• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V : Getting Ready for the Next Generation in Los Santos

Apt101

I'm going to be a swollen mass by the time November ends. So many games. I may as well place the local delivery places on speed dial now....

hbkdx12

Even though it probably won't happen I kinda want Rockstar to release something like this.
Would be too hilarious.

iSc8woc57XxjK.jpg

As much as i would love the pot shot, rockstar would be stupid to stoop to that level.

Dachande

I literally only did the main missions when I owned this on PS3. I heard that there were tons of side missions with cutscenes and regular mission quality. Is this true? If so how much content did I really miss and is it worth buying it on PS4?

Yeah, the Strangers and Freaks missions (with a few exceptions) have full mocap cutscenes and generally are of the same quality to the main missions, with the exception of not being tied to the main story flow and being a little shorter as a whole. Some of them are a bit different (a couple are gates to collectathon ambient tasks, another couple unlock scripted mission-style tasks around the map), but for the most part, they're more mission content.

EDIT: Oh, you missed, er... quite a lot. I dunno what sort of percentage to put on it. The Social Club checklist page lists 58 individual missions under "Strangers and Freaks". For comparison, it lists 69 main missions. Whether that's worth it for you to rebuy the game is your call.

this seems like preemptive damage control and they are definitely expecting shit to break on launch day. Oh well I guess it really can't be avoided nowadays. I am more interested in the SP anyways. bring on that new SP content soon rockstar!!

Yeah, sounds like another unfinished and broken game found its way on the retail disc. Isnt this industry awesome?! They always find new ways to make this hobby better and better. Now its the new big thing to release unfinished and broken games to the gamers. So fun.

Apt101

i was out of college when GTA3 came out. :( I'm so old Im not even looked as a person anymore. lol

hah. As a guy once told me when I was the tender age of 28: once you hit 40 people don't care what you have to say anymore. Almost there. If I didn't have a baby face that still gets me carded for alcohol I'd be feeling it. I already see how these young scamps ract when they find out I'm actually in my mid 30's.

Cube

Played my roommates copy on the ps3 (and he played my copy of TLoU) so I am definitely picking this up for XBO early next year.

Yeah, sounds like another unfinished and broken game found its way on the retail disc. Isnt this industry awesome?! They always find new ways to make this hobby better and better. Now its the new big thing to release unfinished and broken games to the gamers. So fun.

Yes, Rockstar is known for unfinished and broken games.

antitrop

Yeah, the Strangers and Freaks missions (with a few exceptions) have full mocap cutscenes and generally are of the same quality to the main missions, with the exception of not being tied to the main story flow and being a little shorter as a whole. Some of them are a bit different (a couple are gates to collectathon ambient tasks, another couple unlock scripted mission-style tasks around the map), but for the most part, they're more mission content.
Best missions in the game. Especially the ones with the dog. Way better than the main story.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
i was out of college when GTA3 came out. :( I'm so old Im not even looked as a person anymore. lol

Yeah, I was out too, and had already been at work for a couple of years.

Strange to think, this game came out AFTER 9/11.

On Demand

Banned
Best missions in the game. Especially the ones with the dog. Way better than the main story.

I still have about 8 to do. And some random events. Never finished the side missions on PS3 , or even the story, so the PS4 version should still feel new to me. :)

BigDug13

So is this going to have a way to filter servers as "first person view required"? Because otherwise, it doesn't seem like you'll ever have any advantage to playing GTA Online in that view.

Would be cool to play on servers where everyone has to play through the eyes of their character.

I have a very large and very recent backlog, yet this is the only game I can think of and I 100% everything single-player on the last gen version when it came out.

I'm pumped for next week. The scenes, the sun, THE EVEN MORE GLORIOUS FLIP-FLOPS!

mcfrank

Is there anything I need to do on the social club to get ready for this? I played through it on PS3 and will be double dipping on PS4

majik13

When did the creator stuff go live? I was always under the assumption its been MIA like heists. And I played GTAO for like 4-5 months

Well GTA online was pretty damn broken at launch. I'm excited to play the story again but I'm wary of the online portion after what happened last year.

True, only lasted a couple days for me though then I was able to get in, but I didn't play much online at all.

Not going to attempt to log onto GTA Online for the first few days because I already know it's going to be a mess again, and I don't want any possibility of screwing up my transferred character.

J4g3r

That character creation sounds so much better.

Hated how my character looked like a damn druggy because I chose John Marston as a father.

Hawk269

this seems like preemptive damage control and they are definitely expecting shit to break on launch day. Oh well I guess it really can't be avoided nowadays. I am more interested in the SP anyways. bring on that new SP content soon rockstar!!

BINGO! I think they know there will be issues, but they are being pro-active about it.

BigDug13

Is FPS mode coming to last gen versions as well?

They don't want to go back and recreate vehicle interiors for a game that has already had its bulk of sales already happen. The older consoles could most likely handle it, it's just a matter of if Rockstar wants to go back and do it for a game they're not counting on sales of anymore.

They want you to double dip, so I'm thinking the answer will remain no.

Fruitster

The new character creator is very welcome news. It was far more tricky than it should have been to create a decent looking character. Hopefully less trial and error this time around. Can't wait for next Tuesday - still not sure wether to go X1 or PS4 though.

Sounds like preempitve damage control PR for a potentially buggy launch, but it's alright. I know 2K is doing their best to meet this deadline, and I rather have the game in my hands sooner rather than waiting into 2015 for it.

Hip Hop

Pretty happy with my decision to skip this last gen.

I see a lot of people say this, but for me is quite the opposite.

It's gonna be fantastic to revisit the game in a completely new way, to see the changes they've made and compare them.

Tigress

Pretty happy with my decision to skip this last gen.

And I'm fine with my choice not to even though I did so because I believed Rockstar when they said there was no next gen version.

I still got to enjoy the game and at least I get a few extras thrown my way for doing so (Plus I already have built up my online character up). And with first person mode I'll still get a new experience in the game.

But I'd be happy if I waited too (get to experience the game in this fashion for the first time).

Top Bottom