• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

I think 'stuff to spend money on' is the biggest item by far on my wish list. I don't feel like there has ever been enough to do with all the money you get. I want to have to earn phat stax for any good reason they can come up with.

Yeah, this is something that GTA5 definitely needs. GTA4 felt like a step back to GTA3 where there wasn't shit to spend money on except guns. I'll take VC levels of stuff to buy, be happy with SA levels of stuff to buy, and be ecstatic with SR2 levels of stuff to buy.

lefantome

I want the next GTA game to be based in the same region as RDR, but in current times. Have the protagonist be a descendant of John Marston.

That would be great, what if with a special machine you can revive your ancestor life, you will be able to play in both world. That would be even greater.
They can add a scifi theme, maybe a secret organization is planning to destroy the world and maybe there are some forerunners/prothean/whatever with mysterious secret facilities to explore!

awesome! I hope R* reads these posts and takes notes!

dreamfall

That would be great, what if with a special machine you can revive your ancestor life, you will be able to play in both world. That would be great.
They can add a scifi theme, maybe a secret organization is planning to destroy the world and maybe there are some forerunners/prothean/whatever with mysterious secret facilities to explore!

awesome! I hop R* reads these posts and takes notes!

I'm dying over here. I think Ubisoft took notes a little too closely...!

Pachimari

Now I'm confused.. Do I have to actually subscribe to the iPad magazine or can I just buy the single issue like past issues today?

I hope the GI app will auto-download the correct issue. Last time it was happy to tell me in the morning that the previous month's issue was ready to be read...

This is EASILY my most anticipated game since GTA IV

Same here; I can't fucking wait for another GTA set in San Andreas. Bicycles are in, or so it seems from that one screenshot. Trust me GAF, I'll be biking across the map!

I just ordered the digital subscription; what happens here, do they ACTUALLY send me some sort of card that I have to then redeem online? How silly! I'll cancel that order and just go to the shop and/or pick it up on the stand.

dreamfall

This is EASILY my most anticipated game since GTA IV

I'd say Red Dead Redemption for me- that turned out to be my favorite game of this console generation thus far. Really excited to see how this takes the best of GTA IV and some of Red Dead!

Dabanton

I hope if property is in that the big houses are expensive. So you really do have to find smart ways to make money whether that be dealing drugs,armed robbery,stealing cars,rigging car races etc to be able to afford them.

Abit of a tal order but maybe having repossessions if you don't keep up payments on your mortgage could be pretty crazy.

Would really drive the money at all costs theme I think the game will go for.

BFIB

That would be great, what if with a special machine you can revive your ancestor life, you will be able to play in both world. That would be even greater.

awesome! I hope R* reads these posts and takes notes!

Touche sir, touche.

Got my Nexus 7 charging, can't wait to read the article.

I'm pretty much going to be doing school related stuff from 11:30 to 5:30 so you all better have this shit laid out for me when I get back. I'll still probably get the GI issue on my ipad later on.

Come on man, let people have a negative opinion about GTAIV for ONCE, geez. We get it - you love it. Lots of others dont.

Anyways, my GI subscription ran out a couple months ago, but I'll be picking up the mag on the 16th.

It has nothing to do with like or dislike, it's the idiotic "I didn't like it and a bunch of posters on GAF didn't like it so basically it's a worldwide conspiracy that reviewers and other people actually enjoyed it" ... that's just BS and I'll call it out when I see it, it's still usually in the top 10 on XBL and it's almost 5 years old, it's still in the top 50 Steam games played also (I think #30 or so). There is no conspiracy.

And I had my times completely messed up LOL, I'll hopefully be home by the time I read this.

Yeah, this is something that GTA5 definitely needs. GTA4 felt like a step back to GTA3 where there wasn't shit to spend money on except guns. I'll take VC levels of stuff to buy, be happy with SA levels of stuff to buy, and be ecstatic with SR2 levels of stuff to buy.

I don't care about character customization at all but the idea of buying safe houses and upgrade to a base or cars would be nice.

Derrick01

Banned
It has nothing to do with like or dislike, it's the idiotic "I didn't like it and a bunch of posters on GAF didn't like it so basically it's a worldwide conspiracy that reviewers and other people actually enjoyed it" ... that's just BS and I'll call it out when I see it, it's still usually in the top 10 on XBL and it's almost 5 years old, it's still in the top 50 Steam games played also (I think #30 or so). There is no conspiracy.

And I had my times completely messed up LOL, I'll hopefully be home by the time I read this.

Let's not pretend now that the way the media handled GTA 4's reviews was anything but completely embarrassing and the lowest point in their industry's history.

lefantome

Touche sir, touche.

Got my Nexus 7 charging, can't wait to read the article.

Just a joke.

The idea of visiting the same place in different ages/conditions is good, I appreciated it in Gothic 2 ages ago.

But in the case of a GTA/RDR it has to be completely different, so I don't think it will make sense, also RDR map is small for a GTA with countryside

dreamfall

I don't care about character customization at all but the idea of buying safe houses and upgrade to a base or cars would be nice.

We should definitely have safe houses and car customization! I don't care much for character customization (weight/build) either but I need outfits! I want to be able to pay for a different wardrobe- or at least a cool suit. Like IV, but with more options!

Edit: I'm also not sure how I feel about gun/driving proficiency from use like in San Andreas. It was a good way to upgrade your skillset, but damn I spent a lot of time shooting blown up cars to up it quick.

For sure, I don't need character customization of SR2 in a GTA. GTA characters are pretty well defined as it is, although I still enjoy playing dress-up. What I really want from SR2 is purchasing cars, boats, airplanes, docks, airplane hangers and shit like that. And when you buy a car you can always get it back, even if it's destroyed.

Not realistic sure, but in GTA4 I never wanted to use my decent cars I had saved. Either they'd get blown up somehow, or if I started a mission the mission would erase them. and some of those cars were a bitch to come by.

We should definitely have safe houses and car customization! I don't care much for character customization (weight/build) either but I need outfits! I want to be able to pay for a different wardrobe- or at least a cool suit. Like IV, but with more options!

Edit: I'm also not sure how I feel about gun/driving proficiency from use like in San Andreas. It was a good way to upgrade your skillset, but damn I spent a lot of time shooting blown up cars to up it quick.

I wouldn't mind having the driving proficiency back.

BFIB

Let's not pretend now that the way the media handled GTA 4's reviews was anything but completely embarrassing and the lowest point in their industry's history.

This.

I think "Oscar worth story" or whatever IGN said was my jump the shark moment of gaming journalism.

Loved the game, but hearing "beeg american tittees!" 100 times from Roman is no where near Oscar worthy.

Oh god that has me thinking. Bikes in multiplayer >_>

So is there a way to get instant access to GI digital issues? As I said Gamestop has you order some absurd card code that they then ship to you. At least that's what it seems...

Yeah, download the app and it has issues available for sale. There are a couple free ones in there too so you can see how they are. I DL'd the Gears of War one.

It's actually a really cool layout. Unfortunately I just changed my address and to switch your print version to digital you need a number from the actual magazine so I'm SOL until they send my new one in a couple months.

I will probably buy the digital for $5 if I'm home at the time it's released.
Thank you. Is it only for iPad? No browser? I'll just have to use my wife's iPad to check it out. I may end up just getting it off the stands.

Yeah, iPad and 10" Android devices I believe. Basically ones that support the digital magazine style ... wonder if Nook Color would get it?

We should have a GAF meetup online and just bike across the entirety of the map.

Oh shit, that's such a great idea. GAF rides...

I so hope they have cycling gear in the game.

Yeah, download the app and it has issues available for sale. There are a couple free ones in there too so you can see how they are. I DL'd the Gears of War one.

It's actually a really cool layout. Unfortunately I just changed my address and to switch your print version to digital you need a number from the actual magazine so I'm SOL until they send my new one in a couple months.

I will probably buy the digital for $5 if I'm home at the time it's released.

Thank you. Is it only for iPad? No browser? I'll just have to use my wife's iPad to check it out. I may end up just getting it off the stands.

Marleyman

Banned
Come on man, let people have a negative opinion about GTAIV for ONCE, geez. We get it - you love it. Lots of others dont.

Anyways, my GI subscription ran out a couple months ago, but I'll be picking up the mag on the 16th.

It is one thing to have an opinion; it is another to wildly speculate an industry wide conspiracy.

My balls are tingling in anticipation

gif064ub7.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Ok I just want to be sure how it works...

I know we can't buy a single GI issue on PC, only on tablet (that's so stupid) but if I would subscribe I would still get today's issue on PC at 4pm EST?

And how much does it cost to subscribe? On the site they say 12 issues for 19.99$... That's 20$ total or 20$ per issues?

Horns

IV's story was one of the best in gaming for a little less than the first half IMO. It was the second half of IV's story that was a big let down compared to the first 10 hours of the game.

GlamFM

Banned
Ok I just want to be sure how it works...

I know we can't buy a single GI issue on PC, only on tablet (that's so stupid) but if I would subscribe I would still get today's issue on PC at 4pm EST?

And how much does it cost to subscribe? On the site they say 12 issues for 19.99$... That's 20$ total or 20$ per issues?

What´s not to understand?

For sure, I don't need character customization of SR2 in a GTA. GTA characters are pretty well defined as it is, although I still enjoy playing dress-up. What I really want from SR2 is purchasing cars, boats, airplanes, docks, airplane hangers and shit like that. And when you buy a car you can always get it back, even if it's destroyed.

Not realistic sure, but in GTA4 I never wanted to use my decent cars I had saved. Either they'd get blown up somehow, or if I started a mission the mission would erase them. and some of those cars were a bitch to come by.

I wouldn't mind having the driving proficiency back.

As against the nature of GTA as it would be, I would love some kind of car combat upgrading. Being able to put plating or gun on a vehicle or something that would upgrade the planes. A mos to make a crop duster go super sonic would be so fun and stupid.

I want my GTA to have a little stupid in it.

Derrick01

Banned
So you have proof that Rockstar held a gun to their heads/bribed them?

They didn't have to. They masterfully manipulated the media through their hype cycle to the point the media was sitting and wagging their tails, waiting for Rockstar to hand them their treat that was GTA 4 when review time came.

Top Bottom