• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Performance Thread

viveks86

Will do.

Is anybody having issues running this with Precison X? I mean I can't even get the game to launch...but even on the menu screens it refuses to do anything so long as Precision X is running.

Are you saying it starts working if you kill Precision X?

I got rid of it because it was messing around with my downsampling technique. Also decided to just run everything on stock, since it ploughed through most games without breaking a sweat.

Vlaphor

i7-4790K @4,2GHz, 1x ASUS GTX970 STRIX and 8 GB of 1333MHz RAM. Should I be able to hold constant 60fps on max, with MSAA either on low or off?

I have pretty much the same computer and I've been running it at 1080p with most everything maxed (though one thing was greyed out) and I've been getting pretty much fluid 60. No noticeable drops that I can see right now.

Salsa

I can't deal with vaseline FXAA so im at least expecting to use 2xMSAA. I'd even tone down settings in favor of it

that + playing this on a 40inch tv sitting a bit far should be enough

OraleeWey

How would a Radeon R9 290x do? I've got 16gb ram and an i7 4790k

New PC owner here so I'm legit asking! Not sure if I should triple dip.

Anyone rocking the 750TI here? Probably won't triple dip until I get a new card in the fall, but if it handles it nicely I might pick it a bit earlier to fool around with the video editor.

Just finished the first mission in the city which has you driving all over the city. Performance remains rock solid. Hopefully, I can save and retry the benchmark now that I'm not starting a new game.

Smokey

Are you saying it starts working if you kill Precision X?

I got rid of it because it was messing around with my downsampling technique. Also decided to just run everything on stock, since it ploughed through most games without breaking a sweat.

No it doesn't work period.

But if Precision is running it won't even progress through the menus to launch the game.

ramshot

First impressions. I have driven around the populated city for a few minutes.

3570k @ 4.2
980GTX +150/+350
16G 2133
Game on Samsung 840 Evo SSD
Win8.1
Gsync @ 1440p

Very decent seeming port. Asset streaming seems much better than in GTA IV. I am getting around 80-100 fps most of the time. Haven't seen lower than 70 yet.

This is going to be enjoyable -->

Ok little update, up on top of the hill looking out at the entire downtown, with everything maxed except for the advanced stuff, 1440p with 2x MSAA it drops down to about 45fps.

680, which is similar, and that sounds about what I expected

specially the textures part. You could try High but if it straight up surpasses your VRAM limit expect to get a slideshow

I set it to high, and I'm still getting 60FPS, at least for now. I'm guessing heavier scenes will cause drops.

zdenko1

Port and overall performance is amazing. There are no freezes, lags or streaming textures. Everything feels and plays great. I play at 3840x2160 with everything ramped up except different AAs and I'm getting stable 35-45 fps with 40 being average.

Setup:

Asus X99-S
i7 5820K
Gigabyte GTX 980
16GB 2400Mhz RAM

Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10049
Nvidia driver 349.90

Here are my settings and VRAM usage:
K0l1Fik.png

zu4uePs.png

CmcSJZC.png

Kvik

5930k @4.2
2x titan x sli
Everything to max, txaa on.

I'm averaging 90ish fps at 1440p. Sli seems fine but I keep crashing at the intro cutscene after Michael leaves his therapists office. Could be the oc on the cards tho, still breaking them in.

So far sli seems flawless.

Do you mind taking screenshots of afterburner with GPU usage turned on in OSD?
Also keen to see your fps in 4K. (via DSR)

Port and overall performance is amazing. There are no freezes, lags or streaming textures. Everything feels and plays great. I play at 3840x2160 with everything ramped up except AA and I'm getting stable 35-45 fps with 40 being average.

Setup:

i7 5820K
Gigabyte GTX 980
16GB 2400Mhz RAM

If you turn off PCSS, do you reckon you can get a solid 60?

dmr87

Hovering around 40-50 fps at the start, 1440p

4670k 4,5ghz
OCd 780ti

SLsb.png

RLsb.png

TLsb.png

Had people popping out in the starting mission, all sound expect ambience cut out during a cutscene, benchmark is fucked and two game crashes. Gonna be some fiddling around before this is playable.

Stitch

Gold Member
I get some weird flickering pixels in the lower right corner if I enable MSAA. Radeon 7970, new driver from today.

Meh, whatever. FXAA in this game looks alright.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
If you want to run the benchmark you need to finish the first mission and get to the first save point in the city. After you've woken up you can run the full benchmark and get a full output in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Benchmarks

LCGeek

formerly sane
7950 at 1100mhz
3570 at 4.2

I'm uploading something, have a shitload of windows open, and the game really isn't breaking a sweat at a mixture of high and very high settings it auto defaulted too. Will get numbers once I'm done uploading but it's miles better than GTA4.

Only turned off AA and Vysnc. Not a fan of them.

viveks86

I think people should post screenshots of their in-game settings. Reading through this thread, it's unclear what maxed out even means. And then some people saying "almost" maxed out. That's even more subjective and nebulous! :D

spuckthew

Oh many it runs like a dream. Unfortunately using normal textures as even just high put me 200MB over without touching anything else, but I'm running a mix of mostly very high with a few highs (sliders defaulted to a mix of 80-100% which was surprising) and I'm getting like 70-100fps :O

As soon as I was given control of Franlin my VRAM was at 1800MB so I don't think high textures will work out too great, but I'll give it a bash tomorrow to see what happens (Shadow of Mordor was fine with when it was recommending 4GB).

Also first-person is so so good! (FoV needs tweaking though.)

TSM

You can select up to 144hz for the refresh rate. The benchmark is busted, but you can at least watch the frame rate as it runs. When the bench mark ends, just exit the game. It's annoying, but otherwise you get a never ending load screen and have to exit anyway. Don't bother running the benchmark until you complete the intro mission as it just will cause you to have to restart the game after the intro mission is failed.

Nekrono

I get some weird flickering pixels in the lower right corner if I enable MSAA. Radeon 7970, new driver from today.

Meh, whatever. FXAA in this game looks alright.

What setup are you running? Also what settings and FPS.

I have a 7970 so I'm curious.

taa0098

Neo Member
Man, this is great. i5 4960k, 280 x, everything is high or very high and it's a rock solid 60. good job rock star.

Edit: Spoke too soon. As I tried to go back to the game after posting this, it wouldn't let me, saying that "GTA V had an unrecoverable fault, please restart" Ruh roh

Wag

The Advanced Graphics settings brings my setup to a crawl.

And what the fuck is Nvidia PCSS?

LilJoka

The Advanced Graphics settings brings my setup to a crawl.

And what the fuck is Nvidia PCSS?

Yes I tuned the sliders down a little on advanced setup for the 970 since the flying part of the bench did have an fps dip to 40fps.

Put shadows to soft instead of PCSS.

spuckthew

I still think MP3 is their best port, but from my 15-minute impression this is a close second. Which is still a massive compliment considering how lacklustre their games on PC have usually been!

2 questions. I have everything at very high, using gtx980.

1. i have half of my alloted 4 GB vid ram used. should I keep raising things until i get close to the 4GB limit?
  2. should FXAA be on along with MSAA?

Shoe786

Do you mind taking screenshots of afterburner with GPU usage turned on in OSD?
Also keen to see your fps in 4K. (via DSR)

If you turn off PCSS, do you reckon you can get a solid 60?

I'm running Gsync so I don't think DSR is supported yet with SLI and Gysnc at the same time. This what you looking for?
KCxB9LG

Top Bottom