• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 - First Person Mode Confirmed, First Screens, Trailer, 4K on PC

Fjordson

Pretty awesome. I can see myself using it for driving at times.

And lmao @ people actually complaining about it. An optional viewmode for people who may enjoy this sort of thing. What a terrible idea on Rockstar's part!

It really isn't.

The online was ruined to make a quick buck, the world was boring to explore, had little variety (Either desert, hill or built up city), the characters weren't likeable etc.

I replayed the HD release of GTA SA when that came out, and had far more fun in one playthrough than I have since V came out.
It really is. Best world of the series (by far), entertaining trio of characters, good mission variety, etc.

Can't argue much about the online, though.

Salvadora

Initially I wasn't particularly interested in this addition, but it looks absolutely stunning in the IGN trailer.

Especially that motorbike section, just wow.

Seanspeed

Banned
posting from other thread
Man, get expectations in check guys. Despite all the improvements made, this is still quite clearly a last-gen game at heart. The dithering is pretty extreme, too.

You click the touchpad on PS4 to activate it.
Ok so yea, not sure exactly what button/key you'll use for other versions, but it sounds like it'll be togglable in general. Very nice. I'll try and play it in 1st person as much as possible, but might still want to use 3rd person in certain situations.

It really isn't.

The online was ruined to make a quick buck, the world was boring to explore, had little variety (Either desert, hill or built up city), the characters weren't likeable etc.

I replayed the HD release of GTA SA when that came out, and had far more fun in one playthrough than I have since V came out.

It's ok to have bad taste, don't worry.

...When people said there would be a 1st person mode, I thought "why would you wan't to play that way". I know almost feel like the game should be played that way. That's the PC version right?

It's a game designed around being in third person, I have my doubts that first person will be a viable way to play the whole game. For instance, they didn't show cover in the trailer, will that pull out to third person, or will it be like far cry 3 and crysis? Or will it just be the crouch button? Cover is intrinsic to most of the main story shoot-outs, its weird that they didn't show it.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.

If there was one thing GTA didn't need, it was a first-person view mode. Kinda baffled that people are excited about this to be honest, but then I'm the sort of person who instantly becomes less interested in a game if it's in first-person perspective rather than third-person.

I believe you are wrong and that it will enhance gameplay for a lot of people. It's going to be so much more precise with KB+M and first-person mode.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
GTA Online lets you create FP-only races and death-matches, with the long-anticipated Heists now, apparently, on the near-horizon. Call of Duty-style contests? Almost certainly, and Rockstar have the scope to tackle their rivals on all fronts with custom DLC and user-created FP content.

I am actually freaking out right now.

Floridian

Screens look awesome. I can't believe there's people in this thread complaining about optional features that may improve gameplay experience for other people.

kiguel182

Seems kind of weird to change (or add) the view mode of a game after release. I wonder if playing in First Person Mode will feel just as natural as if the game was built from it from the ground up.

Visually, it looks great. But there's more to building a first person game than just changing the perspective. Hopefully the controls are proper for this mode. It'd be great if I could play through the entire campaign like this, though I wonder if that's realistic.

Seanspeed

Banned
This sounds cool:

First-person options are bogglingly extensive, with options for Assisted Aim, Semi-Assisted Aim, Free Aim and much, much more. You can set first-person targeting with third-person cover, or third-person targeting with first-person driving... the choice is huge.

So you'll be able to tailor if/when you want 1st person view. Those who want to play in 3rd person normally but have 1st person in vehicles will have it automatically set for them so they don't have to switch back and forth manually.

-PXG-

IGN's description and footage makes it seem much more than a tacked on FP mode. They really did have to retailor the game to make it look, feel and sound more immersive. I like that a lot. This was more than I was expecting

Grief.exe

It's interesting how developers are advertising 4K support. We've had that for a decade, with arbitrary resolution 16:9 support. Nothing new to see here.

Ketch

This game is going to be so good on PC. Like Farcry 3 but so soooo much better. Glad I waited... errr am waiting.

so i've quickly dug around and found nothing new regarding the framerate... am I missing anything, or is this still an unknown?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Oh no no no no no. I'm not want to rebuy it at full price. Fuck you R, fuck you.
aqmkuw.gif

Dabanton

GTA Online lets you create FP-only races and death-matches, with the long-anticipated Heists now, apparently, on the near-horizon. Call of Duty-style contests? Almost certainly, and Rockstar have the scope to tackle their rivals on all fronts with custom DLC and user-created FP content.

My god. I'm absolutely amazed. Races in FP view will be real tests of skill.

Top Bottom