• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V : Getting Ready for the Next Generation in Los Santos

So what are all the features summed up of the HD games? Tried to do a quick search but couldn't find anything.

I know there's First Person Perspective...HD graphics (obviously)...and extra missions...

I'm hoping there's a bunch of extra missions after the ending of the story.

Definitely wanted more after being the PS3 version. I'd like to see what happens next.

I just logged into GTAO for the first time in about 9 months in preparation for my character transfer next week, only to find that every vehicle (8 in total) in my garage was gone. WTF Rockstar?

I did the same thing last week..same thing happened to me.
We were punished for staying away.

LogicStep

I went to rent the game on ps3 to get the extras when I get the game on ps4 but the store didn't have it. Redbox doesn't have it. I don't want to buy a used copy just for this. :/

bud23

Guys, any new if we get an updrage discount?

Not really, but here's something that might interest you.

Guaranteed $30 Trade-In at Target for trading in your GTA V 360/PS3 copy towards Xbox One/PS4 version.

YgF9O7T.jpg

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

i haven't played in months since i sold my ps3. i know that they decrease your stats if you don't play for a while (says this in a loading screen i think) but i really hope they haven't taken away my cars. i bought them with shark card money. my cars (and apartment) better still be there on tuesday!

Holy shit I love you.
Almost didn't pick this up at launch but I'll just trade my joint in. Wonder if I'll get more for my steel case haha

I would keep the Steelbook case and use it for the PS4 version...that's what I'm doing. I guess it all depends on how Target handles trade-ins. I know Gamestop will take loose games (no case) and Best Buy won't (or at least the one near me doesn't).

N° 2048

I don't recall hearing about any new missions.. I presume you mean during the story, of which their addition could screw up a previous story save file? Where's that news from? In any case, I agree with you either that it makes sense not to transfer files, even without the new missions. There's probably too much data that wouldn't transfer in terms of stats and such which may work different with the new gameplay modes, vehicles, etc.

I recall hearing it in the GTA 5-o-clock ep 100.

And

New vehicles, guns, missions, and lots more coming to players who already own the game and are upgrading to a new version.

From Gamespot.

Amagon

Question about the exclusive content for players that played the game in the last gen consoles. Is that bonus content only available to those that preorder the game or will it be for free after release?

Question about the exclusive content for players that played the game in the last gen consoles. Is that bonus content only available to those that preorder the game or will it be for free after release?

The extra content for returning players isn't just for pre-orders. The only pre-order extra for this version is the extra money for Single Player and Online.

yesrushdt

Hopefully Target or another retailer will have a similar deal for the PC version when you trade in the Xbox 360 or PS3 version.

RdN

I just logged into GTAO for the first time in about 9 months in preparation for my character transfer next week, only to find that every vehicle (8 in total) in my garage was gone. WTF Rockstar?

Ugh, seriously? I haven't played since the current gen consoles came out. I hope I haven't lost all the money and assets that I gathered.

De_Legend

Banned
In Canada at the Target stores it's just a 10$ gift card when you buy GTAV ou FC4.

So can I use my gift card for GTAV after buying it or is it just for the next purchase I make?

Hip Hop

In Canada at the Target stores it's just a 10$ gift card when you buy GTAV ou FC4.

So can I use my gift card for GTAV after buying it or is it just for the next purchase I make?

They'll give you the Gift Card after your game purchase, so you can't use it on the game itself.

I feel like we're being extorted here... play GTAO or your garage gets it!

i haven't played in months since i sold my ps3. i know that they decrease your stats if you don't play for a while (says this in a loading screen i think) but i really hope they haven't taken away my cars. i bought them with shark card money. my cars (and apartment) better still be there on tuesday!
My apartment was fine, it was just that my previously full garage was empty :(

If I'd bought anything with Shark Cards I'd be absolutely furious though if anything was taken away.

Ugh, seriously? I haven't played since the current gen consoles came out. I hope I haven't lost all the money and assets that I gathered.
I'm not sure about money, I'd blown all of it on my apartment just before I stopped playing so can't tell if I lost any or not.

Were they cars that were glitched or hacked?
Not sure how you can get a glitched or hacked car (?), but these were just ones I'd either stolen off the street or bought via the in game Internet store. Even my Eligy RH8 (that I can re-order for free) was gone. Most importantly, my heavily modified Carbonizzare (the only car I ever really used, and the one I put all my money into after I bought it) is gone :( The rest I don't even really care about.

That's actually on launch day in Australia (5 AM - 11 AM on the 18th, AEDT). So in Australia there will be a 6 hour period on launch day where you can't actually log into the Playstation Store to buy GTA V. Nice job there Sony, I'm sure Rockstar loves your work.

What's the first thing you guys plan on doing in first person to really get yourself "immersed" in Los Santos?

I'm thinking of heading to the beach, finding a guy on a race road bike, stealing it and touring the map.

I wonder what first person looks like on a bicycle.

Raptomex

What's the first thing you guys plan on doing in first person to really get yourself "immersed" in Los Santos?

I'm thinking of heading to the beach, finding a guy on a race road bike, stealing it and touring the map.

Find a hooker, do the deed, kill her, take her money. That's what all the real GTA players would do.

lol

Anyone know when the preload for PS4 starts?

I'm going to find a cat and stomp its guts.

The first thing I plan on doing is finding a motorbike and riding it in first-person while riding around the map checking out the improved visuals.

Top Bottom