• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

"Los Santos is bigger than RDR, GTA IV and San Andreas combined."

You can explore underwater sections of the city.

tumblr_m9g0tsjEGv1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just to clarify: they say you can "explore the sea floor". They don't really detail that part, though.

Solo

"Vertical space counts. You could pack 9 San Andreas in the air space above Los Santos. It's insane."

Okay, that makes me feel better if verticality is part of it. Because RDR's world was mammoth but manageable and GTA:SA's and GTA4's worlds were already too damn big for me. I don't like worlds that are so big that I'll only ever see 25% of it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Dan Houser:

The cars hold to the ground a bit better. There are not a lot of high-level racing games out there at the moment, and that itch is going to be scratched by this game in a way maybe it hasn't been in previous GTAs.

Robot Pants

I think the "different characters have different skills" was interpreted wrong.
In the article they just seem to imply that they have different "skill sets" but only in terms of being different characters from each other. Not RPG "skill sets".

Fully detailed ocean floor, military base, sprawling suburbs, wine country, wilderness, fully explorable Mt Chiliad, Salton Sea type region....

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Dan Houser on shooting: We feel like we've evolved it on from where we had it in any previous game a long way. And not just in terms of how it works, but also in terms of the core mechanics of how you play the game.

Melee: It's better than we've had in the past. How far we can push it -- we will see depending on resources we allocate to it.

We do want it to feel really fun and strong.

Milchjon

Dan Houser:

The cars hold to the ground a bit better. There are not a lot of high-level racing games out there at the moment, and that itch is going to be scratched by this game in a way maybe it hasn't been in previous GTAs.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

BLEH @ you people with the "too big" stuff. I welcome all the wide open space. Hopping in a vehicle and cruising for hours listening to the radio doing nothing in SA was one of my fondest memories. There was no space in GTAIV.

Top Bottom