• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

Feature

Banned
The guys from rockstar must know about all the visual mods on the PC for GTA 4. When they finally release this game on PC I expect nothing less than those visuals.

GlamFM

Banned
I´m entirely convinced we will have multiple protagonists.
Seems like a very "Rockstar" thing to do, especially since they started it in GTA IV and had it in RDR too.

Moving back and forth pulp fiction style between different stories that have a lot of crossover would be awesome.

In the end you will have to pick one character and kill the other two (wild guess)

I´d say the older guy as a playable character is a safe bet. I consider the first trailer to be "his" trailer, explaining his motivations.

Black guy has been featured a lot recently so he´s my pick for second character and second trailer.

I like the balding guy a lot - but I also like the Idea of playing as a female cop.

Of course I could (and might) be completely wrong. We´ll see later today.

Hindle

Banned
This has to be the a return to form for Rockstar. Bring back the fun, the hilarity, the memorable missions.

rouken

This has to be the a return to form for Rockstar. Bring back the fun, the hilarity, the memorable missions.

well, as evidence by the ballad of gay tony, rockstar has learned their mistakes. i think that's why they already jumped to gta v. because it will be a very new game. unlike the grayness that gta iv left behind.

I´m entirely convinced we will have multiple protagonists.
Seems like a very "Rockstar" thing to do, especially since they started it in GTA IV and had it in RDR too.

Moving back and forth pulp fiction style between different stories that have a lot of crossover would be awesome.

In the end you will have to pick one character and kill the other two (wild guess)

I´d say the older guy as a playable character is a safe bet. I consider the first trailer to be "his" trailer, explaining his motivations.

Black guy has been featured a lot recently so he´s my pick for second character and second trailer.

I like the balding guy a lot - but I also like the Idea of playing as a female cop.

Of course I could (and might) be completely wrong. We´ll see later today.

Or the main game is a single protagonist but they're demoing characters that will be playable via DLC a lá episodes from Liberty City?

Pachimari

I really wish there would be horses, at least at the countryside in GTA V - just take it from RDR. Why not borrow some elements from their other games.

GlamFM

Banned
Or the main game is a single protagonist but they're demoing characters that will be playable via DLC a lá episodes from Liberty City?

I don´t think the GTA IV episodes really payed off for Rockstar. I don´t expect to get DLC this huge this time around.

Especially since we will be in full next gen mode right after e3.

I don´t think the GTA IV episodes really payed off for Rockstar. I don´t expect to get DLC this huge this time around.

Very much a shame then as they were the ideal way of doing DLC, really breathed new life into the same city.

Dabanton

They already made the best open-world game this generation. More of a "continue to be great" I'd say =D

Agree.

GTA:IV is my favorite game this gen.

All the games they've made this gen have been leading up to this.

All the refinements of their engine,the movement of characters,fixing their biggest weakness:using weapons, the physics,the writing and characterization.

It all leads here.

Like they've said this is their biggest game ever.

Pachimari

What I really hope for are better melee fights.

Also, I hope for more than "bringing back" or what we have already had in the serires, like quad bikes, bikes, jets and all that. Something more freshening, indeed like the dogs, horses, fairies, riding the canals or something. Maybe real scary thunder storms to make a great atmosphere.

I think this is the first time I'm excited for a GTA, besides San Andreas which I were also excited about back in the days.

Fjordson

Yeah, really a shame the GTA IV episodes weren't more popular. Been playing Gay Tony yesterday and today and it's still so much fun.

I wonder how well Undead Nightmare sold for Red Dead.

GlamFM

Banned
Very much a shame then as they were the ideal way of doing DLC, really breathed new life into the same city.

I fully agree with you. Unfortunately it has become very apparent that gamers are willing to pay the same for a lot less when it comes to DLC.

Dabanton

Yeah, really a shame the GTA IV episodes weren't more popular. Been playing Gay Tony yesterday and today and it's still so much fun.

I wonder how well Undead Nightmare sold for Red Dead.

I think if the GTA:Episodes were released digitally and on disc on the same day they would have done much better. But obviously they had two games to put out. So they had to wait.

I also think the last few years console people have become more comfortable buying bigger digital games.

Fjordson

I think if the GTA:Episodes were released digitally and on disc on the same day they would have done much better. But obviously they had two games to put out. So they had to wait.

I also think the last few years console people have become more comfortable buying bigger digital games.
Yeah, that's true.

Also sort of wish they hadn't gone 360 exclusive at first. A release on all three platforms would have been better (though I'm sure they got a mountain of cash from Microsoft).

How was the story based element of Undead Nightmare? I got a 'primarily multiplayer' vibe from it so I avoided it.
It's fantastic. Marston put in the apocalyptic situation that Undead Nightmare sets up is hilarious, and it has a bunch of neat cameos from other story characters.

Also has some cool additions out in the wild that I don't want to spoil.

I liked TLAD but hated and I mean hated TBOGT.
Luis is such a shitty character surrounded by more obnoxious, shitty characters.

I'll take a game full of cell phone calls from Roman than play that again.

The DLCs were well done generally but it really showed how stale the formula had become.

It's fantastic. Marston put in the apocalyptic situation that Undead Nightmare sets up is hilarious, and it has a bunch of neat cameos from other story characters.

Also has some cool additions out in the wild that I don't want to spoil.

Oooh colour me intrigued, I might have to pick up the stand alone then.

Fjordson

Luis is such a shitty character surrounded by more obnoxious, shitty characters.

The DLCs were well done generally but it really showed how stale the formula had become.
Really? Hmm. I think Gay Tony is really, really fun. Love Luis and Tony.

Only people I don't like are his two childhood friends. Armando...and the other guy. Both of 'em are annoying as shit and I wish the story didn't have Luis help them out.

Tony and Yusuf are the best characters from GTA4 imo.

rouken

That doesn't mention Jetski guy?
The description and pic seem to be legit but released too early by Shortlist but we don't know if that's the main character yet.

well both articles i've seen have that pic so they may be implying that but not totally mentioning because journalism

bud23

Yes, the episodes sold less than expected and this time they need to move quickly to the next gen. Dan Houser already spoke on the matter.
“from a creative standpoint, [GTA 4 episodes] were absolutely fantastic. We are very, very, very proud of them. And we are kind of compelled due to various other business factors to make them that size. But something at $20 for DLC, maybe $10 is a more exciting price point”

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/134918/dan_houser_on_how_rockstar_does_it.php?page=3

Do a ban bet!

haha,I´m joking,obviously.

I don't see what significant and interesting features they can add to GTA when it's still constrained within this generation of consoles.

What a bizarre statement. By the time V releases IV will be 5 years old. You don't see what significant features they could have added over 5 years? This generation has evolved in a gargantuan way over that period. And even going by Rockstars efforts last gen, they went from 3 to San Andreas which was a leap I don't think anybody was expecting.

dreamfall

SO SOON. I loved the Episodes. I realize that perhaps the model may not be successful. Those 15 hour adventures were $19.99. These days, we've got publishers (Rockstar included) charging more than twenty dollars for a season pass of just multiplayer additions. It's upsetting- but I've got hope because Undead Nightmare was really wonderful.

In all honesty, I liked how L.A. Noire played it- single case additions, added throughout for $9.99. Unfortunately, the game didn't feel complete without the cases even if they offered more content as time progressed. And, this was one of our first introductions to Season passes. Most publishers are doing this now- but they charge so much, and offer so little.

Edit: And Luis Lopez was my favorite protagonist in Liberty City! Buckethead and I disagree on everything character related!

Weve had virtually no information whatsoever for the past year since the trailer, apart from a handful of screens.

And now were only hours away from pages & pages of details. Excitement rising.

jackrubyn

SO SOON. I loved the Episodes. I realize that perhaps the model may not be successful. Those 15 hour adventures were $19.99. These days, we've got publishers (Rockstar included) charging more than twenty dollars for a season pass of just multiplayer additions. It's upsetting- but I've got hope because Undead Nightmare was really wonderful.

In all honesty, I liked how L.A. Noire played it- single case additions, added throughout for $9.99. Unfortunately, the game didn't feel complete without the cases even if they offered more content as time progressed. And, this was one of our first introductions to Season passes. Most publishers are doing this now- but they charge so much, and offer so little.

Edit: And Luis Lopez was my favorite protagonist in Liberty City! Buckethead and I disagree on everything character related!
Each new case was $9.99? That's just obscene, if so.

Top Bottom