• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V 360: 2 discs, install from Disc 1 play from Disc 2. PS3: 1 disc, 8GB install

To all the people losing their shit over differences:

“Hello Rockstar, I have a question: how much difference will there be between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game?” – received via Mouthoff

Players can expect the same great gameplay experience on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms as they have both been developed in tandem. Like all of our games, trust that we’re committed to making sure Grand Theft Auto V looks and runs as great as possible regardless of whether you pick it up for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, and we are excited for fans on both platforms to experience Grand Theft Auto V this September. We expect any visual differences to be completely negligible.

Max Payne was very close on both consoles, and Rockstar seems much more committed to ensuring a good experience on the PS3 this time around. I'm picking it up on 360 out of preference, but I'm sure the PS3 version will be pretty close if not identical.

BibiMaghoo

The argument of champs, "lol chill man, ur wound up". No, you really haven't seen me wound up then, because I'm completely relaxed - Thank you for caring though. This is just my style when people post ignorant bullshit, try to lecture people on technical aspects when in which they clearly know nothing about =) But seeing as you actually haven't responded to any of the claims, you haven't read the DF and still sticking to your "lol just grass" then we can conclude a few things.

*sigh*

I do care, because I don't see what I posted that warranted insults, but if that is the kind of poster you are, then so be it, at least I know not to bother addressing you in future.

Sethos

Banned
To all the people losing their shit over differences:

Max Payne was very close on both consoles, and Rockstar seems much more committed to ensuring a good experience on the PS3 this time around. I'm picking it up on 360 out of preference, but I'm sure the PS3 version will be pretty close if not identical.

They've said that about every RAGE release, don't buy into every piece of PR babble.

They have to say that stuff.

Of course they would never in a billion years say "Oh the 360 version looks slightly better" or "PS3 version has a more stable FPS" - It's called PR.

*sigh*because I don't see what I posted that warranted insults, but if that is the kind of poster you are, then so be it, at least I know not to bother addressing you in future.

Please stop this hurt attitude, backtrack the thread and read your posts. Every time someone pointed out the actual difference between the game you replied with "OH DAT EXTRA GRASS", being obtuse and making it sound like that was the only difference. If you were that mild lamb you'd like to paint yourself as, you would just have said "I've only seen X difference", "Personally I only noticed" or something along those lines. Just quoting people point to the DF or the differences and saying "Dat extra grass" and "lol grass" means you were just trying to instigate shit.

I think you could read something into it..

I sure do...

Yeah I think so. The way they worded it they say PS360 are the only ANNOUNCED versions of the game. If they weren't planning PC and next gen I think they would say PS360 are the only PLANNED or DEVELOPED versions.

I don't remember reading them saying that about GTAIV or RDR. And I consumed almost every bit of media for that. It wasn't until the Digital FOundary comparisons that it all broke about inferior copies.

You are a PC gamer, so I expect you to notice the difference in res. Most people do not though, looking at the two being played, I would never have been able to tell you that, neither would most other people.

The Fps on the PS3 version was fine, again, not noticable. The grass is the only obvious difference lol.

I'm not a huge PC gamer. I had both a PS3 and 360, I chose the superior version on the 360. Nobody is saying it's unplayable or that it has game changing bugs like Skyrim and the save file. They are saying, if you have the choice, get the obviously superior version on the 360.

With every single R* game ever made this generation running better on the 360, I'm going to go with GTA V probably running better on the 360, even though we technically "don't know yet".

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
If there is a PS4/XBONE/PC version, they certainly won't announce it until after this gen's release. There is money to be made in this gen still and Rockstar knows it.

The question is, can i wait ? Probably not.

S¡mon

Banned
And one being 640p, the other being 720p and the PS3 version having a worse FPS.
Yeah, it was not like the PS3 version was bad, but it was clear that the 360 version was superior.

I suppose it is good news for PlayStation 3 owners that GTA V, thusfar, has only been shown on PlayStation 3s and that it likely is the lead platform this time around.

Xdrive05

Conflicted. My 20gb 2005 360 may or may not handle the disc install. Not worth buying a new hard drive over. Fingers crossed for a good PS3 version.

As always the definative one will be the PC version anyway.

BibiMaghoo

I'm not a huge PC gamer. I had both a PS3 and 360, I chose the superior version on the 360. Nobody is saying it's unplayable or that it has game changing bugs like Skyrim and the save file. They are saying, if you have the choice, get the obviously superior version on the 360.

With every single R* game ever made this generation running better on the 360, I'm going to go with GTA V probably running better on the 360, even though we technically "don't know yet".

I agree it will look better, I said so in my second post with a joke about the grass. This has upset some people it seems, which was not my intent. Especially when I was agreeing that saying they will look that same was a PR move, again, in my second post.

But...some people have either misread my intent, or woke up on the wrong side of the bed today :)

It's all good though, I have nothing invested in it either way.

Conflicted. My 20gb 2005 360 may or may not handle the disc install. Not worth buying a new hard drive over. Fingers crossed for a good PS3 version.

As always the definative one will be the PC version anyway.

I am going to quote myself here just for the sake of helping.

Buy a 32GB USB drive which meets the recommended speed. I got a cheap Lexar 32GB USB Stick and when partitioned it has 29GB left to install games on. Works like a charm.

Only cost me 17 bucks.

Portugeezer

Fair enough. Given the choice I would go with 360 version seeing as they both require and install and play off a single disc thereafter.

Man. Even if I wanted to play the game on my 360 (and since I don't have a LIVE account, I don't), I couldn't. I don't have nearly that much space free on my 360's tiny 20GB hard drive.

Then again, GTA4 pretty much soured me on the entire series, so I'll probably skip it anyways. But if I was going to get the game, I'd pretty much have to get it on PS3. Yikes.

Sethos

Banned
I mean is it the whole other thing, or online in GTAV is so huge they call it like this? Like MGS4 had Metal Gear Online

Was just poking, I however expect it to be akin to RDR's more open form of online. So you can free-roam and that's the "lobby" basically, meet people like that and you can seamlessly go from your SP world into the MP world without loads. So it becomes slightly like an MMO

Am I the only one who would actually prefer GTA Co-op instead of player vs player?

Easily. Competitive multiplayer is terrible. I'd much rather enjoy myself with other people than be forced to play against scum I would rather wipe off the bottom of my shoe than ever actually speak to. Which is 90% of the people on the Internet.

Hip Hop

Am I the only one who would actually prefer GTA Co-op instead of player vs player?

Maybe that's what they are also bringing this time around? Red Dead had the traditional PvP, but also plenty of co op missions that ranged from wave survival to fort takeovers. Wouldn't be surprised if all that was coming over. I want choices though, have both PvP and Co Op.

Blastoise

Banned
I don't have Gold anymore, so I will probably get the PS3 version for the online stuff...... unless its another RDR situation.

They can not delay it because of next-gen starting 2 months after the release.

Even if some parts will have bugs. I bet they rather release it and patch it further.

Dont think that matters in the slightest. There's still great 360/ps3 games coming out next year and it sure as hell didnt hurt god of war 2.

GTA IV also had quite a few co-op scenarios, so it's safe to assume we are going to see more co-op.

I would love to see the entire story being taken over just like Gearbox did with Borderlands 2.

Play the game singleplayer style but set your game to open so you can invite your buddies to join you on your crusade.

Fjordson

Easily. Competitive multiplayer is terrible. I'd much rather enjoy myself with other people than be forced to play against scum I would rather wipe off the bottom of my shoe than ever actually speak to. Which is 90% of the people on the Internet.
They may have some of that here. And Red Dead in online free roam presented some really neat co-op opportunities. Always loved taking out gang hideouts with my cousin (and fighting off any asshole players that we would come across out in the trail).

For V, the heist focus conjures up some pretty obvious co-op scenarios. Different roles for different players, cops vs. robbers, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some sort of co-op mode online separate from any competitive modes.

I thought graphics didn't matter guys?

And people say PS4's extra power won't make a difference. Ha fucking ha. Judging from the comments in this thread even the tiniest of differences matters. Man I wish there next gen version of GTA5.

Nooooooooooo. I'm still rocking my 20GB from 2006, and my USB drive is full of XBLA games. I am not upgrading my hdd this late.

Sethos

Banned
I would love to see the entire story being taken over just like Gearbox did with Borderlands 2.

Play the game singleplayer style but set your game to open so you can invite your buddies to join you on your crusade.

Yeah would be sweet. Maybe next generation we'll see more full co-op implementations.

Fjordson

I think that's tough to do here since each character has his own independent story, on top of the overarching plot involving all three protagonists, and I'm sure Rockstar's aim is to have you experience all three stories and how they feed into the main plot. Might hurt the single-player experience if you weren't seeing all three angles.

And apart from the narrative reasons, all three characters have unique missions and side content, so you'd have to play solo for potentially long stretches of time.

It would be cool to see in the future somehow, though.

They may have some of that here. And Red Dead in online free roam presented some really neat co-op opportunities. Always loved taking out gang hideouts with my cousin (and fighting off any asshole players that we would come across out in the trail).

For V, the heist focus conjures up some pretty obvious co-op scenarios. Different roles for different players, cops vs. robbers, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some sort of co-op mode online separate from any competitive modes.

Red Dead's free roam mode is probably one of the ways I'd handle GTA multiplayer. I really enjoyed working with friends and fixing the countryside...and it was kind of nice to play as a good guy for a change. Kind of.

But I did have another thought - when I was a kid and GTA was actually fun to play (so before GTAIV stripped out all the entertaining elements and craziness and stuck that physics engine in that made driving even WORSE), my friends and I used to basically play a "multiplayer mode" where we would each have to create as much chaos as possible until we died or got arrested, then pass the controller to the next player. I'd love a mode like that, where the game actually scored each player on how much destruction and chaos they created. It wouldn't obviously be the MAIN multiplayer mode, but kind of like a bonus mode like the Mayhem Mode in Saint's Row.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think that's tough to do here since each character has his own independent story, on top of the overarching plot involving all three protagonists, and I'm sure Rockstar's aim is to have you experience all three stories and how they feed into the main plot. Might hurt the single-player experience if you weren't seeing all three angles.

And apart from the narrative reasons, all three characters have unique missions and side content, so you'd have to play solo for potentially long stretches of time.

It would be cool to see in the future somehow, though.

I'm hoping for something like that in RDR2: Whereas RDR was (kind of) The Wild Bunch as seen from Robert Ryan's/Deke Thorton's point of view, I'm hoping RDR2 will be The Good, The Bad and The Ugly with a fully co-op campaign.

I can dream...:)

Red Dead's free roam mode is probably one of the ways I'd handle GTA multiplayer. I really enjoyed working with friends and fixing the countryside...and it was kind of nice to play as a good guy for a change. Kind of.

But I did have another thought - when I was a kid and GTA was actually fun to play (so before GTAIV stripped out all the entertaining elements and craziness and stuck that physics engine in that made driving even WORSE), my friends and I used to basically play a "multiplayer mode" where we would each have to create as much chaos as possible until we died or got arrested, then pass the controller to the next player. I'd love a mode like that, where the game actually scored each player on how much destruction and chaos they created. It wouldn't obviously be the MAIN multiplayer mode, but kind of like a bonus mode like the Mayhem Mode in Saint's Row.

Waitamin--- I thought you hated multiplayer?!

I'm hoping for something like that in RDR2: Whereas RDR was (kind of) The Wild Bunch as seen from Robert Ryan's/Deke Thorton's point of view, I'm hoping RDR2 will be The Good, The Bad and The Ugly with a fully co-op campaign.

I can dream...:)

Waitamin--- I thought you hated multiplayer?!

I hate competitive multiplayer. I have absolutely nothing against co-op, as long as it's handled properly and not forced kicking and screaming into a game or genre that doesn't need or call for it.

Top Bottom