too: it can be a full-on first-person experience, the same third-person experience you know, or a hybrid of the two.

hoserx

I hate games that try to do first person and slam as many hand movements or character actions onto the screen to attempt to "immerse" people. It's almost entirely unnecessary

Hope there are FOV options. Also, it always bugs me when guns shoot in different directions to where they are pointing.

For the above reasons, I think it would be horrible unless it was altered. However, I wouldn't doubt people would find ways to change it and get it to work. Then it really would be excellent

The best VR experiences (image quality wise) will be had on PC, and on PC this game will be modded to hell and back. I think you may get your wish.

barit

This sounds cool:

First-person options are bogglingly extensive, with options for Assisted Aim, Semi-Assisted Aim, Free Aim and much, much more. You can set first-person targeting with third-person cover, or third-person targeting with first-person driving... the choice is huge.

So you'll be able to tailor if/when you want 1st person view. Those who want to play in 3rd person normally but have 1st person in vehicles will have it automatically set for them so they don't have to switch back and forth manually.

Yep that sounds good

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Wat. If anything, I want more of these. Otherwise I'd feel like a flying camera.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Can't wait for this on PC

Although ill primarily play in third person mode, going first person on bikes down the hills sounds fun

Fjordson

I actually agree with you usually, but those sections with a chute you're literally just floating down to the ground doing nothing, so hopefully during action gameplay they won't shoehorn too much of that in.

majik13

ok, fuck, that looked pretty good. Prob makes certain things harder, but other things easier, like shooting and flying.

This needs Occulus Rift/Morpheous support now.

I just wish Online was good.

OneUh8

I had no intentions of getting this game again. Well, I will now be pre ordering it lol. Holy shit that trailer blew me away.

Top Bottom