• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

SteeloDMZ

Banned
IV's story was one of the best in gaming for a little less than the first half IMO. It was the second half of IV's story that was a big let down compared to the first 10 hours of the game.

I thought some of the latest parts
where Roman or Niko's gf die
were fucking fantastic.

Marleyman

Banned
They didn't have to. They masterfully manipulated the media through their hype cycle to the point the media was sitting and wagging their tails, waiting for Rockstar to hand them their treat that was GTA 4 when review time came.

Do you know of any reviewers that later mentioned this?

I am hopeful the story learned lessons from Red Dead Redemption.

Niko wasn't likable. He constantly complained about it situation, then sent out and slaughter his enemies. Only to complain some more.

Marston was deeper and infinitely more likable. He didn't complain, was easier to sympathize with and was actually someone I wanted to root for.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Man I wish this was coming to a different platform in addition to the ones it is already coming to!

According to an ex Edge staffer Rockstar and assumedly Future changed the GTA IV review from a 9 to a 10 between the review being finished by the author and the issue going to print.

They changed it by literally typing a different number into the review draft or what? This sounds like an interesting story but I don't understand the logistics.

I can agree that GTAIV was a great example of the media getting carried away and there are couple of choice quotes to demonstrate it, but it's also not a grand conspiracy and the game is pretty decent.

Andy McNamara just tweeted "East coast gangster? Really?" implying the information about the protagonist revealed in the other magazine might be wrong.

Do you think the cover will be the balding guy on a quad with a sniper rifle in his hands?

Because it is the only artwork not officially released.

4M7UB.jpg

rouken

Do you think the cover will be the balding guy on a quad with a sniper gun in his hands?

Because it is the only artwork not officially released.

ehhh, the cover will be the main character. and i think i've seen that as promotional art on some stores. you think they would have given GI something exclusive for its cover right?

Top Bottom