• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Release window confirmed by XboxSupport?

Digishine

Banned
there is a way it could release this year. I still believe in it actually.

Also hype is low well yeah it they don't say anything about it then there's nothing to hype lol.

The level of hype and advertising is incredibly low for a GTA if they're releasing this year.
R* usually starts hyping & advertising their game like 3 months before it comes out. also the GTA V trailer on their YT channel has almost 20 million views with new comments every minute. The Hype is there.

edit: even fake videos regarding GTA V have 5+million views on YT.

MMaRsu

Banned
Time to watch the trailer again...

Just watched it..good announcement trailer :). But they need more fun stuff to do, less scripted missions etc.

Dont make me chase a dude on a bike and order me to kill him but I cant kill him on the bike nah I have to follow him to his friends waiting for me.

Mxrz

R* usually starts hyping & advertising their game like 3 months before it comes out. also the GTA V trailer on their YT channel has almost 20 million views with new comments every minute. The Hype is there.

edit: even fake videos regarding GTA V have 5+million views on YT.

VC, SA, even IV were hyped up long before 3 months. That PSM VC preview in particular iirc. If they started hyping now, I could maybe believe a holiday release. But I doubt it.

VC, SA, even IV were hyped up long before 3 months. That PSM VC preview in particular iirc. If they started hyping now, I could maybe believe a holiday release. But I doubt it.
Well Recently, RDR and Max Payne 3 were hyped a few months before release with their new video series marketing. Max payne 3 marketing began around January when the game was first slated to release in March and with RDR the marketing/hype videos began in December when the game's planned release was in April. Same with L.A Noire.

MMaRsu

Banned
Rockstar would already be in marketing mode if the game was coming out this year.

Nah man they only begin really hyping their stuff like 4/5 months from release. It's already announced, they already have the engine from GTAIV and if you look at the trailer a lot of stuff looks very complete already gameworld wise.

Like mentioned earlier in this topic, if Take Two expects a huge bump in the last quarter of the year, this would be the game to do it.

If they start shortly after E3, like late June with a full blown first trailer the hype will be there and R* doesn't need to do anything else. They only need to release 1!! trailer and there will be a shitstorm. Like check out the 17 million views the announcement!! trailer has.

Nah man they only begin really hyping their stuff like 4/5 months from release. It's already announced, they already have the engine from GTAIV and if you look at the trailer a lot of stuff looks very complete already gameworld wise.

Like mentioned earlier in this topic, if Take Two expects a huge bump in the last quarter of the year, this would be the game to do it.

If they start shortly after E3, like late June with a full blown first trailer the hype will be there and R* doesn't need to do anything else. They only need to release 1!! trailer and there will be a shitstorm. Like check out the 17 million views the announcement!! trailer has.

Exactly, that means that they can release it whenever it is best for them. It would be stupid to get caught up with all the other games being released this fall when they can release it in the March-May window which they have proven to be good for them.

Digishine

Banned
They don't need to release it in another window just cause of call of duty and other big games. GTA can handle that just fine. Were talking about gta... not saint row or something else. GTA got a strong fan base

GTA5 timed exclusive even for 6 months would huge.

HUGE.

HUGE.

Ugh, that would suck.

I have a 360, PS3 and PC so I'd be fine if it were timed exclusive to one of them, but I'm hoping to sell my 360 soonish (and I'd rather have it on PS3 anyway, PC later on) so I'd rather it stayed multiplatform from day one.

So yeah, stay away Microsoft, thanks.

I can see this happening.

Why would MS work out a timed exclusive deal for GTA5 when they didn't do it for GTA4? That's the one that could've pushed their hardware. Now everyone that wants GTA5 already has a 360. And I don't even want to imagine how much that would cost them

Rockstar and Take-Two just announced that U.S. GTAIV sales reached $500 million in sales the first week, which means 6 million copies were purchased from retailers nationwide. GTAIV also shattered Halo 3's $170 million twenty-four hour sales record, ringing up some $310 million in sales on April 29th alone. We guarantee it's all smiles over at the offices of Take-Two and Rockstar, though truckloads of cash tend to do that to a person.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/07/gtaiv-breaks-records-500-million-first-week-sales/

It's safe to say that any sort of exclusivity would cost hundreds of millions of dollars.

MMaRsu

Banned
Exactly, that means that they can release it whenever it is best for them. It would be stupid to get caught up with all the other games being released this fall when they can release it in the March-May window which they have proven to be good for them.

I think since GTAIV has been on the Xbox Live most played list for years since released and has been I think in the top 10 consistently says that they can hang and even beat the other big boys. I think if GTAV and Black Ops 2 release even close together, I think GTAV will still outsell it.

Digishine

Banned
I think since GTAIV has been on the Xbox Live most played list for years since released and has been I think in the top 10 consistently says that they can hang and even beat the other big boys. I think if GTAV and Black Ops 2 release even close together, I think GTAV will still outsell it.

Yep they will. I would bet on that.

Marleyman

Banned
Why would MS work out a timed exclusive deal for GTA5 when they didn't do it for GTA4? That's the one that could've pushed their hardware. Now everyone that wants GTA5 already has a 360. And I don't even want to imagine how much that would cost them.

They did for the DLC though; maybe that is the route they will take again. You are right though; the cost would be astronomical.

Yeah. Every time a GTA trailer comes out, it breaks the internet. As big as CoD and Halo are, GTA would still overshadow them.

Marleyman

Banned

Agreed, especially with how watered down COD franchise has become. A GTA release is an event; a new COD game is expected at this point.

Game-Biz

I think this very obviously means that GTAV is a timed exclusive Wii U launch title. The 360/PS3 versions will come out some time March 2013. Wow.

UrbanRats

Maybe in the long run it will, but CoD sells like crazy and this seems to shakes things up a little bit, so it'll probably sell even more.
I mean there are a whole bunch of gamers to which "gaming" means CoD and nothing beyond that.

EDIT: GTA4 sold shipped around 20+m copies, i can't find recent numbers for COD:MW3, but wasn't that the biggest selling thing in entertainment.. or something? Or maybe it was just biggest launch sales, that would make the most sense.

Maybe in the long run it will, but CoD sells like crazy and this seems to shakes things up a little bit, so it'll probably sell even more.
I mean there are a whole bunch of gamers to which "gaming" means CoD and nothing beyond that.

EDIT: GTA4 sold shipped around 20+m copies, i can't find recent numbers for COD:MW3, but wasn't that the biggest selling thing in entertainment.. or something? Or maybe it was just biggest launch sales, that would make the most sense.
blops had sold 25 million back in august 2011.

Fjordson

GTA IV was up to 22 million as of September of last year. So yeah, it's pretty close, but I think Black Ops 2 might top it by a few million in the long run. Every time I think CoD is about to lose all steam, it sells more :lol

There's still time for marketing to kick in for a release late this year, but I think they definitely need to get some new info out there soon. Gone too long with just a reveal trailer and zero details.

It's GTA.

They could say nothing until 1 month prior to release and it'd sell like hot cakes.

But a trailer at E3 could kick everything off. A 5 month marketing window is definitely sufficient.

Personally I hope it's more modest because they have a propensity to tell everything about the game beforehand and addicts like me can't resist.
Although I remember being shocked about San Andreas and I read tons and tons of stuff on that.

iNvid02

i see gta v on that list

gamescover.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope a new trailer pops up at a conference at least. I've given up on the possibility of an October release. 2013 is much much more likely.

iNvid02

the pic from that post - just gotta wait 2 more days to find
out what is really going on, e3 announcement and october 2012
would be fucking marvellous

Pw1Vj.png

Top Bottom