• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Release window confirmed by XboxSupport?

Green Yoshi

Please Rockstar Games, save E3 and show us a new GTA V trailer!

Relese date February 2013, good luck for all games that were delayed to 2013. ^^

abundant

I thought for sure we would get a trailer at a conference with a '13 date but alas, Rockstar continues to cocktease us instead.

So sad we didn't get a trailer during one of the pressers. I guess it was foolish of me to hype up that possibility, but damn. Pretty deflating.

Please Rockstar Games, save E3 and show us a new GTA V trailer!

Hopefully after this year's E3, people will finally understand that Rockstar doesn't do E3. I don't know why people continue to hype themselves up for a new Rockstar game trailer at E3, then are disappointed when it never comes. It's been like this for well over a decade.

Fjordson

Hopefully after this year's E3, people will finally understand that Rockstar doesn't do E3. I don't know why people continue to hype themselves up for a new Rockstar game trailer at E3, then are disappointed when it never comes. It's been like this for well over a decade.
Well, Microsoft had a GTA IV trailer back in '07, and the DLC announcement the year before, so I was hoping that there'd be at least a mention of V here. Wasn't expecting anything extensive but...something =[

abundant

Well, Microsoft had a GTA IV trailer back in '07, and the DLC announcement the year before, so I was hoping that there'd be at least a mention of V here. Wasn't expecting anything extensive but...something =[

They showed the GTA IV Logo, not a trailer. Why do people always make this mistake?

TheNatural

My Member!
That shit is fucking ridiculous. I fucking hate people. So rockstar is getting flak because some impatient assholes need it now? These same assholes will then go onto play the game for 1 to 2 weeks tops, then go on to complain about the next big release not coming out when they want it.

I agree, Rockstar usually waits up until the last moment to create hype for GTA V since it does it on it's own.

I do wonder why last year they even showed a teaser, and here we are 7 months later and there's been absolutely nothing since. Why even bother with that back then only to not show anything else for 7 plus months? They could have kept that teaser and just showed it now if this was going to be their release timeframe. It's Rockstar-like to wait, but the timing of that was very un-Rockstar like.

Muffdraul

Rockstar might not attend E3 per se, but Vice City info came during E3 2002, San Andreas info came during E3 2004, and IV was announced at E3 2006.

ekim

http://de.linkedin.com/pub/gerald-bauser/54/786/114

Currently working for the Gamescom 2012 August 15 to 21 in Cologne.

I suppervise programs for:
Activision Blizzard - Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 PC, 360, PS3 and World of Warcraft expansion (from 3 months)
Konami - Metal Gear® Rising: Revengence (ongoing)
Electronic Arts - Medal of Honor Warfighter ™, Crysis ® 3 and Need for Speed ​​™ Most Wanted (3 months) PC, 360, PS3
Rockstar games - Grand Theft Auto V and Table Tennis Tournament 2 - (4 months) PC, 360, PS3
Arenanet - Guild Wars® 3 (in progress) PC, 360, PS3
Valve - Coming Soon (in progress)
Ubisoft - Assassin's Creed 3 (for 5 months) PC; 360, PS3
Reef Entertainment - Coming Soon (2 months)
No other news ...

So GTAV on Gamescom! (if this profile isnt' fake - well he add's GW3 ... )

ekim

After my first enthusiasm, I think this could be fake because:
- mention of Guild Wars 3
- Gamescom exists from 2009 and not 2006 (2006 is was called games convention)
- he has 0 "friends"

Sony Computer intertainment® - Not (in progress)

oO - maybe the new ps3 revision.

Table Tennis 2 wut

On one hand that's crazy enough that this might be true, but it's also crazy enough that it could be fake. EDIT: bahhhh I guess it's fake. Table Tennis 2 though...who does that?

Shiggy

I worked two years in the service of E3, as a program manager from 1999 to 2005.

How does that work?

- 0 friends
- Google hasn't heard of him before yesterday
- Bachelor of Commerce at the Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg in 1980? Doubtful
- No work experience between 1980 and 1999?

GTA V seems to be shown at the Gamescom nonetheless, based on the gamescom trailer.

GlamFM

Banned
How does that work?

- 0 friends
- Google hasn't heard of him before yesterday
- Bachelor of Commerce at the Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg in 1980? Doubtful
- No work experience between 1980 and 1999?

GTA V seems to be shown at the Gamescom nonetheless, based on the gamescom trailer.

Wouldn´t count on that - It´s just a trailer made of other trailers someone put together...

ekim

MIB3-001-285x280.jpg

KingKong

man it's been forever since that trailer

I can't believe they haven't given any more info since then, I can't imagine this game will come out sooner than mid 2013

Petrichor

Am I the only one who see's this coming out simultaneously on current gen platforms and whatever next gen systems are out some time in fall 2013? Makes too much sense at this stage.

rififi

Logically speaking, we should be getting some info soon since Rockstar doesn't have any other pending games to promote; it's been a long time (in gamer time) since Max Payne came out; and judging by how they promoted their last three games (RDR, LA Noire, Max Payne), they start releasing a series of developer diaries within a year before a game is released.

Of course, on the last point, if it isn't scheduled to be released around May next year, then we could be waiting for several more months before we get any new info or videos.

man it's been forever since that trailer

I can't believe they haven't given any more info since then, I can't imagine this game will come out sooner than mid 2013

Aye I feel the same way. There was so much "we'll have more information for you soon!" and, alas, nothing.

As much as I want to believe, I do not think that this could possibly come out in 2013, especially in the October or November timeframe. For such a giant game that is going to push so many pre-orders, they would have announced that date much earlier.

Shiggy

As much as I want to believe, I do not think that this could possibly come out in 2013, especially in the October or November timeframe. For such a giant game that is going to push so many pre-orders, they would have announced that date much earlier.

You mean 2012?

Paradicia

Anyone got an idea when the next trailer should be out? I was hoping after the release of Max Payne 3, Rockstar would lay something out for the fans.

UrbanRats

Anyone got an idea when the next trailer should be out? I was hoping after the release of Max Payne 3, Rockstar would lay something out for the fans.

No, no one has an idea and, furthermore, people are already mental about it on various GTA Forums.
Predictions and "analysis" of the situation daily, to try and guess when new infos will come out.

R* is probably conducting a mental experiment with this game.

Top Bottom