• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 - First Person Mode Confirmed, First Screens, Trailer, 4K on PC

Boke1879

Lol @ people who are upset about fps mode.

It's not like they are removing the normal camera, guys.

People really find anything to complain about. It's a nice feature that could add something to the gameplay. Doesn't mean people have to use it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
whlofi.gif

Seanspeed

Banned

If there was one thing GTA didn't need, it was a first-person view mode. Kinda baffled that people are excited about this to be honest, but then I'm the sort of person who instantly becomes less interested in a game if it's in first-person perspective rather than third-person.
Somebody, you'll realize that not everybody in the world likes the same things you do.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That is soooo fuckin' sick. I'm gonna try to play the whole game like that.. it also REALLY makes you want a legitimate first person GTA game.

Well then, now I really don't have a reason to buy Advanced Warfare.

Joking aside, this looks like it'll be a fun way to replay the game.

UrbanRats

I actually might get this if FPS mode is good. Cant stand traditional rockstar controls and movement

It's not gonna play like Unreal Tournament now, the physics will pretty much be still the same (although they say it'll be highly customizable).

Saty

Should i take it as an admission of failure for Rockstar's 3rd person shooting fighting\shooting mechanics?

i-Lo

That's just insane. I never played the game on last gen console and so it will be a first time buy for me.

I want to see how well the controls for combat work in first person given how clumsy it is in games of similar design (featuring both first and third person views) like Fallout or ES.

If I'm going to replay a game a year after buying and beating it, new, a completely new gameplay mode like this is one hell of a way to make me not mind as much.

Even if this sucks, I'll give it a go. I've already played the game the "proper" way once, after all.

TalonJH

...When people said there would be a 1st person mode, I thought "why would you wan't to play that way". I know almost feel like the game should be played that way. That's the PC version right?

Storm360

What? GTA V is a great game...

It really isn't.

The online was ruined to make a quick buck, the world was boring to explore, had little variety (Either desert, hill or built up city), the characters weren't likeable etc.

I replayed the HD release of GTA SA when that came out, and had far more fun in one playthrough than I have since V came out.

If anyone was wondering why Square Enix threw the Sleeping Dogs remix out into traffic with hardly any real optimizations, here's the reason. May as well try to squeeze out a few hundred sales before GTA V showed up and stomped it into the curb. What a difference in treatment. Wow.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
First-person mode is the big change. It's not just a case of plonking a new camera within a character's head, just because they could, but an extensive rework of the game's movement, driving and targeting engines. There are thousands of new animations for gun reloading alone, no to mention the first-person views of parachuting, carjacking etc.
@_@

Top Bottom