• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V : Getting Ready for the Next Generation in Los Santos

Gonna double dip on the PS4 version once I've wrapped up FarCry 4 on the PC. Hopefully any launch day glitches/issues are ironed out by then.

6 more days until.....

GTA-games-gif-child-884785.gif

and about 12 years until he starts playing pokemon

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is GTA Online getting all the DLC packs from the past year? I've skipped the past 2-3 months on GTA Online but I noticed some of the new packs are pretty awesome with new masks and gear but I'll be gutted if I cant get them.

DarkKyo

Ugh, it hurts that I have to wait for the PC version of this. Looks amazing. I have a PS4 but PC will likely be the best version due to modding.

Tobor

Is GTA Online getting all the DLC packs from the past year? I've skipped the past 2-3 months on GTA Online but I noticed some of the new packs are pretty awesome with new masks and gear but I'll be gutted if I cant get them.

Yes, you get everything.

Portugeezer

This game is making me all giddy inside, like the feeling San Andreas gave me.

Heard Ryan Mcaffrey on IGN say the framerate wasn't a locked 30fps, which is a shame, but I hope the dips aren't too frequent.

Will give the finger to Online mode and first-person perspective, will bask in the glory of seeing everything else improved and better.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Ugh, it hurts that I have to wait for the PC version of this. Looks amazing. I have a PS4 but PC will likely be the best version due to modding.

Speaking of modding I don't believe they've confirmed yet that there will be official mod tools. I also wonder how it'll work with GTA Online. Here's hoping they allow unranked servers for modded games or something. Just playing this in 1st person and 60fps is going to be insanely good looking.

High hopes for this one on PC, mainly due to mod potential.

This is pretty smart of them:

we need your continued help, and, maybe, just a little patience if there are any teething problems around the launch on the new systems. We have, of course, tested the game extensively but there is no way our several hundred testers can be quite as comprehensive as millions of players! Please bear with us should any issues arise - we will be working hard to fix any problems that arise, and generally ensure this launch is as smooth as possible.

A preemptive strike and warning that this is probably one of the 'larger' launches and may have issues.

I like it. As much as I hate having troubled launches, just the acceptance and acknowledgement instead of silence and nothing is a step in the right direction.

Hip Hop

Get the console version, then sell it once the PC version is out. GTA holds its value pretty well. That's what I'm doing.

I am so envious of those of you getting the game next week. The end of January seems a long way away (plus I am worried about the PC version and how well it will run).

This game is making me all giddy inside, like the feeling San Andreas gave me.

Heard Ryan Mcaffrey on IGN say the framerate wasn't a locked 30fps, which is a shame, but I hope the dips aren't too frequent.

Well there's going to be a Day 1 patch for "some last tweaks and optimization fixes" so hopefully any really big issues with framerate are ironed out with that (if that patch has anything to do with that of course)

shandy706

Is this going to crash the Xbox Live servers too? :(

I've not had any problems with Xbox Live.

Are you just referring to some people's experiences in MCC?

Thankfully I'll be pushing through the single player for the first time before I go anywhere near the online portion. Should give them time to smooth things out.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Luckily, Gamefly sent a "Restart your membership for $1" email yesterday, so I will be able to create an online save with the last-gen version to get content on the current-gen version. Which is good, because the content looks significant.

I'm assuming your comment is related to the fact that the parents are giving their child a copy of GTAV, and not related to the fact that the child is all excited and crying?
If it's the second, then not cool :p I never cried but I remember being way too excited (though not in front of my family or brother) when arriving home with certain games and waiting for the console and TV to start so I could play!

I mean the fact that

"Here son, have this game you're obviously not of age for and that is full of violence etc and a great torture scene!"

When i was at the midnight launch for GTAV there were kids in their school uniform with their parents getting the game for them. I honestly couldn't believe what i was seeing.

Crying over a game though? Get a grip no matter how old.

Derpyduck

Banned
Word of warning to anyone that bought in-game cash, it won't make the transfer from 360 to PS4 or from PS3 to Xbox One. It only transfers between console families. Again, that only pertains to purchased cash.

So the character creator won't be a pile of dogshit? Good to know. Now let us modify our character's physical appearance whenever we want.

How do kids that young have such an attachment to GTA? It's not like they were around for the PS2 era right?

Don't think it has anything to do with an attachment to GTA.

It's cultural popularity + demand + inability to delay gratification + idolatry = well, whatever the heck that kid is doing.

Makes me shake my head.

Xamdou

Did they ever add bank heist in the game? Seems to me like its the most wanted add on to the game since launch.

Number45

Skipped the PS3 version for this (thanks, unnamed friend who loaned my one of his copies (!) for the bonus goodies). Will I be able to jump straight in on first person mode or does it need to be unlocked?

Logash

I literally only did the main missions when I owned this on PS3. I heard that there were tons of side missions with cutscenes and regular mission quality. Is this true? If so how much content did I really miss and is it worth buying it on PS4?

Top Bottom