• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V 360: 2 discs, install from Disc 1 play from Disc 2. PS3: 1 disc, 8GB install

8byte

Banned
People are really overstating the differences between console versions of Rockstar titles, lol. They are pretty minor, and inconsequential to pretty much everyone (except those looking for the differences).

Sethos

Banned
People are really overstating the differences between console versions of Rockstar titles, lol. They are pretty minor, and inconsequential to pretty much everyone (except those looking for the differences).

No.

Frame-rate issues and 640p versus 720p is NOT minor. People need to stop being in denial.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Uh, I'm saying there is no PC version so I'm getting it on my Xbox instead of my PS3 because I prefer the controller.

I just noticed that on the other thread. So they haven't announced a PC version yet. I guess they'll wait until they they've got healthy sales on current gen consoles.

hackdog

Banned
New screen ;)

actual34894374.jpg

Has he just seen the latest cover of EDGE?

BibiMaghoo

And one being 640p, the other being 720p and the PS3 version having a worse FPS.

I'm sorry but those are pretty big, it's not just "extra grass"

You are a PC gamer, so I expect you to notice the difference in res. Most people do not though, looking at the two being played, I would never have been able to tell you that, neither would most other people.

The Fps on the PS3 version was fine, again, not noticable. The grass is the only obvious difference lol.

Sethos

Banned
You are a PC gamer, so I expect you to notice the difference in res. Most people do not though, looking at the two being played, I would never have been able to tell you that, neither would most other people.

The Fps on the PS3 version was fine, again, not noticable. The grass is the only obvious difference lol.

It has nothing to do with me being a PC gamer, it has to do with people just pretending it isn't there. I've seen plenty of exclusive console gamers notice the blur introduced by 640p in RDR and GTA IV, it's jarring as hell. It gets really sad when people go into this denial mode or brush it off with "just a bit of grass lol".

Fine, you can't see it or it doesn't bother you but don't start lecturing other people about the differences with "just grass lol" when you clearly have no idea.

From someone who has both the PS3 and 360 I can definitely notice a difference between 720p and a resolution below that. Unfortunately the latter has almost always been the case on the PS3 with Rockstar games, especially with their open world titles.

I sincerely hope that the PS3 version will be just as good so that will make my decision even easier.

Fine, you can't see it or it doesn't bother you but don't start lecturing other people about the differences with "just grass lol" when you clearly have no idea.

The thing is, even to the average gamer it isn't even "just grass".

I don't get bothered by this stuff in general but I didn't even know there was less grass, I just enjoyed the version I bought at the time. Most likely the case with almost every copy sold.

BibiMaghoo

It has nothing to do with me being a PC gamer, it has to do with people just pretending it isn't there. I've seen plenty of exclusive console gamers notice the blur introduced by 640p in RDR and GTA IV, it's jarring as hell. It gets really sad when people go into this denial mode or brush it off with "just a bit of grass lol".

You need to calm down a bit dude.

Lecturing other people? No idea about games I have finished?

The grass is the only obvious difference. You feel differently, that's cool. No need to get all wound up about it...

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Damn this thread is brutal and its only 1 page in.

I hope Rockstar keeps the framerate solid, my only worry.

Autofokus

And that proves nothing.

Demo'd on a PS3 versus GTA IV + RDR + Max Payne 3 running / looking worse on the PS3

I think the latter example is a much better gauge of what is actually going to happen.

Maybe they demo it on the PS3 to try and move away from the image of the PS3 versions being inferior, so everyone can speculate it might be lead platform or they actually care? ...
What was wrong with Max Payne 3? I remember reports of RAGE parity, at least not _that_ different like it was with RDR.

Oh shit. gameplay video. Everything I said before was wrong.

ALso didn't expect 2 discs, but if you never have to disc swap I don't care, will still get the 360 version.

Sethos

Banned

The grass is the only obvious difference. You feel differently, that's cool. No need to get all wound up about it...

I'm calm? Oh because I'm correcting you I must be overreacting, right.

And you are still trying to lecture and tell us what your poor eyesight can see, then think that's what everybody else sees and feels.

Bungie

Awesome but was going to stick with Xbox 360 regardless, a huge player base is what I like when it comes to GTA & Xbox 360 is crawling with that.

You keep saying this but have you actually read the DF analysis?

It is more than ''just grass''

Fjordson

The installation for 360 is great news. Avoids having to switch discs after the initial install and will hopefully help performance. Awesome.

Also, I'm a little surprised they answered the question about seeing gameplay. The "first official gameplay video is on its way" answer makes it sound like their could be a pre-release series on the way. Similar to what Max Payne 3, LA Noire, and Red Dead had.

Sethos

Banned

No, he has completed it and thus he can tell us what can be seen and felt. It's only the grass.

What was wrong with Max Payne 3? I remember reports of RAGE parity, at least not _that_ different like it was with RDR.

Worse AA, foliage being a bit worse, effects missing in cutscenes but a slightly sharper image. A smaller discrepancy than previous RAGE games but still not perfect.

BibiMaghoo

I'm calm? Oh because I'm correcting you I must be overreacting, right.

And you are still trying to lecture and tell us what your poor eyesight can see, then think that's what everybody else sees and feels.

Correcting an opinion? Poor eyesight?

No, you are not calm. You are clearly wound up. Posting insults and accusing me of lecturing tells me this, you see.

No, I totally except from a detailed analysis that it is more than that, What I was saying is that it is the only obvious difference, the one that is noticable the most.

spuit*11

Banned
:lol This thread right now.

Why don't you wait for the next DF GTA tech comparison extravaganza before you get in each other's faces.

“Hey Rockstar, I'm curious whether you are planning on releasing GTA V on the PC...” – received via Mouthoff

“You've probably been asked before, but is GTA V coming for next gen consoles also?” – @tomtoon2010

The only versions of the game that we have announced are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 which are set for a September 17th worldwide release. We don’t have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now

I'm holding out hope for a PC or PS4 version. I sold my 360 and PS3 for money towards PS4.

No, you are not calm. You are clearly wound up. Posting insults and accusing me of lecturing tells me this, you see.

No, I totally except from a detailed analysis that it is more than that, What I was saying is that it is the only obvious difference, the one that is noticable the most.

And the sub-HD resolution vs 720p is not a noticable difference?

Wow.. Just... Wow.

Sethos

Banned

The argument of champs, "lol chill man, ur wound up". No, you really haven't seen me wound up then, because I'm completely relaxed - Thank you for caring though. This is just my style when people post ignorant bullshit, try to lecture people on technical aspects when in which they clearly know nothing about =) But seeing as you actually haven't responded to any of the claims, you haven't read the DF and still sticking to your "lol just grass" then we can conclude a few things.

Top Bottom