• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Release window confirmed by XboxSupport?

Hey You

Would Take two release Bioshock and GTA within months of each other(Jan-May)? When was the last time two big T2 releases happened within a few months?

Bioshock =/= GTA.

I think Infinite will do much better but Bioshock is the critical darling that gets overlooked during Oscar season whereas GTA is the big blockbuster Avatar type that sells 300 million copies.

Fjordson

Given Take-Two's projections for this fiscal year, aren't people saying that they pretty much have to release GTA V for those kinda numbers? Regardless of other games? Surely this won't be any later than March 2013 (please R*, don't be later than that).

I really like that resume: Under education it says it took him 3 years to get his BSc, which is pretty impressive, but then it goes on to say he had perfect attendance for 11 years! Slice it anyway you want, it's not easy to cram 11 years of perfect attendance in just 3 academic school years.

Shiggy

I really like that resume: Under education it says it took him 3 years to get his BSc, which is pretty impressive, but then it goes on to say he had perfect attendance for 11 years! Slice it anyway you want, it's not easy to cram 11 years of perfect attendance in just 3 academic school years.

Worst fake ever?

Shiggy

lol, well it's just so disappointing. Why would a game designer with 10 years experience working with one of the industry's most famous develops list his BEST BUY job from the '90s?

You actually cannot find that guy anywhere. He's got a Facebook profile, but at least I haven't found him on LinkedIn or even found that resume via legitime means.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Can't imagine a fall release for GTA. They can release it in early 2013 and make as much money, or more, no competition.

TheNatural

My Member!
Who cares even if it is real? It's a resume, he posts what he's working on and when he thinks it's coming out. Some vehicle artist isn't going to have concrete knowledge of a decision that's probably going to come down from the top.

Shiggy

Who cares even if it is real? It's a resume, he posts what he's working on and when he thinks it's coming out. Some vehicle artist isn't going to have concrete knowledge of a decision that's probably going to come down from the top.

Usually they know by when it needs to be finished. The team may not know the exact date, but approximate dates are given.

Fjordson

Yeah, you have a point. I feel like there's only a small group of people right now who actually know when this is coming out (Houser brothers, Leslie Benzies, maybe a few others).

Unless they're already deep into planning for an October release (believe!).

Fjordson

I don't seem to, could you remind me?
A group of women, supposedly married to employees at R* San Diego, posted a blog (or a series of blogs, I can't remember) about terrible working conditions, bad management, etc. Mostly resulting from Red Dead Redemption going through the worst kind of development hell.

The silver lining is that the game was a smash hit, despite everyone pronouncing the studio and the game dead on arrival when this information hit the net :lol hopefully things have gotten better for those guys. They're nothing short of heroes for pulling out a masterpiece from such a crappy situation.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Rock...Diego_employees_have_collected_themselves.php

UrbanRats

I don't seem to, could you remind me?

It was a scandal concerning Red Dead Redemption, where basically the employees were treated like shit, worked insane hours, no bonuses, etc.
And one of the things was, the release date (internally) was postponed, year after year, crunch after crunch countless times.
same happened with LA Noire (although that wasn't a R* developed game).

So GTAV could be "about to ship" since 2010, for all we know.

Hey You

Given Take-Two's projections for this fiscal year, aren't people saying that they pretty much have to release GTA V for those kinda numbers? Regardless of other games? Surely this won't be any later than March 2013 (please R*, don't be later than that).

-Max Payne 3
-Max Payne 3 DLC
-The Darkness II
-Spec Ops
-Borderlands 2
-Plus revenue from all previous game sales

?

I can't remember what their projections were, maybe it's possible to achieve it with the above?

I hope not, I'm itching for some GTA.

torontoml

-Max Payne 3
-Max Payne 3 DLC
-The Darkness II
-Spec Ops
-Borderlands 2

?

I can't remember what their projections were, maybe it's possible to achieve it with the above?

I believe they were expecting to exceed their numbers from GTA IV's release year. So its almost 100% for a fiscal '13 release.

Petrae

-Max Payne 3
-Max Payne 3 DLC
-The Darkness II
-Spec Ops
-Borderlands 2

?

Negative. The projection was split between 2K (40%) and Rockstar (60%). No way does Max Payne 3 and any DLC-- I don't care how much-- gets Rockstar to its target number on their own.

GTA V doesn't have to come out in 2012 to make Take-Two's fiscal year, as I think we all know now. As long as it lands in stores by March of 2013, it'll figure in. It could be a mistake to release it in March and expect to meet projections, IMO; Holiday window 2012 would make it easy to meet, and Jan/Feb would make it more feasible... though a bit more difficult.

UrbanRats

Negative. The projection was split between 2K (40%) and Rockstar (60%). No way does Max Payne 3 and any DLC-- I don't care how much-- gets Rockstar to its target number on their own.

GTA V doesn't have to come out in 2012 to make Take-Two's fiscal year, as I think we all know now. As long as it lands in stores by March of 2013, it'll figure in. It could be a mistake to release it in March and expect to meet projections, IMO; Holiday window 2012 would make it easy to meet, and Jan/Feb would make it more feasible... though a bit more difficult.
How many months till October? June, July, August and September (and maybe part of October itself).
Too little to properly push a new GTA, i think.

Petrae

How many months till October? June, July, August and September (and maybe part of October itself).
Too little to properly push a new GTA, i think.

Fair point about October. 10/23 would be a best-case scenario, I think, but not the most likely one. It's a strong enough title that slipping into JFM 2013 will still generate strong results... even with the growing gauntlet of competition that it could face.

UrbanRats

Fair point about October. 10/23 would be a best-case scenario, I think, but not the most likely one. It's a strong enough title that slipping into JFM 2013 will still generate strong results... even with the growing gauntlet of competition that it could face.

In that case, the only bad thing would be overshadowing Bioshock, but maybe they intend to strike at two different target audiences?

Collider

Banned
X360_85_cover.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6FQfZo9etU

Petrae

In that case, the only bad thing would be overshadowing Bioshock, but maybe they intend to strike at two different target audiences?

Two different labels, despite being under the same umbrella. GTA is a guaranteed multi-platinum seller. As soon as it's ready, it doesn't matter which other titles are in the pipeline... even if GTA V does cannibalize Infinite to some extent. Take-Two still makes money on both.

Robot Pants

October '12.
BELIEVE.

I will say though, that grammar (GTA5 OUT OCTOBER) is pretty bad. I think a publication would at least throw a "IN" in there.

Dabanton

Yep I'm still going to go with October/November probably along with a price cut for the Xbox 360 not sure if Sony were planning on having one as well.

While MP3 is good I can't see it's MP still being a draw later this year. A GTAV release this year makes too much sense they would own the holidays and with Bioshock Infinite moving to next year that suspicion gets stronger what was the last open world crime game (SR3?) and that was last year.

Release next year runs you into the threat of next gen machine hype. Release this year means you can still release DLC etc leading up to march/april.

So yeah.....So no GTA V announcement for this October...yeah.....Now all those people who were so sure about it can shut the hell up and just wait for 2013 with the rest of us.

Lakitu

st5fu
I thought for sure we would get a trailer at a conference with a '13 date but alas, Rockstar continues to cocktease us instead.

Fjordson

So sad we didn't get a trailer during one of the pressers. I guess it was foolish of me to hype up that possibility, but damn. Pretty deflating.

And now I'm all but certain that this isn't coming until next year. Also just saw this on GameFAQs. From Rockstar's YouTube channel:

yURo.png

:lol @ boycotting. But yeah, we're just going to have to wait =[

So sad we didn't get a trailer during one of the pressers. I guess it was foolish of me to hype up that possibility, but damn. Pretty deflating.

And now I'm all but certain that this isn't coming until next year. Also just saw this on GameFAQs. From Rockstar's YouTube channel:

yURo.png

:lol @ boycotting. But yeah, we're just going to have to wait =[

That shit is fucking ridiculous. I fucking hate people. So rockstar is getting flak because some impatient assholes need it now? These same assholes will then go onto play the game for 1 to 2 weeks tops, then go on to complain about the next big release not coming out when they want it.

Top Bottom