• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA IV ENB Thread - Installation, Tweaking & Custom Vehicles

I was running ENB series 2.0n, I was happy with it, then I went browsing the gta4 mod website, and came across this mod.

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/enb-series-schakusa-styled-v21-f16234

This is by far the best looking mod I have ever used, and I have been using different mods for a long time.Words cannt explain how awesome the mod makes the game look.It actually looked too good to be true!

As always, I just pasted the files into the gta4 folder over my 2.0n settings and loaded it up.

The colors saturation in this mod looks spectacular.

I wish I could have posted scenshots of it (there is a video of it on the link) but I think this mod looks even better than the video I saw, crazy I know!

The file is 10mb btw.

Give it a shot, and play around in the game....well, I was just walking around exploring things for a long time and I had to come post this here.

Everything just looks perfect, and the performance was great.

nothing against Sethos' ENB mix but I just tried this one with SMAA instead of FXAA and it looks amazingly decent. (I've still got to tone down the saturation a bit)

For Pictures click HERE and HERE

Notice how I haven't linked it in this thread whatsoever, because it's not relevant anymore with the configuration tool.
aw man, I didn't mean it like that bro.

You should at least post up what you would have set your configuration tool to, like "personal recommended settings" or something. Only reason I'm using other configs is because yours isn't supported by the tool.

I can reformat the editable parts of the iceshader.fx but the shader code is something I dont know how to port exactly besides from copying it over. :(

Shaneus

Awesome work in this thread, Sethos!

Question to all: If I'm understanding this right, EFLC isn't 100% supported for single-player? Or 100% compatible or something?

Sethos

Banned
aw man, I didn't mean it like that bro.

You should at least post up what you would have set your configuration tool to, like "personal recommended settings" or something. Only reason I'm using other configs is because yours isn't supported by the tool.

I can reformat the editable parts of the iceshader.fx but the shader code is something I dont know how to port exactly besides from copying it over. :(

My setting did one thing: Turn down saturation in 2.1, nothing else pretty much. Just turn down the saturation in the configuration tool to 1.20 and you've got my release in a nutshell. I also added car window reflections from 1.35 ( Barely noticeable ) and tried to work in the 2.0n DoF, the latter I made optional in the last release.

Dries

I'm still on the fence about the DoF in 2.1 Sometimes it looks great, but sometimes it makes nearby buildings look like a blurry mess. Is there away to only have the DoF effects on further away objects?

Also, the sky is so uninspired. How have people solved this?

Razek

Banned
Nice Job on the OP Sethos. I learned a lot from that.

Well, I got a config for EFLC that I liked working. Unfortunately, I tried ICE in the OP but even with a few hours of tuning I couldn't get it to something I was happy with.

Instead, I ended up using this config here:
http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/eflc-enbseries-v11-f10653

This is what it ended up looking like:
iYG3b90G81TlN.png

This screen is downsampled to 1080p from 2560x1440 using this tool to achieve said resolution in-game.

If anyone in the world stumbles upon this with EFLC and is interested it's the same procedure as the OP in terms of drag and drop to your EFLC folder. (BACK IT UP FIRST!)
This only works with Lost and Damned (for me). Make sure you turn off clip capture and screen filter in the in-game options. If it crashes follow the instructions in the readme.

The only changes to the config I made where in the file enbseries.cfg which resides in the main EFLC folder.

I changed the following entries to the below (ctrl+f them):

• EnableBloom=true
  • EnableAmbientOcclusion=true
  • LeavesColorPow=0.75
  • UseRays=true

In-game I changed the brightness slider to 0.

I also used the 'P' key in-game to disable DOF, I didn't like it.

My setting did one thing: Turn down saturation in 2.1, nothing else pretty much. Just turn down the saturation in the configuration tool to 1.20 and you've got my release in a nutshell. I also added car window reflections from 1.35 ( Barely noticeable ) and tried to work in the 2.0n DoF, the latter I made optional in the last release.

yeah those were the only real changes i noticed too. I guess ill just do that. :) Even though I'm using another ENBmod right now... I do agree with, you on one thing though, the saturation in all these ENB mods need to be cut in half and Alternate Motionblur (grainy) is better over default IMO.

Awesome thread. But now I'm regretting only buying EFLC because I assumed it had the same base files as the main game. Maybe next sale.

dave_m123

Guys,

What are the best city texture mod packs? Just tried downgrading from newest Icehancer to 1.25 and it broke my GTA :( and I have no back up so downloading off steam again!! lol

KillerAJD

Can we post other mods besides the ENB stuff? I know this and the other thread are geared more towards that, but a new mod than covers most of the island and all the outlying areas in sand just released and it's awesome. (more of my comments on it here) Apparently it looks pretty decent with the ENB stuff, but I'm on a lowly 4870 so it would probably try and commit suicide if I tried them both. Also, this is probably more for the build a pc thread, but what would you guys recommend as a decent GPU upgrade if I wanted to futz around with the ENB stuff?

onken

Can we post other mods besides the ENB stuff? I know this and the other thread are geared more towards that, but a new mod than covers most of the island and all the outlying areas in sand just released and it's awesome. (more of my comments on it here) Apparently it looks pretty decent with the ENB stuff, but I'm on a lowly 4870 so it would probably try and commit suicide if I tried them both. Also, this is probably more for the build a pc thread, but what would you guys recommend as a decent GPU upgrade if I wanted to futz around with the ENB stuff?

Looks like the sort of thing that would be fun driving around for 5 minutes and then get incredibly boring.

zeelman

I followed the directions in the OP, and my game doesn't start at all. No error messages, nothing. I installed the disc version of the game and the 1.0.4.0 patch.

I don't know if this helps, but here's my system.

FX 6100
8 GB Memory
NVIDIA GTX 460 SE

I would love to have this thread for San Andreas as well. I have recently tried my luck with modding this game and it's a huge time sink and pain in the ass. In the end I gave up.

kevm3

The buildings and cars look excellent, but I'd love to see work done on shaders to get human skin to look more realistic.

Sethos

Banned
New version out soon. Despite saying 2.1 was his last, then "Uh oh here's my personal setting, ain't gonna release it", then voting for it, then claiming he was uploading and now this message ( Something wrong with this guy ).

Well, what I tried today wasn't for nothing. Corrected some stuff on the 2.1P; I can even call it 2.1.1 because of its awesomeness. It is by far the best settings i've ever made. It's like having the eye-candyness of 1.2 + 2.0N accurate colors + 2.1 fixes & overall. I love it. Just gotta check something in the FXAA files now...

It sounds interesting to say the least.

Lettuce

What about mods such as the Ultimate Textures v2.0, RealizmIV 6.2 or GTA Real Mod v2.1 do these all do similar things and which is regarded to be the best?

Anyone know how to make it so this doesn't break the cursor stays within the window thing?

i have 3 monitors, play GTA IV on the center monitor and the cursor will go onto the outside monitors and when you click it minimizes the game.

This is not an issue with Vanilla GTA IV, only when running ICE mod

dino1980

Hi,

I have bought myself a copy of GTA IV retail-version.

Have installed the following

GTA4
Patch 1.04

Mods
Icenhancer 1.2 Final
Icenhancer Config tool

Libertycitytextures volume 1
Explosion v3
Romanshoustexturemod
Exaggeretedblodd v1.16
Moreliberty 3
Realisticdriving 2.7
RealismSeriesthunderandrainsounds
Realrecordedgunsound v3
Treesmods v1.1
MaximusBellicfinal v2
Nointrologos
Novehiclegrain
HD roads

Im wondering is there anymore mods that is "a must have"

And also is there a fix now with the taxi glitch. I want to exchange all the vehicles in the game for high-def versions.

Sad to see this thread so dead. I have started a new playthrough to celebrate the release date announcement of V.

To beat the judder I am experiencing with this game, I would love to lock it at 30fps. Is there a way to do this without being forced to also reduce to refresh rate to 30hz?
Is it included in a mod or is there a tool? Google didn't really help. It only points to the command line fix, which then results in a horrible flickering image at 30hz.

Sethos

Banned
Sad to see this thread so dead. I have started a new playthrough to celebrate the release date announcement of V.

To beat the judder I am experiencing with this game, I would love to lock it at 30fps. Is there a way to do this without being forced to also reduce to refresh rate to 30hz?
Is it included in a mod or is there a tool? Google didn't really help. It only points to the command line fix, which then results in a horrible flickering image at 30hz.

Nvidia or AMD?

With Nvidia you can just limit it to 30 through Nvidia Inspector, not sure what you can do on the AMD side.

Also believe MSI Afterburner can do it, among others.

Nvidia or AMD?

With Nvidia you can just limit it to 30 through Nvidia Inspector, not sure what you can do on the AMD side.

Also believe MSI Afterburner can do it, among others.

I am on AMD. I have tweaked around a bit more, dxtory works well to cap the framerate, but in the end I reduced the graphics a bit: cut down the sliders to 50 each and the game runs pretty smooth now, usually in the 40-50fps range.

Sethos

Banned
A small necro bump, but the website linked in the OP (http://icelaglace.com/) says he has released a version working with EFLC? so that means there is a fully functional version?

No, exactly the same as described in the OP. A full fledged EFLC / Latest Patch ENB will never exist, it's still just made to work with as many effects as possible and within the limits but without all the jazz from 1.0.4.0.

Gotta resurrect this for a quick question guys:
Does anybody have any idea why lens flare wouldn't work while every other option does? It's kind of strange.

Dennis

Banned
Anyone know if there are any essential graphical mods (like ENB) that works with the Episodes from Liberty City games?

Top Bottom