• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

Exactly. Waaaaay too big with too much barren space.

Vice City is the most perfectly sized sandbox world. Large, but not overwhelmingly so, with memorable locations everywhere. Come at me.

I'd say LC 2.0 was the perfect size. Nice number of islands, densely packed, easy to traverse across in a few minutes.

Bit worried now... I really didn't like SA!

Solo

BLEH @ you people with the "too big" stuff. I welcome all the wide open space. Hopping in a vehicle and cruising for hours listening to the radio doing nothing in SA was one of my fondest memories. There was no space in GTAIV.

Big is fine, but there comes a point where its too big and seeing the world becomes a daunting/tedious task.

Linkhero1

Skyrim took only 4-5gigs of space on all platforms, but I dont belive that GTA V will use procedural generation of enviroment that much.

How big was the Skyrim map? I'm not sure I understand procedural generation that much in detail. How does that affect the size of the game?

The world will be massive, but the different characters seem to be located at different places when they start of. So you can switch characters on the fly and they'll be at a totally different side of the map maybe.

Exactly. Waaaaay too big with too much barren space.

Vice City is the most perfectly sized sandbox world. Large, but not overwhelmingly so, with memorable locations everywhere. Come at me.

San Andreas was excellent, imho. I loved the deserts, the forests, and all the weird shit that (may or may not) have went on in the dead of night. GTA V sounds like what I wanted GTA IV to be.

Okay I wanted to buy it but unless the new issue shows up in the next like 10-15 minutes it'll be pointless, all the info's going to be posted already.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't see any amazing weather effects ala RDR.

pre-order the fuck canceled.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the teenage son is named jimmy, eh?
397203-jimmyhf9_large.jpg

Milchjon

The world will be massive, but the different characters seem to be located at different places when they start of. So you can switch characters on the fly and they'll be at a totally different side of the map maybe.

Is it true that they don't just stay put while you're off playing a different protagonist?

Raptomex

San Andreas was excellent, imho. I loved the deserts, the forests, and all the weird shit that (may or may not) have went on in the dead of night. GTA V sounds like what I wanted GTA IV to be.
Agreed. San Andreas was excellent. And it's not like it felt rushed either. Each city was detailed and had it's own atmosphere. Excellent work. Can't wait for this.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
More vehicles than any other Grand Theft Auto to date.

Confirmed ones: BMX bike, mountain bikes, road bikes, dirt bikes, trucks, helicopters, planes, ATVs and Jet Skis.

SJRB

Gold Member
Michael is easily my favourite character, he looks cool as hell and I love his backstory.

Hype x 1000

TheNatural

My Member!
Big ass world and better handling, seems like a lot of people will be happy reading about this.

A full fledged golf game is in too if anyone noticed. I could see myself playing the fuck out of that one.

Megasoum

Banned
I just realized...the yellow car in the screenshot (under the bike one)...that's an Audi R8 and you can see the Audi logo... So they got licensed car now!?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Solo: Was totally joking ... i'm sure they mean to imply the expanse of the world.. not dev speaking and including the air above Los Santos ;)

... personally... crazy in love with the idea of a game world hand and fist HUGE above the previous games. Best feeling in all these games in learning the world and getting your feet only to turn a corner and find something new and getting lost for a few hours. Hell ... that was 30% of the enjoyment of RDR. Riding around in the expansive wilderness with nothing but coyotes and buzzards to keep you company.

Besides.. jets are in for sure. You need space to play and burn it and get off line and crash and then take a 15 minute hike to the nearest gas station to rob it and kill the owner and jack his wife's Infernus.

God... it took like 2 pages and i'm heady in the GTA head space and probably will be now until spring. Need this. Inside me.

"Each character has a fully fleshed out story arc, but instead of waiting until the finale to introduce complex story missions, GTAV peppers several complicated, multitiered heists in the vein of GTA4's popular "Three Leaf Clover" mission across the narrative."

Dan goes on to say that heists are a big theme in the game.

Solo

I just hope the game is more......fun and cartoony like 3/VC/SA and not "realistic" and gritty like 4.

Crazyorloco

Dynamic missions sound cool.

While on a mission, you might see something happening (someone getting mugged) while driving and have something else to do...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Los Santos is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA 4, with room to spare.

I don't wanna spoil the locations but DAMN.

"Each character has a fully fleshed out story arc, but instead of waiting until the finale to introduce complex story missions, GTAV peppers several complicated, multitiered heists in the vein of GTA4's popular "Three Leaf Clover" mission across the narrative."

Dan goes on to say that heists are a big theme in the game.

wfbq3fqb3jklfbjkl123fjkb23blgjb234jklgbl234

Heists are the BEST mission types. I really hope they're great in this game.

Top Bottom